Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales (16438 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Suspected Female Terrorist Arrested In Maiduguri With Bomb In Food Flask / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
cheikh:

Olodostein

@^^  grin I doubt it, if many people(NL) have heard of him either. He's certainly a great mind and thorn on the flesh of the "American 'WASP'/West establishment sad. There are not many like him anymore nowadays except his Jewish counterpart in Israel-(Finklestein)

I have myself heard of him . . . . universal grammar theory would not be where it is today if not for him. I am happy for his contributions in areas such as languages, science and philosophy. That aside, his opinions, on issues, are that, his opinions. That the man is a conspiracy theorist on the side does not change anything. That he has an eccentric side to him does not remove from his contributions to the sciences grin grin grin grin
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kobojunkie
I have myself heard of him . . . . universal grammar theory would not be where it is today if not for him. I am happy for his contributions in areas such as[b] languages, science and philosophy[/b]. That aside, his opinions, on issues, are that, his opinions.

@^^ You are very correct. Nevertheless his opinions are well grounded on "facts" which has come to pass, especially in relation to the "Media" who inadvertently have become part of the "problem" or negative propaganda machine of most governments just like our Naija media. I am not pro/anti this or that. A lot has happened during our life time as to make some of us to be very concerned and perhaps take another look at things through another prism. It's very easy to "whitewash" anybody with so called "conspiracy theory" brush, especially by some of our
"uninformed"/under/miseducated compatriots. I guess the Americas(north & south) are alike in the sense that information inflow is rather patchy and almost self censored albeit so called "free" press in the U.S.A. I find so much ignorance of the rest of the world far more pervasive in the Americas than anywhere else despite the self professed free press/media. I am not trying to denigrate anybody let alone accuse our people of "deliberately" being complicit to ignorance of the world beyond their residence/state. There's more about such a subject for another NL day/topic I hope. I like your open mindedness and tenacity despite your detractors winketc.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kobojunkie
I have myself heard of him . . . . universal grammar theory would not be where it is today if not for him. I am happy for his contributions in areas such as[b] languages, science and philosophy[/b]. That aside, his opinions, on issues, are that, his opinions.    

@^^ You are very correct. Nevertheless his opinions are well grounded on "facts" which has come to pass, especially in relation to the "Media" who inadvertently have become part of the "problem" or negative propaganda machine of most governments just like our Naija media. I am not pro/anti this or that. A lot has happened during our life time as to make some of us to be very concerned and perhaps take another look at things through another prism. It's very easy to "whitewash" anybody with so called "conspiracy theory" brush, especially by some of our
"uninformed"/under/miseducated compatriots. I guess the Americas(north & south) are alike in the sense that information inflow is rather patchy and almost self censored albeit so called "free" press in the U.S.A. I find so much ignorance of the rest of the world far more pervasive in the Americas than anywhere else despite the self professed free press/media. I am not trying to denigrate anybody let alone accuse our people of "deliberately" being complicit to ignorance of the world beyond their residence/state. There's more about such a subject for another NL day/topic I hope.  I like your open mindedness and tenacity despite your detractors winketc.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2011
cheikh:

Kobojunkie
@^^ You are very correct. Nevertheless his opinions are well grounded on "facts" which has come to pass, especially in relation to the "Media" who inadvertently have become part of the "problem" or negative propaganda machine of most governments just like our Naija media. I am not pro/anti this or that. A lot has happened during our life time as to make some of us to be very concerned and perhaps take another look at things through another prism.
I am going to use his Grammar theory to answer this one for you . # beeming with smiles here ### That Noam Chomsky's opinions are based on facts, does not then ensure that those opinions are factual . . . .  ROFL . The guy himself will likely agree with me on this.

I don't think this idea of the media being a part of the problem is new, nor was Noam Chomsky the reason for our knowing this. I mean it's been true from the time of the Romans, so let's not rush to give credit to the man for simply repeating what has been established at least a 1000 years.

cheikh:

It's very easy to "whitewash" anybody with so called "conspiracy theory" brush, especially by some of our "uninformed"/under/miseducated compatriots. I guess the Americas(north & south) are alike in the sense that information inflow is rather patchy and almost self censored albeit so called "free" press in the U.S.A. I find so much ignorance of the rest of the world far more pervasive in the Americas than anywhere else despite the self professed free press/media. I am not trying to denigrate anybody let alone accuse our people of "deliberately" being complicit to ignorance of the world beyond their residence/state. There's more about such a subject for another NL day/topic I hope.  I like your open mindedness and tenacity despite your detractors winketc.

