Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,311 members, 7,971,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism (16441 Views)

Lamido Sanusi, Ganduje At Global Islamic Summit In Dubai....photos / Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Beaf: 4:46am On Apr 24, 2012
I don't give a toss about Emeagwali who has zero effect on my wellbeing. Sanusi is the CBN governor for Christ sakes! angry
Am I going to hear next that some Yoruba or Igbo mechanic plagiarised, therefore Sanusi's crime is of no gravity?

I wonder why stark fools like Rhino.5dm are not simply electrocuted.

Imagine comparing the CBN governor who runs our financial policy to Emeagwali who is fuckall to the Nigerian system? How stup!d can one get?

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 4:48am On Apr 24, 2012
omongbatic: To whom did Emeagwali misrepresent himself? In a court of law? Before the scientific community or before gullible Nigerians?
If he committed a fraud why was he not charged? We are talking of the USA not Nigeria, remember?

I bought a piece of furniture for 800 dollars and I told my friends it sold for 2000. That is what Emeagwali did. Morally wrong? Yes. A fraud? No.

There is no point turning this into an Emeagwali thread. The particular fraudulent goose I'd like to see cooked in this thread is SLS.

If you like, open up a new thread on Emeagwali and we can do it there.

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Rhino5dm: 4:50am On Apr 24, 2012
Fool.

Beaf: I don't give a toss about Emeagwali who has zero effect on my wellbeing. Sanusi is the CBN governor for Christ sakes! angry
Am I going to hear next that some Yoruba or Igbo mechanic plagiarised, therefore Sanusi's crime is of no gravity?

Imagine comparing the CBN governor who runs our financial policy to Emeagwali who is fuckall to the Nigerian system? How stup!d can one get?
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 4:52am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear:

There is no point turning this into an Emeagwali thread. The particular fraudulent goose I'd like to see cooked in this thread is SLS.

You should be talking to Jason123 and to yourself

You wrote this, did you not? You joined a useless fray and now your turn around to talk crap?

22. ekt_bear: Quote Post

Emeagwali is a larger fraud than Sanusi (assuming that this report is true.)

Or which is worse, plagiarism (Sanusi) or misrepresenting yourself as a PhD holder, lying about the importance of your research, etc (Emeagwali)?
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 4:53am On Apr 24, 2012
Beaf: I don't give a toss about Emeagwali who has zero effect on my wellbeing. Sanusi is the CBN governor for Christ sakes! angry

Precisely. Who the frigging hell is Emeagwali? He has no public office in Nigeria. It was stupid to even mention him here.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by jason123: 4:55am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear:

There is no point turning this into an Emeagwali thread. [/b]The particular fraudulent goose I'd like to see cooked in this thread is SLS.

Dapo, that's the exact same thing I thought of! Let's leave the Emeaguali story there!

However, for Sanusi, [b]Onlytruth
is right! This is indeed bad for Nigeria . . .IF TRUE!

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Onlytruth(m): 4:56am On Apr 24, 2012
Hmm, I just read that thread questioning Sanusi's masters degree claims. This latest saga truly bolsters the position of those who say he did not complete a master's degree. He would have known the gravity of this offense if he did.

My worry is that he sits on top of the Nigerian federal reserve bank.
How did this happen? embarassed

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 4:57am On Apr 24, 2012
jason123:

Dapo, that's the exact same thing I thought of! Let's leave the Emeaguali story there!

However, for Sanusi, Onlytruth is right! This is indeed bad for Nigeria . . .IF TRUE!

Good that you realize your folly.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 4:57am On Apr 24, 2012
No, the post was addressed to you. Not jason or myself...we both realize that he is a fraud.

I am not saying, "you are not permitted to say that up is up in this thread."

I am saying, "if you believe that up is in fact down (as Nchara does), let's discuss that in another thread."

Anyways..
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:04am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear: No, the post was addressed to you. Not jason or myself...we both realize that he is a fraud.

I am not saying, "you are not permitted to say that up is up in this thread."

I am saying, "if you believe that up is in fact down (as Nchara does), let's discuss that in another thread."

Anyways..

Then you are also a fraud. I recall you wrote here how you manipulate your data to use same data in more than one publication. Yours is even worse.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:12am On Apr 24, 2012

wtf?

I wrote a conference paper. Then wrote a journal paper which was an expanded version of the same thing. The journal is in fact published, and references the conference paper.

Since the journal was a superset of the contents of the conference, of course they'll contain the same plots. Would make no sense to regenerate the simulations...

I am not an experimental scientist like you (you are a crop production dude, iirc) where running a biology experiment is the main contribution of the paper...

Simulations demonstrate the empirical performance of what you developed, and aren't the key aspect.

Anyways..
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

CBN's website describes Sanusi as having degrees in Economics and Islamic law. Not precise what degrees (BS, MS) are those? On that basis, he has a leeway to obfuscate the facts of his qualifications.

