Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,394 members, 7,926,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23079 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by somegirl1: 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
luckgames:

Your dumb ass
My first post you commented on B
To assume is to give once opinion
Back to my first post

Some through no fault of theirs are not very clever
Sad
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by luckgames(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
some-girl:

Some through no fault of theirs are not very clever
Sad

Thanks Clever girl
Dumb B
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Trimia(f): 11:10am On May 03, 2012
@poster so if a man harasses you on the road you would thank him because you are not his 'equal'? Spare us the bullshit. The man is the head of the home, a woman must subject herself to her husband and her husband only. Why would i raise my daughters to feel inferior to thier brothers when i don't even feel inferior to thier father. Thats rubbish, i wonder if thats how your mother raised you. (its a simple observation not an insult)

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 4:05pm On May 03, 2012
Trimia: @poster so if a man harasses you on the road you would thank him because you are not his 'equal'? Spare us the bullshit. The man is the head of the home, a woman must subject herself to her husband and her husband only. Why would i raise my daughters to feel inferior to thier brothers when i don't even feel inferior to thier father. Thats rubbish, i wonder if thats how your mother raised you. (its a simple observation not an insult)

go and take a very chilled bottle of coke cause u will need it.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2012
Its interesting to see the comments of those women preaching equality on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/928790/supposed-pay-wedding
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Johndoe100(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2012
dayokanu: Its interesting to see the comments of those women preaching equality on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/928790/supposed-pay-wedding

Were you by any chance expecting consistency?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Trimia(f): 5:58pm On May 03, 2012
taryour:

go and take a very chilled bottle of coke cause u will need it.
need it for what?. Pls talk sense here and don't deviate
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 9:51pm On May 03, 2012
Trimia: need it for what?. Pls talk sense here and don't deviate

u certainly will need it after so much anger. Y did u involve my mother? Do u know me from anywhere? Besides no matter how angry u are or d amount of anger u vent here,it wunt change d truth nd simple fact that MEN AND WOMEN ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE EQUAL... But dat does not mean i would keep quite n stare wen a man harasses me in public,i sure will dish him wot he deserves...

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Obinoscopy(m): 2:37am On May 04, 2012
Thats my girl! :DThats my girl!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by agiboma(f): 3:01am On May 04, 2012
Johndoe100: It always amuses me when I see the internet Nigerians comingon here to pretend as if we live and operate in the same cultural enviroment, and of course this is without question the whiteman's culture. What is the Nigerian perspective on this issue, not what is right in Australia or America or Europe. How does a woman in the north, a devout muslim see all this? Why can't any of these issues be real, yes real. Do Nigerians consider women and men equal? Or is it Australians and Americans that live in Nigeria?
I think that it is safe to conclude that by culture and religion and practice, here in Nigeria women are NOT equal to men. Does that mean they are not appreciated, cannot achieve what they want? No, just that men are MEN and women are their second in command.

well said most insightful post wink wink wink on the thread
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Truthdispensar: 9:50am On May 04, 2012
Im so surprise to find the empty facts you have use to defend yor claim that ladies are inferior to the guys. Pls dont go to the great britain to express this view(the queen reigns supreme). Its easy for you to say that God said so, since none of us can go and ask God such. You need to back up this your claim with a more salient point. IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD, THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY A BABARIOUS NATION WHO APPRAISE SLAVERY, HUMAN SACRIFICE(in the case of Jefta and his daughter, Abraham and Isaac, and lastly JESUS CHRIST), WAR OF ESTAMINATION. GOD NEVER SAID WOMEN ARE SUBJECTIVE TO MEN, THE SELFISH JEWS WROTE THAT IN THEIR "INSPIRED BOOK". The male need the female to be alive while the female also need the male to be alive. NO MAN, NO WOMAN. NO WOMAN NO MAN. What other equality exist than these. Dont just talk, think PLEASE!!!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by yeyeruzi: 11:08pm On May 10, 2012
If A is not equal to Z does that mean Z is superior to A or vice versa?

I'm surprised that most women with feminist exposure
bring up the words "inferior and superior" when the phrase "not equal" is being stated in gender isues. We are built for different roles that most suit our physique and psyche.

A woman is not equal to her female child. One is the mother and the other is the daughter. Which of them is superior? The more learned independent mother or the less sinful but dependent child? You can see how disgusting this is when things like this blow up into a hot arguement. They are obviousely not equal even as females yet none is inferior or superior.

