Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,415 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1673030 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (2265) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Na true. So as KD and Curry are on now why are Cavs still hitting all their shots?

Don't fall for pseudoanalysts and their voodoo analysis. Cavs shot the ball incredibly today. Bring them back here tomorrow and give them same shots, they would miss all.

The nerves of going 16-0 got to us today. Now that it is out of the way we can play freer on Monday.

Curry cannot play off the ball. Kerr should stop trying it out. It did not work in game 7 last year and it did not work today.
because the lead grew back. You cut the lead back into single digit and as a coach you don't bring in your two best players? in an nba finals? The potential last game of the ear? lmao bruh, don't even try to defend this foolishness.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:02am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Na true. So as KD and Curry are on now why are Cavs still hitting all their shots?

Don't fall for pseudoanalysts and their voodoo analysis. Cavs shot the ball incredibly today. Bring them back here tomorrow and give them same shots, they would miss all.

The nerves of going 16-0 got to us today. Now that it is out of the way we can play freer on Monday.

Curry cannot play off the ball. Kerr should stop trying it out. It did not work in game 7 last year and it did not work today.
I did agree they shot well. We should've stopped the rhythm after the half.

Back to 3-1..
Warriors in 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:07am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
because the lead grew back. You cut the lead back into single digit and as a coach you don't bring in your two best players? lmao bruh, don't even try to defend this foolishness.

Since that idea jumps off the top of everybody's head, it probably is not the right call. The 2 best players had played longer mins than previously plus you are speculating whether it is your bench that might get you off the hump. It is coaching. If it works today he should get the credit since nobody ever gives him credit for anything.

All I know is, Cavs shot the ball really well today and GSW did not - especially from 3. Whether Curry played off the ball could have been an issue too if he hit the wide open 3s he had and he did not. I have zeroed it down to nerves. Any other talk is just hoopla.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 10, 2017
Lol the best coach in the game and he can't draw plays to free up curry with all those shooters around? Nah fam. Terrible
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Great game as you can see their 3's. No excuses! #BelieveLand #3-1sequel

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Since that idea jumps off the top of everybody's head, it probably is not the right call. The 2 best players had played longer mins than previously plus you are speculating whether it is your bench that might get you off the hump. It is coaching. If it works today he should get the credit since nobody ever gives him credit for anything.

All I know is, Cavs shot the ball really well today and GSW did not - especially from 3. Whether Curry played off the ball could have been an issue too if he hit the wide open 3s he had and he did not. I have zeroed it down to nerves. Any other talk is just hoopla.
Lol hoopla? My guy we are not giving him credit for stupid decisions like this.

You are losing by that large margin, and you cut it down to 9, at least bring in KD who had it going. I am not a coach though, so you are right, but I could count about 10 other coaches who would do that right away. You have two great players and you leave them on the bench after cutting the lead to 9? Like I said, he deserves to lose the whole series for that.

You cut the lead to 12 or 13, and LeBron was back in the game right away. Why the hell can't your coach bring in at least one of his best player after cutting it down to 9?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
wetin he do? i don off game
I don't remember again oh. Amber Rose ti da mi lori ru
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 10, 2017
A coach like Rick carlirse with this game would sweep this team three time in a row.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
Lol hoopla? My guy we are not giving him credit for stupid decisions like this.

You are losing by that large margin, and you cut it down to 9, at least bring in KD who had it going. I am not a coach though, so you are right, but I could count about 10 other coaches who would do that right away. You have two great players and you leave them on the bench after cutting the lead to 9? Like I said, he deserves to lose the whole series for that.

You cut the lead to 12 or 13, and LeBron was back in the game right away. Why the hell can't your coach bring in at least one of his best player after cutting it down to 9?

Lue brings Bron back and what immediate impact does he have? Nothing. They miss a shot it bounces of the rim and Kyrie gets a second chance to hit a 3. He hits it. GSW set up another possession and after moving the ball left to right, Green is open for a 3 and he misses. LBJ gets the rebound.

The synopsis? Cavs hit their shots GSW did not.

He cut the lead to 9 without the Stars so he should surmise that bringing them back will help him any further? What about today gives you that inkling?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
A coach like Rick carlirse with this game would sweep this team three time in a row.

