Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,621 members, 7,888,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:44 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38469 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 12:26am On May 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

[b]The ultimate truth is that we Ndigbo don't see you Yoruba as threat in Nigeria. We know who to plan against.
[/b]If you make yourselves our enemy today, we will remember your backstabbing in 1967-70 debacle.
You don't give us free land in Lagos or anywhere else, so please don't tell us crap about being hospitable.
We give you money, you give us land, everybody goes home happy. Nobody cries foul tomorrow. We live happily ever after. cool

Seriously, who sits on NL and writes fables all day? Onlytruth, you've lost the right to your NL I.D. grin

Nothing do you, okoro boy.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Vergil: 1:00am On May 15, 2012
Chinom:

To answer your question, Yes. We Igbos are enlightened and cosmopolitan enough to know that there is a difference between ownership and indigenuos people. If 60% of people who occupy Enugu and own properties there are non Igbos, then it's fair to accept that we don't own Enugu,But still remain indigenes of Enugu. But that has not happened yet and will not happen in our life time.
Yorubas are indigenous to Lagos, but they DON'T own Lagos. Do not confuse the two.It's better not to imagine what will happen if some crazy person wakes up one day and says: All non-Yorubas should leave Lagos.

Hmm...but how are you sure Enugu as mentioned, don't have pple fron Anambra etc, make up 60% of her population?

Cos being fair, Lagos population is huge. 40% of this population is huge let alone 60%. All u seeing are probably just that 40%. You'd never know. 60% could and probably be all Indegenes.

Point is, you can never know!

If you get me anyway
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 1:21am On May 15, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 1:44am On May 15, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by CyberG: 1:54am On May 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

You Yoruba people are fond of running back to the 1967 -70 civil war which you never really fought, and in which you basically played third or fourth fiddle to Northern elements who used your faces to deceive the world that the war was Igbo vs the rest of Nigeria. Let me ask you, if not for that war, what else would you people ever boast of against Ndigbo? Aren't you ashamed of boasting of only one goal you scored in a long soccer match which BTW has not ended, because the same people you scored against have basically turned the table on you today, almost owning your soccer team! cool Dude, you people are shameless, honestly! undecided

As for Igbo people, we see the unfortunate war (which BTW was imposed on us by people who did not want to keep a simple agreement signed at Aburi) just as the Jews see the 1939 -45 Holocaust. To the Jews, the Holocaust is a ONE TIME event. To Ndigbo, the genocide/civil war is a ONE TIME EVENT which would NEVER repeat.
Take a close look at Nigeria, you would see that we have positioned ourselves very well. Please, pray that there is no future war in Nigeria. Israel for example would rather see the end of this world than for the Holocaust to repeat. Ndigbo would rather see the end of Nigeria and repay past enemies TENFOLDS should anyone attempt another genocide against us again in Nigeria.
This is really my careful observation about Igbo mindset these days. So, be very warned. The Igbo you will face this time have about 6 -10 million diaspora. A very angry diaspora.
Quietly lick your wounds for the lands we have bought and taken over in Lagos (which are gone for good), and the more that we will surely buy and secure. Don't try anything stoopid or you will be sorry. Nuff said. cool

Your post reeks of ignorance. First, what part of Nigeria I am from is of NO consequence in the history I related to you. I know you are unashamedly ignorant and there's nothing wrong in telling you about history because it usually repeats itself.

@The rest of your post is mere hallucination. A people have centuries of fierce war and battle experience and another tries it once and loses so badly, for there will be only one outcome which could totally erase an entire people. The guys you insult now, I understand, were some of the best commanders in the war and in fact received your surrender. Your fathers respected them, you should do the same because remember something: Germany lost WW 1, but WW 2 was even a more severe loss. As far as war history goes, you cannot point to any victories and this is why people who have vanished entire cities and peoples in war just look at you and shake their heads when you talk about war. The soldiers who fought in WW 1 were reported to be unwilling and uninterested in WW2 but the young ones (like you today), were caught up in your hallucinations. 6-10 M is what you are counting on and from outside of Nigeria? I hope you will be the first to report at the enlistment camp when the shaite hits the fan. You can live in Lagos only as far as Nigeria remains a country. Once Nigeria is over, it is back to the land of your ancestors or face certain annihilation because of your long throat. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 2:07am On May 15, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by CyberG: 2:10am On May 15, 2012
^^ Don't say that again, even if it is your opinion, some people can NEVER be happy if it is not them before others! wink wink grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 2:22am On May 15, 2012
IGBO are one of the greatest peaople on earth

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Kc3000: 7:56am On May 23, 2012
[b]Seeing all the nonsense written here, I can't help but laugh. I'm not even mad at all the habitual hate mongers that infested this thread. . .they're suffering enough from the affliction of such hate. It's their burden to bear, not mine. . .so, I choose to exist above the excrement of society that litter this site. I'M PROUDLY IGBO, GO AHEAD AND HATE THAT. Mr. Omatseye is entitled to his opinion, like I'm entitled to mine, and my opinion is that I've seen nothing that suggests that Yoruba are more accommodating than other groups in Nigeria. There are Yorubas living all over Nigeria, without any form of molestation from the indigenous people, it's only expected that the Yorubas do the same for others. Why anybody would be offended by this opinion, is beyond me. I'm hearing that Yorubas have not attacked any group in Lagos, so credit and appreciation must be given to them. So I ask, have Yorubas been targeted in Port-harcout, Enugu, Warri, Jos, or any other city in Nigeria where they have significant populations? Has anyone refused to sell them land or property in these places because they are Yoruba? The answer is a resounding NO. Then why should any one insinuate that Yorubas should be commended for reciprocating the same treatment they get from others. It's comical and outrageous, to say the least. For the chairman planing genocide against Igbo, ji si ike, you have found your calling in life.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 11:44am On May 23, 2012
This patriot2 guy is playing the exact same game that that amosy007 fraud was playing. I don't get it - why are such individuals so cowardly and fraudulent that they have to put up a fake identity and lie about their ethnicity? And why can't such miserable little demons comprehend how infuriating it is to the people of the group that they're lying and pretending to be from that they're claiming that group? Fvcking devils.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by oduasolja: 12:14pm On May 23, 2012
WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED. its this mentality of land grab that got igbos slaughtered last time.

