Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,400 members, 7,926,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:41 AM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23082 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sweetcocoa(f): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

2 women = 1 man .like it or leave it.
You don craze finally.cheesy
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
afam4eva:

Being the head does not make the man more superior. It just means that he's given the responsibility to fend for the family while the woman assists him by taking care of the home front.

I our everyday life ppl allude to the higher level they place a male. They would tell a 7yr old boy that "You are supposed to be the man" Which means take responsibility, protect, show strength in situations, Pay for meals etc

Whether you use inferior or superior, The fact is that the man is expected to take lead roles in day to day lives.

Maybe the word superior should be replaced with LEAD
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sweetcocoa(f): 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Maybe the word superior should be replaced with LEAD
Would be much better,that word "superior" is just not right in the context of this discussion.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: You don craze finally.cheesy

That is for sure. . . .It's just to make the women somewhat relief that the men had to allow them launch a gender equality campaign but in the real sense men are superior.I'm even sure God is a man sef. grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maryini(f): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
steph7: @ maclatunji, none of the women here are saying we shudn't be submissive to our husbands, we are all saying that in a marriage the woman is neither superior nor inferior to the man, effort is needed from both sides to make it work.
@ Op I feel sad for you children, I remember back in high school there was a boy whose parents had brought him up to feel superior to girls, once the teacher leaves class, he'll say no girl shud open her mouth and talk, not even whisper, we cudn't even laff, woe betide you, and you open ur mouth, he'll get up and beat you.
Even when we reported to teachers, they'll flog him and he'll come back and beat us again, this continued till one day, a girl got up and gave him the beating of his life after then he cooled down.
OP, imagine if you continue this girls are inferior crap, and your daughter grows to become a minister in future, while your son is struggling in life, do you think your son will want to ask for help from someone he feels is inferior.
I think you'll just be sowing seeds of discord in your children.

Steph7...I know you..U went to AHS...this experience is one of the reasons why I have feministic tendencies...at such a tender age some 12yr old boy who's mother did not teach him all human beings are equal decided to make my life miserable..till today I get very angry when I remember the trauma I went through just this superiority issue.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sweetcocoa(f): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is for sure. . . .It's just to make the women somewhat relief that the men had to allow them launch a gender equality campaign but in the real sense men are superior.I'm even sure God is a man sef. grin
wereeyy grin,because of the uniqueness in the nature of God,you need no prophet to tell you he's a woman tongue,he's too organized to be a man.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by lastpage: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
kkk17: I quite agree that a man and a woman are not equals. But there should be mutual respect. Mothers teach your male children to treat the females as flowers who should b cherished. Also, teach your female children to respect any man no matter his social standing.
I love my husband and I'm contented with how we relate. I have no need to be his equal. He gives me all the respect i need and i respect him too. For me his word is final in the family, because he is not selfish

You see there are "Girls", "Women" and "Wives".
I have often asked myself "Why some women struggle in marriage or have a messed-up marital wife while some other women enjoy marital bliss and their husband "serves them" day and night? AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS WONDERED LIKE THIS?

First, we must separate "wife" from "women" when making this kind of "Leadership or Head" assertion.

At birth and unmarried, A Woman "should be equal" to any Man, in all respects. I used the adjective "should" intentionally because based on reality, most women "dont want to act" equal to a man, in all respects (like they expect some preferential treatment as Dayo has highlighted)

When a woman decides to get married and become A WIFE, she "intentionally and deliberately" SUBJECTS HER EQUALITY for SUBMISSION TO HER HUSBAND, as her Head and Leaders! Its that simple!

Its only "in marriage" that a man can claim superiority over "his wife" (and only his wife and children) and the wife must accept submission as a cin qua non for a successful marriage!
Anything asides this breeds disaster!

You cant eat your Cake and have it!

A married woman needs not claim equality with her husband, if you are submissive to his leadership, he himself would readily elevate you to even levels you can only dream of, without any stress to yourself! (this is the wisdom the books of proverb is talking about when it says a "wise" woman keeps her home while the "foolish" one scatters it!)

This is where some of this inexperienced women who jump on the feminazi-bandwagon, dont get it at all, and l hope they dont get it! wink wink

That wedding ring on your 4th-finger means more than just "GOLD", it is a "status" so desired that even some wannabe feminist have to go buy one for themselves, just to "appear" on that level!
I have seen a few of them here who dont even have a husband, "forming" about how they are feared by their husband! grin grin
Na Yams? shocked

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ivoice247: 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2012
The glorious quran best explains the position and difference in equality between men and women, as Allah(God) states in the glorious quran ch4 v34;-

