Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta (6211 Views)

Biafra: Army Plans To Relocate Headquarters To Aba / Unity Bank Plc Relocates Corporate Headquarters To Lagos / I Million South South Youths To March For Jonathan's 2015 Re-election Bid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 07, 2012
alj harem:

The more you talk the more you demonstrate your stu.pidity. All Ondo oil blocks are offshore while Edo are onshore. The oil companies being a private venture would go to employ the best so they can get the maximum profit off their businesses. International companies DON'T care who is yoruba or who is idoma etc, they just want the right person for the job.

It was signed by all oil companies to employ 70 % NDs as in 1999 or so and it so happen that Yoruboid groups are part of ND and not necessarily Yoruba so who's fault is that ?

You see why I said you have block head, In Nigeria No state own Offshore locations. If you dont know ask me and i will educate you. My brother dont ague with me. u know nothing, Which Oyibo dey employ for Nigeria , I laugh you.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2012
kayci_d77:

You see why I said you have block head, In Nigeria No state own Offshore locations. If you dont know ask me and i will educate you. My brother dont ague with me. u know nothing, Which Oyibo dey employ for Nigeria , I laugh you.

I laugh at your stup.idity. If there is an oil block offshore that falls within the vicinity on/off the shore or a state, then it is within the state's control.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9YJngoo1c20zZTSgFE6WZLT4pA1kFblBjNvalJkNQ4wCUR0hOw[/img]
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by slam7000(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2012
quote from Alj harem,

Quote from: DaLover on Today at 09:22:01 AM
What exactly are you saying?? Alaye and OPC factions are fighting and destroying property in Lagos, should companies move out because of  that?

You think so much like an igbo uneducated ideeiot as always. Private companies are free to put their headquarters wherever they want. It has nothing to do with "Yoruba people"

You are getting worse sir,must you associate the post above with igbos, I thought thread has to do with S/S agitations to have some companies located to their region.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Demdem(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2012
its good to know that its an urge and not a must. They are not under any bound to move. They are private companies.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2012
slam7000:

quote from Alj harem,

What exactly are you saying?? Alaye and OPC factions are fighting and destroying property in Lagos, should companies move out because of  that?

You think so much like an igbo uneducated ideeiot as always. Private companies are free to put their headquarters wherever they want. It has nothing to do with "Yoruba people"

You are getting worse sir,must you associate the post above with igbos, I thought thread has to do with S/S agitations to have some companies located to their region.    

You are getting worse yourself, tell your people to stop getting involve in what does not concern them then I would not add them to any discussion.

Dalover is igbo even though he claims Isoko but cannot speak HIS language nor knows where Isoko is located.

If Igbos on Nairaland thing they can ridicule any group then they are in for a big shocker. Chekena
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by aljharem(m): 10:06am On Mar 07, 2012
Demdem:

its good to know that its an urge and not a must. They are not under any bound to move. They are private companies.

Gbammm, but they should move to warri or so. So that we can have peace, moreover more oil from those places.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by saintohia: 10:46am On Mar 07, 2012
People shld not argue blindly. All the oil producing countries I’ve been to normally site their head office in the state where they’re producing (drilling) most of their oil / gas (wells), good example is U.S.A.
The question is: why is Nigeria’s case different?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2012
na God know why im put crude oil for Niger delta. with wat i'm seeing from the comments if there was no oil, the people of the Niger delta could all drown in the Atlantic ocean and nobody would have given a hoot
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by slam7000(m): 11:10am On Mar 07, 2012
@alj harem,

You are getting worse yourself, tell your people to stop getting involve in what does not concern them then I would not add them to any discussion.

Dalover is igbo even though he claims Isoko but cannot speak HIS language nor knows where Isoko is located.

