Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,619 members, 7,888,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:36 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38468 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2012
@@@@

jason
What is Igbo hating about my comment. Its being almost two days yet this thread is not dead. All you hear is "we are taking over etc". If you don't deem it fit to respect the Awori, Ijebus, Egbas and Eguns then, you don't deserve respect as well. How easy is it to give up your ancestral land to "stranger"?! Tell me?!

the only reason this thread persist is cuz it just typical yaribas lies

as for respect; let the yaribas respect other firstly only then u have a case to make

however guess what; we arent moved at this 419 thread cuz this is typical lipsrsealed
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 3:59pm On May 13, 2012
Arysexy:

Bast-ard! go to page 1 and read who first mentioned igbo in this thread, ur obsession about igbo is becoming unbearable, we cant watch u ee-diots rant as u do before without attacking back. Lagos is in d west and so? have igbos been fyting yoruba in lagos? No! so y dis outburst about igbo? envy? YES! can u push us out of lagos? NO! Zap u all!

Yes, I went back and it was Saintneo that mentioned Igbo! Therefore, you are the bast.ard! Why is it that it is only Igbos that are/were fighting on this thread?! What envy?! You think of yourself to highly abeg!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 4:00pm On May 13, 2012
I expect the Hausas and Edos to be scared but no, its you guys why?!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Abagworo(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

What is Igbo hating about my comment. Its being almost two days yet this thread is not dead. All you hear is "we are taking over etc". If you don't deem it fit to respect the Awori, Ijebus, Egbas and Eguns then, you don't deserve respect as well. How easy is it to give up your ancestral land to "stranger"?! Tell me?!

If you observe my comments very well you will notice that I say things the way they are. If I sold my piece of land in Imo State for 3million to an Hausa man, I did him no favor and it does not make me hospitable but if my community gives out land free of charge to Government with little compensation then we did Nigeria a favour as patriotic citizens. Again if we give out land free of charge to Hausa community of over 20,000 like we have in Umuchieze, Isuochi, Abia State then you can call that being accommodating. I can't come out boasting to be more accommodating by selling my land and making money.

Lagos indigenes sacrificed a lot of their land to the federal Government and so did Abuja indigenes who gave out more land to FG.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 4:02pm On May 13, 2012
Its time to give peace a chance! No body in Southern Nigeria is fighting with anybody! Igbo properties will NEVER be taken by any group (at least in the South). Igbos should know that. That worst, they will be bought off!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 4:05pm On May 13, 2012
Abagworo:

If you observe my comments very well you will notice that I say things the way they are. If I sold my piece of land in Imo State for 3million to an Hausa man, I did him no favor and it does not make me hospitable but if my community gives out land free of charge to Government with little compensation then we did Nigeria a favour as patriotic citizens. Again if we give out land free of charge to Hausa community of over 20,000 like we have in Umuchieze, Isuochi, Abia State then you can call that being accommodating. I can't come out boasting to be more accommodating by selling my land and making money.

Lagos indigenes sacrificed a lot of their land to the federal Government and so did Abuja indigenes who gave out more land to FG.

You talk about Abuja as if the North are not eyeing it. Let Nigeria split today and you'll see what will happen. Why did they bomb Abuja, Kano etc without bombing Benue etc?! Boko haram was demarcating their territory.

Nothing like that will happen in the South. Lagos has ceased being the capital for a while but you are all Lagosians irrespective of your ethnic group as long as Nigeria is still one. You guys have a good thing going on in Lagos, don't spoil it with boastful and threatening statements.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2012
@@@

abagworo
you can call that being accommodating. I can't come out boasting to be more accommodating by selling my land and making money.

[b]jason [/b]i can only hope u and ur Yoruba crew show some respect and desist from illusion
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 13, 2012
You know you are a stark loser if the people you claim you are accommodating, turn around and tell you to your face that you are not accommodating them and you should do your worst.

Lol, yorubas, your case is pathetic and hopeless.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Arysexy(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2012

Yes, I went back and it was Saintneo that mentioned Igbo! Therefore, you are the bast.ard! Why is it that it is only Igbos that are/were fighting on this thread?! What envy?! You think of yourself to highly abeg!

your fadaaa!

wot did bluetooth reply to saintneo comment? dats how u cowards will start fight but run away when it gets tough. if yoriba likes let them be d best in nigeria, i dont care but y bring igbo into d matter? na igbo make una poor? why d obsession and hatred about igbo? omo ibo omo ibo every wia! ain't u animals ashamed? if its not envy and fear of d unknown, why dis obsession about igbo dat any thread u f.0.0.l.s will drag igbo into it?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ikeyman00(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2012
You talk about Abuja as if the North are not eyeing it. Let Nigeria split today and you'll see what will happen. Why did they bomb Abuja, Kano etc without bombing Benue etc?! Boko haram was demarcating their territory.