I don't need to speak on behalf of America, or any nation, to recognize conspiracy theory when I hear one.So please let's leave the American, and the rest out of this, and come back to the issue at hand here.

You can pick facts from any thing -- out of thin air, or from that which exists around you, and then proceed to weave conspiracies out of those facts. That you started out with facts, does not make your output as solid as the input.  No whitewashing necessary when identifying conspiracy theories because, like Noam Chomsky's Grammary theory suggests, if the end output does not comply with the rules that govern the Grammar(inputted Facts) /context, then it cannot be considered a part of that Grammar. It is that simple!

It is very logical theory, and I applaud the him for it, but like I said, the man has his opinions, and he is allowed to have them. They do not need to comform to the rules, since that is what opinions are really.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
You people are so deluded by the mainstream media. The government shows you what they want and they lie all the time and you believe everything. LOL even AFETER preople prove they lied you still believe it. This goes to show how much you guys are slaves and you on't even know it. THe 4th branch of the government is controlling you.

Why did NATO attack Livbya?
Why are they going to Syria?
Why did Sudan split up, also who supplied the soldiers with weapons?
Why is there a holocaust going on in the Congo and the mainstream media isn't talking about it?
Why does the mainstream media portray Castro, Gaddaffi, Mugabe, and Chavez badly?
Why does the mainstream media portray Paul Kagame well?
Why did they go to Iraw and Afghanistan?
Why is America so rich while other countries are poor?
Why are there drones over Somalia and Yemen?
What is the point of the IMF, WOrld Bank, and WTO? WHat good have they done to the developing world?
How does Greece feel about the austerity measures? Or Argentina in 2001? Why doesn't America get them since there debt to GDP is like 100%?
Why does America spend more money on their military than all countries in the world combined?

You guys are so deluded by the media so they can control your views. America brings hell to this world so the American people can have a good standard of living. Now the economy isn't as good as it used to be but why? WAKE UP!!
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kobojunkie
Like I said, the man has his opinions, and he is allowed to have them. They do not need to comform to the rules, since that is what opinions are really.

@^^ Yeah you are right and he certainly was not the first to weave theories about the media and language either wink. I sincerely wish there were more women on the politics forum besides the usual 'tribal' tittle-tattle/tirades that animate our people. We are going nowhere in Naija if the women folk are excluded/overlooked by 'sexism'.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
cheikh:

Kobojunkie [/b]

@^^ Yeah you are right and he certainly was not the first to weave theories about the media and language either wink. I sincerely wish there were more women on the politics forum besides the usual 'tribal' tittle-tattle/tirades that animate our people. We are going nowhere in Naija if the women folk are excluded/overlooked by 'sexism'.
How do you define this? They said they were in Libya but they were in India:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTgmhJuJwno
Or how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XCJn1dIXw
Or this right here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXHICGSiE8

Open your eyes, I am not being sexist you people just need to wake up. Honestly you take everything on National TV like iti s real. Look how they were doing the SOmalian famine but this is a FACT that America has been overthrowing their government for like 20 years killing many people blocking food distribution and shooting Somalians using Drones. Look it up honestly, stop looking at CNN and BBC.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
Igbo2011
You people are so deluded by the mainstream media. The government shows you what they want and they lie all the time and you believe everything. LOL even AFETER preople prove they lied you still believe it. This goes to show how much you guys are slaves and you on't even know it.  THe 4th branch of the government is controlling you.

