Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (928281 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
adeniyisavage:

thats stage 2 in a 4 stage process
hmmmm, pls may i know d processes?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
ferdimako:

Think again.You've to live there for 5yrs or accumulate 4yrs and some months before you are qualified.No criminal records oh. But with army way, you can see the difference.
so after five yrs, u become a full citizen? pls can u elaborate ...sorry if i sound too naive..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
Good day house, pls I want us 2 get smthng clear, I believe d reason y a lot of us joined dis forum, is 2 tap information..bt I see no reasn wen a question is askd, instead of answering politely, it turns out 2 b an indirect insult, I believe evry1 here has learn one or two thngs, y dnt u share? Pls I urge us 2 coperate, nd if questions re askd, pls let's answer politely..smtyms we even refer pple bac to page 1, its unfair, its sumthng u can answer immediately, perhaps dat persn mite b new 2 dis forum..pls I beg of us..THANK U. Best wishes to 2014 expectant

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladyboss(f): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
I have one issue by Lagos Island Local Govt.
chio: Please go get NPC thats what is required
its about 3k in lagos but ofcourse u will ned to swear an affidavit in court
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladyboss(f): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
This one is from Lagos Island Local Govt. and it has a stamp and signature on the front not at the back. is it ok?
jidex001:

Present the long one. Ensure it NPC,An A4 format Npc cert. And it has a signature @ d back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
ferdimako:

I meant you should do that since next week is too far.

ok.no qualms
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hello Nairalander, thank God for success stories on this forum. I pray may the Lord almighty continue to favour us all in this wonderful Forum. I congratulate those who are their visa just approved and those whose are already current like me success in our interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
femsjo,this army stuff has been on my mind and its even tempting...i'll consider it maybe after some hard thinking...@ least the administrative wing is better since its 8 yrs stuff,after that you can do other things.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
sozen2010: hello Nairalanders,

Just got my interview today.

Co: Pls sign and swear
Me and wife: Did
Co: When you left school
Me: I told him.
Co: just smiling with one of my children and daughter was blabing with him.
Before long God made him choiceless and approve the visas. less than 3mins. Holy Spirit na you be BABA ooooooooooo.

House thank very much oh.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
honeydee: I had my interview in Accra Ghana this morning. Thanks to God and everyone who prayed for me. My interview was successful. My interview was somehow like a nigerian movie because it has part 1 and 2. grin grin grin grin

Part 1 was in february.The only question i was asked was what job i was doing. After that, the Female CO said i needed to get a new police report from Nigeria with my full name on it.Im half Nigerian and half Ghanaian and i stayed in nigeria up to the age of 17 so i needed a police report from there.My name on the police report i got from nigeria was shortened so she requested i do another one with my full name and also provide some id cards i used while i lived in Nigeria.

Part 2 was this morning and to God be the glory, the male CO this time did not ask me any question. he just said i should give him the new police report and show him the id cards. He asked for my passport and asked me to come back in three days for my visa.

Im grateful to everyone here. Even those ave never really interacted with because i learnt a lot from your comments. God richly bless you all.

jidedon,roodboy, nero xp,chykeworld, odunmanuel, thanks a million.

To those yet to go for their interview i pray that you have it easier than i did and i cant wait to read your success stories too. I wish i could meet the wonderful people behind the ids on nairaland someday.

Congrats! I have a similar situation, I schooled in Ghana. Please where do I go for the police report in Ghana? Thanks a bunch
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2013
smoothsailor: To God be the glory i think i owe this testimony to the house, today i received myself and my wife's visa. We had our interview on 16th of april, we got to lagos a day before the interview and lodge in a guest house in obalende and all night we had our eyes opened with final preparation and at 5am we left our hotel room for the embassy as we were sheduled for 7am interview and we obey all rules paid the visa fee and here is our interview:

CO good morning
me & my wife........Good Morning
CO.......... who is the principal applicant?
me........... my wife
CO...........can you please excuse me while i interview your wife and go to the back beside the wall
me...........ok
co...........to my wife what is your highest level of education?
my wife.........O-level with commmunity health extention worker in view
CO..............wot certificate do you get from that CHEW is it diploma or degree?
my wife............it is a certificate course
Co............any ID card?
My wife........ showed him
CO............. how did you meet your husband?
MY wife........in the church
CO.............which church
my wife.........winners
CO...where is the church located?
my wife.........ondo in itanla junction
CO.............when last did your husband visit you in school?
my wife........can't remember he does comes anything his less busy with work and she comes home one every month to but the food stuff and cook soup and store in freezer for me to always micro wave
Co............ did you and your husband stay in the same house in ondo where your husband work?
My wife......yes but when she is in school she stays off campus a rented self contain
CO .......any tenancy agreement for the house you and your husband is staying?
My wife.....showed him our tenancy agreement
co........wedding album and courtship?
my wife........showed him explaining each picture to him
co........ can you please call me your husband ?
my wife....called me
co..... ask my wife to go to the back of the wall too and confirmed everything he ask my wife from me and it was all the same answer
co...... can you please call me your wife?
me.....i did
co ......i'm going to approve your visa and was explaining how to pay the 165 dollars and if someone was going to pick our visa for us and how to do it.