Everything is sweet in hindsight. Carlise was not Dallas Coach when they lost to GSW as top seeds?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Everything is sweet in hindsight. Carlise was not Dallas Coach when they lost to GSW as top seeds?
no he wasn't, Avery Johnson was coach. Rick carlirse wouldn't lose a 3-1 lead to these cavs. He certainly would sweep bron with 4 hall of famers.

Without KD, you are losing this finals. I don't know what to attribute it to, if not bad coaching. The players are apparently great, it's just something.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:32am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
no he wasn't, Avery Johnson was coach. Rick carlirse wouldn't lose a 3-1 lead to these cavs. He certainly would sweep bron with 4 hall of famers.

Without KD, you are losing this finals. I don't know what to attribute it to, if not bad coaching. The players are apparently great, it's just something.

I told you. I would be the best basketball player ever if I hit all my shots. That is how sweet revisionist talk is. Good one on Avery. I am sure Rick got swept by an OKC team he had just beat 4-1 the previous year. I can bring out a lot of his genius moments to show you why I don't like talking in hindsight.

Without KD we are losing the finals? Why he had 35 today. That should have made it a close game right? No. We lost by 21.

Cavs averaged 16 3s per game on a good shooting day. They had 24 today. 8 more than they normally would and they won by 21. The maths is easy. They shot the ball well. Period.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Lue brings Bron back and what immediate impact does he have? Nothing. They miss a shot it bounces of the rim and Kyrie gets a second chance to hit a 3. He hits it. GSW set up another possession and after moving the ball left to right, Green is open for a 3 and he misses. LBJ gets the rebound.

The synopsis? Cavs hit their shots GSW did not.

He cut the lead to 9 without the Stars so he should surmise that bringing them back will help him any further? What about today gives you that inkling?
what immediate impact did he have? My man, have you seen the box score?

My man, all these oyinbo, my English is very basic. All I know is, if your team is losing, your bench is there to do one thing, cut into the lead. Once they cut into the lead, you bring in your best player.

Now you have two great great players, and you couldn't bring just one? My guy.... I no get you o.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

I told you. I would be the best basketball player ever if I hit all my shots. That is how sweet revisionist talk is. Good one on Avery. I am sure Rick got swept by an OKC team he had just beat 4-1 the previous year. I can bring out a lot of his genius moments to show you why I don't like talking in hindsight.

Without KD we are losing the finals? Why he had 35 today. That should have made it a close game right? No. We lost by 21.

Cavs averaged 16 3s per game on a good shooting day. They had 24 today. 8 more than they normally would and they won by 21. The maths is easy. They shot the ball well. Period.
lmao, the fact that that team made it to the Playoffs is a miracle. You lose all your pieces from a championship year. With an old Dirk, and still made the playoffs. My guy don't even put Kerr and carlirse in the same Convo.

You cut the game to 9 points and you can't bring in KD to handle the ball just to slow it for at least two possessions? Lol ok

And yes, without KD, you are going to lose the finals, don't make it seem like it didn't happen last year, and the year before, two of their best players were injured.

This year that you have KD, you can't even sweep LeBron.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
what immediate impact did he have? My man, have you seen the box score?

My man, all these oyinbo, my English is very basic. All I know is, if your team is losing, your bench is there to do one thing, cut into the lead. Once they cut into the lead, you bring in your best player.

Now you have two great great players, and you couldn't bring just one? My guy.... I no get you o.

I am not asking if LBJ played well but the impact he had when GSW made that run and Lue brought him back. The answer is nothing. Kyrie would hit those 3s he hit without Bron simply because today was a hot shooting night for the Cavs.

The bench was not setup to cut into the lead. It was more like to keep the score the same till the starters got their legs. I am a GSW fan and even I was surprised we cut the lead to 9.

Sure, anyone would have panicked and brought on the starters immediately but some others might try to see it out a bit to see if the bench can pull it any closer.

I am not making drastic analysis over 1 streaky game by the Cavs. I still have bad refereeing and a bad shooting night for Curry to factor into today. Coupled with 5 techs for my team and 2 fouls for all my starters in almost the first Q.

