Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,953 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths (10277 Views)

We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths / Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Joey82(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2011
@guoono,

Gowon is an elderstateman, agentle man if u ask my opinion, he'll generally apologise since the war was prosecuted under him. But we will be lying to ourselves if we ever pretend that Gowon regrets the creation he labored hard to keep - Nigeria.

I dont want to delve into the history of the civi lwar but frankly speaking, there's no time ojukwu ever made a good deal with other tribes as to how to share the spoils when the war was over. In warfare as i know, a deal must always be on the table for whoever is going to support b/4 anyof such group can even think of supporting you.

What deal did ojukwu make with the southwest?
what deal did he make with the middle belters, south south who owns the vast resources which were going to be under his control if he'd suceeded.
How could any of these group support his (ojukwu's) war without any concrete deal on the table.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by jason123: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
Joey82:

@guoono,

Gowon is an elderstateman, agentle man if u ask my opinion, he'll generally apologise since the war was prosecuted under him. But we will be lying to ourselves if we ever pretend that Gowon regrets the creation he labored hard to keep - Nigeria.

I dont want to delve into the history of the civi lwar but frankly speaking, there's no time ojukwu ever made a good deal with other tribes as to how to share the spoils when the war was over. In warfare as i know, a deal must always be on the table for whoever is going to support b/4 anyof such group can even think of supporting you.

What deal did ojukwu make with the southwest?
what deal did he make with the middle belters, south south who owns the vast resources which were going to be under his control if he'd suceeded.
How could any of these group support his (ojukwu's) war without any concrete deal on the table.

Ezeokwu!!!! This is MY major problem with Ojukwu and the war! No deal with anyother ethnic group except some MWesterner Igbo. That was it.

Yet, other ethnic groups are being reminded everyday that they are traitors, Saboteurs and betrayers, for what?? What agreement did he have with anyone?
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by cantell(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2011
alj_harem:

No it is not caused by hausa or fulani but the state government of each individual states that have failed to address the issue of land space.

Jos case was the same thing
If there was a nobel prize for stupidity, you'd be bagging the prize for a decade!
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by nedu210(m): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2011
the last time i checked nigeria map middle belt ar still north central and so u ppl ar still northern arewas. grin  no need of denial cos its still part of u, and u hav 2 live with it no matter wat. Any way ur government ar on top of the situation
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by adamabdul: 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2011
NjaPrince:

Only a fanatic, a fool and a 100% infidel can think of an Arewa Islamic republic.
Foooool!
Just watch out mumu.We wil eliminate you all very soon.An igbo or yoruba muslim wil be more welcome than burukutu drinking berom.We wil be bonded by Islam and not ethnicity or region
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by aljharem3: 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
cantell:

If there was a nobel prize for stupidity, you'd be bagging the prize for a decade!

stop being dumb and tell me if I am wrong, nwanne angry
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by guonno: 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2011
@jason123. The SS SW AND MB SAW ALL THIS, BUT I WILL TELL U THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE GROUPS. The MB thought they would have the same right as the majority fulani/hausa, therefore saw no need to join biafra and fight for truth. The SS, u wouldn't blame them bc they were infants. The SW, U all know that they are cowards therefore they sabotaged me. Infact ibu Onye ala sef.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by nagoma(m): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
As foolish as these boys who went to the vanguard are , they seem wise enough to avoid saying they want to be southerners. Tarka's experience with the transient romance with Awo will keep them away for ever. In case of going eastwards , I don't even need to tell them. My brothers middlebelters ( former northerners) know that they would better have an alliace with a rattle snake than go with the ibos. Ask the idoma and the tivs!
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by realchange: 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
nagoma:

As foolish as these boys who went to the vanguard are , they seem wise enough to avoid saying they want to be southerners. Tarka's experience with the transient romance with Awo will keep them away for ever. In case of going eastwards , I don't even need to tell them. My brothers middlebelters ( former northerners) know that they would better have an alliace with a rattle snake than go with the ibos.Ask the idoma and the tivs!