Why did NATO attack Livbya?
Why are they going to Syria?
Why did Sudan split up, also who supplied the soldiers with weapons?
Why is there a holocaust going on in the Congo and the mainstream media isn't talking about it?
Why does the mainstream media portray Castro, Gaddaffi, Mugabe,  and Chavez badly?
Why does the mainstream media portray Paul Kagame well?
Why did they go to Iraw and Afghanistan?
Why is America so rich while other countries are poor?
Why are there drones over Somalia and Yemen?
What is the point of the IMF, WOrld Bank, and WTO? WHat good have they done to the developing world?
How does Greece feel about the austerity measures? Or Argentina in 2001? Why doesn't America get them since there debt to GDP is like 100%?
Why does America spend more money on their military than all countries in the world combined?

You guys are so deluded by the media so they can control your views. America brings hell to this world so the American people can have a good standard of living. Now the economy isn't as good as it used to be but why? WAKE UP!!

@^^ Why are you so obsessed with the so called "mainstream media" what about your own "lazy" media in Naija? Could you concentrate on Africa alone and please explain further about the Sudan, Congo etc.?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011
@^^ Why are you so obsessed with the so called "mainstream media" what about your own "lazy" media in Naija? Could you concentrate on Africa alone and please explain further about the Sudan, Congo etc.?
Since 1996 or 97 there has been a HUGE war in eastern parts of Congo. More than 1000 people dying per day. CNN calls it a tribal war but it is NOT. Bill Clinton supplied Paul Kagame and Mussevini with weapons to supply their armies in order to invade and kill people in the Congo. People are getting raped, castrated, tortured, and killed men women and children. Everyone it is HELL!! Watch this video for more of the TRUTH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLV9szEu9Ag

Also watch videos by investigatie journalist like Kieth Harmon Snow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlPY2fWBUeU

Right now in the Sudan I am honestly not sure right now. But right now in the news Omar Bashir is trying to go to the ICC. But let me ask you, why only African leaders in the International Criminal Court? Why not Bus, Tony Blair, Cheney, Sarkozy? NO just people like Gbagbo who wanted to free himself from economic servitude to the French. Why did France's army attack civilians in order to pull him out? Watch this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6g03HItPQc&feature=related

Please open your eyes before its too late.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 12:19am On Dec 15, 2011
Igbo2011[/b]But let me ask you, [b]why only African leaders in the International Criminal Court? Why not Bus, Tony Blair, Cheney, Sarkozy? NO just people like Gbagbo who wanted to free himself from economic servitude to the French. Why did France's army attack civilians in order to pull him out? Watch this video :

@^^I guess with (all due respect to your intelligence) that you've just become aware of international politics /Power[/b]etc.

It's about [b]POWER
in its full glory and ugliness bro grin.
The question should be "what are we as Africans doing currently or in the not too distant future to assuage our Powerlessness and shame. We are easily susceptible to all manner of blandishment and lucre. We cannot always blame the West etc for our[b] lazy leadership[/b] and Followership. We are all complicit to our collective powerlessness(INERTIA). I guess you must've contributed more on banal "tribal topics" on NL than on edifying topics like "Economics" and "Politics" etc which may help empower you in some ways to[b] positive action[/b] against inertia/  status quo and indolence sad.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 12:31am On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011[/b]But let me ask you, [b]why only African leaders in the International Criminal Court? Why not Bus, Tony Blair, Cheney, Sarkozy? NO just people like Gbagbo who wanted to free himself from economic servitude to the French. Why did France's army attack civilians in order to pull him out? Watch this video :

@^^I guess with (all due respect to your intelligence) that you've just become aware of international politics /Power[/b]etc.

