Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23024 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by angelhair(m): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2012
afam4eva: It's really funny though. I wonder why those ladies that go about shouting gender equality don't climb the roof to fix a leaking zink or fix a faulty electrical appliance or even fight on behalf of their husbands. It just shows that their idea of equality only pertain to things that will favour them.

Little do you know. I am better at fixing electricals than most men I know. I do it because I was taught how to just like my brothers were taught. No one is more equal than anyone. We are perfect the way we are.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this girl will not kill me o
oya, we don hear, get ur arse in d kitchen and prepare me akpu, while i watch chelsea vs tottenham
See ur mouth like 'akpu' cme nd eat fud dat wil kil u, stop living in the past,though our society is based on the thinkings dat men ought to lead while women follow it is wrong,d fact nd truth is men and women are equal,no scrubs bout it.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
i love d posts freeera posted! it shows he/she is very intelligent. he/she has said it ALL! i always wonder when d issue of equality come up, men always think that a woman wants to be rude etc etc. could it be b'cos deep down they know they re not treating women well wit respect? as a christian, i see myself equal wit al men BUT i don't see that as a licence to be rude or disrespectful! afteral, al christians should strive to exhibit d fruits of d Holy Spirit which re love, peace, joy, tolerance, kindness, patience, longsuffering, temprance n faith. let us note it didn't say christian men or christian women! so as a christian woman that believes that i m equal to a man, if i have d fruit of d Spirit, i ll have respect for al human beings n have no problems wit anyone!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
If I got the op right, I don't think by training her daughters to believe that they are not equal with their brothers or other males she doesn't mean "beating" them into low self esteem. I believe that women are never equal to men by that I meant that ladies are special set of people whom should in all circumstances be treated not less than you treat a princess. That was the special place given to them by both tradition and religion. But with civilization, women in the name of being equal with men are giving up those rights on daily basis. Haven said that, I have to point out that men a times do abuse the privileges given to them which in turn turns these women into what they have become today. If only women could be women and men be real men and treat women like "ola-edo" I think we would still have our family system intact.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2012
The poster is just trying to say men and women have different roles/niches in the family/home , society , work and even in the church , one is not superior over the other but there has to be a leader.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by faboulicious(m): 12:17am On Apr 16, 2012
@poster d man is d head of a home n d woman (d responsible ones) is d heart of d same home.we both need one another to function well as a unit, i dont believe one is inferior to d other. subjective yes inferior no.shikena
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by somegirl1: 12:19am On Apr 16, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

A man is the head of HIS wife not other people's wives and all women.
A woman is to submit to HER husband and not to other people's husband or all men.
Read your bible.
I won't hesitate to slap a man across the face if absolutely necessary.
I would punch several holes in my wall before I attempt to do that to MY head.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by kalufelix(m): 1:18am On Apr 16, 2012
Y ar d ladies d only ones tryin 2 defend demsefs wen dis issue comes up?...y ar d guys nat doin d same dat alone simply shows dat d female genda is playin 'catch up' to men but am afraid dey ar gettin nowia becos man and woman can NEVER b equal. Its nat really a question of inferiority nd superiority women ar jst d weaker vessels nd ar subject 2 men but dey wil always at some points do certain tins jst to 'show him'

if only u gals wil b honest 2 ursefs ...tel me y dia is always dat extra joy wen a woman delivers a male child ?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by lastpage: 1:26am On Apr 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Military or construction ke.

Yes, men are better than women at manual labor. But manual labor isn't that valuable these days...

OK, but what about biology and chemistry. Women outnumber men in those subjects, as far as I know.

Women are in no way inferior to men mentally, that much I know..
What about Physics and Mathematics?
I have taught both at Advanced/Post Secondary levels and l can tell you that 95% of class members are MEN!
In some classes, l will be very glad if l even get one or two FEMALES!

Now, dont get me wrong, l dont think women are inferior, l subscribe to the position that each gender is UNIQUE in their own way and are not designed to "compete" against one another.
If you must stack them against one another, women are designed to "complement" what a man is, especially in a marital relationship. Q.E.D.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Theblessed(f): 1:30am On Apr 16, 2012
[size=16pt][b]Yes, yes I am loving this!!!

If all the ladies on here are not feminists - I am a feminist with a "CAPITAL LETTER",ok?

So now, what's the hake?

