Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10783305 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11969) (11970) (11971) (11972) (11973) (11974) (11975) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Is still in the running You should understand what that means na since the ballon d or is given on yearly performances
Btw wetin you talk no funny

Mbappe is no more in the running if you've been Ballon d'or awards for years. He can never win this year's, take it to the bank.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by arukwe123(m): 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Is still in the running You should understand what that means na since the ballon d or is given on yearly performances
Btw wetin you talk no funny
i still dey wonder undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
popizaino:

47 fouls was suffered in a 90 mins match and you you're bringing that rare moment to prove what exactly?

I didn't put gun to your head when you typed this.

Just asking you not to be reckless in your views. In fact, name one match in Copa America that proved your assertion right.

popizaino:

Copa America is tough.......forget the fact that Brazil and Argentina lived up to their standard by reaching the finals,they know what they went through before getting there. You cant watch any match in copa America for 2 straight minutes without the ref blowing for a foul and that tells you something about the competition itself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
chidekings:

even without lifting this copa,the odds are currently in messi's favour

I don't know why Kane's supporters can't see that.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
timbros:

In the average, Mourinho delivered more than one trophy per year in his stay at Man United.

If that's not success, I don't know what else is.

After Sir Alex, Man Utd have employed 5 managers. Among this 5, who is more successful than Mourinho?
Ok let's be frank if Jose won these 3 cups [Community Shield, EFL, EL] for Chelsea in a 3 year period will you consider it a success considering his pedigree and the club's?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

Mbappe is no more in the running if you've been Ballon d'or awards for years. He can never win this year's, take it to the bank.
Yes I think he won't win it but with his performances in the UCL and ligue 1, he's still in the running even if he would be the 8th best because a winner has not yet been announced, There's nothing hard to understand there, Ballon d or is a yearly award not a seasonal one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
timbros:

If Chelsea goes trophiless 4 years and, 4 managers later, we win ANY Cup, it's a success.

Look at all the wailing after Man Utd's UEL loss to Villarreal. The same UEL Mourinho won for United.

Again, Mourinho is your best manager after Sir Alex. Prove me wrong with evidence.
Was Sarri a success at Chelsea cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
chidekings:

even without lifting this copa,the odds are currently in messi's favour
na wetin people no understand, that's why they think messi and Kane are at almost the same levels in present rankings
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Trevor012:

Was Sarri a success at Chelsea cheesy cheesy

Which kind of question is this? Did Chelsea go trophiless 4 seasons before Sarri?

If Chelsea goes trophiless 4 years and, 4 managers later, we win ANY Cup, it's a success.

Look at all the wailing after Man Utd's UEL loss to Villarreal. The same UEL Mourinho won for United.

Again, Mourinho is your best manager after Sir Alex. Prove me wrong with evidence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jodera:
na wetin people no understand, that's why they think messi and Kane are at almost the same levels in present rankings
Kane ko Koboko ni, Messi and Lewandowski are the front-runners, Did kane score up to 30 goals this year alone, I'm even surprised nobody has been talking about Jorginho since cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2021
Havertz10:
they bought and sold our people, stole various valuables from us under the guise of colonization, took advantage of us and enriched themselves with our natural resources, created divisions among us so that we will remain underdeveloped, forced religion on our people so we will be backwards and steal our best minds today

Football is a game but I would be foolish to celebrate with such snakes

It is 2021 and you are still blaming the British for your underdevelopment, when are you all going to take responsibility for your problems that you all created rather than pointing fingers ? The colonial masters are never your problem but you and your leaders .

Meanwhile look at this gesture from the people you called snake and ask God to forgive you

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
handelex:
Ok let's be frank if Jose won these 3 cups [Community Shield, EFL, EL] for Chelsea in a 3 year period will you consider it a success considering his pedigree and the club's?

Again, let me stress my point...

And Mourinho won those trophies in 2 years, not 3.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
timbros:

Which kind of question is this? Did Chelsea go trophiless 4 seasons before Sarri?

Forget about trophy less or united for now was Sarri a success at Chelsea yes or no?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Yes I think he won't win it but with his performances in the UCL and ligue 1, he's still in the running even if he would be the 8th best because a winner has not yet been announced, There's nothing hard to understand there, Ballon d or is a yearly award not a seasonal one

Every footballer that played last season is still in the running for Ballon d'or if i want to reason like you. Marcos Alonso is still in the running too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

I didn't put gun to your head when you typed this.

Just asking you not to be reckless in your views. In fact, name one match in Copa America that proved your assertion right.

Show me a single match in this Euro that has recorded 47 fouls in 90minutes and I will accept that copa America isnt tougher .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MykeFootball: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hi Everyone. This is MykeFootball from DrawBox Team. We offer football draws predictions on a weekend basis. Our football predictions are usually ready by 1pm every Thursday. Visit our blog (3draws..com) for inquiry or call 08036007487 for more. Cheers and have a nice football weekend ahead. DrawBox Team Leader.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

Every footballer that played last season is still in the running for Ballon d'or if i want to reason like you. Marcos Alonso is still in the running too.
Mbappe has 29 goals and 7 assists for this year, that should warrant him a place in the top 10, What impact did bench warming Alonso do to warrant a place there?
Alonso ko Xabi ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Trevor012:

Forget about trophy less or united for now was Sarri a success at Chelsea yes or no?