It's about [b]POWER
in its full glory and ugliness bro grin.
The question should be "what are we as Africans doing currently or in the not too distant future to assuage our Powerlessness and shame. We are easily susceptible to all manner of blandishment and lucre. We cannot always blame the West etc for our[b] lazy leadership[/b] and Followership. We are all complicit to our collective powerlessness(INERTIA). I guess you must've contributed more on banal "tribal topics" on NL than on edifying topics like "Economics" and "Politics" etc which may help empower you in some ways to[b] positive action[/b] against inertia/  status quo and indolence sad.
I am an Economist, I know economics and politics. I don't post about tribalism look at my past posts, they are mostly economic, politics, and international relations. I am also a historian and sociology. To understand the economy, you have to understand the history of things and the social issues because this affects the economy. The thing is many Africans and African Americans don't know their past GREAT history before the white man came. Our history did not start in chains and will not end in chains. If you look up the moors in Europe, chocolate Africans colonized Europeans from 711 to 1492. Most chocolate people don't know this.
[img]http://2.bp..com/_mX94yVHB_CI/R9W358e7dXI/AAAAAAAACqk/LqF5hrOSTkU/s400/african_musicians_Jose_Tapiro_y_Baro.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/_mX94yVHB_CI/R9FweMe7dQI/AAAAAAAACpw/rrgDNOEoBJ0/s400/Hombre+de+color01.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/_mX94yVHB_CI/R9FwmMe7dRI/AAAAAAAACp4/nRILnK6yvK8/s400/Hombre+de+color07.jpg[/img]
'

Most Africans and Africans in the diaspora don't know their true history. They see everyone else with their great history and they only have slavery, when we had SOO much more. Our lack of prior history is holding us back and also religion is holding us back. We take the white people's religion after they tried to destroy us. We also take it under their white Jesus. This makes us their mental slaves. It is like we are worshipping them even after they did hell to us. Once more people know this the Chocolate race can rise up!!
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 1:02am On Dec 15, 2011
Igbo2011
Most Africans and Africans in the diaspora don't know their true history. They see everyone else with their great history and they only have slavery, when we had SOO much more. Our lack of prior history is holding us back and also religion is holding us back. We take the white people's religion after they tried to destroy us. We also take it under their white Jesus. This makes us their mental slaves. It is like we are worshipping them even after they did hell to us. Once more people know this the Chocolate race can rise up!!

@^^^ I appreciate your exasperation. There is no need to post "pictures"/paintings of Moors etc on NL to impress me about your knowledge of African history either. It's your personal growth and nobody else.
Are we designing systems or making plans to get out of our sorry condition of POWERLESSNESS in Naija sad wink?.
I think that we should leave out our cousins in diaspora temporarily until we deal with our own internally generated problems. It's understandable that some of them would be ignorant of African history etc but are we any better on the continent especially Naija? Is there any coherent plan to enhance and enrich our educational experience(holistic) for national liberation or empowerment?. Certainly, none exists currently nor in the foreseeable future. We are not yet a nation, hence we do not have a nationalistic/patriotic outlook to urgent national problems. We can't even have simple conversation without recrimination, name calling or shouting down each other as if that gets us anywhere. We'll remain powerless as long as we continue in our usual inertia, slack and thoughtless ways wink.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Dec 15, 2011
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by velo10: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2011
@Igbo2011, keep it up. I'm really enjoying your contributions. When one stares at early world history, it's definitely a thing of pride to be of the Negro race.

@Kobojunkie, keep supporting the westerners. I wonder where that would get you. You label conspiracy theorists out of people who tell the underlying reasons behind wars fought in selfish interest. I really wish you were in Libya to witness the fate of most of the black population in Tawegha, which was massacred.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/10/30/libya-militias-terrorizing-residents-loyalist-town
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011
@^^^ I appreciate your exasperation. There is no need to post "pictures"/paintings of Moors etc on NL to impress me about your knowledge of African history either. It's your personal growth and nobody else.
Are we designing systems or making plans to get out of our sorry condition of POWERLESSNESS in Naija sad wink?.
I think that we should leave out our cousins in diaspora temporarily until we deal with our own internally generated problems. It's understandable that some of them would be ignorant of African history etc but are we any better on the continent especially Naija? Is there any coherent plan to enhance and enrich our educational experience(holistic) for national liberation or empowerment?. Certainly, none exists currently nor in the foreseeable future. We are not yet a nation, hence we do not have a nationalistic/patriotic outlook to urgent national problems. We can't even have simple conversation without recrimination, name calling or shouting down each other as if that gets us anywhere. We'll remain powerless as long as we continue in our usual inertia, slack and thoughtless ways wink.
People don't know their past history and they only think that they were slaves. then hthey hav all these slaves movies but never have movies of great negro civilization like Egypt (The Mummy painted them white) or the Moors empire, or Songhai, Ethiopia, Benin etc. Nollywood needs to make movies like that about the greaat culture before coloniztion. When African americans learn about white people history in school they learn about their great histroy and they see that they have nothing. Chocolate peple from around the world must know their TRUE history in order to make i t to the future. Chinese, Indians, middle eastern etc all know their history so they can go to the future. Our history is hidden.

velo10:

@Igbo2011, keep it up. I'm really enjoying your contributions. When one stares at early world history, it's definitely a thing of pride to be of the Negro race.

