Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta (6210 Views)

Biafra: Army Plans To Relocate Headquarters To Aba / Unity Bank Plc Relocates Corporate Headquarters To Lagos / I Million South South Youths To March For Jonathan's 2015 Re-election Bid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
By Etop EKANEM

LAGOS – President of the South-South Youth Council, Lagos State, Mr. Tomzine Benedict, has called on oil multinationals operating in the Niger Delta region to relocate their corporate headquarters to their areas of operation.

Speaking to newsmen in Lagos, Benedict said that with their offices in Lagos and Abuja, Niger Delta youths had not benefited in terms of employment.

He contended that if there were no infrastructure on ground to absorb youths being trained in different skills through the amnesty training programme, the essence of the training would be defeated.

Benedict said: “Are they being trained to become useful citizens in the society or they are trained to go back to the creeks to resume hostage-taking and vandalisation of oil facilities?

“If there are no infrastructure to absorb them after their training, they will definitely go back to the creeks.”
He also called on President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that the benefits of the amnesty training programme go round all the ethnic nationalities in the Niger Delta region.

Benedict, who made the call against the backdrop of protest by some ethnic nationalities over alleged exclusion from the programme, said all youths from the region participated actively in the struggle and so none should be excluded from the amnesty training scheme for the ex-freedom fighters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/s-south-youths-urge-oil-firms-to-relocate-headquarters-to-n-delta/
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
Good, this would create more employment for the youths of the ND.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by baslone: 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2012
Like they are ready to work.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 1:11am On Mar 07, 2012
baslone:

Like they are ready to work.

the companies should come first, then we woild know if they are ready to work abi
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by kettykin: 6:12am On Mar 07, 2012
how on earth can oil be in ND and the company HQ be else where , only in Nigeria
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by ojogbontomoye: 6:14am On Mar 07, 2012
alj harem:

Good, this would create more employment for the youths of the ND.

Can they do the job?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 7:14am On Mar 07, 2012
You could as well tell Exxon Mobil to relocate their headquaters from Houston to the creeks. And who tell you there is no oil in Lagos?

kettykin:

how on earth can oil be in ND and the company HQ be else where , only in Nigeria
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by asorocker: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2012
@ Osiri you could have at least done a little research before replying the message , if you check the Exxon Mobile you mentioned has their headquaters in Texas not washington or California, Now texas is an oil state and has 1 of the highest deposits of oil in US, have ever wondered if there were Oil companies with offices in California and washington let me give it to you as an assigment .

Nigeria is so obscured that Cocoa is produced in the southwest and cocoa house is in Ibadan not lagos or Abuja the RMRDC same for Coal , Coal Coproation is head quatered in Enugu and not in Lagos or Abuja, why will oil be different Oil is mined in the SS , why will oild company Headquaters be in Lagos and Abuja.

Like Kettykin said it is only in Nigeria.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Mar 07, 2012
asorocker:

@ Osiri you could have at least done a little research before replying the message , if you check the Exxon Mobile you mentioned has their headquaters in Texas not washington or California, Now texas is an oil state and has 1 of the highest deposits of oil in US, have ever wondered if there were Oil companies with offices in California and washington let me give it to you as an assigment .

Nigeria is so obscured that Cocoa is produced in the southwest and cocoa house is in Ibadan not lagos or Abuja the RMRDC same for Coal , Coal Coproation is head quatered in Enugu and not in Lagos or Abuja, why will oil be different Oil is mined in the SS , why will oild company Headquaters be in Lagos and Abuja.

And it's only in Nigeria where a terrorist body posts weekly threats to bomb, destroy and burn down oil companies and STILL people exhort these same companies to increase their risk profile by building more and more facilities in the troubled region.

It's also only in Nigeria where the meaning of the word 'amnesty' has been bastardised like this. Usually amnesty is given to repentant criminals who understand that they have been given a second chance by their governments to live a straight life without reprisal for their past misdeeds.
In Nigeria the Amnesty program sucks tens of billions of taxpayers money, rewards people who took up arms against their society and is used as a tool of blackmail. Imagine someone given amnesty demanding for appeasement to stay away from their prior vices. Nonsense!
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by VoodooDoll(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2012
They should relocate quickly to the N.Delta, good luck to them. By the way BP's head quarters is in London and not Scotland so private enterprises locate their head quarters where they choose to.

I'm all for 100% resources going to the point of origin with tax and monetary policy reallocating wealth as necessary.

Let's stop all these childish talk. 100% resource control NOW! Le't see how we get on when that happens.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 8:02am On Mar 07, 2012
texazzpete:

And it's only in Nigeria where a terrorist body posts weekly threats to bomb, destroy and burn down oil companies and STILL people exhort these same companies to increase their risk profile by building more and more facilities in the troubled region.

