Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? (56973 Views)

My Parents Are HIV Positive / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by casualobserver: 11:18am On Jun 20
Marvieduke:
If you truly loved her you won't have that thought of something may go wrong, I don't want to sound like because I am woman, well it's up to you to decide

Will you marry a man if you know he is unlikely to be able to provide?

The purpose of a man is to provide, the purpose of a woman to to procreate. A man or a woman who cannot perform their primary function for existing is of no use as a wife or husband.

Let nobody deceive you and let your ego not get the better of you. As a woman If you cannot give birth your only purpose to a man is as a side chick. If you cannot provide as a man, you will have to settle for somebody else’s baby mama, a desperate woman, or some other form of bottom of the barrel woman and you should consider yourself lucky and be ready to collect insults as part of the deal.

6 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jerobua: 11:18am On Jun 20
If this is a real life situation and you are sure you love her and you wanna spend the rest of your life with her, then my candid advise for you is that both of you should get involved in premarital sex and see for yourself if it would result to pregnancy or not, since that is your greatest fear. If you dare to tell your parents, even if they agree for both of you to marry, immediately after your wedding, they will start mounting pressure, this will lead to anxiety and that pregnancy may likely not come.
There is nothing wrong in having the surgery she had, those who had them before are mothers of plenty children.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by windvane(m): 11:18am On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.
does having fertility issues mean there are no solutions?It's people like you that discourage nice people from doing things....What happens if you yourself have cancer tomorrow?

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by omoredia: 11:19am On Jun 20
Gboom:

It is obvious you are a jerky stuff. You think every is living in abject poverty like you

They why ask for advice? U no get sense at all. So u no know IVF. Proud poor man

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Myhusband(m): 11:19am On Jun 20
Augustine2244:

Brother,why not seek the professional advice of a gynaecologist together with the girl, rather than your parents, though you can still inform them later.
If she ovulates normally,then she would have no problem conceiving.

Normal ovulation doesn't validate possible fertility

5 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by shiwex: 11:19am On Jun 20
shine your eyes.......Don't be blinded by love....

3 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by nick50(m): 11:19am On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.
...leave am by d time those pointed breasts and big nyash go sag him eyes go clear..in Phyno's voice 'dem no dey telli person '

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by shiwex: 11:20am On Jun 20
windvane:
does having fertility issues mean there are no solutions?It's people like you that discourage nice people from doing things....What happens if you yourself have cancer tomorrow?
I am sure you are a female..Only a female will write such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by mctech(m): 11:21am On Jun 20
Jesus said be in the world but not of the world.

You need to be street-wise to deal with ladies of nowadays.

What if the said ovary was damaged by an abortion?

OP don't let love blind you into carrying a cross you know nothing about.

When reality sets in, it may be heavier than you think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by essyiyk: 11:21am On Jun 20
Please talk to professionals about it, you can only disclose it to your parents if you are still a child. Have you considered people with no issues in their organs but still face childlessness

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 11:22am On Jun 20
The way men bend rules to accommodate Ladies as well as the unappreciative ladies amaze me a lot.

Give a woman such a challenging case to handle, she would tell you "quid pro quo"... meaning something for something. She must ensure she isn't losing out entirely notwithstanding her status. Women are smarter when it comes to this.
Give it to them.

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by lexy2014: 11:24am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.
My parents doesn’t know about her surgery yet. Should I tell them about it?
Pls ask your parents if you can tell them
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by otherway: 11:25am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.

There is a good chance she may find it hard but not impossible to conceive.

You may be looking at IVF as an option IF she does not get pregnant as quickly as you want.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by otherway: 11:25am On Jun 20
APOPTOSIS:
The way men bend rules to accommodate Ladies as well as the unappreciative ladies amaze me a lot.

Give a woman such a challenging case to handle, she would tell you "quid pro quo"... meaning something for something. She must ensure she isn't losing out entirely notwithstanding her status. Women are smarter when it comes to this.
Give it to them.

Very sad reality.

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 11:26am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
IF you know you need kids, please leave her now, except she would entertain you having kids with other women, or get her pregnant now & do watchful waiting.

Humans marry for 3 reasons.
1st for procreation.
2nd for Companionship
3rd for sociopolitical reasons.

If you already have kids and you love her conduct, then go in for the 2nd option.
Professional advice given for free
IVF is now 4 million in Naija.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by OmoOshodi(m): 11:27am On Jun 20
This is like using goalkeeper with one hand to man thee goal post......

