Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,821 members, 7,872,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? (56882 Views)

My Parents Are HIV Positive / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Bahamas95(m): 11:44am On Jun 20
No matter the close bond you have with your parents I don't think it's wise to tell them everything about your partner.......One of your duties as a man is to protect your spouse.

To be on a safer side I advice you get her pregnant first.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by JimD(m): 11:44am On Jun 20
Let your parents know, and consult a real gynecologist. Don't take any chances.

PS: The fact that she even told you shows she's a good girl though. Most ladies won't say shii...
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Moniya4Real(m): 11:45am On Jun 20
may be he is convinced his parents has his best interest at heart.
eazzzy1:
What would you be telling your parents for? To help you decide if you are making the right decision or to alert them of the probability of never having kids?

It’s your decision to make, not your parents. However, if you think you aren’t doing the right thing and you need someone to talk you out of it, then talking to people who have your best interest at heart is a good idea.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by G0odharddick: 11:45am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
I’m seriously thinking of this as well. I don’t want to be caught in any complexities

Oga dump that girl now and move on to another healthy and complete lady.

If that girl was to be in your shoes, dude she won't even look back at you twice. She'll dump you ASAP for a healthy and richer guy
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Uiibrahim(m): 11:48am On Jun 20
Does she feel pains each time you make out with her? If not, she doesn't have fertility issue again. Infact she can Survive on one overy to get pregnant. For benefit of doubt, pls try and put her in family way to test her fertility level. Thank you.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Louis8796: 11:48am On Jun 20
Omo you get sense ohh
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by inforesource: 11:49am On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.
My parents doesn’t know about her surgery yet. Should I tell them about it?
Fear is a spirit and when it continues to build up, it create its reality in the physical realm. So, my advice, stay off? Even though that wasn't a threats, your fears will make it so. And by the way, what has your parent got to do with this? Who will feel the pains or the trial of your marriage? You or your parent? You better brace up if you want to go into marriage.

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 11:53am On Jun 20
highvaluewoman:
And who says having PCOS equals infertile or no womb? Must you tell your parents everything? What would they do after knowing if not discouraging you further? These young men with no brain or no capacity to think sef. So tiring to deal with.
We understand the reason it's so tiring for you. It's so tiring simply because the nowadays men no longer dance to your deceptive tunes....Men have now risen to advise their compatriots and you are deeply worried and sad about it.
Sorry my dear.
We're coming up with a book.

4 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by highvaluewoman(f): 11:53am On Jun 20
APOPTOSIS:

We understand the reason it's so tiring for you. It's so tiring simply because the nowadays men no longer dance to your deceptive tunes....Men have no risen to advise their compatriots and you are deeply worried and sad about it.
Sorry my dear.
We're coming up with a book.

Dafto, get a life.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Osanoghodua1: 11:54am On Jun 20
Tell your parents, tell your pastor if you're a Christian, then seek a medical advise. Above all tell it to God if you're to marry her or not.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by highvaluewoman(f): 11:55am On Jun 20
Myhusband:

Normal ovulation doesn't validate possible fertility

Then what does?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 11:58am On Jun 20
highvaluewoman:

Dafto, get a life.
In the future, I pray your son brings home a good woman with severe PCOS complicated with virilism and hirsutism, seeking your advice to marry the lady.

Please tell Nairalanders the answer you will give to this your son who has got no child to his name
Talk is Cheap until it's your turn!

3 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by chieni(f): 11:59am On Jun 20
It depends on who your parents are. This is a sensitive information. Are they people who will spill it out if they kick against the marriage or they will silently deal with it by not announcing to other people, even if they don't agree to the marriage.

My second advice. Please let her go since you are not sure you can handle it. For some they don't have a problem because it's the woman they love first. She's not an experiment for you to experiment with by getting her pregnant before marriage. Peradventure she gets pregnant who knows you might dump her for one reason or the other. Please let her go someone will love her with hope that a child will definitely come.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by trappatoni(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20
Ovary wey God dey give like pure water on the altar of fire.....oga ...worry is from the devil.....nothing will go wrong....just believe in this awesome and loving Abba

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by highvaluewoman(f): 12:00pm On Jun 20
APOPTOSIS:

In the future, I pray your son brings home a good woman with severe PCOS complicated with virilism and hirsutism, seeking your advice to marry the lady.

Please tell Nairalanders the answer you will give to this your son who has got no child to his name
Talk is Cheap until it's your turn!

No problem. I will give him all the support he needs. Companionship and love first. Children are just placements and not the holistic part of marriage.

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:02pm On Jun 20
Babinski:

Discuss it with your parents who have your best interests at heart not necessarily because you are a child that cannot make up your mind as soon will want you to think. Sometimes additional opinions are needed on important issues like this. When the chips are down, is it not these same parents that you expect to be by your side?

You should also seek medical opinion from a gynecologist and also pray about it to know if she's God's choice for you. The girl has been honest on telling you she had PCOS with surgery but that may not be the entire truth. The fact that an ovary was removed showed the PCOS was severe and wasn't responding to any medication or ovary drilling. You definitely need expert medical opinion because there may be post-surgery issues that you need to be aware of.

If you or your parents are wealthy, the inability of your wife to carry a baby may not be an entire deterrent to marriage because you can have surrogates carry baby fertilized by your sperm and your wife's egg. So the babies belong biologically to you and your wife. But such is quite expensive running into millions of Naira per baby.

How does this God's choice of a thing work?

Please enlighten me as exhaustively as you can because I've heard about it quite a lot and would want to be assured of its practicality.

