Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,135 members, 7,880,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:11 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (929508 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
vivichocs: so after five yrs, u become a full citizen? pls can u elaborate ...sorry if i sound too naive..

Yeah,just google it. We have treated this issue way back, it almost led to a fight.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
simayanki4real:
Firstly, as at the date of your interview your passport still has 6-months validity so your visa can be stamped on it. However your medical on the other hand expires October ending (assuming you do it end of May), so you have to leave Nigeria in the beginning of september. As for your passport expiration, when you get to the US you can mail it to the Nigerian Embassy nearest to you for renewal.

Secondly, when you get to the first Customs stand at the airport, where your finger print and signature will be taken, tell them that your host address has changed and give them the new one.

Affidavit of support is usually not required from Nigerians. Congrats and welcome to the American dream.

On d issue of passport, pls I doubt if a visa will be stamped on dat soon to expire passport cos the major condition is dat "Passport(s) should be valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. So it means it must be valid for up to six months beyond 1st wk of Nov, which is his intended date to enter d US. You may ve d present passport cancelled by Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS). It will be stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and a new one will be issued. Hope this helps, goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Hi my people, I need your opinion on these issues as quickly as possible.
1. My wife is the principal applicant. My International Passport will expire on the 23rd of December. My interview is on the 21st of May but I intend travelling first week in November (before the six month lapsed). However, going by the information on the US website Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa. [i][/i], do you advise I get another passport before my interview because obviously my passport will not be valid six month after I entered the US as stipulated on the website. But the problem is I cannot renew my passport now because renewal is done six months or less to expiry date. So what do I do?
2. My host has moved from the address he gave me earlier when filling the forms sent to KCC. He's now somewhere else but within the same city (Greensboro, North Carolina). Do I need to inform the embassy on the change of address?
3. Do we need affidavit of support from our host?

Thanking you (in advance) for your prompt response.

1. On d issue of passport, pls I doubt if a visa will be stamped on dat soon to expire passport cos like u noted the major condition is dat "Passport(s) should be valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. So it means it must be valid for up to six months beyond 1st wk of Nov, which is ur intended date of entry into d US. You may ve d present passport cancelled by Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS). It will be stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and a new one will be issued.

2. No need to inform the embassy, but if at the interview the CO raises the issue, pls be honest n tell him/her of d new address. However,you must inform the immigration officials at your POE about the new address so as to avoid ur Green Card (GC) being sent to d old address.

3. DV visa applicants from Nigeria do not need AOS, so it depends on ur country.

NOTE: Pls bear in mind dat ur Medical Report is valid for six months from d date of issuance just like d visa. It is mandatory u ve a valid medical report with u at ur POE or else u will be asked to do another one over there in d US, which is very expensive.

Hope this helps, goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
ferdimako:
You spoke well. The only thing I want from her is to be answering other people's repeated questions. Nobody's designated to be helping in answering questions, we are all volunteers.
pls no hard feelns ooo am sorry if I ve offended any1,@ferdimako, I don hear u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Dvboy(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
Dear DV2014 Forumites,
I just want to say best of luck to you all and to those of DV2013 applicants who are about going for their interviews,i say Goodluck to you all.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2013
Dvboy: Dear DV2014 Forumites,
I just want to say best of luck to you all and to those of DV2013 applicants who are about going for their interviews,i say Goodluck to you all.
thank u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
spectacular007: pls no hard feelns ooo am sorry if I ve offended any1,@ferdimako, I don hear u

Okay.No hard feelings.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
jamicanlady:

1. On d issue of passport, pls I doubt if a visa will be stamped on dat soon to expire passport cos like u noted the major condition is dat "Passport(s) should be valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. So it means it must be valid for up to six months beyond 1st wk of Nov, which is ur intended date of entry into d US. You may ve d present passport cancelled by Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS). It will be stamped "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" and a new one will be issued.

2. No need to inform the embassy, but if at the interview the CO raises the issue, pls be honest n tell him/her of d new address. However,you must inform the immigration officials at your POE about the new address so as to avoid ur Green Card (GC) being sent to d old address.

