Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,725 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? (56969 Views)

My Parents Are HIV Positive / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by idahme(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20
Zooposki:

That’s why I always tell women that men see marriage as a contract. Thats why they look for wife material aka slave aka mule. The more the say a woman is a wife material, it just simply means she is a bigger slave/mule/mumu.

The man should be able to take up all the financial duties in a traditional marriage with zero contributions from the wife.

If the marriage is 50/50, the woman should make sure the man take up 50% of all household chores and child rearing.

If the woman is providing all or most of the finances the man should take up all or most of the household chores and child rearing.

But what we see is a case of women taking up the bulk of the duties in a marriage. Once they burn out from stress and start looking older, the man moves to a younger prey.

Na ENP u don turn to wey don turn bitter leave grin. Let's use u as a case study, since you have been dating what value have u brought to the men u are dating compared to the value they bring to you ? Check your head and correct yourself appropriately, that's to tell you the effort men put to keep women going and put them on a pedestal no wonder women don't take accountability and responsibility for their actions because there is always a man ready to accommodate that irresponsibility. How many men have you heard women raised their status in the society compare them to women that their status were raised by men? The stats is never equivalent. A man will pick a woman who isss nobody and make her someone but women don't usually do that because of hypergamy (aka golddiging). Those home chores you talk about men do it , men even hire helps at home in most houses and are still expected to bring money to the house.

Most of you have dated a hundred times and have fallen out of the rader but only has one lifeline, exuding bitter pills but interestingly men will always go for the ripe mangoes and not the over ripe ones.

You will be fine with time

2 Likes

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by frozen70(f): 8:37pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.
My parents doesn’t know about her surgery yet. Should I tell them about it?

Hmmm is only true love that can guarantee the validity of this kind of relationship

Well I don't think you need to tell your parents yet

What if she didn't tell you and still went ahead to be pregnant and had only one child for you, will you be satisfied with it

I think both of you should go for fertility test and if you guys comes out OK, then you can try conceiving, if you guys are lucky she becomes pregnant, good and fine.
Then use the opportunity to seal the relationship

Secondly, if you guys love
yourselves and you find it difficult to separate, then prepare yourself for third party pregnancy, either through IVF, surrogacy or Adoption

We have some couples, who are fit for pregnancy but yet to conceive on their own

So to me, love and respect should be the bed rock of this relationship
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by dalass(f): 8:41pm On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.

I know a lady with same condition.She even had twins,a boy and girl with one fallopian tube oh.

We no be God

Another lady with ectopic pregnancy is a mother of 4 kids. So calm down

These are real people I know grin
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Jun 20
eraglory:
This are the kind of topic where frozen70 is needed

Lol
I just commented now
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by dalass(f): 8:42pm On Jun 20
Jamahyel:
What is your fear?

Abi oh.

With that one ovary she can born twins, triplets or more self cheesy

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by dalass(f): 8:43pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
There’s this girl I have been dating for a couple of months now, we are planning on settling down soon. She was diagnosed with PCOS couple of years ago before I met her, had a surgery and one of her ovaries were removed. Though she still ovulates and sees her period, I am kind of worried if there will be any issues in the future.

Calm down

I know a lady with same condition.She even had twins,a boy and girl with one fallopian tube oh.

We no be God

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by maasoap(m): 8:58pm On Jun 20
epainos:

Thank God you know fertility was extremely high in their days. Case closed.
And fertility is extremely low in our days but the world population just keep exploding grin grin grin. But that is not the point, you knew of course
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by candygist: 8:59pm On Jun 20
Geniemoi01:

Let your parents know. Don't hide it from them. If you ever told her that one of your testicles got removed, but you still ejaculated, should she still remain with you? Ask yourself that question. She'll definitely have fertility issues. Don't let feelings blind you.
Gbam. Or try and see if you can get her pregnant before marrying her.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by maasoap(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20
dalass:

We no be God

It sure looks like you omitted some facts from this story. The part where ARH might have played some roles. The twins part made me said that
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by epainos: 9:18pm On Jun 20
maasoap:

And fertility is extremely low in our days but the world population just keep exploding grin grin grin. But that is not the point, you knew of course
The world population is not exploding. You are lost. Fertility in advance nation is low because of modernization, but it can be easily corrected. Of course, we are better equipped now, but listen....that, which is about destroying us, has been revealed. Science is moving us back to natural lifestyle. This is my point. Our grandparents used most of these natural things, but they couldn't explain well why they worked for them.