If Igbos on Nairaland thing they can ridicule any group then they are in for a big shocker. Chekena

I take lots silly comments i read here on nairaland from either igbo or yoruba with a pinch of salt cos i know they do not reflect the views of the ordinary man in the street.i read some stuffs here from people who supposed to be igbos,believe my friends and i see them as some sort of comic reliefs.i dont know how old you are but seems like every other person who frequent this site,if you are not careful,it,d seriously inflict negatively in your mind,i believe in freedom of speech but somethings here ought to be censored,it gets ugly sometimes which is quite unfortunate,i do enjoy reading your post which seems similar to osiris,i do enjoy reading dudu negro and i can swear that he isnt as ferocious in real life as he is here,too much nairaland isnt good for you,it can seriously mess with your head if you let it, i see people praising  boko haramites for "separating the heads from the shoulders"i see people criticising and getting sentimental about the likes of fashola and saying lots of stupids things about him and his govt cos of his tribe.i see the likes of EKO ILE dpoing the same especially when govs of S/E are mentioned with his trade mark headless chicken or how igbos will be chased out of lagos and bla bla bla.do i give a rat a.r.s.e about that, hell no, a friend has just bought a piece of land and has started building in festac.i will do same if i find one in the heart of kano cheesy. even though i knoe ONLYTRUTH will probably call me an idiot and possibly shoot me if he cld  grin.io dont give a Zap if you let things you read here affect you thats your wahala, if you find it pleasing calling igbos e.dioots.fine please yourself, its no skin of my nose, i only pity those igbos like me who either sometimes start these childish things or reply those who did.one thing i,ll say to you and all others is yall need to grow up.igbos who are into nairaland stupidity isnt up to 50,same as yoruba people or other tribes who contribute hiding under fake identities.so do not reflect the views of millions of others out there,the likes of fashola,okorochas are hugging and talking to each others daily,some others are here throwing banters,arguing blindly,whos better and whos worse off.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by ePUNK: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2012
i remember the late Ikemba Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's remark to the Late Ken Saro-Wiwa "Good Morning" meaning that the SS people are indeed just waking up from their slumber.

If they had educated themselves from the beginning of oil discovery in Nigeria, then maybe the situation would have been different.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by badmrkt(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2012
ePUNK:

i remember the late Ikemba Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's remark to the Late Ken Saro-Wiwa "Good Morning" meaning that the SS people are indeed just waking up from their slumber.

If they had educated themselves from the beginning of oil discovery in Nigeria, then maybe the situation would have been different.
it's a new dawn in SS.we'll surely take what belongs to us and now's the time.watch out bro!
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2012
alj harem:

I laugh at your stup.idity. If there is an oil block offshore that falls within the vicinity on/off the shore or a state, then it is within the state's control.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9YJngoo1c20zZTSgFE6WZLT4pA1kFblBjNvalJkNQ4wCUR0hOw[/img]

Hahahah, Ewu this 2012, the last time states own offshore location was b4 2000,I am in the industry and I am telling u. I will tell you all the offshore locations owned by Akwa Ibom b4 that are no more in their command and that time have more allocation than Riverseg  AKPO, EDIKAN,AMENAM, OFON, BONGO, USAN, etc they are all Federal Gov's.  Dont ague what u dont know Ewu hausa. cool
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by musiwa43: 11:38am On Mar 07, 2012
this is one of the ship shell uses to ship oil from aboard to nigeria at lagos. not from niger delta,   why will shell do that when shell import oil to nigeria from aboard through lagos.

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Yinkay: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2012
Who want the oil companies to be up a creek without a paddle (no pun intended) by relocating both operational and corporate base to the same area facing similar environmental threat, that means anytime kasala burst, it will be massive evacuation of staffs and their families from the area.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2012
Yinkay:

Who want the oil companies to be up a creek without a paddle (no pun intended) by relocating both operational and corporate base to the same area facing similar environmental threat, that means anytime kasala burst, it will be massive evacuation of staffs and their families from the area.

grin You got me cracking, Menh u need to move round Nigeria to know places, dont just sit on ur system and spew trash. Who told you PHC is in the creek, PHC is safer than Lagos that is a lagoon and also facing the Ocean, ask Japan and Indonesia the risk factor.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Yinkay: 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
Posted on: Today at 11:56:16 AM Posted by: kayci_d77
Insert Quote
Quote from: Yinkay on Today at 11:44:01 AM

You got me cracking, Menh u need to move round Nigeria to know places, dont just sit on ur system and spew trash. Who told you PHC is in the creek, PHC is safer than Lagos that is a lagoon and also facing the Ocean, ask Japan and Indonesia the risk factor.