Thanks to everyone that have contributed and help us through the process and during the filling of the form sent to KCC we made a mistake with our date of wedding and it was not ask at all. God perfect all our errors and even though it seems like a long interview, God still took control. Thanks to everyone

Congrats! GOD is faithful!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
chio: Please go get NPC thats what is required
its about 3k in lagos but ofcourse u will ned to swear an affidavit in court
if u want to sworn affidavit can only u go, or must it be with your family member?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
chio: My Visa was approved today 24th April at about 11:30 am.

Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
Pls house, on the issue of photocopies, am I expected to make photocopy of the finger print page dat comes with the Police cert, or just the small Cert itself?..... Pls respond.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
DemolaNg: @ALL: Join me give Glory to GOD. On April 16, I got to the interview timely with my family of four, as early as 6.20am before the 7am appointment were called to queue up. All protocol observed.

With the knowledge gathered on Nairaland, all documents were well arranged with photocopies of each and questions answered. Even the complain of the laminated NYSC certificate was tackled.

But to my surprise, despite the fact that my two kids were all around me, the CO requested for the pictures of my babies at Birth, shortly after birth or of their mum in their pregnancy, which was not among the album we went with. At that point we were given a form to request for another appointment date when we have them ready for presentation.

April 24 was eventually given to present them, so I went with the pictures taking at the naming ceremony,with the wall framed pictures of my family. Within 2 minutes of the assessment of the pictures, we were granted the Pick up date and venue for the VISA.

Glory be to God

Congrats Sir!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
I think u can go alone to the court to get an Affidavit for u and ur family
folaonhigh:
if u want to sworn affidavit can only u go, or must it be with your family member?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
spectacular007: Good day house, pls I want us 2 get smthng clear, I believe d reason y a lot of us joined dis forum, is 2 tap information..bt I see no reasn wen a question is askd, instead of answering politely, it turns out 2 b an indirect insult, I believe evry1 here has learn one or two thngs, y dnt u share? Pls I urge us 2 coperate, nd if questions re askd, pls let's answer politely..smtyms we even refer pple bac to page 1, its unfair, its sumthng u can answer immediately, perhaps dat persn mite b new 2 dis forum..pls I beg of us..THANK U. Best wishes to 2014 expectant
No offence brother, it has been one of the norms of this thread for a new member to read from page one to date or better from 100 to date of this thread. By so doing, you will learn so many things you can't even imagine. There, you will be surprised at some of the questions asked and also the intelligent answers to most of the questions by some honourable members of this thread. It will save you from unnecessary mistakes that have never came across on your mind and also save you from asking questions that has been well answered and seriously dealt with in the past. You are only doing yourself a favour by reading from the previous pages. Nobody is stingy with information but don't deny yourself the opportunity of gaining more knowledge from the varieties of questions that has been answered here simply because you find it difficult to read from previous pages.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
folaonhigh:
You can go by yourself.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by auschris: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
jidex001:

You can pay with naira master card. In the account holder's name and billing address, you will write d name of the owner of the mastercard and his address. You can pay anytime before he travels.
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
@junkerhill...am nt a broda, am a sista...nd am nt new 2 dis forum, infact I joined wen der we're jst 99pgs..nd I ve read frm 1 to end. Am croosed bkos of d rude manner pple answer questions, dats all..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
spectacular007: @junkerhill...am nt a broda, am a sista...nd am nt new 2 dis forum, infact I joined wen der we're jst 99pgs..nd I ve read frm 1 to end. Am croosed bkos of d rude manner pple answer questions, dats all..