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/RetiredExecutive.asp?Name=Mr.+Sanusi+Lamido+Sanusi+%28CON%29

But again, the new WB head has no Economic/Banking degree. Thus, difficult to fault Sanusi based on his degrees.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by jason123: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear:

wtf?

I wrote a conference paper. Then wrote a journal paper which was an expanded version of the same thing. The journal is in fact published, and references the conference paper.

Since the journal was a superset of the contents of the conference, of course they'll contain the same plots. Would make no sense to regenerate the simulations...

I am not an experimental scientist like you (you are a crop production dude, iirc) where running a biology experiment is the main contribution of the paper...

Simulations demonstrate the empirical performance of what you developed, and aren't the key aspect.

Anyways..

Dapo, drop it man. It's not worth it (arguing with Nchara).
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:15am On Apr 24, 2012
Relax Jason, this is entertainment for me. It is fun smacking him down. Plus then when he brings up academic stuff, I get to remind him that he got his first degree in crop production cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:17am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear:

wtf?

Anyways..

You claimed you used the same data (presented in a different form) for your published papers. On that basis, you are a big fraud. Anyways, no need to waste my time with you.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by purity80(m): 5:20am On Apr 24, 2012
I'm tired of these tribal warlords on NL.
Must every topic be reduced to tribal debate?
must we respond to someone's coment?
Why not coment on the topic and leave instead of looking for who to attack.
you guys are reducing this forum to a child's play,
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:20am On Apr 24, 2012
Nchara. What I do is basically something related to applied math.

The 'data' for us is some simulation that we run that shows that our theoretical result in fact coincides with real life.

When I wrote the conference paper, I had a certain result. Ran some simulations to show that my theory matches reality.

By the time I wrote the journal version (which expanded and cleaned up the conference results), there was no reason to regenerate the same plots. That I obtained a sharper mathematical result doesn't mean I need to re-run the simulations again.

Heh.

I understand that this is difficult for you to comprehend. After all, you have a crop production brain, not a brain like mine cheesy

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:21am On Apr 24, 2012
purity80: I'm tired of these tribal warlords on NL.
Must every topic be reduced to tribal debate?
must we respond to someone's coment?
Why not coment on the topic and leave instead of looking for who to attack.
you guys are reducing this forum to a child's play,

All thanks to Jason, the Itshekiri-Yoruba miss road.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Onlytruth(m): 5:23am On Apr 24, 2012
omongbatic: Onlytruth:

CBN's website describes Sanusi as having degrees in Economics and Islamic law. Not precise what degrees (BS, MS) are those? On that basis, he has a leeway to obfuscate the fact of his qualifications.

http://www.cenbank.org/AboutCBN/RetiredExecutive.asp?Name=Mr.+Sanusi+Lamido+Sanusi+%28CON%29

But again, the new WB head has no Economic/Banking degree. Thus, difficult to fault Sanusi based on his degrees.

But bros e, Nigerian CBN nor be de same tin with World Bank o.
World bank already has highly enhanced operational processes that are almost self propelling. Secondly, the World Bank does not make Monetary Policy for anybody per se. They can simply advise and cajole (if they are interested). The CBN designs our national currency monetary (and sometimes FISCAL) policy. We've advanced a little bit from the days of half baked CBN bosses. I honestly thought that after Soludo, that Nigeria would NEVER again have CBN bosses that are not top level economists, like obtains in the US.

The least we can accept as a CBN boss is at least a Masters Degree in Economics. cool

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by jason123: 5:24am On Apr 24, 2012
I have never been a supporter of Saunsi but he is innocent until proven guilty!
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:25am On Apr 24, 2012
ekt_bear: Nchara. What I do is basically something related to applied math.

The 'data' for us is some simulation that we run that shows that our theoretical result in fact coincides with real life.

When I wrote the conference paper, I had a certain result. Ran some simulations to show that my theory matches reality.

By the time I wrote the journal version (which expanded and cleaned up the conference results), there was no reason to regenerate the same plots. That I obtained a sharper mathematical result doesn't mean I need to re-run the simulations again.

Heh.

I understand that this is difficult for you to comprehend. After all, you have a crop production brain, not a brain like mine cheesy

Then: ''I used same data for two published papers''-Dapo Bear
Now: ''I used data from a conference proceedings to write a published paper'' - ekt_bear.

Remember also you claimed to be helping illegal immigrants.

You are a fraud and a fraudulent liar.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:27am On Apr 24, 2012
jason123: I have never been a supporter of Saunsi but he is innocent until proven guilty!

And Emeagwali was proven guilty by who? Yet you call him a fraud and tried to derail this thread with your idiocy. You are such an i.d.iot.