Just make sure she gets pregnant before tying the knot with her

Ire o

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jumper524(m): 11:27am On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

bro that perfect girl is rare
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Kasalagoburst: 11:29am On Jun 20
If she doesn't get pregnant within the first year, you will spend a lot of money to induce pregnancy medically. A tough battle lies ahead.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Taiwo20(m): 11:29am On Jun 20
leave faith first and use your head

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by ozo13(m): 11:30am On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

a good angle to look at the issue.
This isn't issue one should hide from his parent.He need to tell his parent for proper guidance.It is a complex one though.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by capnies: 11:30am On Jun 20
IF SHE CANNOT GIVE BIRTH YOU ADOPT
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by windvane(m): 11:31am On Jun 20
shiwex:
I am sure you are a female..Only a female will write such nonsense.
I am a male...do u want my IG handle?do you have a sister at all?have you wondered if your sis was in same shoes?I do not discriminate,what is good for a guy is good for a lady....

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by AlphaHakimi: 11:32am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

Of all the healthy/complete women on earth, you chose the one with issues. Ask yourself this question, if you were the incomplete person in any facet of life, will she choose you?

You are exposed to two difficult choices
1) Possibility of getting pregnant and giving birth with its complications.
2) Risk of cancer in the future.

That feeling of love you have will fade when childlessness or health issues begin to torment you.
In situations like this, it okay to be extremely selfish about what you want. The world and your girlfriend will adjust.

You are actually scared that telling your parents will result in them not supporting the idea of you marrying her, particularly your mum. In your heart, you have doubts too that's why this is an issue for you.

If you are in a room and about to have sex with a girl, do you usually call your parents to ask their opinion?

By telling your parents, you know there is a 99% chance that they will ad ice you not to marry her. That way, you already have a reason to break up with her. Be selfish in your decision. Healthy women are cheaper and easier to marry than someone life is already beating 1-0.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by twosquare(m): 11:32am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
You don't like yourself... When the trouble starts, you wish you could turn back the hands of time.

If at all you want to get married to her, get her pregnant first to be sure things are good. TTC is not a joke. It is a stressful and expensive journey. A visit to the health section of Nairaland should reset your brain.

Because if it is not forthcoming after you marry, she and you will feel the heat.

Don't mind those on the front page telling you otherwise...some are 200-level students with no experience about life...

At the end, it may lead to divorce you don't plan for...

"You have to be selfish with your choice of partner because you are expected to be selfless in marriage."

Women are brutal about theirs when making a choice...use your head, man.

Peradventure anything goes wrong, she will tell you that sebi you know I was like this before you married me. So, she is showing you herself now.

You don enter am be that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by winner37(m): 11:36am On Jun 20
Kenmatt:

I have a candid advice for you.

For now, stop thinking anything called marriage.

You're still a child.

Lol...you know his age?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Ebonygeek(f): 11:36am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
I’m seriously thinking of this as well. I don’t want to be caught in any complexities
Psalm 11:3 KJV
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

If you start your marriage with fornication, there will be problems in future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by enumerica: 11:37am On Jun 20
I assure you that when she tells you that one is gone, both are gone. This is her best way to say that she her biological system is not able to hold a child for you. If you think you can handle this, please move on. It's essential to inform your parents about this, as I believe they will react appropriately.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Billionaire999: 11:39am On Jun 20
Give her belle fist make she born like 2 or 3 . Best advice
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by winner37(m): 11:40am On Jun 20
Bro , my advice is let her missed her menstruation first before planning of getting married for her not to be a liability for you in the nearest future..
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by StreetFight: 11:40am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

Make sure she is 6 months pregnant before you marry her, if not, DO NOT carry another person problems for your head

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by highvaluewoman(f): 11:41am On Jun 20
And who says having PCOS equals infertile or no womb? Must you tell your parents everything? What would they do after knowing if not discouraging you further? These young men with no brain or no capacity to think sef. So tiring to deal with.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by annford: 11:41am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

My wife had PCOS and today, we have 3 children with the fourth on the way. We never went for any surgeries of any kind. We just kept on trying for kids until God made it possible for us to be parents. PCOS is a very serious medical issue. It is only a man that is very patient, loving, understanding and tolerant that can stay with a woman with PCOS. Thing is 3 out of every 10 black females have PCOS. Some are partially active or completely inactive, while others are very active.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.