You have to start answering some to feel it well.There is no way it's written that some people must be answering while others will be asking questions.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
@junkerhill...am nt a broda, am a sista...nd am nt new 2 dis forum, infact I joined wen der we're jst 99pgs..nd I ve read frm 1 to end. Am croosed bkos of d rude manner pple answer questions, dats all.. , no hard feelns, jst wanted 2 state a point. Thanks anyway..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
ferdimako:

You have to start answering some to feel it well.There is no way it's written that some people must be answering while others will be asking questions.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hi my people, I need your opinion on these issues as quickly as possible.
1. My wife is the principal applicant. My International Passport will expire on the 23rd of December. My interview is on the 21st of May but I intend travelling first week in November (before the six month lapsed). However, going by the information on the US website Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa. [i][/i], do you advise I get another passport before my interview because obviously my passport will not be valid six month after I entered the US as stipulated on the website. But the problem is I cannot renew my passport now because renewal is done six months or less to expiry date. So what do I do?
2. My host has moved from the address he gave me earlier when filling the forms sent to KCC. He's now somewhere else but within the same city (Greensboro, North Carolina). Do I need to inform the embassy on the change of address?
3. Do we need affidavit of support from our host?

Thanking you (in advance) for your prompt response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
spectacular007: @junkerhill...am nt a broda, am a sista...nd am nt new 2 dis forum, infact I joined wen der we're jst 99pgs..nd I ve read frm 1 to end. Am croosed bkos of d rude manner pple answer questions, dats all..
Sorry for taking you to be a brother. If you are not a new member, then encourage the new ones to read from the previous page and be upto date of everything on this thread. Don't you know its really annoyin to see a question being asked 5 times even when the question was answered on 2/3 previous pages. As I go through this thread, if I see a post that treats my interest I will either bookmark the page or copy down whatever that was treated there to avoid asking already asked question. I pray we should all try and stop making this thread boring.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
junkerhill: I thank God for the journey mercy to america and for the success of the interview.
I must tell you that your action towards this thread is not commendable. This thread gave you so much and made many things open to you that, it's asking of only one thing in return and that is your interview experience. It took you a great deal of time to let us know the out come of your interview, and when you finally came, you gave us half of the interview without full interview experience. Not only did you gave half testimony to the house, you filled the whole answer with bla bla bla bla bla bla and promised to give the full gist. Here you are now at the states apologising for your wrong acts towards the house. If everybody had done the same how would we all learn and be successful. Its not a good act and I pray we all should have conscience and human heart for others. So that many of us would be successful and see others in USA.

am sure you have me confused with someone else....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Hi my people, I need your opinion on these issues as quickly as possible.
1. My wife is the principal applicant. My International Passport will expire on the 23rd of December. My interview is on the 21st of May but I intend travelling first week in November (before the six month lapsed). However, going by the information on the US website Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa. [i][/i], do you advise I get another passport before my interview because obviously my passport will not be valid six month after I entered the US as stipulated on the website. But the problem is I cannot renew my passport now because renewal is done six months or less to expiry date. So what do I do?
2. My host has moved from the address he gave me earlier when filling the forms sent to KCC. He's now somewhere else but within the same city (Greensboro, North Carolina). Do I need to inform the embassy on the change of address?

will your medical not expire? Please travel end of october- suggestion. Affidavit of support not needed. When u get to the airport give them your new address. Other question let other contribute.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Hi my people, I need your opinion on these issues as quickly as possible.

Firstly, as at the date of your interview your passport still has 6-months validity so your visa can be stamped on it. However your medical on the other hand expires October ending (assuming you do it end of May), so you have to leave Nigeria in the beginning of september. As for your passport expiration, when you get to the US you can mail it to the Nigerian Embassy nearest to you for renewal.

Secondly, when you get to the first Customs stand at the airport, where your finger print and signature will be taken, tell them that your host address has changed and give them the new one.

Affidavit of support is usually not required from Nigerians. Congrats and welcome to the American dream.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ smoothsailor
@ kenyan partner
@ chio
@ sozen2010
@ honeydee
@ DemalaNG

Congratulations on your visas. Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ omomanoint,
@ joeonye and family &
@ others having interviews next week...

Wishing your a successful interview! Be absolutely prepared, pray fervently then go and collect your visas.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
junkerhill: Sorry for taking you to be a brother. If you are not a new member, then encourage the new ones to read from the previous page and be upto date of everything on this thread. Don't you know its really annoyin to see a question being asked 5 times even when the question was answered on 2/3 previous pages. As I go through this thread, if I see a post that treats my interest I will either bookmark the page or copy down whatever that was treated there to avoid asking already asked question. I pray we should all try and stop making this thread boring.
You spoke well. The only thing I want from her is to be answering other people's repeated questions. Nobody's designated to be helping in answering questions, we are all volunteers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2013

Redo it if u can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.