Actually, some of us have a literal understanding, meaning/interpretation of what the movement is all about. Feminism is not about equality in a physical sense e.g. who has got much energy and strength or "Who is the Head of the Family/who wears the trousers". Its about recognising, respecting the existence, rights and, appreciating the contributions of women in society - so what's wrong with that?

You see, some of us here are by no means feminists but enjoy all the rights and benefits feminism accorded women - why? What a bunch of hypocrites!!!angry

In fact, they came to the table with MENU list of all the goodies feminism gave women - education, job/career, equal pay for equal job done, vote, rights to choose our lifemates and independent lifestyle etc yet, they are no feminists and are not equal to men. undecided

You are here criticizing feminism for fighting the inequalities against women in society as if that's not a reality.

Through out history and in every sphere of society women have been and still are undermined in society except in bedrooms and maternity wards etc - even there, some women are still in bondage - in some part of the world e.g in Africa, men are still deciding and controlling a woman's body e.g. the number of children a woman should bear, female circumcision, forced/arranged marriages etc.

Imagine, some are here trying to present this "Purist image" as if Feminist movement is wrong - IT IS NOT!!!

Now let me open your eyes a little bit about this ideology - Feminism did not start today, ok! It started long ago in Ancient Israel.

It started in the Bible when Zelophehad's 5 daughters (Mahla, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah and Tirzah) asked Moses to give them their father's inheritance after all Israel where allocated their own inheritance and the 5 daughters of Zelophehad were deprived because, they were all women as their father had no sons - how could that be right? Numbers Chpt. 27 v. 1 - 11.

As a result, the girls cried out to Moses, and Moses sought the face of God and their God answered positively but with conditions (that on marriage the land goes back to the their father's family) - for our God is a fair, just and Righteous God!! Numbers Chpt. 36 v. 1 - end. Now, go read it all.

You see, this is the bit I've never heard any Pastor, Bishop, Pope, or Layreader preached about in our Churches - have you? undecided

And one would ask, why don't they preach it?? Because, they don't want our eyes opened in that way/area!!

Now, I challenge you to go read it and make up your mind about Feminism - its's about asking, giving and getting our rights, and if it's about equality with men - what's wrong with it??

Sure you've read it - are you in shock? shocked shocked

It did not start today and it is good that, women ask for their rights and get because it is right!!

So next time, when anyone criticises Feminism, point to that Biblical AUTHORITY!![/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:23am On Apr 16, 2012
[size=18pt]NO daughter of mine would be brought up to think she's inferior to a man or a son of mine thinking he is superior to a woman! This is where the major problem starts from, the FOUNDATION! This is why there are so many insecure women in the Nigerian society because from a young age they are made to feel that without a man they can't function!

At the end of the day, RESPECT is very important! When there is respect between men and women there wouldn't even be an issue of the man feeling like the woman is trying to be equal! But a lot of men walk around expecting respect! They feel because they were born with the male reproductive organ that automatically entitles them to respect. Ehm excuse me but it doesn't work that way! You cannot expect respect when you ain't giving it! You receive what you give!

IF ME WANTING TO BE RESPECTED MAKES ME A FEMINIST THEN SO BE IT! [/size]

3 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by KINGwax(m): 5:46am On Apr 16, 2012
jennykadry: I am not insulting you but telling you the truth so stop acting defensively already. and I don't know why you are defending yourself
and what are you doing? Condemning yourself?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by iconaus: 6:16am On Apr 16, 2012
By nature , man is the head . In any organisation there must be a head for things to move so as to man and woman and family. God has given the man that physical and emotional strenth and that says it all. In the west, the law was put in place to protect woman from physical abuse usully mete out by men but unfortunately, women are using the advantage of this law to lord it over men or claim to be in charge .This singular mistake by the west has resulted to incomplete families and incessant divorce in the western world .A relationship is doomed if the woman is the leader. currently the west is crumbling due to lack of strong family structure . countries in asia ( India or China) are emerging due the strong family based /oriented life . The say Charity begins at home. Please please africans should keep there culture where the man is regarded as the head and forget about the western culture which is failing them now.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 16, 2012
^^^^ here in the west its interesting because Ive seen many households where the men work alongside the woman at home, or are even are more the homemakers, and the women are out working being lawyers etc.The men are leaned on so very much. They seem to be needed as a shelter, partner, confident and simply arms to fall into that are safe.They are respected as men.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 16, 2012
angelhair: Little do you know. I am better at fixing electricals than most men I know. I do it because I was taught how to just like my brothers were taught. No one is more equal than anyone. We are perfect the way we are.