Cavs balled. I give them credit and let it rest.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Imagine 20,000 people chanting "SmooshCHN Sucks", and the refs calling cheap fouls and technical that you don't deserve (even the commentators were shook).. And the world expect you shut up and take it. Tolerate the Bullshit they said!!. They bullied his mother Game 3 and security had to show up. "shut the hell up", "You brought it on yourself" they said.
And we out here tolerating those nonsense cos we're texting from the comfort of our beds.

#DefendTheSweep
Warriors in 5
https://instagram.com/p/BVJTs1FBaod/

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 10, 2017
I have watched Brad Stevens when IT is struggling, and that man draws up ridiculous play for IT just to free him up and get him going, and Boston don't even have half of the shooters y'all have.

Your coach can't do that for curry at least twice in the game just to get him going? And what is it with trying to turn him into only Reggie Miller Abi the guy no sabi point guard again?

His weird rotations too, and also leaving out two key players after cutting that lead down to 9.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:47am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
lmao, the fact that that team made it to the Playoffs is a miracle. You lose all your pieces from a championship year. With an old Dirk, and still made the playoffs. My guy don't even put Kerr and carlirse in the same Convo.

You cut the game to 9 points and you can't bring in KD to handle the ball just to slow it for at least two possessions? Lol ok

And yes, without KD, you are going to lose the finals, don't make it seem like it didn't happen last year, and the year before, two of their best players were injured.

This year that you have KD, you can't even sweep LeBron.

No offense but this is mumbo jumbo. If I did not know you better I would have felt you were taking this L worse than GSW fans.

Was KD not in the OKC team we beat abi was it another person? Did he help us go 3-1 against this same Cavs?

You lose pieces and Dirk was old but Curry was not injured, Green was not suspended, Barnes did not play crap? You can't have it both ways. Hold your horses.

2 of their best players were injured? LOL they lost game 1 with Kyrie (2015) and barely played Love last year until game 7. Even at that, he had limited minutes. They won because they won. Any other spin to it we have to call butthurtism.

I would leave Carlisle and Kerr arguments for posterity.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
I have watched Brad Stevens when IT is struggling, and that man draws up ridiculous play for IT just to free him up and get him going, and Boston don't even have half of the shooters y'all have.

Your coach can't do that for curry at least twice in the game just to get him going? And what is it with trying to turn him into only Reggie Miller Abi the guy no sabi point guard again?

His weird rotations too, and also leaving out two key players after cutting that lead down to 9.

LOL. Brad Stevens.

Coach can't do what for Curry? The Curry that was smudged between Love and JR and the refs called good D? The Curry that bricked 3 wide open 3s today and lost his confidence?

I am the number 1 Curry Stan here and I saw him clang shots even before the game. For some reason he did not shoot well today especially from 3. Even KD and Klay were off from 3. It is one of those things. I am not fretting.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:52am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:

I think it's too much just for one rotation. Kerr didn't do the normal thing and it seems wrong. I was also pissed to be honest. I thought he should've brought in KD and or Curry.. But the Cavs were unfortunately too hot today. Kerr brought it to series 3-0 and made one silly mistake. Let it slide. They would've won anyways.

We don't deserve to lose the series. You just dey vex for us. The worst it 4-2. But Warriors in 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

No offense but this is mumbo jumbo. If I did not know you better I would have felt you were taking this L worse than GSW fans.

Was KD not in the OKC team we beat abi was it another person? Did he help us go 3-1 against this same Cavs?

You lose pieces and Dirk was old but Curry was not injured, Green was not suspended, Barnes did not play crap? You can't have it both ways. Hold your horses.

2 of their best players were injured? LOL they lost game 1 with Kyrie (2015) and barely played Love last year until game 7. Even at that, he had limited minutes. They won because they won. Any other spin to it we have to call butthurtism.

you don't think Golden state losing last year had anything to do with coaching?
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:59am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

LOL. Brad Stevens.

Coach can't do what for Curry? The Curry that was smudged between Love and JR and the refs called good D? The Curry that bricked 3 wide open 3s today and lost his confidence?

