Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,537 members, 7,972,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:28 PM

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? (185780 Views)

Why Are They So Many White People In Accra? / Why Are White People Claiming Africa ? / South Africa Is Racist Towards White People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (162) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

Yeah, but Nigeria's very existence is one big crime.
Lol... Now you are trying to understand what I am going on about here. If you have been following my comments from the onset you would see I state things the way they are. I only respond to the title of the thread that leads to many disagreement that ensues what we are now debating about with some discourses.

The truth of the matter is the development of that society is the handwork of the white people and that must be commended as fact before any thing else. As such, many South Africans tend to shy away from it and labeled anybody who agrees with such fact as inferior and worshiping white people. That is what I cannot relate with in most of the comments that want the white people removed out of the picture.

Yes, Nigeria has a huge problems and there is no doubt about that. But, it is not what the thread is all about. It is absolutely palpable how this thread come to be with the ornery and bragging nature of most black South Africans who post on this forum.

However, there is nothing wrong talking about such thing if not that black South Africans have some skeleton to hide in their closet.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 23, 2013
TerryCarr: If South Africa did not wish to become completely cut off from the rest of the African continent, she had to sustain associations with it, starting, of course, with mutual economic support. Vorster persisted with this strategy and built good relationships with a number of independent African states.

In 1967, Vorster proffered technological and fiscal counsel gratis to any African state prepared to receive it, asserting that absolutely no political strings were attached. He gave great attention to financial facets, aware of the fact that many African states were very run-down and would require financial aid in spite of their rebuffing of South Africa's racial principles. Malawi and Lesotho were the first countries to enter discussions with the NP government. Angola and Mozambique soon followed.

One of the first steps to take in initiating dealings was to convene with the heads of these African countries. Here Vorster worked decidedly contrary to Verwoerd's policies. Where Verwoerd had declined to get together and engage in dialogue with such leaders as Abubakar Tafawa Balewa of Nigeria in 1962 and Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia in 1964, Vorster, in 1966, met with the heads of the states of Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana. There was still mutual suspicion, however, particularly after Vorster's denunciation of the Lusaka Manifesto in 1969. Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland stayed candid critics of apartheid, but they hinged on South Africa's economic aid. This was inclusive of pecuniary credit and the fact that many natives from these states worked the South African mines.

Malawi was the first country not on South African borders to accept South African aid. She identified the monetary benefits of such a deal, for there were also many Malawians working in South African mines. In 1967, the two states delineated their political and economic relations, and, in 1969, Malawi became the only country at the assembly which did not sign the Lusaka Manifesto. In 1970, Malawian President Hastings Banda made his first and most successful official stopover in South Africa.

Associations with Mozambique followed suit and were sustained after that country won its sovereignty in 1975. Angola was also granted South African loans. Other countries which formed relationships with South Africa were Liberia, Côte d'Ivoire, Madagascar, Mauritius, Gabon, Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo), Ghana and the Central African Republic. These African states criticised apartheid (more than ever after South Africa's denunciation of the Lusaka Manifesto), but fiscal reliance on South Africa, together with fear of her armed potency, resulted in their forming the aforementioned ties.
That is kinda history. Such aid is not a transformation as your intended it to be at the onset. Nevertheless, such aid has been carried out before by many nations in Africa. From Zimbabwe to Nigeria. All have also given aid to SA during the Apartheid regime.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

He said "Africans". You're African. No problem here.
Yep!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 23, 2013
zetdee: I head a Nigerian man claim on the radio, that Nigerians who are drugs dealers in SA don't care about being caught, because a SA prison is still far better than living in Nigeria. Look at the story below.

www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2013/05/23/laptop-for-convicted-drug-dealer-nabolisa
Like one of your business men claimed Nigerian is safer than SA to do business? Link HERE
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

Maybe, but who cares? Every country owes its development to history. What's Nigeria done with its blackness? Kill her own?
What part of Nigeria are you originally from?
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: Black owned from black empowerment process in SA by black government. MTN is known today due to the Nigerian market, you should get that right than trying to bite the hand that feeds your MTN, my friend !

Yes black empowerment is working, there'll be more MTNs riping Nigerians and making SA rich and growing our brands to a world market, SA will always be ahead of Nigeria.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:17pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: What part of Nigeria are you originally from?