3. DV visa applicants from Nigeria do not need AOS, so it depends on ur country.

NOTE: Pls bear in mind dat ur Medical Report is valid for six months from d date of issuance just like d visa. It is mandatory u ve a valid medical report with u at ur POE or else u will be asked to do another one over there in d US, which is very expensive.

Wow. Are you a lawyer, Jamaicanlady? Your answers are brilliant and concise!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dortex4real(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Dvboy: Dear DV2014 Forumites,
Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dortex4real(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
Dear DV2014 applicants, 5 days to go for the result. We shall all have testimony on this forum in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
jamicanlady:

the best is to do another one that would expire many years to come,getting new passport in US takes long esp if you are outside newyork.Talking from experience someone told me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by spectacular007: 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
dortex4real: Dear DV2014 applicants, 5 days to go for the result. We shall all have testimony on this forum in Jesus name.
I say a very BIG AMEN to dat, wif FAITH
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 3:35am On Apr 27, 2013
@ Chio,jst wana say congratulations nd enjoy ur American dreams...
@ Imcool,am in Arlington nt houston...life's gud bro,enjoy...
@ Tina,the Mexican gal u asked abt is jst my frend in de CNA class,no romance oo grin
@ those anxiously waitin for May 1st,u all wil celebrate dat day more dan ur bufday in JESUS NAME,AMENNN...de secret is, only if u believe.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by joeonye: 4:33am On Apr 27, 2013
Gud day aos,our interview is on monday,my wife waec result has a wrong date of birth and in it she bears adachukwu mazi, but in the uni she removed the chukwu and added her english name,we have sworn an affidavit for both the mistake in Birthday n d adding of name. Your prayers n advice is needed. Once again I hope that the fact that she just started serving won't affect us. God bless you all

Pls we also need the direction to the embassy from ojodu berger cos we want to check it out tomao to make us familiar wif d route.tnx once again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ruomal(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2013
tycoon77: Cant wait 4 my interview day!! Cos my almighty God told me that the visa of united of america is mine... Wish my follow interviewer same over here.... God bless me

Hello house, please I need your advice on this: How easy is it for me to get a job in the US with my NCE certificate and how much pocket money do I need to take with me?
I will appreciate your response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2013
Chuck87:

Congrats! I have a similar situation, I schooled in Ghana. Please where do I go for the police report in Ghana? Thanks a bunch

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. You shud get it from the
Police headquaters accra.its at ring road east, cantonments. Near ako adjei interchange. At that time it was 20cedis. All the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2013
joeonye: Gud day aos,our interview is on monday,my wife waec result has a wrong date of birth and in it she bears adachukwu mazi, but in the uni she removed the chukwu and added her english name,we have sworn an affidavit for both the mistake in Birthday n d adding of name. Your prayers n advice is needed. Once again I hope that the fact that she just started serving won't affect us. God bless you all

Pls we also need the direction to the embassy from ojodu berger cos we want to check it out tomao to make us familiar wif d route.tnx once again
my brother you are well covered. You have nothing to worry about. There are some members of this family with a similar challenge like yours, now they are at the states. So dnt let that bother you. Just concentrate on the kind of song you ar going to be singing to the Almighty.
Udo diri gi nwanne m nwoke. Ya gazie!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2013
temmytanny: the best is to do another one that would expire many years to come,getting new passport in US takes long esp if you are outside newyork.Talking from experience someone told me

Pls I didn't say he should get a new passport in US, cos in d first place d CO will not even issue a visa on dat passport since it didn't meet the basic requirement of validity, so there is no way he can enter US wit dat passport. Rather I said he should ve it cancelled by Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) n a new one issued BEFORE he attends his interview in May.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2013
kdgom66:

Wow. Are you a lawyer, Jamaicanlady? Your answers are brilliant and concise!

Guilty as charged n thanks for the compliments.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2013
ladyboss: This one is from Lagos Island Local Govt. and it has a stamp and signature on the front not at the back. is it ok?

