Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,590 members, 7,888,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38466 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

You have been avoiding my questions today Alhaji!

I am avoiding it cos my ethnicity got nothing to do with any discussion. I have said it here on nairaland before cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2012
I have to go to bed now

Afam4eva go night brother smiley
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 9:01pm On May 13, 2012
One_Naira:

LMFAO

this prove what?

okay, lets see from ndu-chucks and okija juju that writes in igbo, proclaimed the ethnic group as their own but arent. to you in your alj-harem that ive claimed everything in book and pretty much spoken every of the language of the ethic group you've claimed up on this forum so this your post is suppose to prove what again?

Interesting. I'll say it again, an ibibio with the name anybaba. okay ooh

Again, a simple syntax analysis will do you no harm. Can't you tell the difference between the voice of your sister and girlfriend even if you were blindfolded?!

Have I ever spoken any language here before except Itsekiri and Yoruba?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 9:02pm On May 13, 2012
alj harem:

I am avoiding it cos my ethnicity got nothing to do with any discussion. I have said it here on nairaland before cool

O'boy, you are running these people mad o!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 9:04pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

How do you know he is Yoruba? Or are you just in denial?! Do some reserch before you start accusing people wrongly!

Alj-harem dont annoy me right now. If not for the fact im doing all this on a phone, you know damn well ill post quotes proving everything. it doesnt take much to realize the 1diot is yoruba. Just because your cognition capability is low does not mean the rest of the members on NL are.

Like I asked, what f2king joy do you people get from the cowardly pathetic act?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 9:06pm On May 13, 2012
^^^
Guy, I am done with you. This is getting childish!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by OneNaira6: 9:11pm On May 13, 2012
jason123:

Again, a simple syntax analysis will do you no harm. Can't you tell the difference between the voice of your sister and girlfriend even if you were blindfolded?!

Have I ever spoken any language here before except Itsekiri and Yoruba?

Of course not. That is why my post mentioned alj-harem. In your alj-harem id, you have.
reading comprehension is not brain surgery. I would have copied and pasted the words for you in isolation but I'm on a phone
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 13, 2012
Deleted
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by niyimat(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2012
engineerd: Awon oloriburuku omo nna oshi ti hijack thread yi ni sha! Awon omo aje okuta ma mu omi.

My Brother this is uncalled for, actually coming here to debate issues like this this deep is unnecessary. There are no superior tribes or ethnic group, it does not exist in the eyes of God. We are all equal before him.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ak47mann(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2012
yaribas should accept reality,they cant do shiiittt when is on,igbos are war people,we bring hurricane any were we go.So if you want peace you should do the right thing or else cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by tyson55(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2012
I wish my vacuum suck like thread!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkoIle1: 10:02pm On May 13, 2012
ak47mann: yaribas should accept reality,they cant do shiiittt when is on,igbos are war people,we bring hurricane any were we go.So if you want peace you should do the right thing or else 8)

Coming from the same clowns wey get their a/ss/s/s/s whooped while their village warlord run comot from battlefield like a little girl while the rest got slaughtered.

lmao. You clowns are indeed the most delusional fools in the world.

Suxs to be ibo for real.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2012
Vergil:

Out of curiosity. Can the same be said to an Igbo state? Any igbo state? That it doesn't belong to igbo pple? Just asking

To answer your question, Yes. We Igbos are enlightened and cosmopolitan enough to know that there is a difference between ownership and indigenuos people. If 60% of people who occupy Enugu and own properties there are non Igbos, then it's fair to accept that we don't own Enugu,But still remain indigenes of Enugu. But that has not happened yet and will not happen in our life time.
Yorubas are indigenous to Lagos, but they DON'T own Lagos. Do not confuse the two.It's better not to imagine what will happen if some crazy person wakes up one day and says: All non-Yorubas should leave Lagos.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by lumeneng22: 10:49pm On May 13, 2012
I have been hearing of gbomogbomo since i was a little boy i.e 47yrs + now and now it has been extended to gbe any body wheda omo, agba, were, aje, afin, hunchback or as recomended. where is the faith of the accomodated to warrant this comparative analysis? Na you throw stone oga sam!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Tinyemeka(m): 11:56pm On May 13, 2012
lagcity: Honestly, Yoruba worldview and philosophy is simply amazing. Yorubas see life in a very simple way and just try to enjoy it as much as possible without creating divisions and making a fuss about everything. That's why we don't have caste system like Osu in Yorubaland! It is just too much headache for us. We are very comfortable with differences, be it in religion or whatever. Hausas and Igbos are the biggest troublemakers we have in Nigeria because they just can't live without drama in their lives. Hausa man will bring his religious drama while Igbo will bring his paranoia and stroke-my-ego drama. If you live in an apartment with Hausa man, you have to tiptoe around the house because if you accidentally step on his Quran, he will shout and call his brothers to come and slaughter you. If you live with an Igbo, you have to always stroke his ego and tell him he's the best thing since bread. You can't be blunt so that he won't have an emotional meltdown and whine about things he brought on himself. Too much sensitivity. Always REMEMBER to use the magic phrase "World class". For EX, Hey Mr Okoro, you have a world-class walking stick! grin and your village is also world class grin!If you live with a Yoruba man, you can just BE YOURSELF!