It's also only in Nigeria where the meaning of the word 'amnesty' has been bastardised like this. Usually amnesty is given to repentant criminals who understand that they have been given a second chance by their governments to live a straight life without reprisal for their past misdeeds.
In Nigeria the Amnesty program sucks tens of billions of taxpayers money, rewards people who took up arms against their society and is used as a tool of blackmail. Imagine someone given amnesty demanding for appeasement to stay away from their prior vices. Nonsense!

+ 1000

You are indeed patient and wise to reply that post coloured with ignorance and confusion.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2012
You could as well relocate Aso Rock to the creeks since a fisherman is occupying the seat.
Only in Nigeria you see people smoking weed and posting on Nairaland.

asorocker:

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by asorocker: 8:16am On Mar 07, 2012
And it's only in Nigeria where a terrorist body posts weekly threats to bomb, destroy and burn down oil companies and STILL people exhort these same companies to increase their risk profile by building more and more facilities in the  troubled region.

it is aslo only in Nigeria that dervation formula and revenue sharing fromula will be changed over night because of oil deposits in other regions , it is only in nigeria that oil wells can be allocated to criminals whose only qualification is that the retired as general in Nigerian Army. it is also only in Nigeria that a sitting Head of State OBJ functioned for 8 years as also an oil minister and the refineries never woked fo a day.

It is also only in Nigeria
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Standing5(m): 8:17am On Mar 07, 2012
In addition to what texazzpete has said let me also add that these companies used be in Warri and environs, a core ND zone, before. Anytime the various ethnic groups were fighting for land (oil land) in the past, they didn't spare the oil companies and in some cases oil companies on their rival stronghold were targetted as a way hurting one another.
Beside most of the people in agitating for the relocation of oil companies have no qualification or experience to handle what will be comimg back, if it ever happens.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by chiozor: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 8:31am On Mar 07, 2012
Standing5:

In addition to what texazypete has said let me also add that these companies used be in Warri and environs, a core ND zone, before. Anytime the various ethnic groups were fighting for land (oil land) in the past, they didn't spare the oil companies and in some cases oil companies on their rival stronghold were targetted as a way hurting one another.
Beside most of the people in agitating for the relocation of oil companies have no qualification or experience to handle what will be comimg back, if it ever happens.
Since I was born, Mobil, chevron and SPDC main offices have been in Lagos, I don't know what you mean by this, napim, the National Investment management company is watching the investments in the oil industry from lagos, this has been since the 1970's, so the excuse of militant activites that started in the 2006 is really a poor excuse,
Yoruba people should own up to this very crazy thing happening in this country
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Standing5(m): 8:50am On Mar 07, 2012
DaLover:

Since I was born, Mobil, chevron and SPDC main offices have been in Lagos, I don't know what you mean by this, napim, the National Investment management company is watching the investments in the oil industry from lagos, this has been since the 1970's, so the excuse of militant activites that started in the 2006 is really a poor excuse,
Yoruba people should own up to this very crazy thing happening in this country
Was militancy in ND a result of ethnic conflict? When i said ethnic conflict, i know what i am saying. Go ask about Ijaw /Itsekiri conflict and its effect on the warri area.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Bawss1(m): 9:15am On Mar 07, 2012
The new breed of militants are short of targets now abi? Nice try Mr Benedict.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2012
Standing5:

Was militancy in ND a result of ethnic conflict? When i said ethnic conflict, i know what i am saying. Go ask about Ijaw /Itsekiri conflict and its effect on the warri area.

What exactly are you saying?? Alaye and OPC factions are fighting and destroying property in Lagos, should companies move out because of that?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2012
DaLover:

What exactly are you saying?? Alaye and OPC factions are fighting and destroying property in Lagos, should companies move out because of that?

You think so much like an igbo uneducated ideeiot as always. Private companies are free to put their headquarters wherever they want. It has nothing to do with "Yoruba people"

The "illuminate" "Yoruba people" are not the owners of Shell, or Mobil. So go sleep

Moreover there is Oil from Lagos to Ondo, so what are you talking about
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2012
Osiris.212:

+ 1000

You are indeed patient and wise to reply that post coloured with ignorance and confusion.

Sharrap EWU,
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2012
kayci_d77:

Sharrap EWU, You ppl took all the Oil HQ to Yoruba Town and all the employment are from there, thats why the YARIBAS dominates all the oil companies. And where did you ppl see oil in lagos may be the lagoons or the beaches. Mitscheeew

You shut it Iddiotic Igbo mumu, who can Yoruba control private multinational companies and tell them where to locate their headquarters ? So Lagos is no longer a no-mans-land ? it is not Yoruba town ?

