Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,199 members, 7,925,717 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11081412 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (19799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

To pass after Ba wasted 3 clear chances? Same thing I woulda said if it was Torres

Dayo....Make we finish match 1st before we start that one....

How your weekend though?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
Talk about hitting top form at a very crucial time of the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
coogar: gradually, the kraut is realising ba is not an improvement on torres.....

Ba is getting chances/shots and but he isnt burying chances, Torres on the other hand doesnt position himself to get chances/shots
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Ba is getting chances/shots and but he isnt burying chances, Torres on the other hand doesnt position himself to get chances/shots

I'm sure even you must have noticed how deep Ba has been forced to drop to get a touch of the ball.

Ba is yet to have a shot(at time of writing) all 2nd half.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I'm sure even you must have noticed how deep Ba has been forced to drop to get a touch of the ball.

Ba is yet to have a shot(at time of writing) all 2nd half.

How many did he get in the first half? His profligacy today must have been why those midfielders decide to go themselves

Ba's finishing today has been 3rd division level
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ba shar undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Chances galore for Ba. He just can't do anything right today, can he?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Can anyone else see how Lampard has been robbing Ba all day? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Is today profligacy day undecided Or JJ is world class?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Is today profligacy day? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: Can anyone else see how Lampard has been robbing Ba all day? undecided

None except errant hater like you.

Lamps has given Ba enough through balls and clear chances today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: Can anyone else see how Lampard has been robbing Ba all day? undecided
Na lie jor, Ba has had more than enough chances to get on the score sheet absent Lampard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Routinesmiley, except for the profligacy undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
nitlad: Na lie jor, Ba has had more than enough chances to get on the score sheet absent Lampard.

Abi o. Na Lampard tell Demba Ba to dey miss chances? If Ba was interested in scoring today he had enough chances to score a hat trick
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ba didnt even have a single shot all 2nd half...

Twice in the final minutes, Ba was on the left flank trying to make himself useful.

While Lamps was taking shots IN THE BOX.

Yes Ba was criminally wasteful with his chances, but those chances were few for the nigga.

In any case, I ask the discerning audience again - Is Ba a significant improvement on Torres?

If Yes...Why?

If No...Why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nearly all the players played like Torres in front of goal today especially Ba. Is it a bug or something? the T-bug I guess.

sha 3 points and on to the next one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
ma friend you say what? Ba had more than enough chances today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
FBS:
ma friend you say what? Ba had more than enough chances today.

I agree sir...I just feel that Lampard and Mata had more chances than he did...

I mean if he wasn't so wasteful, Lampard could have had a Hat-trick today - That's how many chances he had!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Extreme profligacy. We are witnessing the effects of prolonged periods of not scoring - strikers lose confidence. Simple as!
Whether or not he gets it back is debatable but it is evident that Ba has remained far less clinical than he was at Newcastle and has clearly lost confidence. Where have we seen this before?

This subject has been over-flogged on here. Peops will just have to rest in their own halves desperately glued to their own opinions.
Debating this has long become a futile exercise.

-----------

Meanwhile I am getting thrilled by Hazard. The dude is slowly coming into the zone.
Adding goal-scoring to his plethora of attributes could make this dude anything he wants to be.

I still need me an upgrade on Moses.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: Ba didnt even have a single shot all 2nd half...

Twice in the final minutes, Ba was on the left flank trying to make himself useful.

Yes Ba was criminally wasteful with his chances, but those chances were few for the nigga.

In any case, I ask the discerning audience again - Is Ba a significant improvement on Torres?

If Yes...Why?

If No...Why?

only a complete lunatic would compare chelsea's demba ba to the free scoring demba ba of newcastle. if that was torres today firing blanks from good chances, the kraut and his army of mental handicaps would say he's finished!

is this not the same demba ba that had scored 13 league goals before joining chelsea? why is ba suddenly useless at chelsea but scoring freely at newcastle?

obviously, something is wrong with the chelsea system......and if it's the system that is flawed then torres is not dud!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
@Nateevs and Coogar...Mehn I tire for matter o...