@Kobojunkie, keep supporting the westerners. I wonder where that would get you. You label conspiracy theorists out of people who tell the underlying reasons behind wars fought in selfish interest. I really wish you were in Libya to witness the fate of most of the black population in Tawegha, which was massacred.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/10/30/libya-militias-terrorizing-residents-loyalist-town
Thank you, you are righ t about Kobojunkie she is delusional.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
Igbo2011[quote]
People don't know their past history and they only think that they were slaves. then hthey hav all these slaves movies but never have movies of great negro civilization like  Egypt (The Mummy painted them white) or the Moors empire, or Songhai, Ethiopia, Benin etc. Nollywood needs to make movies like that about the greaat culture before coloniztion. When African americans learn about white people history in school they learn about their great histroy and they see that they have nothing. Chocolate peple from around the world must know their TRUE history in order to make i t to the future. Chinese, Indians, middle eastern etc all know their history so they can go to the future.  Our history is hidden.[
quote][/quote]

@^^^ Please leave our cousins in diaspora/the so called New World alone shocked. They are not coming to save/liberate you from yourself/bondage etc  wink sad. You have to do it yourself and let them slip in happily(home coming) grin.

Nollywood should be applauded for their efforts so far in raising our collective awareness of who we are as a people etc. It's a free market place, so you can get in and help make such movies that you wish/like them to make. I love Nollywood warts and all  wink grin.

Our history is not exactly hidden from us as a people. Our emphasis has not always been what it should be, like other cultures/civilisations you correctly identified/mentioned. You should be reviewing your own "education" and your national educational policy- (system, structure and process) otherwise we would not be having this conversation about the paucity of our collective African history(Nigeria) especially. We have a lot of unfinished business within our so called countries(Africa) so I'll sincerely wish that you leave AAs out of this discourse. Our conversation have digressed from the original topic and silly outrage over Kobojunkie injecting some humour to our humourless/sad NLs. Have a good day and think about Naija. We have enough 'issues' to grapple with to last us a life time than the "West", East and Arabs grin wink.

@
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
@cheikh
If Africans in the diaspora get empowered an stronger than they can ome back to the motherland and bring Africa up as well. Some African Americans are going back to Africa to live there and make it a better place. We need to RISE UP GLOBALLY!!!

Ask yourself why is it the Africans are the most hospitable people but are most discriminated everyhwere in the world?
Why do Africans have the richest history but are the most ignorant?
We must WAKE UP GLOBALLY!!! DEMAND OUR RESPECT!!
http://www.endingstereotypes.org/african_history.html
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
Igbo2011
Ask yourself why is it the Africans are the most hospitable people but are most discriminated everyhwere in the world?
Why do Africans have the richest history but are the most ignorant?
We must WAKE UP GLOBALLY!!! DEMAND OUR RESPECT!!

@^^^ grin. Well, you'll be discriminated against rightly so, if African so called leaders loot and transfer their national wealth offshore, Inflict untold pain and savagery on citizens, send their children/wards offshore and locally they are schooled in foreign owned establishments like the American international school(Abuja) where even our President's children go to school for so called education, solicit for endless 'AID' while their loot of national resources are in foreign banks and properties abroad. Most young men and women want to run away because home is not exactly what it should be like as seen in foreign movies,hence some compatriots trek across the desert or try to cross vast oceans by dug out canoe. Is that not desperation and suicidal? Does that make sense to you? You have to respect yourself first before others can respect and treat you with some deference/acknowledge your being in existence at all. Everybody wants to associate with success/winners and POWER. Africa is presently seen as Powerless and Africans themselves believe it too by our collective Fatalism hence Libya happened successfully under our nose and in our lifetime.