Pls. check out the meaning of PUN or IDIOMS, Iam not refering to a physical creek like we have in the ND.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by fesse(f): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
Love the way things are going.In the near future, the almajiris and the hausa/fulani loyalists will know that "what is in the land, belongs to the owner".
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
You a are dolt! Stop lying!! If you know exxom mobil field as you claimed then tell me where is Erha plartform located? How many minutes flight will take me to Idaho-Usari-Oso plartforms. Don't was your time googling this STUFF.

NOTE: EEPNL is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil.

kayci_d77:

grin You got me cracking, Menh u need to move round Nigeria to know places, dont just sit on ur system and spew trash. Who told you PHC is in the creek, PHC is safer than Lagos that is a lagoon and also facing the Ocean, ask Japan and Indonesia the risk factor.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
. . .And what is in the deep waters nko? Belongs to the owners of the Ocean shocked

fesse:

Love the way things are going.In the near future, the almajiris and the hausa/fulani loyalists will know that "what is in the land, belongs to the owner".
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
Osiris.212:

You a are dolt! Stop lying!! If you know exxom mobil field as you claimed then tell me where is Erha plartform located? How many minutes flight will take me to Idaho-Usari-Oso plartforms. Don't was your time googling this STUFF.

NOTE: EEPNL is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil.

Hey r u seeking information from me, How am I sure you not OPC seeking information to hijack a platform. FYI Exxon Mobil HQ suppose to be in Eket Or Uyo not Lagos, cos thats where d onshore money com from.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Ejine(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
I dey laugh.
This useless abandoned corpse Alj Harem continues to show exactly how dumb, psychotic and obsessed with Southerners (especially Igbos) he can possibly be.
Why am I not surprised.

[size=20pt]Meanwhile, in the North. . . [/size]

Nigeria records fresh polio cases as India beats virus
Monday, 27 February 2012 00:00 By Chukwuma Muanya (with agency report) News - National

Lassa fever deaths abate

WITH the three remaining polio endemic countries – Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan – still grappling with the Wild Polio Virus (WPV), India was over the weekend officially taken off the list by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

According to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) Weekly Polio Update, Nigeria last week reported two new cases of type 1 WPV (WPV1s).

According to the GPEI, India has not had a case since January 13, 2011, in West Bengal.

The report stated: “One of the cases had onset of paralysis in 2012 (from Sokoto), bringing the total number of cases in 2012 to two. The other case had onset of paralysis in 2011 (from Zamfara), bringing to total number of cases in 2011 to 61. The most recent case had onset of paralysis on January 14 (WPV3 from Borno).

Security concerns remain in northern states with new attacks in Kogi, Yobe, Borno, and Abuja. Eleven ‘Stop Transmission of Polio’ (STOP) personnel arrived and were deployed. Sixteen short-term consultancy personnel arrived and were deployed into high-risk areas.

“A ‘Polio Free Torch Event’ was held successfully in Kebbi last week with the participation of the Sultan of Sokoto and of the state Governor. Supplementary immunisation activities were concluded last week (19-21 February), with further campaigns planned for 17-20 March. ”

Meanwhile, with no death from Lassa fever last week across the country, the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) may have put the disease under control.

Lassa fever has ravaged 12 states and killed 40 persons across the country in recent times.

Chief Epidemiologist at FMOH, Henry Akpan, told The Guardian in an exclusive interview yesterday that the government had set up rapid response team that had visited all the 12 affected states providing public education, surveillance and drugs for treatment.

Akpan said: “40 people have died from the disease. We have no new deaths for over a week now. Twelve states are affected but the most affected are Edo, Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, and Rivers. Lassa fever is common during the dry season. When people start farming, the burning of bushes causes the rats to run into homes and contaminate food and water. So the primary infection is from rats to man.

“It is not all rats that cause Lassa fever but multi-mammic rats that have plenty of breasts. We have set up rapid response team, which has been to all the affected states giving public education and drugs for treatment.”