They think we're all daft. If some of us start listing what we're capable of doing, they'll wonder why we don't just transform to the male gender lol.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by lagcity(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2012
Men and women are equal? Since when? Anyway, me I never get the memo oo becos that useless female secretary of mine doesn't know how to operate the damn fax machine. Kai women! grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Vergil: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Put aside your feminism brain and try to process this logic. . .What do men want? They want PEACE AND QUIET. Will there be peace and quiet if women followed those rules? A Resounding YES!!

Conclusion - The power to give men peace is in our hands. . .the sooner we understand this the better for us.

It's hard to imagine girls like you still exist.
Pleaaaase marry me?

Your man must be some proper luccckky masculine. SheeEeeez!

Are you married? When did you discover the secret?

Most girls realise this by default, when they're getting old without a man in sight. They naturally flip into this mode just to trap the man. Some stick to this mode, since its keeps everybody happy and they see it makes the home happy and the man glued to them. Whilst others flip back to their old mode, then you start hearing complaints; how their man is this....is that!

Girl, you are the smartest of dem bbs. Trusss! No joke! You'd surely have a man who appreciates you 100%!

Have soo much to say/ask. But that would do.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by stagger: 9:28am On Apr 16, 2012
I do not think the issue here is equality. The relationship between a husband and a wife should be complementary; not based on equality or superiority.

I do not believe myself superior to my wife and vice versa. We all have our roles. Even though I can cook, I simply hate going to market and when my wife came into my life, I had relief in that area. In the same vein, I have a tendency to spend money unwisely. Her coming into my life has changed that. Similarly, she tends to panic and gets easily ruffled by bad news or tense situations. I am more composed and do not get ruffled easily. So I balance her out in that area.

For instance, I naturally fix all the gadgets and stuff in the house. But there was a day I bought a new hurricane fan and was having problems assembling it. I decided to put it off till night and went out. I came back home and met the fan assembled and working; done by my wife. Did that make me feel inferior? No way! I was happy because my wife showed herself to be a helpmate, which is their roles.

She washes for me, cooks for me, and gives me great sex, which keeps my mind and body in a very good tune to focus on my major role, which is to provide for the family.

That is what it is. It should not be a question of "I can do this better so I am superior to her/him". This is where society has missed it.

4 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2012
Vergil:

It's hard to imagine girls like you still exist.
Pleaaaase marry me?

Your man must be some proper luccckky masculine. SheeEeeez!

Are you married? When did you discover the secret?

Most girls realise this by default, when they're getting old without a man in sight. They naturally flip into this mode just to trap the man. Some stick to this mode, since its keeps everybody happy and they see it makes the home happy and the man glued to them. Whilst others flip back to their old mode, then you start hearing complaints; how their man is this....is that!

Girl, you are the smartest of dem bbs. Trusss! No joke! You'd surely have a man who appreciates you 100%!

Have soo much to say/ask. But that would do.

