Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,399 members, 7,926,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:37 AM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23080 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by emofine2(f): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

Men and woman are not equal. We are different. But our differences should be equally respected. The same with race. The same with sexuality. Etc.

If I was to invent a religion today and have as part of my tenet that men should submit to women as women should be the head . . .now where does that leave us? Is that not clearly biased? Discrimination? Sexist?

It's understandble why men would want to accept this teaching as truth but why women
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ijebabe: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
Obinoscopy: A man is a man and a woman is a woman. There are certain things that women can do that man can't and vice versa. Based on this premise, I'd say no one is superior to the other. However a man should be accorded the respect a man deserves from a woman and a woman too should be accorded her own respect as well. For example, a girl should be the one to cook in the house and serve the boy even if the boy is her junior; similarly a boy should be the one to do all the manual and energy sapping work in the house even if he has a girl that he seniors.

Conclusively, a man is the boss over his wife but that does not make her his slave. They are to love and respect each other mutually. The man should love and adore his wife while his wife should be submissive to him. This is my own opinion.

Thank you. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. Then again, everyone to his/her own smiley
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
steph7: I tot it was only my high school that people used to lie to avoid sports. The choice illness was knee pain, that's when I even heard of juvenile arthritis. The irony of it all was that everyone wanted to be sports club, so they could lazy about since there was only one coach and he couldn't watch everyone, so that when we used to do our bf/gf runs

Lol see you. They had to make up a rule of "No bag leaves the school until after sports" and we had to walk like an hour to get to the sports field we used to use then. I kept disturbing my parents to change my bag because I had this Gigantic bag then, finally my dad did and bought me a much smaller one. So what I used to do every sports day (fridays) was go to school with only 2 books, after school and time to leave for the field. I take the books out of the bag and hide them just at the back of the food and nutrition lab and hide the empty bag underneath my singlet and tight. grin once we got close to my estate, I quickly dodged inside and gbam that's me missing another sports trip
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
Abasi mbok!!! Sons are not equals to daughters, God have mercy o shocked
Why do people assume every man wants a yes woman?! If OP were married to my hubby, she would not last a week.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ijebabe: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
Kevin_II:
babe, I was not referring to your comment in particular. You said 'you obviously didn't read the other posts and the poster's message well' and that was what I was addressing. Nothing do you, matter of fact I'm in complete agreement with your first post up there.

No worries cool. I just didn't like being misquoted.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ziccoit: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
Where you struggle and sweat to open a door to an opportunity, a woman get through at a speed of light without a qualm. Everybody and forces tend to direct her toward a path of least or no resistant. We all see these everyday. Women and men are not and could never be equal. There is equity which is given everybody his or her deserved right. This is where it all ends.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by StateOfMind: 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2012
Obinoscopy: A man is a man and a woman is a woman. There are certain things that women can do that man can't and vice versa. Based on this premise, I'd say no one is superior to the other. However a man should be accorded the respect a man deserves from a woman and a woman too should be accorded her own respect as well. For example, a girl should be the one to cook in the house and serve the boy even if the boy is her junior; similarly a boy should be the one to do all the manual and energy sapping work in the house even if he has a girl that he seniors.

Conclusively, a man is the boss over his wife but that does not make her his slave. They are to love and respect each other mutually. The man should love and adore his wife while his wife should be submissive to him. This is my own opinion.

What is this garbage??-----»a girl should be the one to cook in the house and serve the boy even if the boy is her junior.

God bless my parents.

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
maclatunji:

My point exactly, Estrogen is not equal to Testosterone. Woman is not equal to Man. I don't say she is inferior but I say she is subjected to him. Anyways, I have good news for you, Man would be miserable without Woman so she can hold on to that. grin

Testosterone is not equal to estrogen so come onnnnn. What? a woman is subjected to a man? are you kidding me? so I am subjected to my male colleagues? you have got to be kidding me grin You have no idea how stubborn I am and how many times I have stood up to my male colleagues to the extent say when I start my craze, everybody shifts grin

naijababe: Abasi mbok!!! Sons are not equals to daughters, God have mercy o shocked
Why do people assume every man wants a yes woman?! If OP were married to my hubby, she would not last a week.