Thanks in advance.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 12:02pm On Jun 20
highvaluewoman:

No problem. I will give him all the support he needs. Companionship and love first. Children are just placements and not the holistic part of marriage.
I never asked for support.
I said advice him to go ahead or not.
Simple.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by highvaluewoman(f): 12:03pm On Jun 20
APOPTOSIS:

I never asked for support.
I said advice him to go ahead or not.
Simple.

Yes, I will. They will wholly have my blessings.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by APOPTOSIS: 12:03pm On Jun 20
highvaluewoman:

Yes, I will. They will wholly have my blessings.
GooD!👍🏾
Therefore you have exonerated yourself.
Good One from you.
Meanwhile allow other families to be responsible for their opinions too.
Yours is not the WHO standard.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Agendanwamama: 12:07pm On Jun 20
I sugest u discuss it with a medical practitioner
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by zoomzoom(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20
[quote author=Augustine2244 post=130565145]
Brother,why not seek the professional advice of a gynaecologist together with the girl, rather than your parents, though you can still inform them later.
If she ovulates normally,then she would have no problem conceiving.

Better still, WHY NOT TRY "KNOCKING HER UP" ?...afteral if she gets pregnant, your worries will JAPA.
Nobi marriage una wan do?.
If you fit, you WALK. No need for that FAMILY MEETING. NA MAN YOU BE!!
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jessylaurel(f): 12:12pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.

Your parents have nothing and have no right to know about such information. And what they f she hid it from you?

Don’t betray her trust for telling you about such. You’re now a grown man if you think you’re ready for marriage.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Desusi: 12:12pm On Jun 20
eazzzy1:
What would you be telling your parents for? To help you decide if you are making the right decision or to alert them of the probability of never having kids?

It’s your decision to make, not your parents. However, if you think you aren’t doing the right thing and you need someone to talk you out of it, then talking to people who have your best interest at heart is a good idea.
It could be that he wanted his parents to severe the relationship by themselves before time.You have said it all,the decision remained with him.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by sweetrace(f): 12:13pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
That something may go wrong in the future

Why don’t you both go to a doctor and ask your questions there instead of Nairaland?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jessylaurel(f): 12:13pm On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.

Mummies boy spotted!!!!!!
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by soccerlite: 12:13pm On Jun 20
Marvieduke:
If you truly loved her you won't have that thought of something may go wrong, I don't want to sound like because I am woman, well it's up to you to decide

"If you truly love her" - indeed

Lolzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by delpee(f): 12:14pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

You and the lady should be talking to a gynaecologist not your parents at this point in time. What do you expect them to say from a layman's point of view?
Except if you want to use them as an excuse to break up your relationship. All depends on your feelings and plans for her.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jessylaurel(f): 12:15pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
That something may go wrong in the future

You have no fear whatsoever so long as her fallopian tubes are intact likewise her womb a woman can carry pregnancy with one ovary. Ask your doctor. Don’t let negative thoughts blind you please.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Azazyel: 12:15pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

You better get her pregnant first to be sure you're not entering fire. PCOS no be small wahala o bros. She may not conceive easily. Don't tell your parents anything or else her matter would spread like wildfire and she would be traumatized. Act like a man

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jessylaurel(f): 12:17pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
so would you advise I speak to them about it to know what they think?

The best person to speak to is a doctor and he will tell you that there’s nothing wrong. I know of a woman whose pregnant with one ovary during my ante natal days.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by jessylaurel(f): 12:19pm On Jun 20
Kenmatt:

I have a candid advice for you.

For now, stop thinking anything called marriage.

You're still a child.

You’re highly blessed 🎈
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by gerizzim: 12:20pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

PCOS....that name dey cause nightmare for the female folk.
let me say this to you the guy.
It is wise you let the gal go if your mind doesn't have the capacity to continue. you are not been wicked if you end the relationship.

see my brother, there are countless couple who the gynaecologist certify fertile but they find if difficult to conceive. you hear a couple 24yrs in marriage,no issue. It is really confusing.

Your fear will develop to hatred for dt woman after som yrs in marriage if she is yet to take in.that is the raw truth. Love go run enter bush esp wen you see people dt got marid after you are done with childbearing and you wen marry yrs before dem.neva start. It's not as if it's a competition but that's the reality the mind cnt explain.

Some say get her preg before marriage. but let me ask, wat if along the 9mnts , she get miscarriage nd loose the baby. You nack her again, she get belle. anoda miscarriage com happen d following yr. second yr of marriage don go be dat without a child.

you wouldn't even wnt to be patient wit her, all you wil thinking is the PCOS that is the issue because you had dt information before hand abt the condition of her ovary and it may not be the issue. Your mind wil begin play games with you.

Am talking from experience. my wife was certified ok. no pcos but we had a little delay before she took in. Dt period of no conception, I started feeling depressed abt d situation but had to keep pushing out negative thoughts.

Are you aware of fallopian blockage? let's say the oda ovary dt is wrkin gets block or starts giving the gal wahala wit time. Gynaecologist might ask her to do HSG. the cost implication of HSG and the pain the woman wil go thru.Ask any woman in the medical line wt HSG means and she go tel you.

I kno your yet to comprehend wat you wnt to put urslef into. atlist you see people wit just one eye , just imagine the strain that only eye they have keep undergoing and if per adventure anything happens to dt second eye, dt person bcoms blind foreva.

Marriage is forever and forever dey long ooo. you know abt a problem at the start and your mind cnt carry the consequences of it. It's better you abort marrying her. Definitely anoda person dt doesn't see anything wrong or fearful in she having one ovary wil marry her.

Please look at the gals case again and count the cost.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID CONTRACTING THE EBOLA VIRUS / Muslim Lady Who Performed Surgery In Hijab Speaks After Succesful Operation.PICS / Lady Goes Gaga After Taking Weed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.