Oh!!! The irony!!!!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Meristem: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2012
Missy_B:
You haven't been reading your Bible upside down, right hun? smiley
No where does the Bible state that the man is superior to the woman. If the man is the head, the woman is the neck, without which the head cannot function properly.
na people like u go destroy did world. de process don start wit satanic filisofies like urs.
by bible standard d man is the undisputed HEAD of a relationship(for single digit IQ pple like u, thats the LEADER) So where did ur bible refer to u as the NECK? Now i know y many marriages are headin for d iceberg!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by WhiteOne(f): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2012
What is with your freedom of choice?
Where are the men, which are truly the head of their family?
The world has just gone creasy in the battle of the sexes?
He will leave father and mother to become ONE with his wife.
He shell loves his wife like Jesus Christ has loved the church/us.
God has given all of us a free will to choice to obey him.
I will ask my son and I will ask my daughter to obey the person, which loves him/her like Jesus Christ have loved us not more, not less!
A house, which is divided again it’s self is condemned.
Eastern, Jesus Christ washed the feet of his disciples.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Meristem: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2012
Most feminists I know are either unmarried or divorcees. Check their lives. they wear dis i-dont-need-a -man toga until well into menopause then they start looking for ANY man to "make their lives complete" grin grin. Publicly dey apperar strong by insisting d sexes are identical.secretly, they envy their more decent peers who are having fun in their marriages, not engaging their men is a supremacy war as if dat was necessary. if dey heard dat women are getting killed in conflicts dey protest. yet if man=woman and man=legitimate target, why not woman? Lwkmd
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by WhiteOne(f): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2012
The family is the foundation of our society.
No wonder Nigeria is in such a bad stage!
Mummy believes the children “belong to the wife or to the mother” and “use” them against dad and dad punish mum by taking another girlfriend or wife.
I am wondering “why” Nigerian only copies the rubbish of the white folks and not the good things.
Is it because, they watch American TV show and believe that is the real living?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by WhiteOne(f): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2012
“Men should value their wives and have mutual respect for them, not to mistreat the woman because she is not his equal” _ WIVES? MORE THEN ONE!
For real, who here has more than one? Now are days?
Anybody here has more than one or call more than one woman his mother?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2012
I can't believe the poster. Men are not superior to women. God gave us all brains to use. The best graduating student in my class was female and I have seen several women that are way better than their male counterparts at work. God said the man is the head of "His Home". And the woman should submit to Her Husband. God never said the woman is inferior to all men and should submit to any man. God clearly says submit to your husband.
I am holding my self from insulting the poster. How can you suggest raising children up differently.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Daresh(f): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
lagcity: Men and women are equal? Since when? Anyway, me I never get the memo oo becos that useless female secretary of mine doesn't know how to operate the damn fax machine. Kai women! grin

Its not women, its ur daft secretary. Just like my daft male assistant doesn't know how to drive or put on a seatbelt! Kai men!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Busybody2(f): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
shocked
Na wa

So Seun is not content with yanking us from NL1 to NL2, he's also utilised a time machine to teleport us back to the stone ages and started using that spambot machine to open stupendously jawdropping topics such as this, chai shocked shocked tongue
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by luckgames(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
It is time to pay the bills?
Any comment
I am not going to get into this BS of equality
There is a balance between Husband and wife
The greater challenge for Nigerian women is find that balance

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by luckgames(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
WhiteOne: The family is the foundation of our society.
No wonder Nigeria is in such a bad stage!
Mummy believes the children “belong to the wife or to the mother” and “use” them against dad and dad punish mum by taking another girlfriend or wife.
I am wondering “why” Nigerian only copies the rubbish of the white folks and not the good things.
Is it because, they watch American TV show and believe that is the real living?
Great comment
The problem is lot of Nigerians see the white folk from distant
Don't understand the culture
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by luckgames(m): 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
taryour:

am glad my hubby is also a member on naira land so he knows all abt me.
i was raised to b submissive to my husband just as my mother was to my father n my grandma to my grandfather and dat is why dey remain in thier husbands house till date. So it will be unwise of me not to follow their steps.

On d issue of a sencond wife, no woman would ever be happy to allow such,so God helping me i will not give my husband any reason wosover to look outside not to talk of bringing in a second wife. I am legally married n av kid for my husband so for dat reason alone we are stuck togeder till death do us part. No woman prays to share her husband with other women. But if dats d way God wnts it den who am i? Althoug it will realy hurt me to my bones.

I pray the lord keep your marriage together and strong
You are not unequal to your husband,
You have balanced your marriage
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by luckgames(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
ftmom:
@olamide123

A resounding "amen" to that.
In this day and age!!!!
And what was that bit about how to talk to a married woman. Next thing we will hear is how unmarried females are genetically inferior to their married female counterparts
Seriously? I thought I had seen it all!

Btw, I have been happily married for almost 20 yrs so this is not sour grapes/frustration/jealousy. I'm inclined to believe your assertions are rooted in your upbringing and your marriage but even so, all i can say is "nkan mbe"
I have more respect for married woman than unmarried woman
I will respect a married lady that is 25 yrs old than 40 yrs old unmarried females
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Meristem: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^^yes o. The bible says we should LOVE our wives an in turn they should SUBMIT TO us for a purpose. now look at the big mess we hav made of our society cos we are copying oyibo stoopidly. women now challenge their husbands authority in the home...and they expect us not to take a fifth wifeimpossible! This is war!!!!Chinua Achebe is the greatest prophet of our times."they have put a knife in the string that held us togthrr and we have fallen apart"

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / That Childish Behavior You Still Do As An Adult.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.