Nothing like that will happen in the South. Lagos has ceased being the capital for a while but you are all Lagosians irrespective of your ethnic group as long as Nigeria is still one. You guys have a good thing going on in Lagos, don't spoil it with boastful and threatening statements.

in a global world this piece will never make sense
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Hoodrat(m): 5:28pm On May 13, 2012
saintneo: [size=18pt]Igbo are the best strangers/visitors in Nigeria and the World at large.[/size]

They live peacefully with their host community.
They are very industrious, thus they develop their hosts' community.
They learn the language of their host communities so as to adapt.
They do not discriminate against their host communities; thus, they marry their daughters and sons as well.
They stay for eleven months at their host community and spend only one month at their traditional home, during a twelve calendar month year.
They take the culture of their host communities to their traditional communities.

These are just few reasons why Igbo are the best visitors/strangers, kindly add yours to the list.

Why been tribalism? Nigerians dont need this type of act to develop as a Nation. Get real bro. angry Nigeria for all.

[size=18pt]No wonder Lagos is populated with Igbo and the people of Igala are ready to welcome Igbo to invest in their community.[/size]
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 13, 2012
e-herbal:
this is not the state of Palestine that was overrun by the Jews.No,not at all.WE WILL SHOO YOU OUT LIKE THE NUISANCE YOU ARE.The Norths wisdom in annihilating your ancestors in the 60s was a good one,if not ,you'd be saying the north was a no man's land.Roaches that you are.

Have you got your NAFDAC no yet?you should be at oshodi distributing your fake gbogbonise and alabukun not joining on tribal war.I pity any igbo man that will patronise your concotions.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 13, 2012
Deleted
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Vergil: 8:26pm On May 13, 2012
Chinom:

Lagos is already overun. Yorubas should just forget about Lagos. Let me remind you that the migration of Igbos and other ethnic groups to Lagos started in the early 70s.That'sjust about 40 years ago and already Lagos is 60% non yoruba. What do you think will happen 100 years from now. Any Yoruba person that does not want to live with Igbos in lagos is free to move to Osun or Ondo.

Out of curiosity. Can the same be said to an Igbo state? Any igbo state? That it doesn't belong to igbo pple? Just asking
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Afam4eva(m): 8:32pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

Why is it that it's only Igbos that are fighting? if others won't refute this 1diotiv assertion, Igbos will. This concerns everyone because it did not read "Yorubas are one of the most accomodating" or "Yorubas are accomodating" rather it read "Yorubas are the best accomodating in Nigeria(including Igbos, Hausas etc), so, it's everyone's business"
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 8:35pm On May 13, 2012
Anybaba: The Yorubas are accomodating. And they are generally good people. You can build in Yorubaland and actually call it home without someone waking up one day to molest you. I said Yorubaland and not Lagos since the hospitality of the Yorubas goes way beyond Lagos. I do not think it wrong therefore to tell the Yorubas to continue in this path.
I am from a small state- Akwa Ibom. The Ibibios are not a major tribe so I have no big ego to throw around but we are peace loving in my part of the world too. I have been to all the regions of this country. Beyond Uyo, Lagos is my home.

an ibibio with the name anyBABA?

Hmm okay.

Smh pathetic
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2012
Ndi Yoruba:

The land owned in Lagos by Tinubu alone dwarfs that owned by all the ibus in Lagos combined.

In other words, Lagos state is a sort of serfdom with Tinubu as the Lord of the Manor, while Igbo are feudal lords. Yorubas are now the Serfs who work on the lands. I now understand why Lagos recently deported beggers from other Yoruba and Northern states. Oya make una clap for yourselves.

S.L Akintola sent the ibus away when he was the premier of Western region. His action was political at the time.

They were reallowed entry after the January 1966 coup and the death of Akintola.

However, as it stands, there is no reason for us to pursue you guys.Why? you are our slaves.We have enslaved you guys unconsciously. There is no denying the fact that you ibus pay the lion share of taxes to the Yoruba controlled Lagos state govt. We Yorubas dont really pay tax that much.We have a way of evading these things. But you ibus cannot and dare not evade taxes.[/b]For where
[b]Its the money realized from the toil and sweat of hardworking ibus that the ACN in Lagos state used to fight for the liberation of other Yoruba states from the hands of the PDP at the tribunals.And even now, it is ibu taxes that are being used to fund the current ACN campaign in Ondo state. Now tell me, have you ibus not been useful to our cause? Come on, you ibus are but pawns in our hands.We wont send you away.Who's gonna do the dirty and hard work.You guys are the Indians of Nigeria.We Yorubas in Lagos especially our ACN folks are living large on your sweat.Fact!!!

