Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,822 members, 7,942,074 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism (16407 Views)

Lamido Sanusi, Ganduje At Global Islamic Summit In Dubai....photos / Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by yommy2sure(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2012
Why do threads in the political section stink of TRIBALISM so much! He is 'innocent until proven guilty' and even if found gulity this should be a question of his true character and integrity. But for someone to gush out nonsense abt the schools he got his papers from is utmost nonsense and stupidity of the highest degree. Our problem in Nigeria truly goes beyond education and accumulation od certificates...our integrity is on trial...from corrupt judge claiming free conscience, to sacked auditing firms and then to this...*smh...isnt there goodnews in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by wesley80(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2012
kurus: SLS is a fraud, has always been and will always be. SLS has a first degree in Economics and a master degree in Islamic studies from Sudan. Thats why he has no idea of what cross-referencing is, even though he has a masters degree.

The wonder of it all is how a master holder in Islamic studies(of all things) was ever made CBN governor. Preposterous doesnt even begin to describe this

Are u daft or are you DAFT? Since when did Nigerias problem become a lack of educated or qualified folks? What every job in this country requires first and foremost is "honesty", every other thing including "qualifications" is secondary and that's exactly why Sanusi ranks up there as one of the very best CBN govs. Academic qualification does not rationalize performance. Get that into your head.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by uglybug: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2012
Nairalanders especially those in the diaspora should turn down the glaring tribal connotations on every comment and issue raised.
Whatever that is bad in yourobaland is equally bad in igboland and likewise in hausaland.
The hatred that is shown here isn't exactly like that on ground.
That said,Sanusi shouldn't have done what he did if it is true then he should be punished.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 24, 2012
I don't admire that CBN governor for anything. He such a prick!
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by chucky234(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2012
Plagiarism is a very serious offence and SLS don't need a Master degree to know that if he ever graced a University classroom,I am sure he has the publications of other authors where he constantly borrow grammars from to impress the populace and deceive us into believing that he is a master brainy grammarian and economic guru.
Well the man has to come out and clear himself because this is a national disgrace,what what would happened if the owner of the cited publications were a foreigner because he would blow this open in an international court of law outside the country.
SLS should sit up and desist from criminal indulgence.

1 Like

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by iykay4455(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2012
I wonder why Yoruba folks are defending sanusi.The earlier we accept the that sanusi is a big fraud,the better for every one.The man knows absolutely nothing.A complete carricature of soludo
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by iykay4455(m): 7:31am On Apr 24, 2012
uglybug: Nairalanders especially those in the diaspora should turn down the glaring tribal connotations on every comment and issue raised.
Whatever that is bad in yourobaland is equally bad in igboland and likewise in hausaland.
The hatred that is shown here isn't exactly like that on ground.
That said,Sanusi shouldn't have done what he did if it is true then he should be punished.

Tell that to people like Bluetooth,Internet warrior desola,eko ile,rhino and dayokanu
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Delafruita(m): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2012
IMO,sanusi is just an egocentric bigot who takes advantage of the gullibility of nigerians to make a hero out of himself.he has repeatedly taken the wrong step,broken the law,deceived the populace,endangered our fragile economy,etc.if indeed he is guilty of this,then i would love to see him punished
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by KINGwax(m): 7:50am On Apr 24, 2012
jason123:

You have just proved that the problem in Nigeria is TRIBALISM! When Nairalanders were calling Philip Emeaguali a fraud! You said, "Nigeria cannot develop because they do not value their own, they always pull their own down . . etc". Now because it's Sanusi and not an Igbo man, Emeaguali, you are here shouting "gravity of this offense". Did you not think about "gravity of this offense" when we have an alleged FRAUDSTER on our National post stamp?! Talk about hypocrisy that STINKS to the high heavens!
that bolded is an igbo syndrome
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by bakila: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth: Chei! Even the CBN boss? You see why I keep saying that it is insulting to the person of Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo to ever compare Sanusi with Soludo.
Soludo would cite HIS OWN articles! cool

But come o. Didn't Sanusi complete a Masters Degree thesis? If he ever did in a reputable institution, he would have understood the gravity of INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY. Citation of sources is like the single most important process in writting of academic/seminar papers.