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Onlytruth(m): 5:29am On Apr 24, 2012
jason123: I have never been a supporter of Saunsi but he is innocent until proven guilty!
Nobody says otherwise.
I'm worried about the much I read so far. The man either doesn't have a Masters degree or he did not complete the National Youth Service Corp (which is equally serious! ). So, which is it? How can he be CBN boss with either first degree or dogded NYSC?
He can't win either way. cool
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by omongbatic: 5:32am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth:
Nobody says otherwise.
I'm worried about the much I read so far. The man either doesn't have a Masters degree or he did not complete the National Youth Service Corp (which is equally serious! ). So, which is it? How can he be CBN boss with either first degree or dogded NYSC?

Aside Soludo, Isong and Ogwuma, how many other CBN govs hold a second degree or higher?
Chiroma even has only a first degree in History and he was the CBN gov.

A good first degree in a relevant discipline and considerable experience suffices, IMO.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by jason123: 5:35am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth:
Nobody says otherwise.

Onlytruth, if found to be true, I can pity the country. This was a man that was using all the "grammar" on TV to convince Nigerians why subsidy must go, yet, he will not have a degree in Economics? Why was he put there in the first place? Let me guess, QUOTA SYSTEM! This is what is killing Nigeria! Instead of competence, we go for ethnicity and religion! I am tempted to type down "USELESS COUNTRY"!
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:36am On Apr 24, 2012
omongbatic:

Then: ''I used same data for two published papers''-Dapo Bear
Now: ''I used data from a conference proceedings to write a published paper'' - ekt_bear.

Remember also you claimed to be helping illegal immigrants.

You are a fraud and a fraudulent liar.

Hold a sec. Let's leave the illegal immigrants one alone (for now) and settle this first.

So the two sentences you quoted...where is the contradiction? The conference paper was published too...both technically count as separate publications, though one is a superset of the other.

This is pretty common in certain fields. E.g., this famous paper: http://www-math.mit.edu/~goemans/PAPERS/maxcut-jacm.pdf

Notice that they conferenced it first (at STOC) before journalizing it (JACM)..
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:45am On Apr 24, 2012
I understand that this type of stuff might be way over your head. But as you can see from reading the above...their major contribution wasn't a bunch of experiments, like a crop production scientist (you) would do.

Their major contribution was mathematical analysis. The simulations they did only demonstrate their theory agrees with reality.

For all I know, the STOC version of the above has some table/plot that is exactly the same as the JACM version.

But who cares...certainly they aren't plagiarists for doing this. Any more than I am..
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by ektbear: 5:46am On Apr 24, 2012
Do you have any further questions, my befuddled crop scientist? I would be quite happy to clear any of them up for you, hehehe
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Onlytruth(m): 5:47am On Apr 24, 2012
omongbatic:

Aside Soludo, Isong and Ogwuma, how many other CBN govs hold a second degree or higher?
Chiroma even has only a first degree in History and he was the CBN gov.

A good first degree in a relevant discipline and considerable experience suffices, IMO.

How good a CBN boss was Ciroma? I wouldn't compare him with all the bolded names. Though Ogwuma was later found to have corruptly enriched himself, under him and Abacha, the Naira stabilized around N82/ 1 Dollar and Nigeria even saved up to billions of dollars in reserve for the first time. He was instrumental to Abacha's economic achievement even when oil prices were as low as $20/barrel.

My point anyway is that I was thinking that since Soludo, we should be looking for BETTER or at least same as Soludo.
It is this retrogressive tendencies in Nigeria that frustrates me a lot and convinces me that Nigeria should not continue to be one.
I don't see a Bachelors degree holder central bank governor of Biafra for example. Ain't ever happening. cool

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by wesley80(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth: I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.

DOES SANUSI HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN ECONOMICS or is that a lie too?
Chineke ekwela ihe ojoo. cry

Even if he doesn't, I'd say he's done superbly for someone with just a Bsc in Economics. The jury's still out on who's done better between him and a certain Prof and I can tell u its heavily skewed in favour of the Bsc Holder!
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kurus: 6:32am On Apr 24, 2012
SLS is a fraud, has always been and will always be. SLS has a first degree in Economics and a master degree in Islamic studies from Sudan. Thats why he has no idea of what cross-referencing is, even though he has a masters degree.

The wonder of it all is how a master holder in Islamic studies(of all things) was ever made CBN governor. Preposterous doesnt even begin to describe this
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 24, 2012
jason123:

You have just proved that the problem in Nigeria is TRIBALISM! When Nairalanders were calling Philip Emeaguali a fraud! You said, "Nigeria cannot develop because they do not value their own, they always pull their own down . . etc". Now because it's Sanusi and not an Igbo man, Emeaguali, you are here shouting "gravity of this offense". Did you not think about "gravity of this offense" when we have an alleged FRAUDSTER on our National post stamp?! Talk about hypocrisy that STINKS to the high heavens!

And is philip not a fraudster ? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group / Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.