I don't get how Sarri came into the discussion.

Why will I forget Mourinho's achievement in Man United and start discussing Sarri with you when the genesis of this discussion is a tweet that has to do with Mourinho?

What we should be talking about is, who is United's best manager since Sir Alex?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Kane ko Koboko ni, Messi and Lewandowski are the front-runners, Did kane score up to 30 goals this year alone, I'm even surprised nobody has been talking about Jorginho since cheesy
Lol...
Even Kane go dey shocked say dem dey call him name sef grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
popizaino:

Show me a single match in this Euro that has recorded 47 fouls in 90minutes and I will accept that copa America isnt tougher .

I never argued about the toughness of one competition and the other. What i debunked was your reckless statement below.

popizaino:

Copa America is tough.......forget the fact that Brazil and Argentina lived up to their standard by reaching the finals,they know what they went through before getting there. You cant watch any match in copa America for 2 straight minutes without the ref blowing for a foul and that tells you something about the competition itself.

Not different from how some Barcabots would just open mouth waaaa and say Busquets is the greatest DM ever.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Correction.

Van Gaal won FA Cup for Man United in between so you guys didn't go trophiless since 2013.

But that doesn't make Van Gaal stint in Man United better than Mourinho's.

Cc: Trevor012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Mbappe has 29 goals and 7 assists for this year, that should warrant him a place in the top 10, What impact did bench warming Alonso do to warrant a place there?

What people were discussing here was, who deserves to win Ballon d'or. And names like Kane, Messi, Jorginho were flying up and down. You are the one introducing top 7, top 10, top 20 to prove that Mbappe is among, like it's a music countdown.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
popizaino:

It is 2021 and you are still blaming the British for your underdevelopment, when are you all going to take responsibility for your problems that you all created rather than pointing fingers ? The colonial masters are never your problem but you and your leaders .

Meanwhile look at this gesture from the people you called snake and ask God to forgive you

causality, you can't put two incompatible elements together and expect them to bond, talkless of multiple elements, story begins with them, they united cultures that should have remained divided simply because it was convenient for them, americans donate their organs everyday, e no mean say dem no kill innocent lives to steal their lands

A generation which ignores history has no past and no future
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

What people were discussing here was, who deserves to win Ballon d'or. And names like Kane, Messi, Jorginho were flying up and down. You are the one introducing top 7, top 10, top 20 to prove that Mbappe is among, like it's a music countdown.
I know what people were discussing, I ain't blind, what I wrote was Mbappe is in the running even though his chances have reduced , didn't say he's the favorite, before this discussion went to you bringing Marcos Alonso (abomination) I've brought mbappe's stats for 2021 bring Alonso's contribution to Chelseas defence too cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
timbros:

Again, let me stress my point...

And Mourinho won those trophies in 2 years, not 3.
We were not trophy-less before Jose came, matter of fact VanGaal was sacked after he won the FA cup so their goes your narrative. United wanted to win the League and become a powerhouse on the pitch again, that's why Jose was hired but he failed period. Those cups he won were suppose to be bonuses to him not the main goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

I know what people were discussing, I ain't blind, what I wrote was Mbappe is in the running even though his chances have reduced , didn't say he's the favorite, before this discussion went to you bringing Marcos Alonso (abomination) I've brought mbappe's stats for 2021 bring Alonso's contribution to Chelseas defence too cheesy

Is Mbappe in the running to win Ballon d'or?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
handelex:
We were not trophy-less before Jose came, matter of fact VanGaal was sacked after he won the FA cup so their goes your narrative. United wanted to win the League and become a powerhouse on the pitch once again, that why Jose was hired but he failed period. Those cups he won were suppose to be bonuses to him not the main goal.

Moyes
Van Gaal
Giggs
OGS (so far)
Mourinho

Who is the better Man United coach?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
airmark:

I never argued about the toughness of one competition and the other. What i debunked was your reckless statement below.

Not different from how some Barcabots would just open mouth waaaa and say Busquets is the greatest DM ever.

Be looking for the slightest error where there is none. I have already made my point clearly by saying the copa America was much more tougher than the euros,the fouls committed in that Argentina/Colombia game also laid support to my assertion and that is all that matters. Two mins without the referee blowing is me trying to tell him how frequent foul breaks occur in the game .