landless folks claimed the entire eastern region for themselves. ofcourse minorities were ever ready to fight them off with the help of other nigerians.

if Nigeria breaks up . lagos will not be part of fucking biafra.

and the igbos that decide to stay will be treated like third class citizens. not able to vote, not able to be part of government , retail locations will be closed down. and we might even decide we are not going to feed you lot at all.

seriously it would be in your best interest to sell off and go be part of your biafra eldorado . cus i wouldnt want to be u .

well okay we shall see.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2012
@ patriot2 the fraud. In the future, come out openly and claim Yoruba from the very beginning and don't claim another ethnicity which you are definitely not. Fvcking shameless loser.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2012
What does any of what you just claimed have to do with anything I posted?! If I accepted that Edo is Yoruba how would that change the fact that you still are not Edo?

Fvcking shameless lying goat. You've convinced nobody and you never will.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 23, 2012
PhysicsQED: What does any of what you just claimed have to do with anything I posted?! If I accepted that Edo is Yoruba how would that change the fact that you still are not Edo?

Fvcking shameless lying goat. You've convinced nobody and you never will.

why do you think he's a liar?

Is Oshiomole not Edo, but still claims Yoruba?

Does the Oba of Ibini invite the Oni of Ife to every Ibini cultural event?

You're acting like an Edo supremacist.. And I doubt you're Edo as well...

There is no Edo history without Yoruba as long as there is an Oba of Ibini, period.. cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2012
Stop rehashing the same lines. And I am not any kind of supremacist. The issue with patriot2 is his definite fraudulence, not whether the Edo claim we are Yoruba or not or others claim we are. And Oshiomhole is Etsako and claims it.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2012
shymmex:

why do you think he's a liar?

Is Oshiomole not Edo, but still claims Yoruba?

Does the Oba of Ibini invite the Oni of Ife to every Ibini cultural event?

You're acting like an Edo supremacist.. And I doubt you're Edo as well...

There is no Edo history without Yoruba as long as there is an Oba of Ibini, period.. cool
Where has Oshiomole claimed to be Yoruba? Dude, stop lying.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2012
Go make up a Facebook profile and link it here. Quickly now, and don't disappoint. We both know you've had a lot of practice at lying and deception. Smh.

I'm done wasting my time on you.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Torch1(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2: I like your comment, I have nothing against igbo people but i have something against igbo racists who keep insulting Yoruba on this forum, and who keep claiming their superiority and their ownership of Yorubaland. And what I thought is that if this is the general sentiment among igbos then there is probably going to be trouble in the near future.
I like your comment, we have nothing against Yoruba people but we have something against Yoruba racists who keep insulting Igbo on this forum, and who keep claiming their superiority over Igbo people. And what we thought is that if this is the general sentiment among Yorubas then there is probably going to be trouble in the near future.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
Torch1: I like your comment, we have nothing against Yoruba people but we have something against Yoruba racists who keep insulting Igbo on this forum, and who keep claiming their superiority over Igbo people. And what we thought is that if this is the general sentiment among Yorubas then there is probably going to be trouble in the near future.
Nice one.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2012
PhysicsQED: Go make up a Facebook profile and link it here. Quickly now, and don't disappoint. We both know you've had a lot of practice at lying and deception. Smh.

I'm done wasting my time on you.
you got me there, I am a professional liar
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 23, 2012
Dr been
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by PhysicsQED(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2012
I don't want a link to "your" Facebook page, I just want the bullsh1t to cease. Goodbye and try to change your ways.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2: I have never witnessed a Yoruba being racist, all I saw on this forum was igbomen insulting and provoking Yorubamen. For what ? A misplaced fealing about a war fought by our grand fathers ? Come on ?
It's either you're been biased or a plain 1diot. Tribal bigotry have been coming from both sides. I don't expect you to see since you're a bigot yourself.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Torch1(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2012
patriot2: I have never witnessed a Yoruba being racist, all I saw on this forum was igbomen insulting and provoking Yorubamen. For what ? A misplaced fealing about a war fought by our grand fathers ? Come on ?
Honestly, you are sick!
Am sure you know the likes of Bluetooth, Eko ile, Ileke Idi, Seanet and co..
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Torch1(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2012
Hypocrisy!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by cfours: 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
trust the igbos to come on here to troll.

@OP, I wholeheartedly agree. But some like to take for granted our welcoming nature. Lets assume we were northerners, won't we have bombed the hell out of these parasitical "strangers"?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by gratiaeo(m): 11:03am On Mar 18, 2013
Sincerely Yoruba are more accommodative, couple with their quest to grab 'Omo' Igbo money in exchange with their ancestral land. On top say they lack fiscal strength to fight back, hence they chose agbero/ 'omo nile' as their winning tools.
Its only in S W you ll see boys rooming street in uniform in the name of 'people wey get land' even in this 21st century

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

#elrufaidestroyskaduna Trending On Twitter / Atiku Abubakar's Birthday Message To Obasanjo At 82 / Osinbajo Storms Cinema To Watch 'Chief Daddy' Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.