Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,400 members, 7,926,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:43 AM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23083 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Prime007: 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: Maybe u are nt equal 2 men but I am and so are other females,fyi times hve changed nd so has d fact dat we are inferior to men,u are wat u say u are,nd its high time we females get used to the fact that we are equal to men.

Internet noisemakers. You know I challenge any of you to come and say these things in the northern states of Nigeria. O yes, you will just tell the mullahs to get lost.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by coolguy2002: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
very true
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
The funny thing is that most ladies who say "men and women are equal...times have change" are the laziest of the lot.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
And you will be immortalized as the ULTIMATE BEST NAIJA WIFE.

Isn't that what we are all striving for?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Una nno go kill me for NL o, the bolded surely surpass heaven.

Herein lies naijababe, the ULTIMATE NAIJA WIFE, who quenched for her husband.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
The day I first read Sisi_Kill's post on her blog, I almost died of laughter. However, if you sift through the sarcasm there are valid points for any woman who wants to know what being a good wife means. Maybe someday I can return the favour and write the men's version.

Young ladies don't mind these 'naughty kabal' O. They are very submissive to their husbands. However, young women shine your eyes, find men that will respect you and will not belittle or seek to demean the love and care you show them.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Una nno go kill me for NL o, the bolded surely surpass heaven.

Herein lies naijababe, the ULTIMATE NAIJA WIFE, who quenched for her husband.

lazy naija women, SMDH
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
I tot as much,can u imagine he is on my bbm, I'm keeping him there 4 when I want to vent, silly boy.imagine the nonsense, come to think of it I think most of us are feminist even T A wrote an article on it
maryini:

Haha...no...I left in ss2...I also went to gh..guess! It starts with I and A.. grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by flairlady(f): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
i know who i am and am exactly who God says i am,so i dont care about the poster and some comments here
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
flairlady: i know who i am and am exactly who God says i am,so i dont care about the poster and some comments here

Where did your God say you are equal to a man ? Why did He not creat Adam and Eve at the same tiem if truly they are equal ?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:

lazy naija women, SMDH

You are correct, I'm so lazy I am not ashamed to admit it. Surely there's an easier way to commit suicide na. Why una wan take all dis kain work kill me, na me chop apple ni?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maryini(f): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2012
steph7: I tot as much,can u imagine he is on my bbm, I'm keeping him there 4 when I want to vent, silly boy.imagine the nonsense, come to think of it I think most of us are feminist even T A wrote an article on it

LOOL...u keep him on ur bb to vent..lol

My life is very peaceful because I run the other way when I see guys that say such. Every one to his own.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
ekt_bear: Military or construction ke.

Yes, men are better than women at manual labor. But manual labor isn't that valuable these days...

OK, but what about biology and chemistry. Women outnumber men in those subjects, as far as I know.

Women are in no way inferior to men mentally, that much I know..

Just like in Mathematics and Engineering, Men outnumber women

Mentally they might be equal, but physically they are not.

And life is a combination of your mental and physical ability I would think
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Where did your God say you are equal to a man ? Why did He not creat Adam and Eve at the same tiem if truly they are equal ?

Actually Eve was created from the ribs of Adam meaning Eve is a subset of Adam
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
naijababe:

You are correct, I'm so lazy I am not ashamed to admit it. Surely there's an easier way to commit suicide na. Why una wan take all dis kain work kill me, na me chop apple ni?

what do you do self make we hear word jor
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu:

bros aw many women sabi book for your class? women no sabi anytin, only handful, na only makeup n fashion dey sabi do
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dasparrow: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Go to page 2 and read FRESHERA's post. He/She supported his/her argument flawlessly with bible passages. Lastly, you will have to direct your question to the good Lord in regards to why He did not create both genders at the same time. I think 95% of Nigerians are very wicked people and discrimination runs in almost all Nigerians' veins. It's always something with Nigerians: Tribalism, chuvinism/gender discrimination, dishonesty, corruption, excessive greed, the worship of materialism etc. And then you wonder why Nigeria is doomed and will stay doomed till her people change!

@Post

Men and women are DIFFERENT but that does not mean one gender is more superior than the other. When we human beings think we are superior than others, we offend God because God hates pride (Proverbs 8:13) and pride comes before a fall. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dasparrow: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:

bros aw many women sabi book for your class? women no sabi anytin, only handful, na only makeup n fashion dey sabi do

And that includes YOUR MOTHER and any other females members of your family.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:

Are we on the same planet?

neyostica:

what do you do self make we hear word jor

See kweshun, what has what I do got to do with anything?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

Oh God please save us from yet another dumb brainwashed woman that thinks she can score points with men by denigrating her fellow women.