Africans may "have rich history but most are ignorant" as you put it succinctly. I wonder how you arrived at such conclusion. Are you speaking of those you know, Naija or yourself?

The world is not a cheap sweet shop nor Africa an under educated boisterous young man seeking attention either. Respect is EARNED grin. It's not handed out freely, like cheap sweets to undeserving little children. Even kids earn rewards/respect if they behave or do right for self and family/nation etc.
My friend I am rather tired with this banter/conversation.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2011

Now you see why labeling CONSPIRACY THEORY a disease, isn't such a bad idea. And yes, even the brilliant can catch that. ROFL
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011
The world is not a cheap sweet shop nor Africa an under educated boisterous young man seeking attention either. Respect is EARNED grin. It's not handed out freely, like cheap sweets to undeserving little children. Even kids earn rewards/respect if they behave or do right for self and family/nation etc.
My friend I am rather tired with this banter/conversation.
I agree with you to some sort.  when I mean respect I mean no prejudice. When Africans go to other countries then people disrespect them. Arabs or Asians are more respected than we are. This is where erupts violence. When people are not respected then violence ocurs. his just causes more problems. The medcia doesn't help either. The media just portrays African and chocolae peole in general bad (wetern media).

When i say ignorant, I mean many African people don't know their true history.Ignorant about their great history.

But I agree with how African leave. All the money from their countries go to other countries. So they might as well follow them. Hopefully I can make Nigeria a better place in the future so people can come back home and live.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
Kobojunkie
Now you see why labeling CONSPIRACY THEORY a disease, isn't such a bad idea. And yes, even the brilliant can catch that. ROFL

@^^ Yeah you are right grin wink. I guess it's a form of neurosis sad.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Kobojunkie

@^^ Yeah you are right grin wink. I guess it's a form of neurosis sad.
Is it a coinicdence that Mosedegh, Allend,ae, Lumumba, Chavez, Castro, Morales, Correa, Sankara, Kabila (2001), Nkrumah, Gaddaffi (pan Africanists)? All of them didn't want their country to be exploited and look what happened to them. Is that a coincidence? Then people who let their countries get raped by foreign companies are supported by the USA.

[img]http://africasacountry.files./2009/08/reagan-mobutu.jpg?w=500&h=376[/img]

[img]http://thewe.cc/thewe_/images_5/---/illuminati-strategy-/paul-kagame-bill-clinton.jpe[/img]
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
Igbo2011
Is it a coinicdence that Mosedegh, Allend,ae, Lumumba, Chavez, Castro, Morales, Correa, Sankara, Kabila (2001), Nkrumah, Gaddaffi (pan Africanists)? All of them didn't want their country to be exploited and look what happened to them. Is that a coincidence? Then people who let their countries get violated by foreign companies are supported by the USA.

@^^ America(U.S.A.) have a right to do what is right for their own National Interest. That's what a true "Nation" does for her people/interest. It's for the Africans to do the right thing for self and protect/defend their own shikena! grin wink. Like I said in my earlier post, Power [/b]and [b]Respect does not just happen wily-nily. We are lazy, disorganised and criminally minded like most of our power mongers in our midst are. You become susceptible and can be bought and sold like slaves of old for lucre and cheap propaganda(blandishment). Please stop blaming others for your own incapacity, inherent weakness and outright home grown wickedness sad.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011
@^^ America(U.S.A.) have a right to do what is right for their own National Interest. That's what a true "Nation" does for her people/interest. It's for the Africans to do the right thing for self and protect/defend their own shikena! grin wink. Like I said in my earlier post, Power [/b]and [b]Respect does not just happen wily-nily. We are lazy, disorganised and criminally minded like most of our power mongers in our midst are. You become susceptible and can be bought and sold like slaves of old for lucre and cheap propaganda(blandishment). Please stop blaming others for your own incapacity, inherent weakness and outright home grown wickedness sad.
Look what NATo did to Libya. if Buhari was presdient then NATO might have done the same thing to nigeria. Nobody can really beat NATO besides the countries with nukes (China, Russia, Iran, North Korea). Africa is the most demilitarized region in the world. We don't make our own jets, guns, etc. We get them from foriegn powers.

