Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,257 members, 7,887,741 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934291 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
bigkesh:

Mourinho will adapt to your team and make a few changes......
Rojo as LB
Valencia as RB
Smalling and a New CB

Morgan will always be the 4
Herrera and Bastian...but he is going to need new midfielders
You can't be sure of selling Fellaini

Januzaj will make the team if he increases his work rate,he is going to like Young but he will sign wingers

Martial as the 9,but he might just fancy Rooney in his first season because I know he loves Wayne....

In short he will take care obvious needs in the XI...The bench will depend on ED

As for Pep,Only Martial,DDG and Smalling will make it ......He will buy his own boys
Thanks for the input even though you ain't getting the basis of the augment!
Who do you think MOU or PEP will play among the present Midfielders in the Team?! And who are likely to be glued to the Bench or sold out?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
I heard schweini didn't travel with de squad to tyneside, would be expecting either of carrick or herrera alongside schneirdelin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Nothing really,but he was breath of fresh air against sheffield and he needs to ride the rush of that performance.
We've to sacrifice somebody its either herrera or Mata with depay outwide,Martial as striker and rooney behind.
Haven't you noticed Depay plays better in his 1st 10-20mins? I would be giving him 10-15mins cameo if I were LvG until he gets serious and hard working. I'd bench Mata; most fans here have been asking for a RW so his poor performances have been obvious. The problem is the RW we've, Lingard, is just average and good at wasting chances.

Herrera will perform better when we start playing expansive football cos he more of a box to box midfielder that likes to take risky passes, run into the box and shoot from outside. I believe he was benched cos of his risky style of play, even LvG wouldn't praise him in games he performed excellent or even bench him in the next game and what he does now is to pass it around. When a player can't shoot, make a 5 yard pass or his 1st touch takes the ball 5yards away then, that is beyond the system/tactics.

LvG setup of our attack is the worst I've seen angry that even with Xavi and Scholes in the midfield, they'd still be passing it around cos of the lack of movement of those upfront. If Martial doesn’t go pass two players then we're not creating any chance. Just put players around him and our attack is dead cos players are told to stick to their positions.

Mr Plato selects his players not based on their performances. He will bench Schneiderlin, Herrera and Young and start Carrick, Fellaini( in the midfield with the job to dictate the play) and Depay. I'm tired of the man seriously.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Who do you think MOU or PEP will play among the present Midfielders in the Team?! And who are likely to be glued to the Bench or sold out?
we all know fellaini is a NO NO.
he's too slow and doesn't track back to play for Mou, while
he's not just a Pep kind of player.
As for Herrera, he'll fit in wit both coaches cos he has the skill and technique, he tracks back, is a hard tackler etc..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

If we were beating teams with that style you'll love it too.
I should point out that our longest run win streak last season featured fellani in the team.

What does Herrera give us is he a better player than bastian or Morgan in the pivot ?
Is he creative enough to play as a "10" ?

Very funny, didn't we complain when we won matches with our boring style of play? I can't believe what i'm reading, I'm done debating this, it's beginning to irritate me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
chrisley024:
Haven't you noticed Depay plays better in his 1st 10-20mins? I would be giving him 10-15mins cameo if I were LvG until he gets serious and hard working. I'd bench Mata; most fans here have been asking for a RW so his poor performances have been obvious. The problem is the RW we've, Lingard, is just average and good at wasting chances.

Herrera will perform better when we start playing expansive football cos he more of a box to box midfielder that likes to take risky passes, run into the box and shoot from outside. I believe he was benched cos of his risky style of play, even LvG wouldn't praise him in games he performed excellent or even bench him in the next game and what he does now is to pass it around. When a player can't shoot, make a 5 yard pass or his 1st touch takes the ball 5yards away then, that is beyond the system/tactics.

LvG setup of our attack is the worst I've seen angry that even with Xavi and Scholes in the midfield, they'd still be passing it around cos of the lack of movement of those upfront. If Martial doesn’t go pass two players then we're not creating any chance. Just put players around him and our attack is dead cos players are told to stick to their positions.

Mr Plato selects his players not based on their performances. He will bench Schneiderlin, Herrera and Young and start Carrick, Fellaini( in the midfield with the job to dictate the play) and Depay. I'm tired of the man seriously.
summary of the whole ish....
“The most important thing is they have to know why we do things and when they do, the football player is not playing intuitively. A lot of players are playing intuitively and I want them to think and know why they do something.”.......... LVG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

we all know fellaini is a NO NO.
he's too slow and doesn't track back to play for Mou, while
he's not just a Pep kind of player.
As for Herrera, he'll fit in wit both coaches cos he has the skill and technique, he tracks back, is a hard tackler etc..
Drink two Bottles of anything you like on my Head!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nihilist:

It's the fact that Alago Boateng was voted the least useful member of that Bayern defence...