When women assert I do something against my own ease and responsibility and tell me to behave like a man or something similar, I ask them if they haven't heard about GENDER EQUALLITY.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by breathing(f): 8:54am On May 11, 2012
Yeyeruzi makes a good case in my opinion.

I think some people have deliberately misunderstood the OP, just to make their own argument.

I think every good mother when bringing up her children should make a distinction between the boys and the girls, because there really are distinctions. Not as to who is superior or inferior, but as to who is different.

Both are definitely not equal, the male child is stronger and the female weaker. Both shouldn't fight, buh if by chance they fight, as they are sure to do, and the girl hits the boy first, dont you teach the boy not to hit back, and dont you teach him this because they are not equal. Or do you ask him to hit back so he doesn't feel 'inferior'.

As for the boys, 4 instance, they are born with this kinda ego, that when a woman constantly slaps them or pats them playfully on the head like she does with her girl friends, they feel emasculated, and when you continously make men feel emasculated, they tend to avoid you and even more, one can never have a good marriage with an emasculated man. So female children are taught to respect a man's ego.

These are some of the distinctions every good mother must make, it doesn't make anyone inferior. I say this cuz i grew up among just sisters (i have just one brother and he is still little).

So i really didn't get to learn about this inequality and i had a tough time learning that i had to treat a man different from how you treat a woman, and until i learnt it, i didnt have a good relationship with men.

And i, in turn, dont expect men to treat me like they treat their fellow men because we are not equal, i am not inferior, buh i am the weaker vessel. I expect to be treated better, and more delicate.

As for the women who have become feminists because of what men did to them, well, that's just living their lives with lots of bitterness, which they are obviously gonna pass on to their daughters. Women have a hard time letting go of bitter feelings and they don't mind passing it on to the third generation, but this shouldn't be the case, people should learn to let go of bitter feelings, and live healthy realistic lives.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 12:26pm On May 11, 2012
breathing: Yeyeruzi makes a good case in my opinion.

I think some people have deliberately misunderstood the OP, just to make their own argument.

I think every good mother when bringing up her children should make a distinction between the boys and the girls, because there really are distinctions. Not as to who is superior or inferior, but as to who is different.

Both are definitely not equal, the male child is stronger and the female weaker. Both shouldn't fight, buh if by chance they fight, as they are sure to do, and the girl hits the boy first, dont you teach the boy not to hit back, and dont you teach him this because they are not equal. Or do you ask him to hit back so he doesn't feel 'inferior'.

As for the boys, 4 instance, they are born with this kinda ego, that when a woman constantly slaps them or pats them playfully on the head like she does with her girl friends, they feel emasculated, and when you continously make men feel emasculated, they tend to avoid you and even more, one can never have a good marriage with an emasculated man. So female children are taught to respect a man's ego.

These are some of the distinctions every good mother must make, it doesn't make anyone inferior. I say this cuz i grew up among just sisters (i have just one brother and he is still little).

So i really didn't get to learn about this inequality and i had a tough time learning that i had to treat a man different from how you treat a woman, and until i learnt it, i didnt have a good relationship with men.

And i, in turn, dont expect men to treat me like they treat their fellow men because we are not equal, i am not inferior, buh i am the weaker vessel. I expect to be treated better, and more delicate.

As for the women who have become feminists because of what men did to them, well, that's just living their lives with lots of bitterness, which they are obviously gonna pass on to their daughters. Women have a hard time letting go of bitter feelings and they don't mind passing it on to the third generation, but this shouldn't be the case, people should learn to let go of bitter feelings, and live healthy realistic lives.

OMG!!! U ARE BLESSED .... Bravo, very very good post my dear
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by lastpage: 10:07am On May 13, 2012
^^^^^I have read some women here-in (not the bitter ones) and obviously, all hope is not lost!

Our children will learn at the foot of such "good women and fitting Mothers!
Big-Up to "yeyeruzi" and "breathing" (Insightful woman. )kiss

Lastpage!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by agiboma(f): 12:49pm On May 13, 2012
breathing: Yeyeruzi makes a good case in my opinion.