True, men love challenges sometimes. I mean, I have heard men say the reason why they kept pursuing their wives(who were gf's at that time) was because they were tough, not tough in the shakara business, but tough mentally, and physically, women that can stand up to any man anytime anyday)
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
I just feel Ladies should marry men that reasons the same way they do. You don't go marrying a very cultural man and expect not to be a yes wife.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2012

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are we back in 500 A.D?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
jennykadry:

Lol see you. They had to make up a rule of "No bag leaves the school until after sports" and we had to walk like an hour to get to the sports field we used to use then. I kept disturbing my parents to change my bag because I had this Gigantic bag then, finally my dad did and bought me a much smaller one. So what I used to do every sports day (fridays) was go to school with only 2 books, after school and time to leave for the field. I take the books out of the bag and hide them just at the back of the food and nutrition lab and hide the empty bag underneath my singlet and tight. grin once we got close to my estate, I quickly dodged inside and gbam that's me missing another sports trip
lol, ur a pro!! Mine was boarding, so we needed a doctors report and my mum said no to faking a doctors report, so my mates and I used to take turns in falling down so they'll stop the early morning jogging, I joined them till I had a real nasty fall and got a scar. From SS2, I started entering class 2 sleep.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ijebabe: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
StateOfMind:

What is this garbage??-----»a girl should be the one to cook in the house and serve the boy even if the boy is her junior.

God bless my parents.

What I understood from what Obinoscopy said is that men and women are different and have different roles. It doesn't mean that men can't cook for women or women can't do hard labour. As long as there is mutual respect.
Obinoscopy please clarify.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by onoja12: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2012
my sister may God give u more wisdom dont join issues with time teach hard lessons,faminst end up divorced and unmarried.i know of one faminist she competed with her husband on every issure,drewing strenght from her friends today the husband is late now she just discovered that isnt what she thought
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Obinoscopy(m): 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
ijebabe:

What I understood from what Obinoscopy said is that men and women are different and have different roles. It doesn't mean that men can't cook for women or women can't do hard labour. As long as there is mutual respect.

Thanks Ijebabe. I just don't know why they are all excited at my post. There's nothing wrong with a girl serving her junior brothers food, just as there's nothing wrong a boy serving a girl food; the watch word is mutual understanding. As long as there's the understanding that she's just playing her role as a woman and he's playing his role as a man. The fact that she's serving her juniors or the fact that he's doing all the working instead of his juniors should not be understood as being treated like a slave. I repeat, the watch word is mutual understanding.

I've seen families where its the girl dat cooks and serve her junior siblings. But she's still being respected as their senior and is accorded her well deserved respect. Offcourse if she and other gals are not in the house or if they're tired or sick, its the guys that do the cooking and serving.

Hope I've clarified myself?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by denzel2009: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2012

She should also be on her kneels while serving cos I don't like my girls standing to serve me.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by StateOfMind: 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
ijebabe:

His post was making sense until I saw that part. As far as I'm concerned,the poster with the successive posts on this thread already did justice to the topic. I think if the last paragraph of the original post is modified, the thread will pass across a better message.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by lovejo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
Equality and inferiority is 2 different things, women are not inferior but equality can be subjective to the situation. Poster is talking from marriage perspective and it should not go beyond that. A good husband value and respect his wife which is mutual.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by manny4life(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
taryour: Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

What? No offense but sister, it people like you who twist the Bible upside down and claim what the Bible hasn't said. In addition to that, you just read the literal interpretation of the Bible. Where in the Bible did God say that a Man is the head of a Woman or did it say, the Man is the head of the HOUSEHOLD, including wive(s), children, maids, what have etc...

Is it not the same Bible that said he created ALL MEN EQUAL and his own image? Though God acknowledged that there are slaves/free poor/rich, husband/wives etc... So where did God state all of these you have said?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by StateOfMind: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2012
denzel2009:

She should also be on her kneels while serving cos I don't like my girls standing to serve me.