I'm just waiting for somebody to come and Say that Torres is a Dud again...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ba needs to play regularly. Torres was and he FAILED! simples.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: @Nateevs and Coogar...Mehn I tire for matter o...

let me load ba's chances in comparison to the midfielders behind him and expose tactical frauds like dayokanu and his cohorts.....cheiiii, may God bless opta stats....

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: Ba didnt even have a single shot all 2nd half...

If Yes...Why?

If No...Why?

Which chances were few? I could could at least 3 in the first half alone In the second half, Demba Ba was set free and he had a shot blocked by a recovering defender Was that lampards fault that he had a shot blocked.

is Ba an improvement over Torres Yes. Ba still manage to get in position to take shots while Torres is usually completely useless complaining they dont give him chances

Like I always ask where does Demba get those chances which he scores few and wastes a lot from?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2013

Torres is a dud, there i said it cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
nateevs: Extreme profligacy. We are witnessing the effects of prolonged periods of not scoring - strikers lose confidence. Simple as!
Whether or not he gets it back is debatable but it is evident that Ba has remained far less clinical than he was at Newcastle and has clearly lost confidence. Where have we seen this before?

This subject has been over-flogged on here. Peops will just have to rest in their own halves desperately glued to their own opinions.
Debating this has long become a futile exercise.

Demba ba might be suffering from not playing regularly Players need confidence.

If Demba has the kind of uninterrupted run Torres had this season 20 straight league games started

He would score more than 7 that The dud has
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2013

0 goals this calendar year isnt dud enough?

7 goals in 27 games for NT isnt dud enough? What could be dudder than that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
coogar:

only a complete lunatic would compare chelsea's demba ba to the free scoring demba ba of newcastle. if that was torres today firing blanks from good chances, the kraut and his army of mental handicaps would say he's finished!

is this not the same demba ba that had scored 13 league goals before joining chelsea? why is ba suddenly useless at chelsea but scoring freely at newcastle?

obviously, something is wrong with the chelsea system......and if it's the system that is flawed then torres is not dud!

The Demba ba that was scoring 13 league goals was playing every single game unlike in Chelsea where the Dud takes valuable time.

Dud started all league games before Ba and scored 7 measly league goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

If Demba has the kind of uninterrupted run Torres had this season 20 straight league games started

where was this silly excuse when drogba was hampering torres' number of appearances. you are a fraud with your illogical analysis. ba and torres are not duds, the chelsea system is the problem. look at the number of chances lampard(from a deep position) got at goal while the lead striker got crumbs......how would this lead striker match van persie, suarez or even lambert when the chances are few and far between?

dayokanu:
The Demba ba that was scoring 13 league goals was playing every single game unlike in Chelsea where the Dud takes valuable time.

Dud started all league games before Ba and scored 7 measly league goals

you are a lunatic.....
hernandez and edin dzeko are good examples that sitting on the bench via rotation is motivational. a striker would score goals anytime he's called upon to do business. ba does not suffer any confidence crisis. he does not get many chances!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Which chances were few? I could could at least 3 in the first half alone In the second half, Demba Ba was set free and he had a shot blocked by a recovering defender Was that lampards fault that he had a shot blocked.

is Ba an improvement over Torres Yes. Ba still manage to get in position to take shots while Torres is usually completely useless complaining they dont give him chances

Like I always ask where does Demba get those chances which he scores few and wastes a lot from?

Thank God for Opta stats that prove what I saw...

How can a man playing from a WITHDRAWN position have more shots than his striker?

And you say the Striker is having chances?

My question was, Is Ba a SIGNIFICANT improvement over Torres?

Ba did not have a single shot in the 2nd half...Not a single shot.

There is something wrong when previously free scoring strikers cease to perform when brought to the bridge!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

That is despite the point.
Strikers don't need to play regularly to score goals. I cannot accept that.
How do you explain Chicarito and Le Fondre coming in for the odd minute yet finding the back of the net?

The only explanation leans towards our point of view.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
dayokanu:

another retardëd theory plucked from your own rectum....
torres does not get into positions to fire shots? are you sure? let me check opta stats of the corresponding fixture at upton park earlier in the season to prove your brilliance or stupidity.

there you go - dayo's stupidity has been confirmed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (19799) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jskelly11, Neimarjr, obonujoker(m), NerdSciBot and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.