The day a mad man realizes he is mad is the day his madness ends. In the same vein, the day ibus realize that they have been enslaved in Lagos all the while, they will pack their things and beg to leave.Even that will be negotiated.Its difficult allowing slaves liberty e.g Egypt and the Israelis of old.

This is the most pathetic and lame attempt to appear smart and make your plight look planned and premeditated.
The ONLYTRUTH in the bolded words is that Igbo work hard and pay taxes, which the Lagos state government mortally depend on and would kill you lazy folks to ensure that Igbo remain in Lagos.
We ain't leaving! Even after Biafra, we will remain there to remind you of how LAZY you are. cool

On a lighter note, there has been a face off at Ladipo market btwn the ibu traders and Paramo investments(the land owners). The ibus of course built the market but are insisting the landowners do not have the right to "interfere" in their affairs. The stand off has led to the market being shut and a number of ibus sustaining matchet cuts from agberos from time to time. I dont know if the issue has been settled amicably.
Recently,an ibu trader was also lamenting to me on how the LASG frustrates non Yorubas in Lagos.
That's just an example of what Yorubas can do to you ibus.

The bolded will only lead to confrontation when it reaches critical mass. Somehow though, I feel that Igbo may be doing the same thing to you idiots there too, only that they don't shout about it. If this is a real issue, we would know about it. I have direct family members in Lagos and they are vested in the markets there.
As far as I'm concerned, any Igbo who own properties or investments or shops in any part of Nigeria should get armed and be ready to fight to death. Not doing so is the height of foolishness.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:37pm On May 13, 2012
Vergil:

Out of curiosity. Can the same be said to an Igbo state? Any igbo state? That it doesn't belong to igbo pple? Just asking

They would not answer. Anyway, my brother make we siddon dey look wink

Life is too good
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2012
You have spoken like a true KING cool cool cool cool
Onlytruth:

In other words, Lagos state is a sort of serfdom with Tinubu as the Lord of the Manor, while Igbo are feudal lords. Yorubas are now the Serfs who work on the lands. I now understand why Lagos recently deported beggers from other Yoruba and Northern states. Oya make una clap for yourselves.

This is the most pathetic and lame attempt to appear smart and make your plight look planned and premeditated.
The ONLYTRUTH in the bolded words is that Igbo work hard and pay taxes, which the Lagos state government mortally depend on and would kill you lazy folks to ensure that Igbo remain in Lagos.
We ain't leaving! Even after Biafra, we will remain there to remind you of how LAZY you are. cool

The bolded will only lead to confrontation when it reaches critical mass. Somehow though, I feel that Igbo may be doing the same thing to you idiots there too, only that they don't shout about it. If this is a real issue, we would know about it. I have direct family members in Lagos and they are vested in the markets there.
As far as I'm concerned, any Igbo who own properties or investments or shops in any part of Nigeria should get armed and be ready to fight to death. Not doing so is the height of foolishness.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 8:44pm On May 13, 2012
[center]
slim147: My name is Pascal, native of Owerri west Imo state, I'm Ibo by tribe. I've lived several years with the Yorubas, I went to an Ibo school and my room mates where mostly Calabas. I most tell you. Yorubas are the best, followed by the Calabas, Ibo are just Worst.
[/center]

Another one?

I've asked this before, i'm going to ask again.

Yoruba what joy do you people get from? What is with all this cowardly pathetic-ness?

From british to ghanaian to latin american to ibibio to bini to urhobo to igbo to everything. Why cant you people stop with the pretense? Smh. I thought the northerner members are monopoly on this behavior but una stole that title from them.

Wtf joy do you people get from the pretense? Is it out of desperation or what?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:44pm On May 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Why is it that it's only Igbos that are fighting? if others won't refute this 1diotiv assertion, Igbos will. This concerns everyone because it did not read "Yorubas are one of the most accomodating" or "Yorubas are accomodating" rather it read "Yorubas are the best accomodating in Nigeria(including Igbos, Hausas etc), so, it's everyone's business"

As you said, its everyone's business but why are Igbos the ONLY ones spear-heading it??! Is there more to it than just one man's opinion?! Even Hausas that peopel will expect to say something else agreed with the writer. So why only you guys?!

One_Naira:

an ibibio with the name anyBABA?