Please try and get NPC Certificate from NPC office @ surulere.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 10:34am On Apr 27, 2013
026IX: Pls house, on the issue of photocopies, am I expected to make photocopy of the finger print page dat comes with the Police cert, or just the small Cert itself?..... Pls respond.
you can make the photocopy as it was stapled together,that is how I make my den..sucess is urs my bro.....faith put GOD to work
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by joeonye: 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
junkerhill: my brother you are well covered. You have nothing to worry about. There are some members of this family with a similar challenge like yours, now they are at the states. So dnt let that bother you. Just concentrate on the kind of song you ar going to be singing to the Almighty.
Udo diri gi nwanne m nwoke. Ya gazie!!!!
Amen.tnx bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
just spoke to my friend and host and he just told me
that he has now moved to a new place with the wife and baby
and he may have to help me locate place that i will stay but
i just have to pay for the rent
he stays in NY
am abit confused
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
jidex001:

You can pay with naira master card. In the account holder's name and billing address, you will write d name of the owner of the mastercard and his address. You can pay anytime before he travels.
Jidex001, sorry to ask u this; Have u made ur own payment?? & secondly they said keep a copy of receipt, is the receipt d same as d confirmation of transaction dat will b sent to our mail?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
chio: just spoke to my friend and host and he just told me
that he has now moved to a new place with the wife and baby
and he may have to help me locate place that i will stay but
i just have to pay for the rent
he stays in NY
am abit confused
Sorry abt that brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2013
jamicanlady:

Guilty as charged n thanks for the compliments.

You are welcome, my learned colleague!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
omonanoint: Good day house, I will be having my interview on monday, Pls ur prayers will be needed nd dis re what I ve for now, my birth certificate, international passport, passport pix (2 x 2inches) wasc Certificate nd I ve certificate of my vocational training wit 5yrs exerience, 2Nl, police report,medicals.I jst rounded my Bsc programme nd no certificate yet, do I need to go wit my letter of admission but I used high school as my highest degree? Ur replys and prayers will be needed ASAP. Thanks
Success unto u,u wil sing a new song,u wil celebrate & b celebrated. Just go wit al u av 4 ur high sch,vocational & univasity,documnt no dey 2 much. ... And ur case is a settled one IJN

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bolafad: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hi forumites. Can't wait the dv2014 results I pray we shall all have good testimonies t share. Let's keep hope alive.ty

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ladyboss(f): 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for d advice. Wat are the documents i need to go with for the NPC certificate and like how long do you think it would take to get it done.
jidex001:

Please try and get NPC Certificate from NPC office @ surulere.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
remkay2012: Hello Nairalander, thank God for success stories on this forum. I pray may the Lord almighty continue to favour us all in this wonderful Forum. I congratulate those who are their visa just approved and those whose are already current like me success in our interview.
AMEN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
junkerhill: No offence brother, it has been one of the norms of this thread for a new member to read from page one to date or better from 100 to date of this thread. By so doing, you will learn so many things you can't even imagine. There, you will be surprised at some of the questions asked and also the intelligent answers to most of the questions by some honourable members of this thread. It will save you from unnecessary mistakes that have never came across on your mind and also save you from asking questions that has been well answered and seriously dealt with in the past. You are only doing yourself a favour by reading from the previous pages. Nobody is stingy with information but don't deny yourself the opportunity of gaining more knowledge from the varieties of questions that has been answered here simply because you find it difficult to read from previous pages.
In adition,pls let's endure 2 read & learn 4rm d begining,we are helping no one bt ourselves. Wen a question is asked & seen 2 b atended 2 previously,it luks ridiculous. In d midst of matured male & female like ours,we need 2 always prove our maturity,undastanding,patience. We shud ready 2 learn & contribute our own quota. Dat was wat i did wen i came onboard & i enjoyed my starting point til date.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by joeonye: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
we need the direction to the embassy from ojodu berger ,tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.