Oh Yeah. The so-called "minorities" are also awesome, by the way. I'm gonna marry an Ibibiogrin Wonderful ppl.

Quit being a tribalistic bigot. You are not in anyway perfect. Not one bit. Correlate your accommodating nature with the news quoted below.

Rapist Monarch of Osun State wants victim to remove her Pants in court to show alleged
bruise.
http://www.akinbami..com/2012/03/rapist-monarch-of-osun-state-wants.html?m=1

Monarch’s Abduction Of 14-year-old
Girl: Matters Arising

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20195

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/
jealous-hubby-pounds-wife-to-death/
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkwyOmalicha: 12:07am On May 14, 2012
Arysexy:

whether u rent or not, we keep on buying and building till we turn u all to tenants in lagos. u cant push us out of lagos dat was built with our collective wealth, u may do dat in abeokuta but not in lagos. dat the bitter fact!

people dat envy sucessful igbos cannot be said to be accomodating. omo ibo, [size=18pt]omo ibo as if we made u pple paupers. silly lazy people![/size]
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkwyOmalicha: 12:07am On May 14, 2012
Bandit C.:

Alacrity and sophistication indeed, some of the most abused words by yorubas. I guess the one-liners are stale now. You cannot even put your point across as i have no idea what you are trying to tell me. Though i still maintain that you come off as a tad unrefined and it has nothing to do with the English language.

Anyway, stick to the topic and tell us what actually makes you accommodating. The germans say ''eigen Lob stinkt'' which means ''praising oneself is ridiculous''. So let others do the praising for you, that is how you know you are worth it.

After all your lies have been debunked i.e. most educated, most sophisticated (whatever that one means) most politically savvy...etc, you create a new one, most accommodating.

grin grin grin grin
I put off my hat for you guys because you clowns define the words desperate and pathetic.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ak47mann(m): 12:26am On May 14, 2012
Eko Ile:

Coming from the same clowns wey get their a/ss/s/s/s whooped while their village warlord run comot from battlefield like a little girl while the rest got slaughtered.

lmao. You clowns are indeed the most delusional fools in the world.

Suxs to be Yoruba for real.
monkey go and lick fashola balls,you are slow and stupiiiddd,the different b/w you and original monkey is the hairy part,grow some hair man,and join the league cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkoIle1: 1:04am On May 14, 2012
ak47mann: monkey go and lick fashola balls,you are slow and stupiiiddd,the different b/w you and original monkey is the hairy part,grow some hair man,and join the league cool

Fashola is who your lazy and incompetent akpu and isi ewu big bele governors want to be...

And you little clown is lost in all that translation...lmao

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by EkwyOmalicha: 1:08am On May 14, 2012
ak47mann: monkey go and lick fashola balls,you are slow and stupiiiddd,the different b/w you and original monkey is the hairy part,grow some hair man,and join the league cool

fashola is ball-less cheesy but Tinubu's own is avaliable for azz lickers like??.. tongue
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ak47mann(m): 1:23am On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

fashola is ball-less cheesy but Tinubu's own is avaliable for azz lickers like??.. tongue
cheesy cheesy zombies
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 10:14am On May 14, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Quit being a tribalistic bigot. You are not in anyway perfect. Not one bit. Correlate your accommodating nature with the news quoted below.

