Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,254 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:37 AM

S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta (6213 Views)

Biafra: Army Plans To Relocate Headquarters To Aba / Unity Bank Plc Relocates Corporate Headquarters To Lagos / I Million South South Youths To March For Jonathan's 2015 Re-election Bid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2012
When they run out of stup!dity the turn around to accuse you of what they are known for. Do you still wonder why you Ibos find it very difficult to believe people? Because, it is in your very nature to cheat, decieve and lie in the face of small trust. There is no way you would trade with an Ibo without him trying to cheat you.

All my ID's are known to the mods and intelligent posters.

By the way. . . .
i o sono Rhino.5dm , capito?

kayci_d77:

Osiris.212 ( Female) = Alj Haram.
Now this pathetic dude wanna be a female, speaks so much of ur reasonings, using un-imaginable IDs
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2012
only foolish, shallow and mayopic people throw insults at tribes on every topic and there are a lot of them on nairaland
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by asorocker: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2012
Why are you people accusing igbos of everything thing , the person who made thisstatement in the newspapers is a Niger deltan , you can check him up in the newspapers.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
DaLover:

R the yorubas owners of the oil companies? what a question, obviously have never been inside an oil company in Nigeria. If you have then you wouldnt ask such a question, they dominate key positions in the private oil sector, in the govt oil sector, they combine with hausas to run the show, but zre we even saying that we dont want them to work there? no. The simple fair question is that the companies are located where the resources are, so that the locals can be presented with a better opportunity to influence economic, commercial decisions of the companies, how has this turned me into the igbo ghost who see in your nightmares?

Why on earth should akwa ibom people look with folded arms while major contracting decisions and employment opportunities are decided from lagos?

Oil company shocked shocked shocked you see how dumb you are.

[size=14pt]If shell and co employs a Nigerian who happen to be yoruba, WHO'S FAULT IS THAT ? The yorubas or shell ?[/size]
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
The way this Igbos evny, one would be scared shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

[size=14pt]If Aramco employs someone who happen to be Igbo, Is that alright or we should persecute igbos because an International companies employed someone from a group.[/size]
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem wats ur problem with igbos ur the most igbo hating person i've ever encounterd tongue
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
Da lover Igbo man, come and answer now

If we have international companies in Nigeria that employed an Igbo man, should we use our Jealousy to blame the Igbos because the international companies employed the Igbo person ?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
and are u really in anambra ? u get mind o
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
gegee:

alj harem wats ur problem with igbos ur the most igbo hating person i've ever encounterd  tongue

I do not hate them, but what they display here on Nairaland can make one really dislike them

They constantly show envy and now I am turning the question on its head so they can put themselves in other's shoes.

70% of Oil workers are NDs

but they are jealousy of the fact that Oil companies sometimes employ people from other ethnicity.

I really do not understand this phenomenon
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
70% of Oil workers are NDs

70% of oil workers are not ND believe me i work in an oil company

and the problem is that u keep generalising. if u have issues with a particular person then its that person u have issues with why will u turn it on the whole tribe.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
gegee:

70% of oil workers are not ND believe me i work in an oil company

and the problem is that u keep generalising. if u have issues with a particular person then its that person u have issues with why will u turn it on the whole tribe.

If Dalover and co have issues with a particular person then they should let the person know, if they generalise then I would also generalise. Tic for tac.

BTW, so what is the % of NDs in an oil company

also who are NDs ?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
i don't have exact figures oga alhaji and their are two concepts of the niger delta, the political ND and the geographical ND
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
gegee:

i don't have exact figures oga alhaji and their are two concepts of the niger delta,  the political ND and the geographical ND

very correct

Now I suppose the term geographical Niger-delta is the one used for employment right ?

If so, then this land termed as Niger-delta contain not only Igbos or Ijaws as Dalover would make us believe

Niger-delta starts from Ondo to abia etc

Now, as other would make us believe Ondo is not Niger-delta. Right !!

Lets start from Edo and Delta state

In those state there are yoruba and yorubiod groups which might be mistaken for SWerners at times

the current MD of NNPC is oniwon and watch as my Igbo brothers on Nairaland were calling him Yoruba but he was Ebira which is a yoruboid group.