what happened to them? Did Igbos kill them in thousands like they killed Igbos during the war?
who sent in soldiers to kill thousands of tivs in early 1960s -amadu belo
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by jason123: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
guonno:

@jason123. The SS SW AND MB SAW ALL THIS, BUT I WILL TELL U THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE GROUPS. The MB thought they would have the same right as the majority fulani/hausa, therefore saw no need to join biafra and fight for truth.The SS, u wouldn't blame the m bc they were infants. [/b]The SW, U all know that they are cowards therefore [b]they sabotaged me. Infact ibu Onye ala sef.

Can you expatiate the bolded

nagoma:

As foolish as these boys who went to the vanguard are , they seem wise enough to avoid saying they want to be southerners. Tarka's experience with the transient romance with Awo will keep them away for ever. In case of going eastwards , I don't even need to tell them. My brothers middlebelters ( former northerners) know that[b] they would better have an alliace with a rattle snake than go with the ibos.[/b] Ask the idoma and the tivs!

Please explain. . .
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by realchange: 12:04am On Dec 10, 2011
jason123:

Can you expatiate the bolded

Please explain. . .

he can't explain that because he was lying
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by bashr8: 12:19am On Dec 10, 2011
nagoma:

As foolish as these boys who went to the vanguard are , they seem wise enough to avoid saying they want to be southerners. Tarka's experience with the transient romance with Awo will keep them away for ever. In case of going eastwards , I don't even need to tell them. My brothers middlebelters ( former northerners) know that they would better have an alliace with a rattle snake than go with the ibos. Ask the idoma and the tivs!

yeah right am sure igbos have been invading the MB and killing their women and children , igbos have turned jos into blood bath town, igbos are killing benue people right now, death toll over 300 with over 5000 people displaced,oh no another guess igbos took their jihad to the middle belt before the europeans came and stopped us.grass chewing nama
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Yeske2(m): 12:27am On Dec 10, 2011
Speechless
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by redsquare(m): 3:48am On Dec 10, 2011
My candid advice to MB youths, ' Na lie, una must remain with the core north, it's too late to start disassociating urselves from the hausa/fulani after dinning with them for donkey years. To an average southerner, there is no difference between you fools and the abokis' Eediots!
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by austin2002: 4:17am On Dec 10, 2011
Well if these youths really meant business,they should start separation from they so- called nigeria. Evry educated being from the South and East should start now building the a demacartion from these parasites from the north.I say they start priinting the Biafran travel passport.Enough is enough.Wondering what the British and Russia doing by now? They are the ones that helped these cockroaches from the north to kill our people.The country was divied long time ago but yet our so call educated people just sit back abd prefer dying slowly by the systematic process the B
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by austin2002: 4:22am On Dec 10, 2011
Well if these youths really meant business,they should start separation from they so- called nigeria right now. Every educated being from the South and East should start now building the  demarcation from these parasites from the north.I say they start printing the Biafran travel passport.Enough is enough.Wondering what the British and Russia doing by now? They are the ones that helped these cockroaches from the north to kill our people.The country was divide long time ago but yet our so call educated people just sit back and prefer dying slowly by the systematic process the British set up to destroy all the south and east.Hell, We South and East are not Nigerians.Nigeria is a Hausa name afterall. These Catlee-rearers have no common sense yet they just don't get it.It's time the East and South rise up and claim our own nation.It's already started.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 10, 2011
bashr8:

yeah right am sure igbos have been invading the MB and killing their women and children , igbos have turned jos into blood bath town, igbos are killing benue people right now, death toll over 300 with over 5000 people displaced,oh no another guess igbos took their jihad to the middle belt before the europeans came and stopped us.[size=18pt]grass chewing nama[/size]

