Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8894693 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
See wetin dem dey talk about herrera for Tv make him dey bench today. Memphis to start for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:
See wetin dem dey talk about herrera for Tv make him dey bench today.
Memphis to start for me.

What's your problem with herrera?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Memphis to start for me.

It's very true and absolutely right. When HERRERA first came he used to be much better but now he's just a waste of space. Mata and Herrera are two lovable players loved blindly by fans. Their outputs are so poor and do you wanna know what- they are HIGHLY inconsistent. I love them but they should be squad players at the most.

I always say that some of the problems we have is not having a solid playmaker who can create chances and carry the team on his back and we are very predictable.

Lvg should go cos he has been poor but the players also should look inwards. Most of those players are hiding under lvg's poor tactics

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

What's your problem with herrera?
He hasn't been better than Fellani or Mata yet no criticism whatsoever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
bigkesh:
Eden Hazard is still the best rated EPL player...
Adelana1,SailorXY,Dopejemi,Debroslink and the entire scummies....
Whatyasay??

Coming from an Arsenal fan... SMH!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Memphis to start for me.
And what has Depay done to warrant starting ahead of Herrera? When Depay is poor he plays against us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

He hasn't been better than Fellani or Mata yet no criticism whatsoever.

Hear yourself, how many times has he started for us this season? He lit up our game when he came on against Norwich, this is someone that spends most of his time on the bench for doing no wrong, he used to be our only risk taker and he still is, the reason he is short on confidence is because of van gaal and his silly philosophy

On his day, he is simply the best midfielder we've got and one of the best in the league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
capricornian:

It's very true and absolutely right. When HERRERA first came he used to be much better but now he's just a waste of space. Mata and Herrera are two lovable players loved blindly by fans. Their outputs are so poor and do you wanna know what- they are HIGHLY inconsistent. I love them but they should be squad players at the most.

I always say that some of the problems we have is not having a solid playmaker who can create chances and carry the team on his back and we are very predictable.

Lvg should go cos he has been poor but the players also should look inwards. Most of those players are hiding under lvg's poor tactics
You don talk my mind finish.
I like to know what every players offer in every position,Herrera doesn't do it for me what does he give us, passing we no see? Dribbling we no see even his so called work rate don come down ?
Make everybody laugh me,I'll take Fellani before Herrera because I know exactly what I am getting from him.
Yet you go come here, na so so Rooney,Memphis and fellani we go dey curse nobody dey touch Herrera and Angel Mata.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I like to know what every players offer in every position,Herrera doesn't do it for me what does he give us, passing we no see? Dribbling we no see even his so called work rate don come down ?
Make everybody laugh me,I'll take Fellani before Herrera because I know exactly what I am getting from him.
Yet you go come here, na so so Rooney,Memphis and fellani we go dey curse nobody dey touch Herrera and Angel Mata.

Please what are you getting from fellaini?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

What I have noticed as a Manchester United fan is that we have a sentimental love for certain players and we criticize certain maybe cos we don't love those other ones. Players like Mata and Herrera are so loved and it will take a long time before they are found out. To be honest they have not been good enough for us especially this season but we are not able to see those things. I also love them still but am starting to look critically and weigh them up with same scale of performance match after match without involving my sentimental love for them.

On the issue of DE PAY I haven't seen any good about him yet and am worried about his future. I also think Fellani is only better in the box...outside the box he offers close to nothing apart from getting yellow cards

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
Like seriously? Can't believe some Goons are beginning to doubt the talents of Herrera! Blame LVG not Ander for his poor display(s) recently! He's either benched or being played out of positions on the Match-Day, hence how do you expect him to develop his potentials and gain more confidence as a Player?
Herrera is simply our best Midfielder at the moment! He needs enough playing time to get back to shape. Mata should be benched, Janusaj should play as a right-side Midfielder, Depay/Lingard on the left, Rooney; behind the Striker, Martial should strike, finally Schneiderlin and Herrera should be paired.
QED!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Like seriously? Can't believe some Goons are beginning to doubt the talents of Herrera! Blame LVG not Ander for his poor display(s) recently! He's either benched or being played out of positions on the Match-Day, hence how do you expect him to develop his potentials and gain more confidence as a Player?
Herrera is simply our best Midfielder at the moment! He needs enough playing time to get back to shape. Mata should be benched, Janusaj should play as a right-side Midfielder, Depay/Lingard on the left, Rooney; behind the Striker, Martial should strike, finally Schneiderlin and Herrera should be paired.
QED!