I appreciate modern things... but my point is that it is pointing us back to what our fathers ate and drank.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by mamaafrik(m): 9:19pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:
I’m seriously thinking of this as well. I don’t want to be caught in any complexities

No mumuooo,set out to start monitoring her ovulation period and at that time pump your sperms repeatedly,if by 6 good month she can't get pregnant then think again about the marriage.
If she does,wed her and redo another with 2 years.

No let emotions turn you to mumuoooo,she'll be doing worst if ur one of your testes are gone.

Wait,Why not test her that you are having a kidney issue and see if she can do same for you
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Exceptional300: 9:29pm On Jun 20
Thanks guys for the contribution. I really appreciate
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Zooposki(f): 9:52pm On Jun 20
idahme:

Na ENP u don turn to wey don turn bitter leave grin. Let's use u as a case study, since you have been dating what value have u brought to the men u are dating compared to the value they bring to you ? Check your head and correct yourself appropriately, that's to tell you the effort men put to keep women going and put them on a pedestal no wonder women don't take accountability and responsibility for their actions because there is always a man ready to accommodate that irresponsibility. How many men have you heard women raised their status in the society compare them to women that their status were raised by men? The stats is never equivalent. A man will pick a woman who isss nobody and make her someone but women don't usually do that because of hypergamy (aka golddiging). Those home chores you talk about men do it , men even hire helps at home in most houses and are still expected to bring money to the house.

Most of you have dated a hundred times and have fallen out of the rader but only has one lifeline, exuding bitter pills but interestingly men will always go for the ripe mangoes and not the over ripe ones.

You will be fine with time

Please add more paragraphs to make it readable before I reply.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by matoota: 10:32pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

She may have delay before gettingpregnant, she
may not , she may have fertility issues, she may not.
Think about it if u can handle that
But in all ,what God can not do does not exist

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by emani03(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20
Confirm from different doctors if she is fertile,
Once she’s fertile, go ahead and marry her

It’s not everything u tell ur parents or family when it comes to marriage.
Secrecy is paramount.
Exceptional300:
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by mediclife1987(m): 11:24pm On Jun 20
Exceptional300:

So she dey get plenty pimples for her ovaries...
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Exceptional300: 2:25am On Jun 21
Akwamkpuruamu:
Guy a lady with one ovary and conception no de easy. It takes God's special grace and miracle. I have a close relation passing thru this and ain't funny at all
she has one ovary too?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by galantjoe(m): 3:38am On Jun 21
Impregnate her for the journey will be probably faster and easier
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by fineberry(m): 4:32am On Jun 21
Op don't marry out of pity please, for future sake
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by PropertyBanker(f): 5:23am On Jun 21
Exceptional300:
I’m seriously thinking of this as well. I don’t want to be caught in any complexities
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Fiscus105(m): 6:13am On Jun 21
olarent:
Wao, you are intelligent not more than what you have said.

Abi oooo, I guess you will stop taking instructions from your mummy when you click 80.

The amount of money you want to give ur wife

When to have sex with your wife

The number of kids you will have.

And several instructions, ......since you are King Solomon,the wisest in the universe.

Why won't marriage scatter? when it's mummy that's controlling adults on how to manage his marriage.

Anyway, teens should shut up, when issue of marriage is being discussed.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by BALLOSKI: 7:10am On Jun 21
Exceptional300:
That something may go wrong in the future
Your parents are medical practitioners? See a doctor for further advice.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Dshocker(m): 7:30am On Jun 21
skj1377:
Look for a healthy complete lady. It's cheaper and better on the long run. Love will fade be warned

So who go come marry the girl kwanu?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Fearurcreeator: 8:07am On Jun 21
Geniemoi01:

Telling his parents will do what exactly?
Are they doctors to know if she can conceive?
If he doesn't really care about raising children wetin concern parents with that ...
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by JessicaRabbit(f): 9:14am On Jun 21
Exceptional300:

I just have one question: do you believe your lady's reproductive health defines her worth as a potential partner?

As for sharing this information with your parents, I'd personally advise against it, at least not without her consent. Her health history is her personal information, and you have to respect that.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by JessicaRabbit(f): 9:46am On Jun 21
AreaFada2:

People will call you immature, mummy's pet and what not. Nor mind them. Only you will face any fertility issues should they occur. None of the most Naira land ladies here will be there with you. In fact, the will be the ones to also blame you later for not checking well. Or even tell you it is not a must to have kids, that the love you and the lady share is the most important. Love that has no meaning anymore these days. cheesy grin grin cheesy

Reach an agreement with her to get preggy before anything.