Just look at that 2nd team - The voters would rather field 3 short fullbacks and Pique than play Boateng at centre half. Coping with the height disadvantage is still more palatable than having to deal with Bobo the conqueror.

It has pained all the Boatank bully boys - Ollah1, A40, and Raumdeuter.

I can't wait for Airmark's comment

Still proves my point all the while Boateng is better than ALL EPL defenders. See where dem Put terry? together with ivanovic, Rooney and casillas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

God bless u for this my guy.. all the guys condemning Herrera want to tell me they didn't read/hear last season wen LVG said Herrera takes too much risk and often losses the ball, that he likes chasing the ball instead of waiting for it and he was attempting too many risky passes?.
abeg abeg abeg... u guys should not pour ur frustration on Herrera.. When we had a good spell last season he was clearly our best player. He is just playing to instruction.
Reason why teams with good dribblers slice through our midfield like a knife through butter. Likely also the reason he keeps Morgan on the bench cos dude likes to chase players. He used two old midfielders that would rather wait than chase the opponent against Arsenal and saw how it fared and yet has learned nothing. The man irritates me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Pep will play Mata and Herrera,. Sure..Fellaini and Bastian out
José will play Morgan,Herrera....Fellaini out,Bastian bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
bigkesh:

Pep will play Mata and Herrera,. Sure..Fellaini and Bastian out
José will play Morgan,Herrera....Fellaini out,Bastian bench
You nailed it!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
weedtaker:
I heard schweini didn't travel with de squad to tyneside, would be expecting either of carrick or herrera alongside schneirdelin.
carrick isn't ready yet, Januzaj is reportdly in the match day squad so we might see some changes today...just hoping we come out victorious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

If we were beating teams with that style you'll love it too.
I should point out that our longest run win streak last season featured fellani in the team.
cos he played upfront and with Young providing the crosses. But today he's asked to dictate play in the midfield or when he's upfront there is no winger to feed him with aerial ball instead the crosses come from the defenders expecting him to do magic with them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
weedtaker:
yes fellaini featured and herrera didn't, abi? Herrera despite playing in a deeper postition had an impresive stat [if M not mistaken] compared to dat of fellaini who played as a second striker. Herrera is a material of 3 midfielders or a midfield diamond.
I know herrera did but fellani played his part and was vital to some of those wins.
Concerning who played better you have to look at the stats.
When did we last play those kind of formation you mention above ? it is important to note that I am not saying herrera is a bad player I don't just understand what he brings to our team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
chidexxy007:

carrick isn't ready yet, Januzaj is reportdly in the match day squad so we might see some changes today...just hoping we come out victorious.
Carrick should either retire or get sold after this Session. We need young blood and fresh Legs in the Midfield!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
dopeJemi:

Very funny, didn't we complain when we won matches with our boring style of play? I can't believe what i'm reading, I'm done debating this, it's beginning to irritate me
You need not reply then.
It wasn't effective enough for it to force your love.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Apart from Rooney and Depay, I will blame LvG for the dismal performance of the rest of the team.
Rooney is past it, na sentiments and reputation dey keep the guy in the squad, depay is just an id1ot.

Yes, some players have been hiding behind Lvg's useless tactics and playing players out of position, but he is the primary cause of the shyte we have been dishing out on the field.

Fellaini is not United type of player, but a tactical coach will know how to use him in the team. What LvG is doing is tantamount to HOPE in the case of playing him in the middle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Drink two Bottles of anything you like on my Head! grin
lol, where the barman na?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Still proves my point all the while Boateng is better than ALL EPL defenders. See where dem Put terry? together with ivanovic, Rooney and casillas

Alainitiju. All those you mentioned have more than 1 individual award when they were 27 years. Boateng at 27 has not been honoured by any football body for individual brilliance. He is the only notable bayern munich player with no single individual honour. By the time he reaches terry, casillas' ages, alago boatank will be playing in indian league.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
airmark:

Alainitiju. All those you mentioned have more than 1 individual award when they were 27 years. Boateng at 27 has not been honoured by any football body for individual brilliance. He is the only notable bayern munich player with no single individual honour. By the time he reaches terry, casillas' ages, alago boatank will be playing in indian league.