We all have our own opinions bro but I know that if we should get a coach like MOU or PEP those two players will always come in from the bench cos they are not good enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
capricornian:

We all have our own opinions bro but I know that if we should get a coach like MOU or PEP those two players will always come in from the bench cos they are not good enough
Who are likely to start then?
(a) under Mourinho
(b) under Pep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
chrisley024:
And what has Depay done to warrant starting ahead of Herrera? When Depay is poor he plays against us.
Nothing really,but he was breath of fresh air against sheffield and he needs to ride the rush of that performance.
We've to sacrifice somebody its either herrera or Mata with depay outwide,Martial as striker and rooney behind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
No offence, but saying herrera or mata should be dropped for depay is plain stupidity, nd yes herrera would thrive under mourinho or pep, our best performance dis season i guess was against everton, nd guess what? herrera was motm in dat game!, dats to show you guys how good he is. Herrera would get into any top 4 epl side starting eleven, he's easily one of the best centre midfielder in de country. Dem no de argue dis one seff
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Nothing really,but he was breath of fresh air against sheffield and he needs to ride the rush of that performance.
We've to sacrifice somebody its either herrera or Mata with depay outwide,Martial as striker and rooney behind.
Pls stop mentioning DEPAY for United's sake!
What did he do in the Match, he played crap, but just lucky to get us a penalty! I will rather play Lingard instead of him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

Please what are you getting from fellaini?
Aerial threat,
which risk taking giving the ball away every time he touches it ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
capricornian:

Where were you when Herrera is dropped after a fine performance for 'taking so much risks'? I don't believe we have selective memories here.
The lad is simply playing to instructions cuz nobody like to sit on the bench. Apparently, the cautious bollocks doesn't sit well with him but wetin man go do?
Can you tell me why Morgan sits on the bench for whoever when we know he should be the first name in the midfield? Apparently LvG is not 'pleased' with something in his game & tomorrow when he start serving us nonsense play we state how "is this the Morgan every has been masticating on?"
ADM couldn't stomach it, after series of adrenalin-pump displays he started serving us shyte. He's gone.
Was this the way Darmian played his first month in MUFC? What's happened to him?

Who can we stare @ currently & say this is the risk-taker in our team?
Why is Memphis playing so badly?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Aerial threat,

which risk taking giving the ball away every time he touches it ?

So you like the way we've been playing long balls to fellaini, you like the way people dey say we dey play west ham football abi?

Carry on
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
O! Someone just said he prefers fellaini to herrera.
. .
Nd i even think say na better arguement we wan do here seff..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Who are likely to start then?
(a) under Mourinho
(b) under Pep
Mourinho will adapt to your team and make a few changes......
Rojo as LB
Valencia as RB
Smalling and a New CB

Morgan will always be the 4
Herrera and Bastian...but he is going to need new midfielders
You can't be sure of selling Fellaini

Januzaj will make the team if he increases his work rate,he is going to like Young but he will sign wingers

Martial as the 9,but he might just fancy Rooney in his first season because I know he loves Wayne....