Hmm okay.

Smh pathetic

Ogbeni, why don't you follow their history before you start you paranoid trips again?!

https://www.nairaland.com/844710/did-berom-people-eat-roasted/1#9953587

https://www.nairaland.com/844710/did-berom-people-eat-roasted#9953538

https://www.nairaland.com/600904/referendum-biafara-next-can-nigeria/6#7722449

Ezeuche, nso iko ibibio ke ke atang? Etok enyen nte afo nso ke odioho? Ibibio esitop nke ebo ke usen ayop ekpo ama adat ke ekpo aya atop.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 8:47pm On May 13, 2012
Abagworo:

Never knew you were a tribalist and Igbo hater.

I think you are the only person that has not realized alj-harem and jason are the same person
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:47pm On May 13, 2012
One_Naira: [center][/center]

Another one?

I've asked this before, i'm going to ask again.

Yoruba what joy do you people get from? What is with all this cowardly pathetic-ness?

From british to ghanaian to latin american to ibibio to bini to urhobo to igbo to everything. Why cant you people stop with the pretense? Smh. I thought the northerner members are monopoly on this behavior but una stole that title from them.

Wtf joy do you people get from the pretense? Is it out of desperation or what?

How do you know he is Yoruba? Or are you just in denial?! Do some reserch before you start accusing people wrongly!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:48pm On May 13, 2012
One_Naira:

I think you are the only person that has not realized alj-harem and jason are the same person

Yes, we are. Now shut up!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

Yes, we are. Now shut up!

I am glad you are accepting the reality now, don't forget to add your other half Okija Juju cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:50pm On May 13, 2012
^^^
Abi?! Wetin man go do?!
Btw, who are you working for?! You said today that you are Ebira?!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:52pm On May 13, 2012
Man, just come clean and stop playing games with people's mind. Poeple like One Naira are going insane . . . Was it not Anybaba, that messed up that facke Ibibio called Ezeuche?!

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Abagworo(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2012
alj harem:

They would not answer. Anyway, my brother make we siddon dey look wink

Life is too good

I have a feeling that most of the people on Nairaland are poor and uneducated. When are we going to stop being stuck in the 17th century? Nobody owns anywhere and nobody can own anywhere. You can only be said to be indigenous but not own a city. Like I am indigenous to Imo State, I don't own it. Anybody that buys land or invests there is a stake holder like myself but I can only pride myself as an indigene. I will not be jealous of him or see him as a threat. I will see him as a good person that has invested his hard earned money in Imo State.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:53pm On May 13, 2012
Most people are too lazy to do a simply syntax analysis and research on their previous post. T[b]hey just can't separate political views from ethnicity! What a shame![/b]
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2012
Abagworo:

I have a feeling that most of the people on Nairaland are poor and uneducated. When are we going to stop being stuck in the 17th century? Nobody owns anywhere and nobody can own anywhere. You can only be said to be indigenous but not own a city. Like I am indigenous to Imo State, I don't own it. Anybody that buys land or invests there is a stake holder like myself but I can only pride myself as an indigene. I will not be jealous of him or see him as a threat. I will see him as a good person that has invested his hard earned money in Imo State.

LOL, Ok sir. I had always supported this view until I got to Nairaland when people mouth off.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 8:56pm On May 13, 2012
alj harem:

LOL, Ok sir. I had always supported this view until I got to Nairaland when people mouth off.

You have been avoiding my questions today Alhaji!

jason123: ^^^
B[b]tw, who are you working for?! You said today that you are Ebira?![/b]
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 8:58pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

As you said, its everyone's business but why are Igbos the ONLY ones spear-heading it??! Is there more to it than just one man's opinion?! Even Hausas that peopel will expect to say something else agreed with the writer. So why only you guys?!

Ogbeni, why don't you follow their history before you start you paranoid trips again?!

https://www.nairaland.com/844710/did-berom-people-eat-roasted/1#9953587

https://www.nairaland.com/844710/did-berom-people-eat-roasted#9953538

LMFAO

this prove what?

okay, lets see from ndu-chucks and okija juju that writes in igbo, proclaimed the ethnic group as their own but arent. to you in your alj-harem that ive claimed everything in book and pretty much spoken every of the language of the ethic group you've claimed up on this forum so this your post is suppose to prove what again?

Interesting. I'll say it again, an ibibio with the name anybaba. okay ooh

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Kaduna To Induct TSAIGUMI Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Phot / Meet Umar Abba Kyari, Son Of Abba Kyari Wants To Be A Police Detective Or Pilot / #elrufaidestroyskaduna Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.