Nna ike gwuru ndi ugwu o. ( I tire for mallam, wallahi) cry

This papa don come with we versus them again. Why una no vote soludo for Governor nah?
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by barikay: 8:03am On Apr 24, 2012
When u don't hav anytin to offer you will copy after all Obj and gej do arrangee doctorate degree
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by bakila: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2012
iykay4455: I wonder why Yoruba folks are defending sanusi.The earlier we accept the that sanusi is a big fraud,the better for every one.The man knows absolutely nothing.A complete carricature of soludo

Have you read Sanusi's Defence? What the man qouted as being plagarised can be riled out by 12 old as reason for our like of development. The man will have his case dismissed because he has no copyright to the bane of development in Nigeria.

A Lawyer has just provided employment for collegues and that Hause Prince's name is up for some bashing sha.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kurus: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2012
wesley80:

Are u daft or are you DAFT? Since when did Nigerias problem become a lack of educated or qualified folks? What every job in this country requires first and foremost is "honesty", every other thing including "qualifications" is secondary and that's exactly why Sanusi ranks up there as one of the very best CBN govs. Academic qualification does not rationalize performance. Get that into your head.

Insults and logic do not mix. A CBN governor is the ultimate job as far as the economy of a country is concerned. Show me ANY serious nation that put a master in theology/islamic studies as its CBN governor? The shame is that so called educated ones like you, see nothing wrong with these. How many people here will get on a plane being driven by a guy who is not a pilot, but who the airline feels should be able to drive a plane?

If naija leaders weren't such a shitty set of leaders, SLS would NEVER have become cbn governor. We can go much deeper into this if you want, but i await your response on countries who have cbn governors, who aint trained finance professionals. If you know the world of finance, you will know that the cbn governor has the final say over a nation's economy, even more than the president/head of state. One wrong advise from him and the economy is toast!
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kelvinuche(m): 8:32am On Apr 24, 2012
dike go on sanusi must pay for damages imagine a whole CBN governor in theft of academic materials
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Kechybee(f): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2012
I've never been a Sanusi fan. I just dont like him. He should be dealt with.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by KMOS: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2012
see bastards always trying to condemn sanusi cos he's hausa even compairing him with a corrupt soludo that sold nigeria to the lions of corruption that foolish nigerian from diaspora will be disappointed
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Kechybee(f): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2012
A thief is a thief. No bi today d man start. After stealing academic materials without citing d original author, which means he wants us to believe he genuinely did d work. U go hear am Sanusi.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by PeeDaVinci: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2012
plagiarism is wrong and if sanusi is guilty of it, i strongly think he should resign . . . it is fraud, straight and simple.

however, i wonder why some pple believe he is not suitable for CBN governor's job based on his degrees. this man holds a bsc in economics, lectured economics in a university, and has approx 25 years experience in the banking industry. . . what other credential do u want him to have?
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kurus: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2012
bakila:

Have you read Sanusi's Defence? What the man qouted as being plagarised can be riled out by 12 old as reason for our like of development. The man will have his case dismissed because he has no copyright to the bane of development in Nigeria.

A Lawyer has just provided employment for collegues and that Hause Prince's name is up for some bashing sha.

Excuse me sir, that defence does not hold water. Firstly, to write about a subject matter and come up with the same set of bullet points, same choice of words, same presentation, same context as some other published work is a rarity. in fact, it is impossible as something will be different, maybe a grammatical error, but to have it verbatim and word for word is plagiarism. To not have this same 'rarity' happen twice is daylight robbery.

Maybe i should let you know that i have seen thru sls from the day he was appointed. his recent actions show that no matter how much a leopard shaves its fur, it cannot change it spots when the hair grows back. a cbn governor that donates hundreds of millions of naira without a budget, without govt approval to religious crisis victims and other such silly egocentric actions he has taken obviously doesnt know what he is doing. The entire world of finance uses the action of the cbn governor of a nation to determine their financial perspective of that nation. The federal reserve bank governor and the BOE governor choose their words whenever they speak, cos one wrong word from them and the USD or GBP can lose 10% or more of its value asap.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by dubem3(m): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: Why the man dey sue im own country? No one tell am say im suppose be patriot . . . grin grin grin grin

story...
sanusi na im country?
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2012
Oh dear, the unraveling of Sanusi?
Since winning the crown of Central Bank Governor of the year 2011 - the poisoned chalice - it has being a case of one faux pas after the other!

Based on the list of scholarly works copied in below, can the NL commentariat assume SLS overreached himself by straying too far from his comfort zone? grin
Time will tell...

Sanusi, S. L. (1999). Issues in restructuring corporate Nigeria.