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
popizaino:

Be looking for the slightest error where there is none. I have already made my point clearly by saying the copa America was much more tougher than the euros,the fouls committed in that Argentina/Colombia game also laid support to my assertion and that is all that matters. Two mins without the referee blowing is me trying to tell him how frequent foul breaks occur in the game .

grin

Foul every 2 mins in all Copa America matches. grin

That's how you guys hyped Fraudiola too. Now without Messi, he still can't win Ucl after spending like bastard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
timbros:

Moyes
Van Gaal
Giggs
OGS (so far)
Mourinho

Who is the better Man United coach?
Among these coaches you mentioned, who is most rated and has the highest pedigree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ibime:

This is rubbish and comparing apples with oranges.

None of these are structural problems just minor irritations.

When a team get it's structure right, it will be ready to win. No England.manager took the hard decision to get the structure right and wasted those guys International careers pandering to Beckham for the most part of their careers.

There is reason why Kanu and Yakubu could not win AFCON despite playing multiple tournaments with more illustrious names (on paper) but as soon as Nigeria got it's structure right, Stephen Mba, Brown Ideye and Emenike were able to do so.

When Spain was ready to win, they waffed Raul and said they are not playing 2 striker formation to accommodate Raul again. That was what birthed the 2008 generation - a change of structure.

Like I said England wasted these players prime careers pandering to David Beckham and 4-4-2 formation. Imagine Gerrard playing DM and Lampard CM in a midfield two while Paul Scholes was moved out to the left wing. Is that where they play for their clubs? So all you have is names on paper without getting the qualities out of the players. Paul Scholes even had to quit in disgust at this mismanagement of their talents. Like I always say in football, if you don't have a defensive midfielder, you are not ready to win. And worse if you play two attacking midfielders in an outdated midfield 2 just to fit names on a teamsheet while every other team has moved to 3 central midfielders.

Every example you gave above are minor irritations, not structural issues.

You say Spain didn't have a striker. That's because they chose not to play with a striker. They still have David Villa, Guiza, Alvaro Negredo if they want. It's their choice to go with David Silva upfront. And we are talking David Silva, not Emile Heskey or Peter Crouch that England were forced to use.

Ozil always played left-wing for Germany cutting inside as Muller always had the AM position. It's their choice. They could still use Gotze or Schurrle there if they want, not having to rely on an Aaron Lennon or a Shaun Wright Phillips. It's not like they were back to the days of relying on David Odonkor or Asamoah to fill that position.

Any other thing you mentioned is just trolling talks and is not valid. Fabregas was a great AM in the 2000s. How is having Fabregas playing AM for Spain in 2008 an impediment?

The only team there that fought against the odds were Greece and Portugal, but at the very least they had a clear 4-5-1 structure and parked bus throughout the tournament. That does not make that Portugal team better than the team of Costinha, Maniche, Deco, Figo, Ronaldo. Some luck is still involved.

End of the day, England coaches mismanaged their players and were the only big team going to tournaments with 4-4-2 formation in order to fit in a certain David Beckham, completely ruining the structure of the team. There were also poor players making up the squad. Many legends were wasted and are on this table, not only Lampard but Gerrard and Scholes too. Bring any of them into this current England team and they are walking into the team and winning the tournament.

All this talk can only fool those without a first hand experience of the tactical details of that era.

Winning has to do with many things and more importantly the competition you face on the way. Kanu and Okocha and Aiyegbeni were facing top Cameroun, top CoteDIvore and top Egypt while Sunday Mba and co were facing Mali and Burkina Faso. There was no structure that was right with Emenike and co that was not better with the Eagles of 2000 to 2006 that failed to win

2. Most teams in that era played 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, 2 Strikers, 1 DM and 1 AM. So if 442 made England structurally bad there were other bad teams as well. While Beckham was grossly overrated, He cannot shoulder the blame for the poor English display alone

By 2008 Beckham already retired yet they couldn't win the world cup when Gerrard and Lampard were in their prime yet they couldn't even qualify for Euros cos they finished in qualifiers behind Croatia and Russia. In 2010 Beckham was also out of the team yet they struggled to make it out of the groups before falling to Germany filled with mostly boys who just won the Euro U21(Khedira, Ozil, Boateng, Neuer) and some mediocre senior players(Friedrich, Podolski Mertersacker) plus a 20yr old Muller

Ozil did not always play LW for Germany In 2010 world cup his debut, he played AM while Muller was the RW and Podolski the LW with Schweinsteiger and Khedira in midfield

What is the difference between a Schurlle and a Defoe or Joe Cole? Is it that Schurlle was better?

An English team that had Rio, Terry, Cashley, Gerrard Lampard Beckham Rooney Those are 7 players that have been tagged best in their positions at different times. Best defenders, best midfielders, best strikers failing to win Is a big shame to them and someone like Lampard will carry a lot of the blame

Lampard played his first tournament for England in 2004, he retired in 2014. 6possible tournaments, Beckham was only available for 2 of them

What does it tell when you have a player with this type of record below

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hooligans cheesy na dem

How many billionaires in the world are british? cheesy

All they know is hooliganism and monarchy ass licking, disgusting

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11969) (11970) (11971) (11972) (11973) (11974) (11975) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Whizlight(m), Jodera, bolu96(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.