In short he will take care obvious needs in the XI...The bench will depend on ED

As for Pep,Only Martial,DDG and Smalling will make it ......He will buy his own boys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
weedtaker:
No offence, but saying herrera or mata should be dropped for depay is plain stupidity, nd yes herrera would thrive under mourinho or pep, our best performance dis season i guess was against everton, nd guess what? herrera was motm in dat game!, dats to show you guys how good he is. Herrera would get into any top 4 epl side starting eleven, he's easily one of the best centre midfielder in de country. Dem no de argue dis one seff
None taking,
Your valuation of herrera is based on one game ?
Am saying let Depay ride this new found confidence into the newcastle game since Mata and Herrera have not been playing well for awhile.
Everything isn't LVG fault.
If you include leicster city maybe he gets in ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
weedtaker:
O! Someone just said he prefers fellaini to herrera.

Nd i even think say na better arguement we wan do here seff..
Quote me next time.
So I'll explain my thoughts betters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
SailorXY:

Where were you when Herrera is dropped after a fine performance for 'taking so much risks'? I don't believe we have selective memories here.
The lad is simply playing to instructions cuz nobody like to sit on the bench. Apparently, the cautious bollocks doesn't sit well with him but wetin man go do?
Can you tell me why Morgan sits on the bench for whoever when we know he should be the first name in the midfield? Apparently LvG is not 'pleased' with something in his game & tomorrow when he start serving us nonsense play we state how "is this the Morgan every has been masticating on?"
ADM couldn't stomach it, after series of adrenalin-pump displays he started serving us shyte. He's gone.
Was this the way Darmian played his first month in MUFC? What's happened to him?

I agree completely with a lot that you have said but I still stand on my word... If Pep and Mou are given the role of the manager of Manchester United they would go out to buy a proper play maker/attacking midfielders. I am not saying they are not good but not good enough.

There are some managers who have a clear idea of how their teams must look like and they will definitely go out there to buy proper and the kind of players they want. Those two managers do not do much of make- shift

Btw I never agreed to playing fellaini in the midfield just as I believe depay has a long way to go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

None taking,
Am saying let Depay ride this new found confidence into the newcastle game since Mata and Herrera have not been playing well for awhile.

What is "for a while"? How many matches herrera don play since?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

So you like the way we've been playing long balls to fellaini, you like the way people dey say we dey play west ham football abi?

Carry on
If we were beating teams with that style you'll love it too.
I should point out that our longest run win streak last season featured fellani in the team.

What does Herrera give us is he a better player than bastian or Morgan in the pivot ?
Is he creative enough to play as a "10" ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

None taking,
why? I'm just pointing out the fact dat he was the best player in the best game that we've played dis season.

new found confidence ma foot the earlier you admit dat depay is shyte de better, herrera hasn't played much dis season but anytime he is called upon he gives his all, nd moreover our problem is not herrera or mata the whole squad apart 4rm martial nd blind plays de usuall side way pass nd slow pace football, so i really don't know how de talk of herrera and mata not playing well when de team in general 've been playing de same way, nd if someone is to be dropped for memphis dat person should be fatboi

i once shared dis ur opinion but not again, everything is LvG's fault

i don't get you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I should point out that our longest run win streak last season featured fellani in the team.

What does Herrera give us is he a better player than bastian or Morgan in the pivot ?

yes fellaini featured and herrera didn't, abi? Herrera despite playing in a deeper postition had an impresive stat [if M not mistaken] compared to dat of fellaini who played as a second striker. Herrera is a material of 3 midfielders or a midfield diamond.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
SailorXY:

God bless u for this my guy.. all the guys condemning Herrera want to tell me they didn't read/hear last season wen LVG said Herrera takes too much risk and often losses the ball, that he likes chasing the ball instead of waiting for it and he was attempting too many risky passes?.
abeg abeg abeg... u guys should not pour ur frustration on Herrera.. When we had a good spell last season he was clearly our best player. He is just playing to instruction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Quote me next time.
So I'll explain my thoughts betters
there's nothing there to explain every average football fan knows that in the second striker position fellaini is de better player while in de CM postition herrera is.....

.Make we jxt leave dis yeye arguement discuss our match against newcastle 2nyte.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

What is "for a while"? How many matches herrera don play since?
E go be four games today if he play against newcastle,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

bros, it also featured Herrera so what actually are u trying to say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.