As for the women who have become feminists because of what men did to them, well, that's just living their lives with lots of bitterness, which they are obviously gonna pass on to their daughters. Women have a hard time letting go of bitter feelings and they don't mind passing it on to the third generation, but this shouldn't be the case, people should learn to let go of bitter feelings, and live healthy realistic lives[i][/i].

very well said the entier post but i liked the highlighted part best. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 8:59pm On May 14, 2012
agiboma:

very well said the entier post but i liked the highlighted part best. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

my dear u can say dat again..
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by SMGOO7: 12:21pm On May 20, 2012
jennykadry:

Any female daughter of mine is raised to believe that she is the best thing that can ever happen to a man, she is raised to believe she is beautiful, intelligent and can get to any height she wants to get to without anybody's help. I am raising them to believe in themselves, I want them to have a good self esteem and feel so good about themselves, are you kidding me? the way they are beginning to carry themselves sef, no way do they look like people that will be stepped on

But at the same time, they have to realize that respect comes first before anything, they have seen the way mummy talks to daddy, mummy does not just get things because she thinks she can afford it, mummy gets things because SHE IS IN AGREEMENT WITH DADDY TO GET THAT THING. Mummy refuses to buy what she likes sometimes because daddy is not in support of it and does not want it in his house. YES mummy has said "Baby please" not once and not twice to daddy to be on board with her if and when she wants something and daddy on the other hand has made it clear that he will not do anything without mummy supporting him, he will not make a major decision without mummy. Daddy has also shown them that some of today's success was as a result of mummy's opinion and advise.

Need I say more?
For d 1st time, am impressed wit u. I look forward to readig more of dis side of u.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hmmmm!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Kidandp: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
tiniyata: come to think of it, if women were equal to men, why then do men pay bride price (buy women) why do women rarely ask men out, why do women open their legs to be fukked, why do women carry whats given to them( pregnancy) why do women always make up (so as to sell their market), why are women lazy naturally, why are women shorter than men, why do they ask men to kiss their bride(and not the other way round) why do women women have curves(cos they are a piece of work to be bought) why do women get old easily, why do women have menopause , why do women answer their husband/ fathers name (why not sarah natasha)why were women created from men why , why, why ? ?, the list is endless............women are the second best on earth, its not that they are not needed, women are wonderful piece of work created by God to help a man (serve)and not to be the master. I love women and i love my baby cos she respects me alot and would not want to be my master unlike some ill-bred divorcees and no good dumpee's here who want to spoil the minds of unsuspecting spinsters here on NL

Your mentality actually frightens me. So you feel bride price is actually buying a woman? a human being bought? men ask women out because it is culturally. Open legs to be fukked? dude really? I pity any woman or girl who have a sexual intercourse with you because to you is about domination not pleasure or making of love between two people to quench their primal desires, where is she suppose to open her ears? so don't you know the difference between different and unequal. Pregnancy? do you forget you came from a woman, so women being pregnant is inferiority right? your mum will be so proud of you, she should have aborted your ass oor swallowed you during a Mouth Action.A woman carrying and bringing forth a life is why she is special and unique in some religions because of that aspect the even see them as superior because that give, the role of bringing a life and nurturing it but some religions see it as her being inferior because I don't know when pregnancy is now seen as a curse knowing both male and female result from it. Make up? its a feminine doing, you want to confuse beauty for equality, so you mother and sisters sell market? why are women shorter than men? idiot they are different between what do you have to say about some short men who some women aRE taller than. They tell men kiss your bride because it is cultural, a man invented it. Why do women have curves? why do men have balls? because they were created that way. It is feminine nature, so your mom is a piece of work to be bought? where was she displayed ebay or amazon or na yaba market. She should have swallowed mehn, woman who went through hell for you, this is what you think of her and people like her. Menopause is nature intended daft fool, women answer their dad's name because it is a culture men invented, you heard of the word 'patriachy' yes that's y male are favoured, a cultural system invented by men for men. No way you don't love your baby or woman or subhuman whatever you call her because if you did you wuldn't degrade and condemn her biological functions as if it is a curse or dirty to be rejected functions because that is what makes her who she is 'woman' you should appreciate her but since women's function are rubbish and men are the superior, men should Bleep themselves, go use your anus tongue
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by MrsChima1(f): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Who said a man and a woman would never be equal

Just because a man was created first doesn't make him superior over anything nor anyone.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by bukatyne(f): 1:41am On Sep 01, 2012
@OP: if u understand the mystery of the married union as established by God, u'll know that there's nothing like inequality even in marriage
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
bukatyne: @OP: if u understand the mystery of the married union as established by God, u'll know that there's nothing like inequality even in marriage

realy

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
taryour:

realy
yes, really. read freshera's posts on the first/second page, he/she did justice to this topic. u can have ur person opinion but please don't misquote the Bible to prove a point. the Bible never stated anywhere that a man and a woman are not equal. thanks
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 1:34am On Nov 01, 2013
whats the thread about?

apples and oranges, imo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? / How Did You Feel After Your First Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.