With one ovary, assume that fertility is reduced by 50%. Because some women may only have a viable egg from one ovary every month. From 2 ovaries would increase chances that at least one ovary will produce a good egg per cycle/month. 2 ovaries will also increase chances of non-identical twins slightly too. Assuming there are a no other hidden fertility/hormonal issues.

It is not her fault but chances of PCOS affecting the other ovary is increased having had one before. So no delay with having babies if you both are serious.

Also, some ladies can lie for Africa. Ensure that all the problem is solved as she claims. Don't assume it is the whole truth. They can divulge 10% of the truth, so that later you can't accuse them of not telling you before marriage. Check it out with O & G.
Some of us have been there and don't say nobody warned you. I really don't want you to have such a sad experience.

I hope this doesn't come across as combative but I feel there's a lot of fear-mongering and disrespectful ideas being tossed around in this comment. For starters, I'm wondering how assuming the worst of your partner can ever be a backdrop to a healthy relationship. It's okay to be suspicious... when there's actual reasons to be suspicious!

You're also wrong to suggest that love must entail procreation rites. That's a common misconception I observe in this kind of topics. Love can absolutely include wanting a family, but I don't see why it has to be defined by that alone. Children, as wonderful as they are, cannot be taken as a replacement for a solid relationship between you and your partner. OP and his girl should engage and try to understand each other, and then they can approach parenthood (or not), hand in hand, on their own terms.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by stanvesco(m): 10:59am On Jun 21
Exceptional300:

Lol. She didn't likely have pcos. She had an ectopic pregnancy.

This is me just being non-medical and naughty

Get her pregnant before marrying her if you are worried.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by justlovesfarmin: 11:33am On Jun 21
Exceptional300:

LShouldn’t you be seeking advice from a Doctor? And not ignorant people on social media?
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Exceptional300: 12:33pm On Jun 21
JessicaRabbit:

I just have one question: do you believe your lady's reproductive health defines her worth as a potential partner?

As for sharing this information with your parents, I'd personally advise against it, at least not without her consent. Her health history is her personal information, and you have to respect that.
I really appreciate your comment, however I don’t like how you are somewhat trying to relegate the importance of being able to reproduce in a marriage. It’s so funny how y’all female folks try to turn the narrative to favor your gender. I am definitely 💯 100 percent sure if the tables were turn, and God forbid I was in a place I am unable to perform my obligations as a potential husband, y’all will advise your gender to exit the relationship. So please spare me that!
I have read every comment regarding this post and I kind of know my next line of action

1 Like

Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by casppyjay: 2:20pm On Jun 21
Just go to a pharmacy and get ovulation tests that you guys can do on a monthly basis and you will know if she can get pregnant or not. Alternatively you can go monthly to a doctor and a specific day of her cycle and get blood tests done that will tell you wether she ovulates or not
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by JessicaRabbit(f): 2:47pm On Jun 21
Exceptional300:
I really appreciate your comment, however I don’t like how you are somewhat trying to relegate the importance of being able to reproduce in a marriage. It’s so funny how y’all female folks try to turn the narrative to favor your gender. I am definitely 💯 100 percent sure if the tables were turn, and God forbid I was in a place I am unable to perform my obligations as a potential husband, y’all will advise your gender to exit the relationship. So please spare me that!
I have read every comment regarding this post and I kind of know my next line of action

You sound melodramatic here. Relationships aren't transactional contracts where we tally up reproductive points like some twisted fertility scoreboard. No, no. They're about mutual respect, emotional connection, and shared dreams. If your swimmers decide to take a vacation, it's unfortunate, but it doesn't diminish your worth as a human being. You think I'm relegating the importance of reproductive health in a marriage, and you couldn't be more wrong. I'm simply suggesting that a woman's worth extends beyond her uterus.
Re: PCOS: Should I Tell My Parents About It? by Blackdisciple(m): 11:35am On Jun 22
If she will give birth to one two three kids then is fine after that if there's any issues and can be removed like the other one then keep up and encourage her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths / COVID-19: Nigeria Imports Shipment Of Madagascar's Drugs For Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.