Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:46 AM

75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales (16456 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Suspected Female Terrorist Arrested In Maiduguri With Bomb In Food Flask / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by kokoA(m): 11:36am On Dec 11, 2011
Una wan kill d poor kobo girl for nothing, Take it easy naw. I don't think she meant it the way you guys are taking it. She was only trying to draw our attention to "arriving in Maiduguri", we all know Maiduguri is not the most peaceful place in Naija rigth now. If the news was "75 Nigerians from Lybia arrive in Kano (or Lagos, or Abuja, or Enugu, etc) with Harrowing tales", then Madam Kobo woudn't have said that.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2011
Those Nigerians returned with tales of how badly they were treated in Libya. The sad thing is, if they were told how bad Libya would be, and that they were better off remaining in Nigeria, they would curse the hell out of you, your family and even generations unborn. You'd be labelled an "enemy of progress", "bad belle" etc. They simply had to learn the hard way.

And I'm willing to bet a lot of readers here are planning to relocate to Libya, despite the sad tales these guys have come back with. In their minds, these 75 Nigerians messed up, didn't do things the right way etc. They feel with themselves, it'll be different, they'll do all the right things, and live happily ever after in Libya.

As for Kobojunkie, I can see where she's coming from.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by sniperwolf(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2011
They are welcome
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Czarskit(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2011
They wanna kill kobojunkie cheesy
They ignored the humor in her post, tongue
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by revlution: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
Pls Pls, I think there is an element of truth in what kobo-junkie wrote. Truth be told, pre- war Libya offered a reasonable amount of job opportunities to so many immigrants more than the so called Nigeria. People left the '' giant of Africa'' (we all know which of them) where they couldnt afford the barest neccesities of life and went to Libya for a better life, and believe me they were better off. Even at the climax of the recent Libyan conflict, Libya could afford to sell Perol at the price of 19 naira per liter while the ironically stable Nigeria was selling at 65 naira(government petrol stations) and still planning to remove fuel subsidy; to mention but a few.
Kobo junkie is not making a joke by her comments, shes only being realistic about the JOKE called Nigeria.

I strongly believe in the potentials of Nigeria but at the moment it is a failed nation,a chancre in the world of politics,religion and economics.

It is  true that it is a country that made me who i am today but sadly, its a country I NEVER wish to serve!!!

Best of luck to those who venture to ruffle it out there, its because they never had the opportunity to leave Nigeria in the first place otherwise they would have left a long time ago.

NIGERIA IS BRUTAL!!!
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2011
Bini and ibos fought for ghadaffi as mercenaries,i guess that is why the new libyan government is sending them out asap.Perhaps the arabs of the maghreb have always seen blacks are lesser humans.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by executinal(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Bini and ibos fought for ghadaffi as mercenaries,i guess that is why the new libyan government is sending them out asap.Perhaps the arabs of the maghreb have always seen blacks are lesser humans.
Grow up, stop all this your childish write up.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2011
executinal:

Grow up, stop all this your childish write up.
Funny Nlers always against the bitter truth.Guy i no send you o !
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by ak47mann(m): 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2011
cool
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by humblebee: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nchara:

Duh! With boko haram in the North and kidnapping and motor park thuggery in the south, Nigeria is as good/bad as Libya.

at least no war here! except you're praying for one
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2011
[size=30pt] cool good say nah that over-prided bini pple. i worked briefly in Benin in the early 2000's at the height of the ''slave migration'' to europe. been to Mali, chad, Niger and parts of Algeria and southern Libya (worked as a phuckin merc!) and culdnt help but wonder how a bunch of pple can be collectively desperate to have a life of servitude. Remember, blazing through the border of Mali and Niger in a stolen Toureg 4by4 and actually physically man-handling and bullying myself thro custom officials on both sides only to meet my fellow Bend-elites stranded in some spit bowl, beggin, stealing and phuckin their way to europe.I shuld have shot them then and there.[/size]
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cap28: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^

why dont you redirect your anger towards the nigerian govt who have caused these people to end up as beggars in other african countries ?

for the record i dont think you were a mercenary.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^

[size=20pt]
its really ok 2 nv me. i seen and done more suff than hollywood can stuff down your throat. is it becos am here postin in this weak site with your weak posts and pusshy threads? man-up and no am real cos if u culd swallow that santa claus bull u u shuld as a man no i exist as your worst phuckin nightmare. am in yobe rite now hopin to intercept a juicy consignment of former kadaffifi kronies and u know what? I get to keep the loot. Am your mordern day captain sparrow.[/size]
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Ramram: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2011
What is this world turning into.Save us Lord.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by thameamead(f): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2011
There are still hundreds of Nigerians languishing in Libyan jails, am happy for the ones that ARRIVED In Maiduguri but what about the ones stuck in prison?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2011
humblebee:

at least no war here! except you're praying for one

Do you know how many people have been blown to pieces in the north since April of this year? I am guessing you don't have family up there so you probably don't care much. So let me try this another way, since 1999, almost 20,000 people have lost their lives to senseless/sectarian violence in Nigeria. Do you really need to wait for an ACTUAL war to decide that this is unacceptable loss of lives ??