The problem with corruption is that the politicans invest their money into Generator importing companies? DAMN atleast produce the generators in Nigeria. If those politicans invested their money into weapons manufacturing copanies then atleast people whuld get jobs. We should be making our own jets, guns, etc. America gives Blackwater, BAE systems, and all those countries HELLA money for war. Nigeria gives their money to import? That is where the problem is.

REVOLUTION COMING VERY SOON TO NIGERIA!!!
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nadanbata: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Igbo2011

leave these olodos o.

Its the "illiterate Hausa/Fulani" man + his cows that is the source of naijas woes as they like to say tongue

All they do is talk and assume without understanding anything,
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011

Don't waste your time with that man, help him get his head checked if you care that much.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cap28: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
cheikh:

Igbo2011

Cheikh, how are you?

i think you should listen to igbo2011. he is a very knowledgeable guy and he's presented a lot of facts on here.

You say america has a right to do what is right for their own national interest? hmm are you sure about that? even if it means being responsible for the deaths of over 6 million people in the Congo?

even if it means dropping over 100 missiles in one week on a nation of 6 million people without provocation?

even it means arming and training a mass murderer who went on to pepetrate atrocities on his own people (charles taylor)

i could go on and on ,

the thing about it is that the american people dont directly benefit from their govts ra.pe and pillage of weaker nations - its the shareholders and directors of the multinational corporations who reap huge profits in massive bonuses and dividends. the aim of american and european imperialism is to gain control of all of the world's natural resources in order to enrich the multinationals and their corrupt cronies not the people of their countries.

the majority of americans and europeans are ignorant and have no idea what their govts are doing in their name - some of the ones who do know dont give a damn unless they are directly affected. only a tiny minority know and care enough to want to change things.

but all that is changing as their govts are going to start treating them the way they have been treating africans for so long. very soon americans and europeans will have to downgrade their standard of living and start experiencing structural adjustment programmes and other austerity measures that africans have been subjected to for over 3 decades.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Beaf: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
Crap 28.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 1:48am On Dec 16, 2011
Nadanbata:

@Igbo2011

leave these olodos o.

Its the "illiterate Hausa/Fulani" man + his cows that is the source of naijas woes as they like to say tongue

All they do is talk and assume without understanding anything,
lol true

@Cap28
America and Europe will go through riots and HELL when the austerity measures happen. Those SAPs happened to Nigeria and we are still affected from it. If we never had it Nigeria would be a lot stronger than it is now.

The west spends too much money on military, if Africa had the same standard of living like Europe then extracting raw materials would cost ALOT more and prices would go up for many products. This is the reason why the west will do everything to keep Africa poor. If peoplee get too rich then the west cannot live the life they do. Africa's hard work is the reason why the west is so rih. From medieval times until today.

I wonder what China will do, will they let Africa develop or do what the west did and still do.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nadanbata: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2011
@Igbo2011

Correct. But you must realise one thing over 70% of these west people have nuttin really o. They themselves are like robot o. Its the 'cooperations@ that run things. Why do they like free trade? Becuase they manufacture for cheap and sell you x100 price. You in the west buy on finance lol.

smh.

The bills and prepration for austerity by the west govt are being made o. London cameras eevry corner. Soo miltary on streets for olympic which probably wont leave after that etc etc.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
Nadanbata:

@Igbo2011

Correct. But you must realise one thing over 70% of these west people have nuttin really o. They themselves are like robot o. Its the 'cooperations@ that run things. Why do they like free trade? Becuase they manufacture for cheap and sell you x100 price. You in the west buy on finance lol.

smh.

The bills and prepration for austerity by the west govt are being made o. London cameras eevry corner. Soo miltary on streets for olympic which probably wont leave after that etc etc.
Lol it will be CRAZY. People always say that Africans are poor but if you are a person who has a big house car and good job but you have huge mortgage loan, huge car loan, and student debts. Is he/she rich? Or a person in Africa with a small house no car and an alright job but he/she owes nothing. Who is rich and who is poor?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cheikh: 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
Cap28
the majority of americans and europeans  are[b] ignorant[/b] and have no idea what their govts are doing in their name - some of the ones who do know dont give a damn unless they are directly affected. [/b]only a tiny minority know and care enough to want to change things.