LMAO!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by StateOfMind: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Thanks Ijebabe. I just don't know why they are all excited at my post. There's nothing wrong with a girl serving her junior brothers food, just as there's nothing wrong a boy serving a girl food; the watch word is mutual understanding. As long as there's the understanding that she's just playing her role as a woman and he's playing his role as a man. The fact that she's serving her juniors or the fact that he's doing all the working instead of his juniors should not be understood as being treated like a slave. I repeat, the watch word is mutual understanding.

I've seen families where its the girl dat cooks and serve her junior siblings. But she's still being respected as their senior and is accorded her well deserved respect. Offcourse if she and other gals are not in the house or if they're tired or sick, its the guys that do the cooking and serving.

In your initial post, you used the word 'should' , I interpreted that to be an obligation. Now that you have added 'mutual understanding' , I think its a bit clearer.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
neyostica:

MICHELIN YOU DISAPPOINT ME, SMDH

How do I disappoint you?

Is it wrong for me to encourage women to advocate woman-woman respect; men to advocate man-woman respect; the same way women (and men) are stressing (other) women to be respectful and submissive to men?

Sorry if I have offended you. I didn't know it was now immoral to respect women or for women to demand for respect.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ijebabe: 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
Obinoscopy:

You are clarified smiley
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by emofine2(f): 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
P.S. To adherents of this tenet; is there equality in "heaven"?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by MahatmaGhandi: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
maclatunji: Men and women are not equal, but there has to be equity. A woman will always have some men she is ahead of in many matters. So, it is not a one-size-fits-all thing. However, if you are talking about Husband and wife, the husband is definitely the leader.

You hit the nail on the head with that "if you are talking about Husband and wife, the husband is definitely the leader",we must all realise males and females where made from different materials to perform different functions at home and in society. in regards to the family unit the father is the head of the home,this does not make the wife his slave but partner. No man has the right to demand "wifely" respect from a woman that is not his wife. For the men I advise you to treat the ladies with regards and the women should do all to avoid hurting the ego of men the end result of doing otherwise leaves society with shameful scares. (I stand to be corrected in all these)
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ektbear: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
Heh.

My 17 year old sister is better than 99% of men on this planet. Talk less of equal.

I'm not even a male feminist or something...just game recognize game.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
I quite agree that a man and a woman are not equals. But there should be mutual respect. Mothers teach your male children to treat the females as flowers who should b cherished. Also, teach your female children to respect any man no matter his social standing.
I love my husband and I'm contented with how we relate. I have no need to be his equal. He gives me all the respect i need and i respect him too. For me his word is final in the family, because he is not selfish
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by habiolah(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
couldnt read all the responses, but I dont think that the Bible says womenfolk should be subject to menfolk; it says a woman should be subject to her head (husband). How she learns this submission is a totally different question. Methinks the Bible says 'there is neither male nor female' or am I wrong? Gal 3:28
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by pwilliams: 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
Women can never b equal with me is only foolis and childish 4 any1 2 say dat rite 4rm d onset women has always been unda men buh dat nt 2 say dey are inferior we should view dem as
God does and treat dem wit respect and care cos dey are weaker vessle
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Ideasroole: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
The woman Came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be Walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but From the side to be equal. Under the arm to be Protected, and next to the heart to be loved. cheesy
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
In marriage they are not equal. The man is the head SIMPLES

dayokanu:

The society as Well as women allude to the fact that they are the inferior sex either overtly or covertly.

Women want some concession based on their sex, they expect a man to open door, allow them sit first, not engage in any struggle with them, attack the man and not expect him to retaliate etc

These are traits shown by inferior classes.

You cant ask me to give you concessions and at the same time claim we are equals.

Its like in a 100m race, you ask me to give you a 40m gap/head start, yet claim we are equal.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu: In marriage they are not equal. The man is the head SIMPLES

Being the head does not make the man more superior. It just means that he's given the responsibility to fend for the family while the woman assists him by taking care of the home front.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
2 women = 1 man .like it or leave it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? / How Did You Feel After Your First Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.