Those up north have been walking on shells, wondering if they are next to be blown to bits. So, I think there is a war up there, only it is not an outright one since we are still pretending it does not concern the rest of the country, and many don't even see the casualties as human beings.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by dustydee: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
I hope those bent on "traveling" to wheresoever will learn from this.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by dustydee: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
I hope those bent on "traveling" to wheresoever will learn from this.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^

why dont you redirect your anger towards the nigerian govt who have caused these people to end up as beggars in other african countries ?

for ur info:
left nigeria at the age of 16 after sellin my dad's prized ivory collection and emptyin my mom's jewellery collection. hooked up with my much older cousin in L.A. who happened o be the biggest weed dealer in the whole of the east side. can u imagine a black man in downtown east L.A. controlling shitte today? So I get my L.A. connection tight from the word go and sooner than later am in juvie, judge said it was either jail time for the next 8yrs after juvie or bootcamp. Loved bootcamp. got me in shape. Got out as my Cousin got locked up in Quentin and still there doing  LIFE! streets are hard, new playas and all. It was either jail or die trying. It wasnt mere dope no more, that mexican connection was in the mix now and the east side wasnt a place u want to find urself back then. So one day after closing my second job a marine recruit came over and gave me a pamphlet.  I jumped on the bus the next day to san diego. 1991 i missed the gulf war but ended up with active service in bosnia and somalia. Fastfoward to 1996 got kicked out after an MP stint op found out i was supplyin weed, coke and dope in Böblingen, Germany. you want more?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by nomorename(f): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2011
saddabm:

Hey guys what all the noise about Maiduguri is not wat U are imagining, now we are in peace for quite few weeks and I think non of you is residing in Maiduguri, and what kobojunkie is trying to say is they came from a trouble and they entered another trouble I think matodman understood what she is trying to say. Guys no hard feelings is just misunderstanding     

I actually feel sorry for you cry
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by mulumele(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
I hope they have been[b] tasted[/b] for HIV/AIDS

Did you mean 'tested'? Otherwise you will be the one to help 'taste' them all.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by thoth: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
After all this many Nigerians still believed Ghadaffi was a bad leader,if only they had known what he has fought against for more than 40 years.
While Ghadaffi was there those brutes wouldn't dare touch a black guy unlawfully. They all pray in the mosque together,go to same schools,bathhouse and resturants together,the bigots among can only dream.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Umarjob: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2011
Horrible. Not a good picture to behold.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2011
thoth:

After all this many Nigerians still believed Ghadaffi was a bad leader,if only they had known what he has fought against for more than 40 years.
While Ghadaffi was there those brutes wouldn't dare touch a black guy unlawfully. They all pray in the mosque together,go to same schools,bathhouse and resturants together,the bigots among can only dream.

Why did his people fought against him from the beginning if he was that good?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Builder: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
i wish to extend my warmth and sincere greetings to those that survive the civil war in Libya and back in maiduguri, and i pray that the good lord will help them settle down and give them the fortitude to deal with the lost of their lost ones.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Do you know how many people have been blown to pieces in the north since April of this year? I am guessing you don't have family up there so you probably don't care much. So let me try this another way, since 1999, almost 20,000 people have lost their lives to senseless/sectarian violence in Nigeria. Do you really need to wait for an ACTUAL war to decide that this is unacceptable loss of lives ??

Those up north have been walking on shells, wondering if they are next to be blown to bits. So, I think there is a war up there, only it is not an outright one since we are still pretending it does not concern the rest of the country, and many don't even see the casualties as human beings.

Absolutely concur !!!!
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by ak47mann(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

cool cool wise woman
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Lustig(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2011
hmmm
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by mulumele(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2011
Quote from: thoth on Today at 04:25:49 PM

Because his people are intolerant of injustice. If Nigerian leaders were half as good; people will not be thinking of revolution now.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cap28: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2011
justwise:

they didnt - those NTC/Al qaeda criminals were used by NATO to overthrow him.

over 3 million libyans demonstrated in defiance of NATO in July demanding NATO's withdrawal from their country, those criminals do not represent the libyan people:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTy5U0mJT8Y&feature=related[/flash]
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2011
That picture shows chocolate Africans probably some Nigerians in there. Chocolate Africans went through HELL but before the imperialist war choc Africans were having a good time there. These 75 Nigerians made it back and all kobojunkie has to say is ROFL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is disrespectuful. America is going to go through hell very soon, China, Russia, and Iran are not messing around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$4.3bn NLNG Train 7 Yet To Take Off, 8 Months Gone Already / We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF / President Buhari Assents To The Bill Amending The Deep Offshore Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.