Sanusi, S. L. (2002). The Hudood Punishments in Northern Nigeria: A Muslim Criticism. Prepared for publication in ISIM News, the quarterly publication of the Institute for the Study of Islam in Modernity, Leiden, Holland.

Sanusi, S. L. (2001). Class, Gender and a Political Economy of “Sharia “. Weekly Trust, April, 6(12), 2003.

Sanusi, S. L. (2001). Women and Political Leadership in Muslim Thought: A Critique. Lagos.

Sanusi, S. L. (2002). The Politicisation of Ontological Questions: Discourses, Subjectivities and Family Law in Nigeria. International Conference on Muslim Family Law in sub-Saharan Africa, organised by the Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, South Africa (pp. 11–14).

Sanusi, S. L. (2004). Fundamentalist groups and the Nigerian legal system: some reflections.
A Imam.

Sanusi, S. L. (2004). Muslim Communities in Multi Religious Milieu: Some Reflections on the Madinan Constitution. Conflict: what has religion got to do with it?: an African-European dialogue, 159.

Sanusi, S. L. (2005). The West and the Rest: Reflections on the Intercultural Dialogue about Shari’ah. Comparative perspectives on Shariʻah in Nigeria, 251.

Sanusi, S. L. (2006). Shariacracy in Nigeria: the intellectual roots of islamist discourses. Retrieved (July 17, 2006) from http://www. nigerdeltacongress. com/sarticles/shariacracy_in_nigeria. htm.

Sanusi, S. L. (2007). Politics and Sharia in Northern Nigeria. Islam and Muslim Politics in Africa, ed. Benjamin F. Soares and René Otayek, 177–88.

Sanusi, S. L. (2010). The Nigerian Banking Industry: what went wrong and the way forward. Convocation Lecture delivered at the Convocation Square, Bayero University, Kano, on Friday, 26.

Sanusi, S. L. (2010). Growth Prospects for the Nigerian Economy. eight convocation lecture of Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Nigeria, November, 20.

Sanusi, S. L. (2010). GLOBAL FINANCIAL MELTDOWN AND THE REFORMS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING SECTOR. Being the full text of a Public Lecture delivered at the Convocation Square, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

Sanusi, S. L., & Governor, C. O. N. (2011). Banks in Nigeria and National Economic Development: A Critical Review. Keynote Address at the Seminar on ‘Becoming An Economic Driver While Applying Banking Regulations’, organized by the Canadian High Commission in Joint Collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) and the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) on March (Vol. 7, p. 2011).

Sanusi, S. L., & Governor, C. O. N. (n.d.). BANKING REFORMS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA.

Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Kechybee(f): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2012
@KMOS, If there's anyone corrupt, it is SANUSI. This has absolutely nothing to do with being Hausa or Fulani or Isan. The same criminal and corrupt blood in Sanusi runs in most Hausa civil servants. U guys keep sayng Ibos like money, I'm not Ibo, but I must tell u those guys are industrious and determined whether we like it or not. Infact, I must marry IBO. Check out d Pension fraud which is on-going and see d number of ur Hausa guys involved. Be dat as it may, Sanusi must go. He is a total failure. Tell me one good thing he has done to help dis Nation's economy.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by dubem3(m): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth: Chei! Even the CBN boss? You see why I keep saying that it is insulting to the person of Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo to ever compare Sanusi with Soludo.
Soludo would cite HIS OWN articles! cool

But come o. Didn't Sanusi complete a Masters Degree thesis? If he ever did in a reputable institution, he would have understood the gravity of INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY. Citation of sources is like the single most important process in writting of academic/seminar papers.

Nna ike gwuru ndi ugwu o. ( I tire for mallam, wallahi) cry

you de talk masters?
A first degree holder should know that.
Okwa ha siri na ha g'achi?... Ha chiwa nu.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kurus: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2012
PeeDaVinci: plagiarism is wrong and if sanusi is guilty of it, i strongly think he should resign . . . it is fraud, straight and simple.

however, i wonder why some pple believe he is not suitable for CBN governor's job based on his degrees. this man holds a bsc in economics, lectured economics in a university, and has approx 25 years experience in the banking industry. . . what other credential do u want him to have?

Sir,

so he worked for 25 years in banks and that gives him the expertise to be a cbn governor?