Get a life.

If YOU are an inferior creature to the men that walk the earth, the rest of us are not.

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
I never really move on until I've let you know how u made me feel, infact I'm going to do it right now, remind him and move on
maryini:

LOOL...u keep him on ur bb to vent..lol

My life is very peaceful because I run the other way when I see guys that say such. Every one to his own.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Dyamante(f): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
maclatunji: Men and women are not equal, but there has to be equity. A woman will always have some men she is ahead of in many matters. So, it is not a one-size-fits-all thing. However, if you are talking about Husband and wife, the husband is definitely the leader.
gbam this is it...people should learn that equality and equity are two entirely different things
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maryini(f): 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Steph7 LOOOOL cheesy cheesy cheesy

Whatever floats your boat.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
I  another AHS girl viewing the topic, a year my junior, @maryini I let him av it oh, he told me he has stopped that it was d way he was brought up, dats why I'm telling the @OP to be careful with way she is raising her kids hence the become abusers in future
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
dasparrow:

And that includes MY MOTHER and any other females members of my family.
i have a witness in the house, i need more
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
@maryini, he also said he is very sorry
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by agiboma(f): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
@ op i did not read all the post cause this thread is too long. But I do believe in equality, men should value their wives and have mutual respect for them, not to mistreat the woman because she is not his equal. I dont disagree with what you are saying fully, but I will not grow my daughter up to feel inferior she is a human being just like her male counterparts. I agree the man is the head of the household, (IMO some men dont even have the mental/intellectual capacity to even run/lead a household) but thats another argument for another day! My hubby makes the decision @ the end of the day but my input is always considered and 90% of the time i get my own way. OP you are a mother and wife but first of all you are a human being, so please dont make yourself feel inferior. wink
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
sugabelly:

Oh God please save us from yet another dumb brainwashed woman that thinks she can score points with men by denigrating her fellow women.

Get a life.

If YOU are an inferior creature to the men that walk the earth, the rest of us are not.

well, the truth hurts, but it has to be said nonetheless. undecided
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by emmatok(m): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Except you are carrying pompom at a construction site. . I don't know which kinda work a woman will say is a man's job. Even with pompom carryin sef....some women women still hold their own. So your coworker is just a lazy person. . .just like any other lazy person even a man who finds a way to avoid working.

No true,

Even in the US(Nigeria women gold standard), Men still outsmart and outpace women in almost all industry.

It's only inferior women that indulge in unnecessary competition with Man.

Most man don't compete with women, because it is not needed.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tochi55ba: 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

Wait a minute; dis is not a topic dat requires a yes or no answer. When U say a man & a woman can never be equal, you have to let pple no d basis of ur aguement (aspect you are hitting on).

A man being the HEAD of a home does not mean a parade commander it refers to the point dat d man is the FOUNDATION of the family.

Anywhere or a home where you recognise or see the "husband & not the man" as the head, always watchout dat its becos he has a good "wife & not a woman". Afterall anywhere there is a head it becos there are followers.

One last question to whosoever brought this discusion; ON WHAT BASIS ARE WE AGUEING?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ektbear: 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Given wom more time. They've been kicking men's azzes in the biosciences despite being a minority in it 30 or 40 years ago.

Who is to say they won't start kicking men's azzes in engineering and math 30-40 years from now?

Regarding your "life" comment, i guess it depends on what group of people you are talking about. But for white collar sort of work, women are in no intrinsically inferior.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
emmatok:

No true,

Even in the US(Nigeria women gold standard), Men still outsmart and outpace women in almost all industry.

It's only inferior women that indulge in unnecessary competition with Man.

Most man don't compete with women, because it is not needed.

I heard a radio program the other day and it was about how,in the USA,there are are now a larger percent of women who make the most money in their household or are the main source of income.Also there are more women in unversity. Just saying.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by emmatok(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
ekt_bear:

Given wom more time. They've been kicking men's azzes in the biosciences despite being a minority in it 30 or 40 years ago.

Who is to say they won't start kicking men's azzes in engineering and math 30-40 years from now?

Regarding your "life" comment, i guess it depends on what group of people you are talking about. But for white collar sort of work, women are in no intrinsically inferior.

WELL,

Men Still Create More Wealth

Men Are Still In The Power Positions

Men Still Thrive At The Top

Men Are Still The Dominant Force

Women's Success Doesn't Mean Men's Failure cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? / How Did You Feel After Your First Child?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.