Rapist Monarch of Osun State wants victim to remove her Pants in court to show alleged
bruise.
http://www.akinbami..com/2012/03/rapist-monarch-of-osun-state-wants.html?m=1

Monarch’s Abduction Of 14-year-old
Girl: Matters Arising

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20195

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/
jealous-hubby-pounds-wife-to-death/

(Rapist Monarch of Osun State) does that mean ...people in hight places in advance countries dont rape? or accused of rape?(remember kahns rape case in france) does that mean there are no kidnappings in the south east, New york, London or advance countries?.....does that make those countries or cities less accommodating?...they dont use all that to judge being accommodating...don't wanna be entangled in tribal bullshit.....but i don't think u have a point

so beacuse Mend are kidnapping foreigner means all south south is not accommodating?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Tinyemeka(m): 10:05pm On May 14, 2012
9jadelta:

(Rapist Monarch of Osun State) does that mean ...people in hight places in advance countries dont rape? or accused of rape?(remember kahns rape case in france) does that mean there are no kidnappings in the south east, New york, London or advance countries?.....does that make those countries or cities less accommodating?...they dont use all that to judge being accommodating...don't wanna be entangled in tribal bullshit.....but i don't think u have a point

so beacuse Mend are kidnapping foreigner means all south south is not accommodating?

My problem lies wherein somebody tries to make his or her region seem superior to that of another.

If my post pisses you, I want to know how you feel about the things said by that guy I quoted with regards to Igbos.

Pally reason. And go through your text before posting next time. It took me some time to comprehend what you'd written.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by CyberG: 11:08pm On May 14, 2012
I think MOST of you are LITTLE KIDS and never read or saw any history. See the short video below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-ZlGRwMKw

Take note that this fighting was done in a majority Ibo dominated homeland and you know the capitulation of the Ibo soldiers was rather desperate as Effiong did just that knowing well that not only was the war a loss but only millions of Ibo people will die - FOR NOTHING.

Now, I see people mouthing off about a land thousands of KMs away from your land where your fathers came only to sojourn and seek to better their lot and take care of you and themselves. How can someone leave his own homeland and decide to die because of greed for another man's property? We will see but remember now that when you start your trouble, you cannot guarantee what you will get or you will be recompensed in the measure you dish. Nzeogwu and co started it all in 1966 and up till today, people are still complaining and whining about genocide.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 14, 2012
Anything Yoruba is lovable. Ask around.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On May 15, 2012
CyberG: I think MOST of you are LITTLE KIDS and never read or saw any history. See the short video below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-ZlGRwMKw

Take note that this fighting was done in a majority Ibo dominated homeland and you know the capitulation of the Ibo soldiers was rather desperate as Effiong did just that knowing well that not only was the war a loss but only millions of Ibo people will die - FOR NOTHING.

Now, I see people mouthing off about a land thousands of KMs away from your land where your fathers came only to sojourn and seek to better their lot and take care of you and themselves. How can someone leave his own homeland and decide to die because of greed for another man's property? We will see but remember now that when you start your trouble, you cannot guarantee what you will get or you will be recompensed in the measure you dish. Nzeogwu and co started it all in 1966 and up till today, people are still complaining and whining about genocide.

You Yoruba people are fond of running back to the 1967 -70 civil war which you never really fought, and in which you basically played third or fourth fiddle to Northern elements who used your faces to deceive the world that the war was Igbo vs the rest of Nigeria. Let me ask you, if not for that war, what else would you people ever boast of against Ndigbo? Aren't you ashamed of boasting of only one goal you scored in a long soccer match which BTW has not ended, because the same people you scored against have basically turned the table on you today, almost owning your soccer team! cool Dude, you people are shameless, honestly! undecided

As for Igbo people, we see the unfortunate war (which BTW was imposed on us by people who did not want to keep a simple agreement signed at Aburi) just as the Jews see the 1939 -45 Holocaust. To the Jews, the Holocaust is a ONE TIME event. To Ndigbo, the genocide/civil war is a ONE TIME EVENT which would NEVER repeat.
Take a close look at Nigeria, you would see that we have positioned ourselves very well. Please, pray that there is no future war in Nigeria. Israel for example would rather see the end of this world than for the Holocaust to repeat. Ndigbo would rather see the end of Nigeria and repay past enemies TENFOLDS should anyone attempt another genocide against us again in Nigeria.
This is really my careful observation about Igbo mindset these days. So, be very warned. The Igbo you will face this time have about 6 -10 million diaspora. A very angry diaspora.
Quietly lick your wounds for the lands we have bought and taken over in Lagos (which are gone for good), and the more that we will surely buy and secure. Don't try anything stoopid or you will be sorry. Nuff said. cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 12:14am On May 15, 2012
Ndi Yoruba:

Which confrontation?
Dude, I am on ground.Several TV stations and newpapers here have aired the plight of the ibus.Its a sorry story.
I dont know if they've been attacking the agberos in revenge but so far, its only the pictures of matcheted ibus I see in newspapers.
When last did you talk to your family members? Call them again and ask them if business is moving as usual.
Fight to death? You dont have to. Just be willing to pay your taxes and obey the rules and wishes of the Yorubas and you all will enjoy the good of the land.

One love.

I called them yesterday (same day you posted this crap) and I never mentioned that I heared something. I just asked them some serious probing questions, and they said that as far as they know THERE IS NO SINGLE INCIDENT OR ATTACK ON IGBO BY ANYBODY. They have no reason to lie to me after all they are equal to the task.
So, continue living in lala land and high hubris! cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 12:16am On May 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

You Yoruba people are fond of running back to the 1967 -70 civil war which you never really fought, and in which you basically played third or fourth fiddle to Northern elements who used your faces to deceive the world that the war was Igbo vs the rest of Nigeria. Let me ask you, if not for that war, what else would you people ever boast of against Ndigbo? Aren't you ashamed of boasting of only one goal you scored in a long soccer match which BTW has not ended, because the same people you scored against have basically turned the table on you today, almost owning your soccer team! cool Dude, you people are shameless, honestly! undecided

As for Igbo people, we see the unfortunate war (which BTW was imposed on us by people who did not want to keep a simple agreement signed at Aburi) just as the Jews see the 1939 -45 Holocaust. To the Jews, the Holocaust is a ONE TIME event. To Ndigbo, the genocide/civil war is a ONE TIME EVENT which would NEVER repeat.
Take a close look at Nigeria, you would see that we have positioned ourselves very well. Please, pray that there is no future war in Nigeria. Israel for example would rather see the end of this world than for the Holocaust to repeat. Ndigbo would rather see the end of Nigeria and repay past enemies TENFOLDS should anyone attempt another genocide against us again in Nigeria.
This is really my careful observation about Igbo mindset these days. So, be very warned. The Igbo you will face this time have about 6 -10 million diaspora. A very angry diaspora.
Quietly lick your wounds for the lands we have bought and taken over in Lagos (which are gone for good), and the more that we will surely buy and secure. Don't try anything stoopid or you will be sorry. Nuff said. cool

We've never really fought in this war but we're giving Ndi Okoro more headache than the Hausa tho teared them apart? This forum is practically filled with Yoruba this and Yoruba that, we don reach VI[i]T[/i] status.

Spin another story jor.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

We've never really fought in this war but we're giving Ndi Okoro more headache than the Hausa tho teared them apart? This forum is practically filled with Yoruba this and Yoruba that, we don reach VI[i]T[/i] status.

Spin another story jor.

lmao @ "Ndi Okoro". cheesy
Madam please clear for road. I want to buy up the rest of Okitipupa. cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 12:20am On May 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

lmao @ "Ndi Okoro". cheesy
Madam please clear for road. I want to buy up the rest of Okitipupa. cool

It's okay, sweetie. Yorubas loves all their self-proclaimed enemies equally.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Onlytruth(m): 12:24am On May 15, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

It's okay, sweetie. Yorubas loves all their self-proclaimed enemies equally.

The ultimate truth is that we Ndigbo don't see you Yoruba as threat in Nigeria. We know who to plan against.
If you make yourselves our enemy today, we will remember your backstabbing in 1967-70 debacle.
You don't give us free land in Lagos or anywhere else, so please don't tell us crap about being hospitable.
We give you money, you give us land, everybody goes home happy. Nobody cries foul tomorrow. We live happily ever after. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion / President Buhari Arrives Kaduna To Induct TSAIGUMI Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Phot / Meet Umar Abba Kyari, Son Of Abba Kyari Wants To Be A Police Detective Or Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.