I'm not from Nigeria.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

I'm not from Nigeria.
I mean to say what part of Nigeria is your father originally from?
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 23, 2013
zetdee:

Yes black empowerment is working, there'll be more MTNs riping Nigerians and making SA rich and growing our brands to a world market, SA will always be ahead of Nigeria.
Yes, you are right! South Africa will always be ahead for the simple reason of the white people of that society, not because of blacks!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: Like one of your business men claimed Nigerian is safer than SA to do business? Link HERE

I've seen that, do you think someone making money of you wouldn't be say that, all south Africans in Nigeria have bodyguards with them.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:24pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: Lol... Now you are trying to understand what I am going on about here. If you have been following my comments from the onset you would see I state things the way they are. I only respond to the title of the thread that leads to many disagreement that ensues what we are now debating about with some discourses.

The truth of the matter is the development of that society is the handwork of the white people and that must be commended as fact before any thing else. As such, many South Africans tend to shy away from it and labeled anybody who agrees with such fact as inferior and worshiping white people. That is what I cannot relate with in most of the comments that want the white people removed out of the picture.

Yes, Nigeria has a huge problems and there is no doubt about that. But, it is not what the thread is all about. It is absolutely palpable how this thread come to be with the ornery and bragging nature of most black South Africans who post on this forum.

However, there is nothing wrong talking about such thing if not that black South Africans have some skeleton to hide in their closet.

It doesn't matter who developed nations. If they're bragging it's cause you deserve it. Starting a thread like this when you live in a tree house. There isn't a single nation that doesn't have a history. Everyone owes something to colonization and conquest. Just tone down the jealousy and fix your crumbling cave.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:29pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: I mean to say what part of Nigeria is your father originally from?

My father was born in Ibadan, but left as a young man, just before his 23rd birthday.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:30pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: Yes, you are right! South Africa will always be ahead for the simple reason of the white people of that society, not because of blacks!

And Nigeria will be behind because of its blacks. In the end, no one cares what the reason is for SA's success. It's a success story. No need to worry about it.

What matters is the reason for Nigeria's failure.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 23, 2013
zetdee:

I've seen that, do you think someone making money of you wouldn't be say that, all south Africans in Nigeria have bodyguards with them.
What an excuse! This is what I cannot understand about South Africans comments here. When it is about Nigeria it instantly becomes brainwashing and when it is SA it is rightly said.

Please, get off from quoting my comments if you have nothing meaningful to say.

Thank you.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

And Nigeria will be behind because of its blacks. In the end, no one cares what the reason is for SA's success. It's a success story. No need to worry about it.

What matters is the reason for Nigeria's failure.
What is the fuss all about when nobody care? It is very clear the inferiority among blacks as indigenous people is very high. I am beginning to understand the reason for the high animosity between one another in that society.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

My father was born in Ibadan, but left as a young man, just before his 23rd birthday.
You have origin linked to Nigeria. That you cannot deny here. My father is from Ibadan all rather Oyo as well.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:35pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: What is the fuss all about when nobody care? It is very clear the inferiority among blacks as indigenous people is very high. I am beginning to understand the reason for the high animosity between one another in that society.

The fuss is about your hate, when you are perched in a lake of *** that is Nigeria. That's the fuss. Your devilish jealousy - of a sister nation that wiped your nose clean.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:35pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: You have origin linked to Nigeria. That you cannot deny here. My father is from Ibadan all rather Oyo as well.

I never denied it.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

The fuss is about your hate, when you are perched in a lake of *** that is Nigeria. That's the fuss. You devilish jealousy - of a sister nation that wiped your nose clean.
When did stating facts become jealousy? I can not understand your argument here. Please, clarify us all about what you are talking about.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: What an excuse! This is what I cannot understand about South Africans comments here. When it is about Nigeria it instantly becomes brainwashing and when it is SA it is rightly said.

Please, get off from quoting my comments if you have nothing meaningful to say.

Thank you.

If it's so safe why do they have bodyguards, while in SA they go without them. Maybe it's because Nigerians treat a white men like God, while in SA all people are equal.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

I never denied it.
Okay. Now, you are less concerned about your root which will always rare its head in any place you find yourself. There is no nation without bad sides to it. It takes you and I to make changes you are talking about. You are running from your responsibility ,hun. It won't help matters.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:41pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: When did stating facts become jealousy? I can not understand your argument here. Please, clarify us all about what you are talking about.

