Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,511 members, 7,895,137 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (23022 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
cibilola: My prayer is that none of my kids will meet or get married to poster's kids (male or female). I am no feminist and I also firmly believe that my husband is the head of our home. I will bring up my kids to value and respect others and there shall be no favouritism whatsoever because one happens to be a girl and the other, a boy.

my kids n ur kids,well dats for God to decide. I am a married woman n my husband remains my head n will forever be my head but dat dosnt mean i am equal to him. If by chance i a man insults my integrity outside i sure will dish him wot he desrves n dat dosnt still mean i am equal to a man.tnk u
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:

can you explain this part because i dont get what you're trying to say.

and you repeated it here:

were you raised in the village by any chance? Just curious.

or is it your method of communication which is suspect.

well tpi@ if d only reason u av cone on this thread is to correct my english mistakes den goodluck to u cos odas av read n understood so i dont know how or y its difficult for u to understand. I wasnt raised in a village and even if i was,do u av a problem with that?

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

why not save this drama for your boyfriend?

do your personal preferences really concern anyone else?

as per equality- equality in being considered fair prey for any female the opposite gender to work their wiles on, to me, isnt necessarily something to be envied or attained for that matter.

learn the meaning of apples and oranges. Both are not the same even if they're fruit.

i dont av a boyfriend cos i am married with kids,but i doubt if u are married urself cos if u are u would av acted as one and not come out here to insult me.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
^are you female or male?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

well tpi@ if d only reason u av cone on this thread is to correct my english mistakes den goodluck to u cos odas av read n understood so i dont know how or y its difficult for u to understand. I wasnt raised in a village and even if i was,do u av a problem with that?

there's nothing wrong with being raised in a village, and neither is there anything wrong with having multiple ids to start meaningless threads.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:
^are you female or male?

i should b asking u dat question cos i indicated i am female but avnt indicated.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
yes, you're a rabble rouser just like i thought.

explain this:

(I have a ) Stubborn girlfriend

taryour: hello guys dis is my first post on nairaland and i want advice from u guys as regard my girlfriend.she is jst too stubborn please will like to know how to handle such situation so that she can listen to me at all times

https://www.nairaland.com/276584/sturborn-girlfriend#3925417

are you seun by any chance, or just one of his the usual touts around here.

silly question, i know. Isnt the answer obvious.

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

i should b asking u dat question cos i indicated i am female but avnt indicated.

female by choice or female by God?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@, what is happening this evening ehn? Oya can you spare Taryour the harassment and provide superior argument. This thread should not degenerate to a fight between you and taryour.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
^ please dont tell me you're that person. undecided
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
<<loud silence>>

undecided
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:
<<loud silence>>

undecided

Why should I be taryour? tpia, I am late for a meeting. We can banter later. #lovetherhymes
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:

female by choice or female by God?
I can see BABE's FBI trainee is doing a fine job
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:

explain this:

u realy got me laffing here. Let me explain to u well, this account by d name taryour was formerly used by my cousin who is male since i ad a little problem opening a new account for myself i decided to use his snc he was no longer intrested in d account,all i did was change d sex from M to F. As u would av noticed dat post as been there snc years back,so y not check d recent post from ,my fear of dilevery n downwards. But if u still think oderwise dat am male den goodluck to u ooo.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
hmmm.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 6:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

u realy got me laffing here. Let me explain to u well, this account by d name taryour was formerly used by my cousin who is male since i ad a little problem opening a new account for myself i decided to use his snc he was no longer intrested in d account,all i did was change d sex from M to F. As u would av noticed dat post as been there snc years back,so y not check d recent post from ,my fear of dilevery n downwards. But if u still think oderwise dat am male den goodluck to u ooo.

wow, all this explanation is for who exactly?

myself?

sweetie, concentrate on fooling the others, not me.

yall are gaining something from it, no doubt.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
maclatunji: tpia@, what is happening this evening ehn? Oya can you spare Taryour the harassment and provide superior argument. This thread should not degenerate to a fight between you and taryour.

dnt mind tipia@,i dont intead fighting him even if he or she wants a fight.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:

wow, all this explanation is for who exactly?

myself?

sweetie, concentrate on fooling the others, not me.

yall are gaining something from it, no doubt.

God help u ooo
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
tpia@:

explain this:

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by armyofone(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
OP,you try grin
drawing us back into stone age...do it gently sha.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by neyostica: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
@poster you are wrong, lets break it down
in the classroom: men and women are equal
in the office: men and women are equal
in politics: men and women are equal
in the society: men and women are equal
in marriage: man is head while woman is helpmate, so not equal

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
neyostica:
@poster you are wrong, lets break it down
in the classroom: men and women are equal
in the office: men and women are equal
in politics: men and women are equal
in the society: men and women are equal
in marriage: man is head while woman is helpmate, so not equal

hmmm, i hear u
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by EfemenaXY: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
armyofone: OP,you try grin
drawing us back into stone age...do it gently sha.