On how to prevent the disease, the epidemiologist said: “Make sure you keep the environment clean, cover foods and water properly, block the rat holes and improve hygiene. Anybody with signs and symptoms fever should go to the hospital because the symptoms are similar to that of malaria.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78382:nigeria-records-fresh-polio-cases-as-india-beats-virus&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

While this moooron's home burns to ashes, his emaciated dumb assss is on the internet trying hard to dip his leprous fingers on issues regarding people who are FAR more advanced and naturally developed than his useless clan and ancestors of worthless, penniless nonentities could ever dream of.

So I say, clap for yourself.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by saintohia: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
Quote 4m Kayci_d77
Hey r u seeking information from me, How am I sure you not OPC seeking information to hijack a platform. FYI Exxon Mobil HQ suppose to be in Eket Or Uyo not Lagos, cos thats where d onshore money com from.

Kayci_d77: you’re right.
That’s 100% correct, which is also the way it’s done at XOM home country.
[b][/b]
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by pynkspyce: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
LMAO didnt they chase them out with insurgency? they should make up their minds abeg.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
slam7000:

quote from Alj harem,

What exactly are you saying?? Alaye and OPC factions are fighting and destroying property in Lagos, should companies move out because of that?

See how much of an idi0t you are, when someone speaks the bitter truth you call the person an Igbo, by your standards private oil companies can even operate from south Africa, there will just plant their riggs in Nigeria, then start commercial, contracting and employment from Jo'burg, Ok lets stoop to your low level thinking and acccept this thinking, what about a government concern, NAPIMs charged with the responsibility of managing the day to day expenditure of government on the JV? please come up with another low level explanation for this,

when you see an obviously wrong thing and you try to wrap all sorts of excuses around why it should be so, you end up f00ling yourself,

alj harem:

Please leave what I am and attend to what I am saying, your own fear of igbos self is becoming delusional, now every unknown element is classified as Igbo by you, I pity you sha, this is untold and unnecessary brain stress you are causing yourself.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by gegee(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ejiné (m)
Midwest, Nigeria

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta
« #52 on: Today at 02:17:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dey laugh.
This useless abandoned corpse Alj Harem continues to show exactly how dumb, psychotic and obsessed with Southerners (especially Igbos) he can possibly be.
Why am I not surprised.

Meanwhile, in the North. . .

Nigeria records fresh polio cases as India beats virus
Monday, 27 February 2012 00:00 By Chukwuma Muanya (with agency report) News - National

Lassa fever deaths abate

WITH the three remaining polio endemic countries – Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan – still grappling with the Wild Polio Virus (WPV), India was over the weekend officially taken off the list by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

According to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) Weekly Polio Update, Nigeria last week reported two new cases of type 1 WPV (WPV1s).

According to the GPEI, India has not had a case since January 13, 2011, in West Bengal.

The report stated: “One of the cases had onset of paralysis in 2012 (from Sokoto), bringing the total number of cases in 2012 to two. The other case had onset of paralysis in 2011 (from Zamfara), bringing to total number of cases in 2011 to 61. The most recent case had onset of paralysis on January 14 (WPV3 from Borno).

“Security concerns remain in northern states with new attacks in Kogi, Yobe, Borno, and Abuja. Eleven ‘Stop Transmission of Polio’ (STOP) personnel arrived and were deployed. Sixteen short-term consultancy personnel arrived and were deployed into high-risk areas.

“A ‘Polio Free Torch Event’ was held successfully in Kebbi last week with the participation of the Sultan of Sokoto and of the state Governor. Supplementary immunisation activities were concluded last week (19-21 February), with further campaigns planned for 17-20 March. ”

Meanwhile, with no death from Lassa fever last week across the country, the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) may have put the disease under control.

Lassa fever has ravaged 12 states and killed 40 persons across the country in recent times.

Chief Epidemiologist at FMOH, Henry Akpan, told The Guardian in an exclusive interview yesterday that the government had set up rapid response team that had visited all the 12 affected states providing public education, surveillance and drugs for treatment.

Akpan said: “40 people have died from the disease. We have no new deaths for over a week now. Twelve states are affected but the most affected are Edo, Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, and Rivers. Lassa fever is common during the dry season. When people start farming, the burning of bushes causes the rats to run into homes and contaminate food and water. So the primary infection is from rats to man.

“It is not all rats that cause Lassa fever but multi-mammic rats that have plenty of bosoms. We have set up rapid response team, which has been to all the affected states giving public education and drugs for treatment.”