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah(God) has made one of them(man) to excel the other(woman), and because they(men) spend (to support women) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property).
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
Maybe u are nt equal 2 men but I am and so are other females,fyi times hve changed nd so has d fact dat we are inferior to men,u are wat u say u are,nd its high time we females get used to the fact that we are equal to men.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2012
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))​ were u my seat mate? And what letter does ur name and surname start from
maryini:

Steph7...I know you..U went to AHS...this experience is one of the reasons why I have feministic tendencies...at such a tender age some 12yr old boy who's mother did not teach him all human beings are equal decided to make my life miserable..till today I get very angry when I remember the trauma I went through just this superiority issue.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: Maybe u are nt equal 2 men but I am and so are other females,fyi times hve changed nd so has d fact dat we are inferior to men,u are wat u say u are,nd its high time we females get used to the fact that we are equal to men.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this girl will not kill me o
oya, we don hear, get ur arse in d kitchen and prepare me akpu, while i watch chelsea vs tottenham
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by SisiKill1: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
OP thank you for this topic, this is what I have been trying to promote. . .I even started a blog about it some few years back, I passed out fliers, handouts, put up videos but sadly all my troubles was for naught because we still have these sassy women propagating the idea. . .the silly notion that they are worthy to stand toe to toe with a man. sad

Anyway, now that we are talking about it again. . .here goes

THE GOOD WIFE'S GUIDE: HOW TO BE THE BEST WIFE FOR YOUR HUSBAND

1) Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

2) Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

3) Be a little happy and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

4) Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

5) Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

6) Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.

7) Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

8 ) Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first – remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

9) Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home later or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

10) Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

11) Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.

12) Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

13) Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

14) Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

15) Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

16) A good wife always knows her place.

I had to highlight the last two because I think this is where most of us women miss it. . .WE JUST DON'T KNOW OUR PLACE!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thank God for the bountiful patience he has given the men who have to deal with us.

For more instructional, please feel free to visit my blog PERFECTION: BE THE BEST NAIJA WIFE

@ TARYOUR,
You have a good head on your shoulder. . .you just get it and I was wondering if you would like to help me co-write the blog. From the little I have read, you will be a shining example of the inferiority of girls to boys. I sincerely believe that once people. . .our young girls see that one can still live a normal life while embracing their inferiority. . .many of them will be dissuaded of the false idea that they are more than what they are.

Please send me an email if you are interested and we can get started on this arduous task of ours. smiley
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maryini(f): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
steph7: =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))​ were u my seat mate? And what letter does ur name and surname start from

Haha...no...I left in ss2...I also went to gh..guess! It starts with I and A.. grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sweetcocoa(f): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
@sisi_kiil's post,Like seriously?shocked shocked OMG grin.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maryini(f): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill: OP thank you for this topic, this is what I have been trying to promote. . .I even started a blog about it some few years back, I passed out fliers, handouts, put up videos but sadly all my troubles was for naught because we still have these sassy women propagating the idea. . .the silly notion that they are worthy to stand toe to toe with a man. sad

1) Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

2) Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

3) Be a little happy and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

4) Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

5) Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

6) Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.

7) Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

8 ) Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first – remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

9) Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home later or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

10) Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

12) Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

13) Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

14) Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

15) Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

I had to highlight the last two because I think this is where most of us women miss it. . .WE JUST DON'T KNOW OUR PLACE!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thank God for the bountiful patience he has given the men who have to deal with us.

For more instructional, please feel free to visit my blog PERFECTION: BE THE BEST NAIJA WIFE

@ TARYOUR,
You have a good head on your shoulder. . .you just get it and I was wondering if you would like to help me co-write the blog. From the little I have read, you will be an shining example of the inferiority of girls to boys. I sincerely believe that once people. . .our young girls see that one can still live a normal life while embracing their inferiority. . .many of them will be dissuaded of the false idea that they are more than what they are.

Please send me an email if you are interested and we can get started on this arduous task of ours. smiley

OMG!!! R u for real?

lipsrsealed U r entittled to ur opinion.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by SisiKill1: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: @sisi_kiil's post,Like seriously?shocked shocked OMG grin.
Put aside your feminism brain and try to process this logic. . .What do men want? They want PEACE AND QUIET. Will there be peace and quiet if women followed those rules? A Resounding YES!!

Conclusion - The power to give men peace is in our hands. . .the sooner we understand this the better for us.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by emmatok(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

HA HA,

No need for competition,

Men and women are never equal.

I have a feminist in my office who share the-same view, but this lady is the laziest bitch in i have ever meet.

Every-time a difficult Job come in she cries it is a MAN'S JOB.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by StateOfMind: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill: OP thank you for this topic, this is what I have been trying to promote. . .I even started a blog about it some few years back, I passed out fliers, handouts, put up videos but sadly all my troubles was for naught because we still have these sassy women propagating the idea. . .the silly notion that they are worthy to stand toe to toe with a man. sad

@ TARYOUR,
You have a good head on your shoulder. . .you just get it and I was wondering if you would like to help me co-write the blog. From the little I have read, you will be a shining example of the inferiority of girls to boys. I sincerely believe that once people. . .our young girls see that one can still live a normal life while embracing their inferiority. . .many of them will be dissuaded of the false idea that they are more than what they are.