His world cup would be there for him which Terry would never have in his entire career even if he comes to the world twice

It would be noted that terrys team actually win trophies when he isnt on the field and he throws them away when he is on the field
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
weedtaker:
why? I'm just pointing out the fact dat he was the best player in the best game that we've played dis season. new found confidence ma foot the earlier you admit dat depay is shyte de better, herrera hasn't played much dis season but anytime he is called upon he gives his all, nd moreover our problem is not herrera or mata the whole squad apart 4rm martial nd blind plays de usuall side way pass nd slow pace football, so i really don't know how de talk of herrera and mata not playing well when de team in general 've been playing de same way, nd if someone is to be dropped for memphis dat person should be fatboi i once shared dis ur opinion but not again, everything is LvG's fault i don't get you.
It still isn't enough sample size
We can't give up on depay now we payed too much for him.
Herrera and Mata are both utd darling which is what really irritates when they play well it is due to their individual brillance when it is wrong it is LVG and is philosophy.
All player should be judge equally, aside from Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Carrick should either retire or get sold after this Session. We need young blood and fresh Legs in the Midfield!
I quite agree with you on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

His world cup would be there for him which Terry would never have in his entire career even if he comes to the world twice

It would be noted that terrys team actually win trophies when he isnt on the field and he throws them away when he is on the field

Nedved never won world cup or champions league in his life but won a lot of individual awards for himself and he is one of the greatest players ever. FIFA even honoured him as a living legend in 2004. Will FIFA do this for alago because he won world cup that hundreds of average players have won too? What does that tell you? It's not about your team glory, it's about your influence in your team. It's very sad that your hyped defender is rated as 3rd class defender at 27. That shows how useless he is at his peak.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
chrisley024:
cos he played upfront and with Young providing the crosses. But today he's asked to dictate play in the midfield or when he's upfront there is no winger to feed him with aerial ball instead the crosses come from the defenders expecting him to do magic with them.
Not magic,just bring the ball down and find the next man saves us from passing the ball aimlessly.
Fellani is a know commodity you might not like the way he plays but he is good at what he does and what he does is very good.
Give him to a manager that will play to his strength and watch him be very influential to a team success no one mentions that Fellani actually plays for belgium and is an important first team member.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

It still isn't enough sample size
We can't give up depay now we payed too much for him.
Herrera and Mata are both utd darling which is what really irritates when they play well it is due to their individual brillance when it is wrong it is LVG and is philosophy.
All player should be judge equally, aside from Rooney.

What is this nonsense about Mata and Herrera are fans darling when Herrera is being benched regularly and Mata played outta position. That's the reason why blaming the players would be difficult when its the coach that is causing the inconsistencies in their games. They have tried to do their best based on the positions they play and instructions given. I am not saying they have not had bad games but when a coach continually deploys players in wrong positions and not give deserving players a run then when they play nonsense the useless coach shud be blamed.

Rooney has been given more chance than anyone and depay has been played on his position when on the pitch but have still played nonsense, infact when depay was used as CF it was more because he needed to be tried somewhere else because it seemed he would never get it right on his favoured wing.

When has Depay ever played well for us to even ascribe the good performance to his brilliance?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
codedguy1:

What is this nonsense about Mata and Herrera are fans darling when Herrera is being benched regularly and Mata played outta position. That's the reason why blaming the players would be difficult when its the coach that is causing the inconsistencies in their games. They have tried to do their best based on the positions they play and instructions given. I am not saying they have not had bad games but when a coach continually deploys players in wrong positions and not give deserving players a run then when they play nonsense the useless coach shud be blamed.

Rooney has been given more chance than anyone and depay has been played on his position when on the pitch but have still played nonsense, infact when depay was used as CF it was more because he needed to be tried somewhere else because it seemed he would never get it right on his favoured wing.

When has Depay ever played well for us to even ascribe the good performance to his brilliance?

We should have grabbed LVG Philosophy from the onset! What do we expect from United Manager sitting outta position on the Bench?! It shows he doesn't believe in the Club's tradition!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
codedguy1:

Make that case for Morgan,not Herrera or Mata the former just recovered from injury and played our last three straight Matches and don't get me started on Mata.
When they have bad games why don't we read anything on this board ? (This is,what triggered all this talk)
Rooney is our burden he won't be benched if it is any compensation I would rather have Herrera than rooney in the hole but that won't happen am just picking the next worst line up.
All am saying is REWARD Memphis for is performance in the FA cup. if he plays horribly bench him again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
The first game am live on nl in this 2016....
GGMUNU tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Are you guys saying that LVG is entirely the cause of the poor performances from our players and that the players are not to be blamed at all?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
I just hope Newcastle newly signed player, Shelvey, is not playing tonight.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
airmark:

Nedved never won world cup or champions league in his life but won a lot of individual awards for himself and he is one of the greatest players ever. FIFA even honoured him as a living legend in 2004. Will FIFA do this for alago because he won world cup that hundreds of average players have won too? What does that tell you? It's not about your team glory, it's about your influence in your team. It's very sad that your hyped defender is rated as 3rd class defender at 27. That shows how useless he is at his peak.

Where were all the EPL defenders rated?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
chrisley024:
I just hope Newcastle newly signed player, Shelvey, is not playing tonight.

That mirror-head boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: michaellovaldo(m), Beorn and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.