So if a man works for security company for 25 years, does that qualify him to be the head of the SSS in a nation? DO you know what the job of the cbn governor involves? There is only one cbn in a country and banks dont do what cbn functions entail. He lectured as a graduate assistant and maybe junior lecturer in economics. do you know of any published economic paper written by sanusi that was published in a peer reviewed journal of the economics community? Is he an economic intellectual or a hands on economics expert? what skills and expertise does he bring to the job, except his being a kano prince? what exactly were his job functions/roles when he worked in banking? if youve ever worked in a naija bank, you will know thats one of the last places where you practise real economics.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by kurus: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2012
eGuerrilla: Oh dear, the unraveling of Sanusi?
Since winning the crown of Central Bank Governor of the year 2011 - the poisoned chalice - it has being a case of one faux pas after the other!

Based on the list of scholarly works copied in below, can the NL commentariat assume SLS overreached himself by straying too far from his comfort zone? grin
Time will tell...

Looking at this list, except for the 1999 paper, which was based on a finance topic(not economics), all other papers were on sharia issues, until he became cbn governor!

what an academic pedigree deserving of a cbn governor.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2012
unless we can actually see copies of both speeches, all this suing for plagiarism means nada , esp from a us resident bent on his five minutes of fame

every other day in the people are being sued for plagiarism - jk rowling immediately comes to mind.

this man may be just another renaissance processional episode 2
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by AjanleKoko: 9:00am On Apr 24, 2012
This should be interesting.
Will follow keenly.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by JimmyBoy1: 9:06am On Apr 24, 2012
I suspect this is a frivolous claim, Obama often adapt phrases from musicians/politicians during interviews, nobody has ever sued him for anything.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by agabaI23(m): 9:07am On Apr 24, 2012
Onlytruth: In all honesty, I believe that Sanusi is a product of a bad school. I find it hard to believe that someone like him would intentionally steal academic materials. I've seen a lot of that in Nigerian academic articles.
The so called academics we have in Nigeria are yet to understand the gravity of this offense.

I learned the lesson when a lecturer (here in the US) gave me a "C" score on an "A" paper simply because I failed to use the very citation style she wanted us to use (not that I didn't even cite it). I forgot to use the TURABIAN style of Note-Bibliography citation, and instead used the "Reference" style; that was it! Now, imagine what would have happend if I mis-cited or failed to cite at all. All hell would have been let loose.

Sanusi should go back to school! cool
60% was deducted from my essay score because I did not cite adequately.
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2012
KMOS: see bastards always trying to condemn sanusi cos he's hausa even compairing him with a corrupt soludo that sold nigeria to the lions of corruption that foolish nigerian from diaspora will be disappointed

Forget about these delusional sons of biafra. . .It's either ibo vs yoruba or ib vs hausa. An iboman suddenly sues sanusi for plagiarism and all of them start following like zombies even when the matter is in court or sanusi is yet to refute the allegation. .cursed set of people !
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by wowo2: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2012
PLAGIARISM is not good at all. No matter how well Sanusi implements imperialistic policies, he has now put to sleep his hope of ever working in IMF or Worldbank.

Even in Nigeria where anything goes, i know lecturers that got the sack with the attendant disgrace for Plagiarism (at OAU, Ife).

They say the word PLAGIARISM has its origin from the latin word for KIDNAPPING - plagiare, which means to kidnap or abduct.

Did the bill of capital punishment for Kidnappers get passed by the national Assembly? I hope not shocked
Re: CBN's Lamido Sanusi Sued For Plagiarism by PeeDaVinci: 9:13am On Apr 24, 2012
kurus:

Sir,

so he worked for 25 years in banks and that gives him the expertise to be a cbn governor?

So if a man works for security company for 25 years, does that qualify him to be the head of the SSS in a nation? DO you know what the job of the cbn governor involves? There is only one cbn in a country and banks dont do what cbn functions entail. He lectured as a graduate assistant and maybe junior lecturer in economics. do you know of any published economic paper written by sanusi that was published in a peer reviewed journal of the economics community? Is he an economic intellectual or a hands on economics expert? what skills and expertise does he bring to the job, except his being a kano prince? what exactly were his job functions/roles when he worked in banking? if youve ever worked in a naija bank, you will know thats one of the last places where you practise real economics.

do u want to compare 25 years of work experience at the management level in banks to maybe 2 years of masters degree and possibly 4 years of phd??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHCN No Service No Pay Poster / 2023: Why Labour Party Campaign Council Not Yet Out – Umeh / Fani Kayode: Insulting Tinubu Has Become A Favourite Pastime On All TV Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.