Couldn't have said it better.

@ poster, you do your female folk great injustice with a mindset as yours. It's been a long struggle over the centuries for women to get to this point.

Pls don't drag us back to the dark ages.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour: Many atimes av heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS D HEAD OF A WOMAN. it is only an insane woman dat will claim equality with her husband. No reason wotsoever makes us equal. As mothers do we intend training our female children into beleiving they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

OP,
Very nice theory,though I doubt if any woman puts it to practice in any relationship.
Of course I know that women can never be equal to men,and I am sure that deep down in their hearts even the most rabid feminist knows this,however the question is do women who post theories like this actually practice what they preach?
OP,in your house are you really totally submissive to your husband in body and soul?
Do you actually run to your husband for decisions on every problem in your household like a good submissive wife should and accept these decisions without any input.
Finally,on a personal note,what if Daddy decides to bring in a second wife today,will you accept this decision and welcome this woman into your home because your husband is the head of the home?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Johndoe100(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
It always amuses me when I see the internet Nigerians comingon here to pretend as if we live and operate in the same cultural enviroment, and of course this is without question the whiteman's culture. What is the Nigerian perspective on this issue, not what is right in Australia or America or Europe. How does a woman in the north, a devout muslim see all this? Why can't any of these issues be real, yes real. Do Nigerians consider women and men equal? Or is it Australians and Americans that live in Nigeria?
I think that it is safe to conclude that by culture and religion and practice, here in Nigeria women are NOT equal to men. Does that mean they are not appreciated, cannot achieve what they want? No, just that men are MEN and women are their second in command.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

OP,
Very nice theory,though I doubt if any woman puts it to practice in any relationship.
Of course I know that women can never be equal to men,and I am sure that deep down in their hearts even the most rabid feminist knows this,however the question is do women who post theories like this actually practice what they preach?
OP,in your house are you really totally submissive to your husband in body and soul?
Do you actually run to your husband for decisions on every problem in your household like a good submissive wife should and accept these decisions without any input.
Finally,on a personal note,what if Daddy decides to bring in a second wife today,will you accept this decision and welcome this woman into your home because your husband is the head of the home?

i was raised to b submissive to my husband just as my mother was to my father n my grandma to my grandfather and dat is why dey remain in thier husbands house till date. So it will be unwise of me not to follow their steps.

On d issue of a sencond wife, no woman would ever be happy to allow such,so God helping me i will not give my husband any reason wosover to look outside not to talk of bringing in a second wife. I am legally married n av kid for my husband so for dat reason alone we are stuck togeder till death do us part. No woman prays to share her husband with other women. But if dats d way God wnts it den who am i? Althoug it will realy hurt me to my bones.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

OP,

am glad my hubby is also a member on naira land so he knows all abt me.
i was raised to b submissive to my husband just as my mother was to my father n my grandma to my grandfather and dat is why dey remain in thier husbands house till date. So it will be unwise of me not to follow their steps.

On d issue of a sencond wife, no woman would ever be happy to allow such,so God helping me i will not give my husband any reason wosover to look outside not to talk of bringing in a second wife. I am legally married n av kid for my husband so for dat reason alone we are stuck togeder till death do us part. No woman prays to share her husband with other women. But if dats d way God wnts it den who am i? Althoug it will realy hurt me to my bones.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Johndoe100(m): 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

OP,
[b]OP,in your house are you really totally submissive to your husband in body and soul?

That's not really the way it works. Are you married?
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

am glad my hubby is also a member on naira land so he knows all abt me.

[b]If what you are saying is true,your type of woman is rare.
You are the true epitome of a submissive African woman who knows her role in the marriage unlike all these fake feminist wannabes.
I believe your husband cherishes you and loves the way you have instilled the true African culture of the place of men ,women and boys and girls in the minds of your children.
May you and your husband have a long lasting marriage.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
Richvkunt:

If what you are saying is true,your type of woman is rare.
You are the true epitome of a submissive African woman who knows her role in the marriage unlike all these fake feminist wannabes.
I believe your husband cherishes you and loves the way you have instilled the true African culture of the place of men ,women and boys and girls in the minds of your children.
May you and your husband have a long lasting marriage.
a very big AMEN to that. Tnk u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / That Childish Behavior You Still Do As An Adult.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.