On how to prevent the disease, the epidemiologist said: “Make sure you keep the environment clean, cover foods and water properly, block the rat holes and improve hygiene. Anybody with signs and symptoms fever should go to the hospital because the symptoms are similar to that of malaria.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78382:nigeria-records-fresh-polio-cases-as-india-beats-virus&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

While this moooron's home burns to ashes, his emaciated dumb assss is on the internet trying hard to dip his leprous fingers on issues regarding people who are FAR more advanced and naturally developed than his useless clan and ancestors of worthless, penniless nonentities could ever dream of.

So I say, clap for yourself.

LMBHO(lafin my big head off grin grin grin grin
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Gideonyte(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
Its very bad that many people on Nairaland comment on issues that they have hardly researched or know anything about!!! I guess its the way Nigerians have been brainwashed to think.

I really can't blame these people it's Obj's Land Use Act i blame!

The same people who flay the NigerDeltans for asking for the relocation of the HQs of oil companies to their area CANNOT come to the US, especially Texas, and tell Texans to their face that the oil on their land doesn't belong to them.

All oil companies operating in Texas have their HQ either in Houston or Dallas! So can we say the Texans are also stupid

Do Nigerians people really know that 85% of wells and 65% of oil production in the US are from "mom and pop" oil companies; i.e, privately owned Do Nigerians know that if as a Texan, oil is found on your land all you do is fold your arms and cross your legs and as high as 30% of GROSS REVENUE from the oil sales is yours OR if you have enough capital you can setup your oil company and CEO. Someone actually told me of a Nigerian who married an american and later found out that oil is on the land owned by his wife, that guy now is very wealthy now. Maybe we should start calling these Texans lazy and greedy people!!!

See even when it comes to recruitment into these oil companies here in Texas, goodness me they don't play with Texans!!!

I'm tired to stupid commments on Nairaland about NigerDeltans. Many need exposure!!!
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Osiris212(f): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
Stop exposing your ignorance over the internet. I know all the plartforms of exxon mobil . They are all located in offshore. E.g when I left Usari was producing 115 thousand barrels per day. The plartfom is located between Oso and Asabo plartform. 4 deck plartfrom.

EAP was the newest gas gathering plartform that was ushered in to gather gas cos the FG gave the Exploration companies upto 2010 to stop flaring then.

We are injecting gas to boost the pressure of Yoho reservior and a new FPO(floating producing and off-loading plartform) was just commissioned before I left.

From Enim, Ekpe, Usari,Idaho,Yoho,Inim,Etim,Oso,BOP,EAP,Edop to mention but few. I have been to all these plartfom from QIT in Ibeno LGA. I specifically ask you Erha to see whether you know what you are talking about, alas you just another air-head lying internet dolt. Talking about hijack, I laff at your stup!dity. I have been involved in the field way back from 2006 and still counting! There is no fun in it, only the money.

Bristol helicopters was what we are using to fly to offshore, they have 8 helicopters in service when I left, we used to take off from QIT, a place called helipad, just adjecent to the logistic office. There was an Incident that happen around late 2007 when we are about to go to offshore, An expertriate pilot crashed and die right infront of everybody, prelim investigatiion revealed that it was suicide cos he flew alone without co-pilot and against the flight officer. I have the pix.

The jokes is on you to prove your lying self . . , . .am waiting! Lol

kayci_d77:

Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by DaLover(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
Gideonyte:

Its very bad that many people on Nairaland comment on issues that they have hardly researched or know anything about!!! I guess its the way Nigerians have been brainwashed to think.

I really can't blame these people it's Obj's Land Use Act i blame!

The same people who flay the NigerDeltans for asking for the relocation of the HQs of oil companies to their area CANNOT come to the US, especially Texas, and tell Texans to their face that the oil on their land doesn't belong to them.

All oil companies operating in Texas have their HQ either in Houston or Dallas! So can we say the Texans are also silly

Do Nigerians people really know that 85% of wells and 65% of oil production in the US are from "mom and pop" oil companies; i.e, privately owned Do Nigerians know that if as a Texan, oil is found on your land all you do is fold your arms and cross your legs and as high as 30% of GROSS REVENUE from the oil sales is yours OR if you have enough capital you can setup your oil company and CEO. Someone actually told me of a Nigerian who married an american and later found out that oil is on the land owned by his wife, that guy now is very wealthy now. Maybe we should start calling these Texans lazy and greedy people!!!