OMG..mother of all sarcasms..hehe
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
emmatok:

HA HA,

No need for competition,

I have a feminist in my office who share the-same view, but this lady is the laziest bitch in i have ever meet.

Thats the irony about feminist, You claim we are equal yet when anything physically demanding comes its the men they would push into it. When war comes its the mans responsibility
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
come to think of it, if women were equal to men, why then do men pay bride price (buy women) why do women rarely ask men out, why do women open their legs to be fukked, why do women carry whats given to them( pregnancy) why do women always make up (so as to sell their market), why are women lazy naturally, why are women shorter than men, why do they ask men to kiss their bride(and not the other way round) why do women women have curves(cos they are a piece of work to be bought) why do women get old easily, why do women have menopause , why do women answer their husband/ fathers name (why not sarah natasha)why were women created from men why , why, why ? ?, the list is endless............women are the second best on earth, its not that they are not needed, women are wonderful piece of work created by God to help a man (serve)and not to be the master. I love women and i love my baby cos she respects me alot and would not want to be my master unlike some ill-bred divorcees and no good dumpee's here who want to spoil the minds of unsuspecting spinsters here on NL

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sweetcocoa(f): 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Put aside your feminism brain and try to process this logic. . .What do men want? They want PEACE AND QUIET. Will there be peace and quiet if women followed those rules? A Resounding YES!!

Conclusion - The power to give men peace is in our hands. . .the sooner we understand this the better for us.
Hey sis i get the sarcasm hence the laughing smiley,we are on the same team,mate.wink
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
All these women sef. . . .you people are yet to tell us why you think you are equal with men.If you cant prove it,i still maintain my stand that TWO OLD WOMEN = ONE BABYBOY grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by SisiKill1: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
emmatok:

HA HA,

No need for competition,

Except you are carrying pompom at a construction site. . I don't know which kinda work a woman will say is a man's job. Even with pompom carryin sef....some women women still hold their own. So your coworker is just a lazy person. . .just like any other lazy person even a man who finds a way to avoid working.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by olamide123: 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
"FINALLY TO TRULY ACHIEVED SAINTHOOD AS A NAIJA WIFE, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO DIE FOR YOUR MARRIAGE (PREFERABLY AT THE HANDS OF YOUR HUSBAND)"

Sisi kill, you just killed me with that phrase... Haven't laughed this hard in a long time cheesy
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
Lets try military or construction jobs

The most energy demanding jobs and see who takes 95% of those
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
It's really funny though. I wonder why those ladies that go about shouting gender equality don't climb the roof to fix a leaking zink or fix a faulty electrical appliance or even fight on behalf of their husbands. It just shows that their idea of equality only pertain to things that will favour them.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu:
Lets try military or construction jobs

The most energy demanding jobs and see who takes 95% of those

You wan kill them.The same women that want a man to do everything for them because of their laziness are now clamouring for equality.Abegi,y'all are just good for designing a man's life and showoff.Very very weak set of people.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2012
afam4eva: It's really funny though. I wonder why those ladies that go about shouting gender equality don't climb the roof to fix a leaking zink or fix a faulty electrical appliance or even fight on behalf of their husbands. It just shows that their idea of equality only pertain to things that will favour them.

They will come and ask money from you .can you imagine yet they ar claiming equality.why cant women do everything for men if truly we are equal ? grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
@ sisi kill, dis guide na quick road to quench o. If i use it i will be dead in six months
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by sleekch1c(f): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
oga,i will pardon ur ignorance but it wld interest u to know that testosterone is a precursor to estrogen..... i am sure ur very macho brain cannot process that so i am going to make it simple. it means that estrogen is made from testosterone.can u pls explain why i shld be subjected to a random azzwipe i met on the street or any other man for that matter who isnt my husband? undecided
maclatunji:

My point exactly, Estrogen is not equal to Testosterone. Woman is not equal to Man. I don't say she is inferior but I say she is subjected to him. Anyways, I have good news for you, Man would be miserable without Woman so she can hold on to that. grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ektbear: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
Military or construction ke.

Yes, men are better than women at manual labor. But manual labor isn't that valuable these days...

OK, but what about biology and chemistry. Women outnumber men in those subjects, as far as I know.

Women are in no way inferior to men mentally, that much I know..
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by SisiKill1: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
naijababe: @ sisi kill, dis guide na quick road to quench o. If i use it i will be dead in six months
And you will be immortalized as the ULTIMATE BEST NAIJA WIFE.

Isn't that what we are all striving for?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? / How Did You Feel After Your First Child?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.