You see the problem ?

An Itsekiri or Olukumi man named Kunle Adesunmi working in the Oil industry would be termed as yoruba people

A bini man named festus Ajao would be called Yoruba

Even though this people are not yoruba, but they would call them yoruba

I was a close friend to an Ilaje man from Warri sometimes ago. I asked him his state of origin, and he said Delta state.

is Delta state not Niger-delta again ?

The regional MD of shell is an Itsekiri man whose name is very similar to yoruba, but they would say it is the yorubas running the oil companies

My brother help us out, who's fault is it ?

The yorubas as Dalover was generalising or Delta state in the Niger-Delta?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by noiseless: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
[/b]@Slam7000, even though you tried too hard to make it look llike you are confronting alhj harem,but i don't buy that mombo jombo you are trying to hard to do,so deceive yourself and not anyone cause no matter your tricks you will be caught. So spare us that mombo jombo and come out like your very self alhj harem that you are and stop singing your praise with different IDs all the time.[b]
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
my people make una judge whether this na good bargain

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
s

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
ss

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
ss

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
st

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Gegee, do you think Lagosians and other Nigerians don't sympathises with the Niger-delta ? Saro Wiwa and Daka boro are only remembered in 2 zones in the federation today SW and SS

Don't make us the Bad people here, We have ALWAYS called for SNC before Ironsi made a unitary government. SNC where you keep your resources and keep your money. That is every Lagosian dream

Now you and others have forgotten so soon that lagos is a no-mans-land thus I don't still get why you are posting those pictures (comparing lagos to SS)

If you all actually believe Lagos was a no-mans-land and Igbo constitute 70 % of lagos then surly the comparison has no basis

Ben bruce is an Ijaw man, He could have built Silverbird in Balysea but he decided to make Silverbird group HQ is Lagos, Is that yoruba fault as well ?

Another example is Dangote, HQs are in Lagos

Innoson is an Igbo man, well he decided to make his HQ is Anambra, should we blame him or blame the Igbos for that ?

The HQ of any company can locate themselves whereever they want but trying to push the blame on groups of people is not the way to go about things.

Adenugu was originally from Ogun but put his HQ in Lagos, should we castigate him for that ?

Why not ask GEJ(an ijaw) to tell the companies to move their HQ to Balysea or wherever they please rather than shouting yoruba hausa up and down like my Igbo brothers here are doing.

I also want a diversify economy not everything in Lagos and Abuja. But right now if I am an investor and I am reading the rubbish Dalover and other SEerners are writting there is no way I can invest in such an area but I would believe they are tooo tribalistic and pretty for my liken.

That is the fact of life, the more friendlier you are, the safer it is.

I know of some HQs in Port harcourt, Warri and Bini-city all those are SS
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
Do you all see why I said this ?

really I don't understand so of you Igbo people, Ok lets be logical here

Yoruba man talking to an Igbo man on Nairaland

Oil belongs to the SS ---- Yes

Private company has branches in the SS---- Yes

Private company HQ is in Lagos ---- Yes

Tell GEJ to order the PRIVATE companies to put their HQ in Niger-delta ----- No answer It is the yarriba people doing it

Ok this means Lagos is yorubaland ----- NO

Ok Lagos is a "no-mans-land" ----- Yes

How come the no-mans-land is controlled by yarriba people ----- No it controlled by Igbos and we are 45-70% of lagos

Ok lets agree, Then surly the major benedictory's of this Oil companies are the Igbo ---- No

Why NO ? ----- because of the yarriba people

What have they done again ----- 99% of the oil companies employ yarriba people

Hmmmm, they were ordered to employ 70% ND and 30 % to the rest ------- Yarriba stop it

can you stop calling yarriba in everything ----- NO, because you people are dirty

anyway, are you aware that Ondo, Edo and Delta have yoruboid people in them are are mistaken for SW people --- No

what do you mean ? ----- There are no Yarriba in the ND, it is only Igbos and "other minorities"