See even when it comes to recruitment into these oil companies here in Texas, goodness me they don't play with Texans!!!

I'm tired to silly commments on Nairaland about NigerDeltans. Many need exposure!!!

This is the problem we face daily, people try all posible reasons to justify why the Ndelta economy should be run from lagos,
They first started with we are not educated enough,
then they talked ablot violence in the Ndelta,
Now they say we arenot good enuf to run the oil companies,

And they claim not to be evil.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Gideonyte(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Da Lover,

I used to work in an oil company in Nigeria and I tell you, most NigerDeltans are held in disdain by non-nigerdeltans. The cleaners, tea girls, gardners in the oil companies etc are from Niger delta while they are hardly found in the best positions in the oil companies themselves. I can't really start saying the things iv seen going on and how these people have been schemed out of things, You may get too angry if you hear some of these things.

Many Nigerians put logic on its head when they claim Niger Deltans are lazy from asking oil companies to place their HQ where they get resources, because its a given in developed countries!!! No debate about it for crying out loud. But ofcourse its only in Nigeria that things are terrible.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Gaskia: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nigeria is a very hypocritic country. Whatever is of benefit to me is right while what benefits others and not me is wrong. We have caused the niger deltans to become militants. It's absolutely difficult to watch wealth taken away from one's backyard for too long while those living with the wealth die in penury. If the oil was in a major zone like hausa fulani or yorubaland. The headquarters would be located there except if it were the igbos. They are in lagos because the SS are seen as minorities and weak. I am already thankful to them for allowing these resources to be used for all of us. The companies shd relocate to those states immediately and develop them. If not done soon nigeria may suffer later. If they are afraid of the social environment why are they not afraid of the oil? Imagine someone talking about them not having xperience, I think that is a careless insult on our brothers. If it's true then the companies shd go there and invest in human capacity devpt. Every part of nigeria can produce quality man power. Let's stop behaving like the spent generation who are tribally polarized. If they move to SS, my folks from middle belt, north and west and east will not be prevented from working there. What are they monitoring from lagos and abuja in these information technology age. This is just like our minister of education sending his children to school abroad. How then will he feel the decay in the school environment?
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by akinmax: 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
First of all Oil Company are  privately owned.They are free to site their company just any where they believe is good for the business. No government can coerce them.

Who will relocate company to where kidnapping is the order of the day,where militant  will even kill military personal, restive region.

Market factor, how many companies will prefer to go and do business in the creek, ??

Cost of doing business in N- delta, Where is the land to build the company in the creek, , even if it is built every month royalty from MEND will pursue the company.
Re: S-south Youths Urge Oil Firms To Relocate Headquarters To N-delta by Ufeolorun(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
The Federal Government is planning to spend a total of N305 billion to execute projects in the Niger Delta and run interventionist agencies for the region this year, an analysis of the 2012 budget has shown.
At least 29.6 per cent of region-based Federal projects for the year, valued at about N116.5 billion, will go to the six South-south states which are among the nine Niger Delta states, according to an analysis by a House of Representatives caucus.
In addition to this, the Niger Delta region will benefit from a number of other the Federal allocations through the interventionist ministry, the NDDC agency and the Amnesty programme to the tune of about N189 billion.

Out of this figure, the Niger Delta Development Commission will get a statutory transfer of N54.69 billion, the Ministry of Niger Delta will receive nearly N60 billion and N74 billion has been budgeted for the Amnesty programme for ex-militants.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201203050588.html

And the greed continuous.please lets pay more attention to the  laulau allocation on amnesty alone.This resource control issue has now turned a joke.
Enough of the greed-fest.
You should know that this allocation will be called into question when Jonathan is finally pushed out of Aso rock,to counter the the usual talk of  of being marginalized.
The oil companies know why they moved and they wont be going back anytime soon,fact!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Say Hello To The Man Of The Moment (pictures) / Must See How Southerners Plan To Disappoint GEJ Tomorrow!! (photo) / Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.