grin
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 10, 2011
@jason everybody knows your hatred for ojukwu. has no boundary
what are you even saying about these topic, tongue
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Martmore: 6:49am On Dec 10, 2011
Well my people from nsukka have always shared some stuffs in common with d igalas nd some idomas in terms of trade nd culture for decades.They i think i can align with.But for the tivs and beroms, i guess if they break away from the north, they are going to be one lone striker in nigeria.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by ChinenyeN(m): 7:16am On Dec 10, 2011
I'm sorry, but what is "Middle Belt"? Seems like every body is trying to dissociate now. As far as I'm concerned those people are northerners. No long story.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by PointB: 8:15am On Dec 10, 2011
Interesting thread. Nigeria has awaken. Tme to talk is now. Or we shall soon start shooting . . .
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Pecca: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2011
The quest for Self-determination requires BALLS: A lot of BALLS. This is something I dont see in the average middle-belter (acclaimed). But in my candid opinion, if nigeria hopes to continue together, then it is better to really aid any scheme that will cut the hausa/fulani down to size. The creation of a politically, geographically,religiously and otherwise independent middle- bettle area will be very healthy for nigeria. Sentiments aside. It is said that only four states make up the core north and it is good to put them in the know.like that the nation will be all the better for it.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Xmind1: 9:54am On Dec 10, 2011
Simple logic will help some of you who claim to be ignorant of the composition of Nigeria:
Is Nigeria divided in to North and South? No!
The civil war was it about the north and the south? No!
If Niger delta could carve an identity for themselves, why not middle belt.
The coup plot by Gideon Okah and the intended cutting-off of some northern states out if Nigeria indicates that the MB struggle has always been there.
The marginalization of the MB by the Core North indicates that the old Arewa no longer exist.
The case of kaduna north and kaduna south points to the same direction.
Would you consider David Mark, T. Danjuma, Jonah Jangling, Patrick Yakowa, Zamani Lekwot,Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku,Dumkat Bali, etc core northerners? Absolutely and obviously not.

The case the MB youth are trying to make is that whatever deal that brought us together as northerners has been broken.
We, just like the Niger delta believe that we have a unique identity different from that of the core north.

So call us names if you want. Both Gowon and OBJ fought against Biafra.and yet they are not all northerners. Just because Gowon was the head of state did not make him a core northerner.

When one is given birth to in aba, goes to school in aba and attends Abia state university and served in Enugu. That person can not claim he understands the complexity of the entity called Nigeria.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by PointB: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2011
Just one honest question here. Between the MB and Core North which is more marginalized?
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Ndkings1(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2011
After asistin d hausas in masacrin and brutalisin us @ the war?
They not serious
let the fulanis kip slaughtering them 4 all i care.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by namfav(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2011
you just want people in the mb to choose your side, the people in the mb will never go the way with ibos, they dont trust you, live with it

Nd kings:

They not serious
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by PointB: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2011
^^^^
Don't worry, the are old enough to know what they want.

Igbo prefer a nation of their own. That is very clear to everybody.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by nagoma(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2011
@Nd Kings

Biafra under Ojokwu  fought a war to secede from Nigeria .they did not succeed, period. It was not a northern or Hausa / Fulani war but a nigerian war against rebellion and secession.
Many posters for some reason believe that fulanis are killing the farmers in Benue. Not true. The truth is that fulanis are herdsmen and the tivs in Benue are farmers , the same thing obtains all over the north , the settler farmers are in constant dispute with the Fulani herdsmen in, kano, katsina, kaduna, plateau gombe, adamawa, Zamfara, Katsina and practically everywhere. The fulani cattle rearers provide the 3000 or so cattle slaughtered for food daily in our cities and villages ( lagos, Abuja, port harcourt, Enugu ,Ibadan , Aba, Jos, Maiduguri , ilorin, Calabar , warri and everywhere in the country) . They wander all over Nigeria searching for pasture for there animals. As the population pressure rises more land is used for farming. Fulani cattle inevitably keep wandering into farms and destroying crops. Farmers rightly react and fights and killings are the result. This is one of th signs of the absence of government in our country. One would have thought grazing  animals ( and we have millions of them) are a wealth of a nation to be harnessed developed used and even exported. A good government would borrow a leaf from other countries and provide grazing land by law for these herdsmen and their animals. They can even provide some pay back to the government thru cattle tax. These people as citizens may even have schools for their children who will one day become modern animal breeders with vet surgeons and all among them. Nigeria may be a net exporter of meat , milk and other animal products. Farmers will not have to go to war with cattle rearers. But we don't have such a government. The much hype of high level of education and civilization among our southern brothers has not been translated as good governance over the last 13 years. By all standards they are worse than the illiterate goro chewing northerners. The cattle rearers are not seen as an asset that requires development and modernizing but as objects of insults and derogatory refrences. Even though we love our meat , we don't care where it comes from.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by aljharem3: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2011
Nd kings:

They not serious

when was that ?
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Onlytruth(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2011
em. . oga nagoma
We are still waiting for you to bring the proof to the claim you made below:

Posted by: nagoma

I personally don't care much about any alliances with Middle-belt because I believe that Karma is still working. So please don't make a claim against us unless you have evidence to support your claims. The only rattle snakes I see are people who kill women and children for whatever reason.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by aletheia(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
nagoma:

Many posters for some reason believe that fulanis are killing the farmers in Benue. Not true. The truth is that fulanis are herdsmen and the tivs in Benue are farmers , the same thing obtains all over the north , the settler farmers are in constant dispute with the Fulani herdsmen in, kano, katsina, kaduna, plateau gombe, adamawa, Zamfara, Keats and practically everywhere.
^Firstly, quite a lot of people who post on NL are ignorant about history and the reality of Nigeria (especially the ethnic champions that abound here crying about Ojukwu etc). What you have written above is the reality on ground they chose to ignore in favor of their preferred fantasy of some sort of just desserts of a Hausa/Fulani versus MB conflict anytime they see headlines of Fulani Herdsmen clashing with farmers.

Secondly, this ignorance of history (no doubt attributable to poor education) comes to the fore where it concerns the identity of the Middle-Belt. The struggle for a separate Middle-Belt identity has always been there since before 1960. No doubt, the ethnic champions here do not know that in the First Republic, for example Zik's NCNC won significant numbers of votes in that region. Or that in the Second Republic, the governor of Plateau State was from NPP (Zik's party).

The struggle for a separate Middle-Belt region is as old as that of the Niger Delta for a separate identity but was scuttled by the British (see the Willink Commission Report) who were only interested in preserving Hausa/Fulani hegemony in post-indepence Nigeria.

The Middle-Belt youth speak for us. We the Middle-Belt people have waited 50 years for this day. And our time has come.
NORTHERN leaders, yesterday, met in Kaduna to seek solution to the crises of confidence among the various tribes in the zone, even as some notable traditional rulers in the North Central area and Middle Belt were conspicuously absent.

Apart from fromer Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, who is from Plateau State and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Sa’ad III who attended the peace conference, their contemporaries like General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, and His Highness, Asaph Zadok, Hama Bachama were absent.

Others who did not attend the well publicised event include, the Attah of Igala, Dr Aliyu Obaje; the Tor Tiv, Dr. Alfred Tokula; the Ochi of Idoma land, Chief Ageba Idu Elias, the Ponzi Tarok of Lantang Gen. Domkat Bali (rtd), and the Gwatyap of Kataf land, Engr. Harrison Bungwon

Other absentees were, Gbom Gwon Jos, Gyang Buba.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by nagoma(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
@onlytruth

Your immediate northern neighbors of the middle belt say so , and you have just said you don't trust them either. The tribal wars and disputes especially between the Egumale and the Ebonyi Igbos do not predict harmonious permanent close relationships.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APGA To Sue Fashola, Demands N20b damages / Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? / Ekiti: 7 Chairmen, 42 Councilors Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.