Denying that SA gave you civilization isn't stating facts. Your path to stating facts starts with admitting that Nigeria is a mess and that South Africa civilized you. You do that and everyone will agree that you're stating facts.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:44pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: There is no nation without bad sides to it.

If you know that, then clean up Nigeria's many bad sides and leave South Africa out if it. They didn't make Nigeria a ball of hateful tribalistic goo.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 23, 2013
zetdee:

If it's so safe why do they have bodyguards, while in SA they go without them. Maybe it's because Nigerians treat a white men like God, while in SA all people are equal.
HOLY Moses, pleas, divide the red sea for us to get to Israel! It is like saying it is very safe in hell not to get burnt. Lol... With all the crimes and xenophobia in SA you said fatcats don't move with bodyguards. You must be in another SA, not the one we know of exist in Africa. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:46pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: HOLY Moses, pleas, divide the red sea for us to get to Israel! It is like saying it is very safe in hell not to get burnt. Lol... With all the crimes and xenophobia in SA you said fatcats don't move with bodyguards. You must be in another SA, not the one we know of exist in Africa. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool

But Nigeria itself is a crime. If Nigeria weren't a crime, there's be no war from the North and there's be no war from the Delta. Busy talking about social ills when your country is a continental ill.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

If you know that, then clean up Nigeria's many bad sides and leave South Africa out if it. They didn't make Nigeria a ball of hateful tribalistic goo.
You are still very un-American to me though. You don't really look like somebody with an open mind to address matter. It is obvious that you are very good in taking sides. It is Okay for you that South Africans can come around to make mockery of Nigerians in a Nigerian forum and not right the other way round.

Please, don't quote me again, if that is your stand on this matter!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 9:52pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: You are still very un-American to me though. You don't really look like somebody with an open mind to address matter. It is obvious that you are very good in taking sides. It is Okay for you that South Africans can come around to make mockery of Nigerians in a Nigerian forum and not right the other way round.

Please, don't quote me again, if that is your stand on this matter!

Why should I care what you think about me? You need to hear the truth so you can unshackle yourself from your bondage of jealousy. I won't side with Nigerian rubbish just because my father was born there.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

But Nigeria itself is a crime. If Nigeria weren't a crime, there's be no war from the North and there's be no war from the Delta. Busy talking about social ills when your country is a continental ill.
You are not really getting the point here. I don't have to blame you for that. It is completely correct Nigeria is crimes ridden nation but not as SA.

This your particular comment only addresses the matter from a single aside while leaving the South African perspective on Nigerians and Nigeria in this forum out of it. I think you don't really know what is happening here.

I hope you will have to search for threads on SA forum on what they talk about Nigerians. Please, leave me out of your sentimental mission. I am not going to be a part of that.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 23, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

Why should I care what you think about me? You need you hear the truth so you can unshackle yourself from your bondage of jealousy. I won't side with Nigerian rubbish just because my father was born there.
It is fine with me. That would be the day. Don't quote me again.

Thank you.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by ComaBerenices(f): 10:03pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: You are not really getting the point here. I don't have to blame you for that. It is completely correct Nigeria is crimes ridden nation but not as SA.

This your particular comment only addresses the matter from a single aside while leaving the South African perspective on Nigerians and Nigeria in this forum. I think you don't really know what is happening here.

I hope you will have to search for threads on SA forum on what they talk about Nigerians. Please, leave me out of your sentimental mission. I am not going to be a part of that.

The only person that's not getting the point is you. The point is you can hardly point fingers and you're making everyone look bad. The point is your attitude is the first thing that meets a successful Nigerian in Nigeria - jealousy. Now you want to export this. Why? So you can feel you've cut "the bragging South Africans" down? The only thing you're cutting down is Nigeria's image. Inviting unnecessary scrutiny with your loudness - and then failing to meet your high standards.

That's the point.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 23, 2013
South Africa is a nation developed by the white people of that society. It will be far worse than SOMALIA without the whites. PERIOD!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by TerryCarr(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2013
all4naija: You are not really getting the point here. I don't have to blame you for that. It is completely correct Nigeria is crimes ridden nation but not as SA.

This your particular comment only addresses the matter from a single aside while leaving the South African perspective on Nigerians and Nigeria in this forum out of it. I think you don't really know what is happening here.

how so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (162)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / Gov. / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.