I am the number 1 Curry Stan here and I saw him clang shots even before the game. For some reason he did not shoot well today especially from 3. Even KD and Klay were off from 3. It is one of those things. I am not fretting.
Even during the normal shoot around before the game, his shots were not going in. I was scared

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

LOL. Brad Stevens.

I am not putting Brad and Kerr in the same Convo. I am just saying I have seen him do similar things to get IT some quick buckets, and ummm, look at what that man has done with the Boston team. Putting LOL like he won't win a championship as a coach of the warriors with KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
you don't think Golden state losing last year had anything to do with coaching?

I cannot defend all of his actions because like any human being he makes mistakes. Curry played like crap in game 7 of the series but they need an Iggy block, Kyrie big 3 and Bron to go 1/2 from the FT line to win by 4. No it can't be coaching. Don't get sucked in by some emotional eastern conferencers on here. We lost because Curry could not gain separation from Love and Iggy missed an easy dunk because he had back spasms which helped LBJ block his layup.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Kerr being better than carlirse is an argument you are not going to win. He couldn't close out a 3-1 lead with a 73-9 team. Now, he can't even sweep this team with four hall of famers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Hardetayour:
Even during the normal shoot around before the game, his shots were not going in. I was scared

Exactly. I made reference to it in one of my posts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
Kerr being better than carlirse is an argument you are not going to win. He couldn't close out a 3-1 lead with a 73-9 team. Now, he can't even sweep this team with four hall of famers.

Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I think it's too much just for one rotation. Kerr didn't do the normal thing and it seems wrong. I was also pissed to be honest. I thought he should've brought in KD and or Curry.. But the Cavs were unfortunately too hot today. Kerr brought it to series 3-0 and made one silly mistake. Let it slide. They would've won anyways.

We don't deserve to lose the series. You just dey vex for us. The worst it 4-2. But Warriors in 5.
Exactly what I am saying, like you couldn't bring in one? One of the two best shooters in the league? Lmao. Didn't know you need a PhD in coaching to do that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
I am not putting Brad and Kerr in the same Convo. I am just saying I have seen him do similar things to get IT some quick buckets, and ummm, look at what that man has done with the Boston team. Putting LOL like he won't win a championship as a coach of the warriors with KD.

The LOL is because Kerr inherited 4 hall of famers who were winning 60+ games before he came.

The LOL is because we are accustomed to seeing KD play this way; defense, easy buckets, high assists numbers etc long before he played under Kerr.

The LOL is because Kerr is yet to lose a championship playing with KD except you believe GSW have lost this series because of today?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:10am On Jun 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Do you know, in English once you say or type BUT it automatically means every other thing before it does not count?

cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Eruditor:

The LOL is because Kerr inherited 4 hall of gamers who were winning 60+ games before he came.

The LOL is because we are accustomed to seeing KD play this way; defense, easy buckets, high assists numbers etc long before he played under Kerr.

The LOL is because Kerr is yet to lose a championship playing with KD except you believe GSW have lost this series because of today?
lmao you want to compare the team Kerr inherited and the team Brad inherited?

Lol this golden state beat Denver with George Karl as coach in the Playoffs when no one knew of them. Gave the spurs problem, and came back the year after, better. Everyone knew they were a problem. They were the best back court in the league.

The same team with young klay, curry, and green beat the clippers.

I don't know what your LOL is for, but Kerr inherited a team that was ready to go.

I don't think you will loss, nope. You have KD. With Harrison Barnes, you are losing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Donlittle:
lmao you want to compare the team Kerr inherited and the team Brad inherited?

Lol this golden state beat Denver with George Karl as coach in the Playoffs when no one knew of them. Gave the spurs problem, and came back the year after, better. Everyone knew they were a problem. They were the best back court in the league.

I don't know what your LOL is for, but Kerr inherited a team that was ready to go.

I don't think you will loss, nope. You have KD. With Harrison Barnes, you are losing.

Hahahahaha. A 50 win team that plays good D but cannot score easily. So a coach that inherits Timberwolves or Blazers today and makes them 67-15 with a ring will be pushed aside because he inherited a good team "ready to go"?

Okay o. Wehdone sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (2265) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Khanben and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.