Right, so what is the problem ----- Yarriba, yarriba yarriba people, etc

The obsession with Igbos is just crazy, I tell yall
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
This is wishing u a speedy recovery for ur paranoia, i honestly think it is getting the better of you, obviously u have refused to answer my questions in my previous post, telling us the md of shell is from delta state and we dont know the difference between itsekiris and yorubas,
population of itsekiri in delta state is not up to 200k and chevron and they have to battle chevron constantly to get for any little chances they have to work there, chevron would rather employ from lagos, there have been several publicized protest by itsekiris against this,
Urhobos and ibos form the major populations in delta state followed by ijaws and isokos before itsekiris.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 4:06am On Mar 09, 2012
DaLover:

This is wishing u a speedy recovery for ur paranoia, i honestly think it is getting the better of you, obviously u have refused to answer my questions in my previous post, telling us the md of shell is from delta state and we dont know the difference between itsekiris and yorubas,
population of itsekiri in delta state is not up to 200k and chevron and they have to battle chevron constantly to get for any little chances they have to work there, chevron would rather employ from lagos, there have been several publicized protest by itsekiris against this,
Urhobos and ibos form the major populations in delta state followed by ijaws and isokos before itsekiris.

Hmmm but Igbos are not the majority in Delta state and infact when people talk of delta state we talk of Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo being the majority. I wonder where you got Igbo from

anyway, Again you do not know the different between Itsekiri and Yoruba because if you do then you would know the top positions are reserved for Niger-delta people which might even be Akoko people or Apoi Ijaw

Are they not all Niger-delta ? Moreover as for the Itsekiris it is not the population that matters but the land they occupy (the avocados) where 70 % of delta state oil comes from.

Yes Itsekiris would protest even Ilajes who happen to be yorubas would protest if something does not favour them. Did this articule not mention "Ijaw/Itsekiri youths" ?

If something does not favour you, would you not protest ? Or do you think they are as tribalistic as you ?

Even Aworis can protest, Igbos can protest etc it has nothing to do ethnicity but about interest.

I hope I have answered your question ?

Now this are the top 3 people working in shell as of today, this is just to show you your hypocrisy

Chike Onyejekwe - Igbo from ENUGU, is he NOT even Niger-delta

Mutiu Sunmonu

Philip Mshelbila
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
Da lover shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So it is ok so long as it is Igbo that is running the thing not yorubas even though He is not from an Oil producing state ?

Hypocrisy and tribalism has killed you to the extent you had to call yourself SS. LOL

Na wa ooo

No be you wey get sharp mouth before ? all of a sudden MD of Shell Nigeria = Igbo Enugu, you kept shut ??

You see why I just look at people like you and laugh at those trying to reason with mumus like you ?

All you discussions are baised and lack sense.

what a waste of my time, fuuucking bigot
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2012
alhaji, drink water, relax wink wink
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2012
gegee:

alhaji,  drink water,  relax wink wink

No wahala my brother, I don cool down

To conclude this, I wish GEJ can do SNC where each region does their own thing and feed on their own IGR.

As for the Oil, Let Niger-delta have their Oil so we can have peace. It us unfair to keep taking oil from their land without any development.

This has nothing to do with Tribe or ethnicity, The Northern gov speak for themselves because they are theives and an average Northerner has not benefited from this Oil so please lets not tribalise the issue.

I remember when Cocoa was in the west, the Igbos were employed and yorubas did not kill the Igbos because of that.

Lets live in peace, Oil would finish one day, the question is what legacy have we left for our future generations if we start a civil war or genocide because of Oil  ?

As usual some would be quick to call others cowards but it is sense really, People need to start asking HOW MANY CIVIL WARS have China, America, Uk etc fought ?

Nigeria is the only country in this world begging for a war to happen. The northern Leaders have keep the people uneducated we as a people should reverse that thread by educating ourselves to the reality on ground
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

Hmmm but Igbos are not the majority in Delta state and infact when people talk of delta state we talk of Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo being the majority. I wonder where you got Igbo from

anyway, Again you do not know the different between Itsekiri and Yoruba because if you do then you would know the top positions are reserved for Niger-delta people which might even be Akoko people or Apoi Ijaw

Are they not all Niger-delta ? Moreover as for the Itsekiris it is not the population that matters but the land they occupy (the avocados) where 70 % of delta state oil comes from.