You see how ideeiotic you Igbos can be at times ?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2012
alj harem:

You think so much like an igbo uneducated ideeiot as always. Private companies are free to put their headquarters wherever they want. It has nothing to do with "Yoruba people"
The "illuminate" "Yoruba people" are not the owners of Shell, or Mobil. So go sleep
Moreover there is Oil from Lagos to Ondo, so what are you talking about
EEdiotic mallam, is lagos an oil producing State,
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2012
Alhaji, no need responding to that dehydrated goat. "IT" is very stup!d, I tell ya cool

alj harem:

You shut it Iddiotic Igbo mumu, who can Yoruba control private multinational companies and tell them where to locate their headquarters ? So Lagos is no longer a no-mans-land ? it is not Yoruba town ?

You see how ideeiotic you Igbos can be at times ?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Bawss1(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2012
kayci_d77:

EEdiotic mallam, is lagos an oil producing State, Ondo stole EDO oil block courtesy OBJ, My friend All the new employees and HR in Oil companies are 90% Yaibas, why, Ewu u forgot companies National HQs do these employments and everybody knows that my Yaribas brother are so selfish and tribalistic and they dont hide it. Aboki allow us in South handle our issues.

Mr Kayci you should know better than resort to misinformation and name calling.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2012
kayci_d77:

EEdiotic mallam, is lagos an oil producing State, Ondo stole EDO oil block courtesy OBJ, My friend All the new employers in Oil companies are 90% Yaibas why, Ewu u forgot companies National HQs do these employments and everybody knows that my Yaribas brother are so selfish and tribalistic and they dont hide it. Aboki allow us in South handle our issues.

The more you talk the more you demonstrate your stu.pidity. All Ondo oil blocks are offshore while Edo are onshore. The oil companies being a private venture would go to employ the best so they can get the maximum profit off their businesses. International companies DON'T care who is yoruba or who is idoma etc, they just want the right person for the job.

It was signed by all oil companies to employ 70 % NDs as in 1999 or so and it so happen that Yoruboid groups are part of ND and not necessarily Yoruba so who's fault is that ?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Standing5(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2012
@alj_harem, leave them alone. That's their lifestyle. . . Always twisting fact and deluding themselves. During the conflict in warri, around 2000, the companies were forced to leave becos they were being targetted.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2012
Osiris.212:

Alhaji, no need responding to that dehydrated goat. "IT" is very stup!d, I tell ya cool

Seriously the Jealousy and frustration some of these Igbos demonstrate here on the internet can be scary at times.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2012
Osiris.212:

ODE oshi, You must have graduated from yaba left and still given a lucrative job in O&G, why wont u boil. anyway i dont xchange words with little girls.  
And for you Ewu Awusa haram, Your BH brothers r doing d job for us, very soon it will be to your tent evrybody cool cool
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2012
No be una get Lagos again, why allow the Yaribas collect the jobs? Laff wan kill me for here grin chie!

Guy go and #occupy your spare parts shop in Alaba international. Lmao! Goat to ma wan follow work for multi-national shocked Odikwa serious.

Whatever happen to your selling pirated CD at computer village? cretins

kayci_d77:

EEdiotic mallam, is lagos an oil producing State, Ondo stole EDO oil block courtesy OBJ, My friend All the new employees and HR in Oil companies are 90% Yaibas, why, Ewu u forgot companies National HQs do these employments and everybody knows that my Yaribas brother are so selfish and tribalistic and they dont hide it. Aboki allow us in South handle our issues.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2012
kayci_d77:

ODE oshi, You must have graduated from yaba left and still given a lucrative job in O&G, why wont u boil. anyway i dont xchange words with little girls.  
And for you Ewu Awusa haram, Your BH brothers r doing d job for us, very soon it will be to your tent evrybody cool cool

You keep showing your stu.pidity. The yorubas, and ND are calling for SNC. Igbos are calling for One Nigeria because of cowardice so whatever you see at the end of the tunnel, deal with it !!!

That was how that silly Nnamdi made one Nigeria without a clause trying to ridicule the yorubas in the south(calling for fedralism) How did it end up ? Yes a civil war

Rather and lay down your pride, you go to ridicule those that think of no bad for you, well it would only end to your own demise. Fact !!!
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2012
Osiris.212:

No be una get Lagos again, why allow the Yaribas collect the jobs? Laff wan kill me for here grin chie!

Guy go and #occupy your spare parts shop in Alaba international. Lmao! Goat to ma wan follow work for multi-national shocked Odikwa serious.

Whatever happen to your selling pirated CD at computer village? cretins

Are you minding the goat ? They say Lagos is Igboland, no-mans-land, 70% of lagos is igbo etc all of a sudden it is now yoruba land etc

What a slap on our faces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash / GEJ Vows To End Theft Of Crude Oil / Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.