@^^ How are you Bro?
Well, I'm fully aware of [b]Igbo2011
knowledge etc but I am only trying to make him "ease off the gas pedal" of blaming or  pointing fingers at AAs, West etc whereas our own inherent and deliberate concocted problems by us are overlooked. Much of his thoughts are ok and understandable by any sane person but I'll rather we concentrated on our backyard(Naija) because we do have a lot of unfinished business. Too much energy is being wasted unwittingly by "Bright" young men and women obsessed and focusing on the "West" and the rest beyond our shores. We do understand very well the intentions of the West and the Rest I hope grin, nevertheless, let us try as much as possible to turn our attention a little bit to our backyard, otherwise a few persons have hijacked our collective patrimony/ sold us dummies sad.

The tragedy of the Congo is its abundant natural resources/wealth. It's sad that we have allowed ourselves to be bought for a few lucre, hence it's easy to engender endless violence/massacre in Central Africa and the DRC since so called independence. It's very easy to blame the foreigners and  the so called "victims". Us Africans should be able and man enough to accept our own "complicity" to the tragedy in our backyard. Believe me, I've witnessed a lot of such tragedies from Nigeria to the DRC and the end is not anywhere near to abating. I happen to personally know some key players in the DRC and truthfully the end of the suffering is not in sight. They are truly confused and lost just like us(Naija). The Mobutu doctrine of "you are free to loot or appropriate the national wealth if you can" runs very deep in their psyche. In such an environment of anything goes or is for sale, it doesn't take much persuading to do the wrong thing. It's not different from Naija, other than most Nigerians have this gross [/b]impression/[b]attitude and deliberate amnesia of their own enormous problems/wretchedness. Despite the war in the DRC the people actually feel safe and normal than the average Nigerian anywhere in the south of the country. Armed robbery and terror is very rare outside of the war zones in the East.
I am more concerned about what we do to ourselves and our people. The spurious assumption that Africans are the most hospitable on the planet can be challenged but I'll leave that for another day grin.
My brother, there's so much wickedness amongst us that sometimes I wonder why our people bother to go to their various places of worship(Christians/Muslims) and shout God this and Allah that endlessly shocked. The West does not make any pretences about their intentions and interests "illegal" or not. What are our goals, intentions and plans to rectify our parlous situation as a people?.  With the kind of Leadership and Followership in Africa(Naija), lacking in self belief and positive consciousness to do the right thing, our susceptibility to all manner of blandishment and lucre is fait accompli sad. We cannot wholly blame the West for our internal subjugation and "lootocracy". Every 'nation' has the right to do right or wrong within the context of their national interest. It is for us to build our own systems and power to do right for our people. No shaking grin. Iran is on the right tract to building a cohesive nation possibly backed up appropriately militarily/weapons. That's what 'Unclad' Power is about not us whining endlessly. We do not have a nation we can proudly speak of because we are not a "Nation" yet. When we become a nation with all the necessary accoutrements then we can expect Respect and proper Recognition. Presently, we cannot actually protect and defend our people internally let alone externally. It isn't because of lack of capacity but outright wickedness, insensitivity, laziness and ignorance of what a nation to be, should be doing even on the domestic/local level. We are truly confused and not ready to build a Nation out of the cobbled up place called Nigeria.
Yes most people of the "West" are 'ignorant', 'apathetic' about the activities of their government and some who know do not give a damn either.
Well, is that really our concern wink?. They can afford the luxury of being ignorant and apathetic grin. Those who care so much, the insignificant minority can also afford to indulge in public display of their outrage towards the authorities. Believe me, I do not care about their emotions etc. Those disparate emotions and attitudes are expected from citizens of "well fed", Powerful and stable societies. We should be concerned about Naija and the rest of Africa. Charity begins from home grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s AU Anti-corruption Honour, Africa’s Joke Of The Year – PDP / New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC / Atiku Abubakar Receives Signed Copy Of ‘A Poet Who Died By His Poem’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.