Yes Itsekiris would protest even Ilajes who happen to be yorubas would protest if something does not favour them. Did this articule not mention "Ijaw/Itsekiri youths" ?

If something does not favour you, would you not protest ? Or do you think they are as tribalistic as you ?

Even Aworis can protest, Igbos can protest etc it has nothing to do ethnicity but about interest.

I hope I have answered your question ?

Now this are the top 3 people working in shell as of today, this is just to show you your hypocrisy

Chike Onyejekwe - Igbo from ENUGU, is he NOT even Niger-delta

Mutiu Sunmonu

Philip Mshelbila

look at this boy ooo, so you want to turn truths on their head because you need to prove a point, na wa oooo,
I live in delta state and i am from there so stop shamelessly saying rubish, to top it, i work with an IOC there so i know where oils is from and where is not from,
urhobos are the largest group in delta state with 8lgas share warri central lga with ijaw and isekiris, igbos(anioma)are next even with 9lgas, ijaws are next with 3 lgas to themselves and share 3 warri lgas with isekiris, isokos have 2. while isekiris u claim are the majority dont even have a complete lga to themselves,

Majority of the oil in delta state is located in the ijaw and urhobo areas, chevron operates most of the isekiri fields and they are few in number,

stop the lies, we know you is who. there is no confusion here, oil companies shoukd relocate over here to give the communities better value
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 11:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
DaLover:

look at this boy ooo, so you want to turn truths on their head because you need to prove a point, na wa oooo,
I live in delta state and i am from there so stop shamelessly saying rubish, to top it, i work with an IOC there so i know where oils is from and where is not from,
urhobos are the largest group in delta state with 8lgas share warri central lga with ijaw and isekiris, igbos(anioma)are next even with 9lgas, ijaws are next with 3 lgas to themselves and share 3 warri lgas with isekiris, isokos have 2. while isekiris u claim are the majority dont even have a complete lga to themselves,

Majority of the oil in delta state is located in the ijaw and urhobo areas, chevron operates most of the isekiri fields and they are few in number,

stop the lies, we know you is who. there is no confusion here, oil companies shoukd relocate over here to give the communities better value

Can you stop your rubbish, Ogoni land has the highest oil reserves followed by Itsekiri land Avocados. Go do your research but coming here

Urhobo land has NO OIL

Anioma Land has no OIL

Agbor Land Has no Oil

Ilaje (10 %) Itsekiri (65%) and Ijaw (25 %) In the whole of delta state

Again go do your research.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by agbotaen: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
let me tell whoever said ika does not have oil to go and verify from federal government or state government records ika land has oil.
1. obi ayima and iduhon in abavo in ika south has oil, it was discovered in commercial quantity about 15 years ago, in agbor near ozanogogo oil and clay was also found.
2. in ute okpu in ika north east oil was also found ,but government has not started drilling and just last year government has given license to a company to build an oil flow station in owa-alidinma ,but this is generating controversy and we dont know where they want to build it now
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by agbotaen: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
most people on this web dont know what happens in delta state , delta north is not an entire igbo area as most people write and anioma is not an ethniciy yet. four groups or ethnic unit are in delta north ika , ndokwa, osimili and aniocha.
2. uhrobos are the single largest ethnic group in delta state,followed in population by ndokwas.then others .
the uhrobhos have eight local govt. , the ndokwas have three.
3. itsekiri and ijaws often share local governments like in warri-where they have some ijaws, even uhrobos and majorly itsekiris.
4. ika has two local govt- ika south in agbor and ika north east in owa.
5. you cannot classify uhrobo ,ijaw , isoko and itsekiri as one , they are four different ethnic group.
6. isoko has two
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by agbotaen: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
1. delta north has 9 local govt- the nine are not igbo local govts as i am ika and i am not igbo, neither does most of the towns in our local government say they are igbo. i am an owa man .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Invites Pensioners In Batches 43, 44 For Verification, Payment / Did I Just Receive Money From Federal Government? / Post-UTME: We Have No Problem With Our Server - UNIBEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.