Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,499 members, 7,951,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? (33099 Views)

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:
i doubt you have the ability to read.....it was from the same link you
provided that i scooped that germ of info from.
""""Black prisoners make up 15% of the prisoner population and this compares with 2.2% of the general population – there is greater disproportionality in the number of black people in prisons in the UK than there is in the United States." According to a range of sources, including the US justice department, about 12% of the US population is black and about 40% to 45% of the US prison population is black.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/oct/11/black-prison-population-increase-england
"""""""
^^ Black people in the UK are 7x more likely to be jailed - compared to 4x in America... That's the statistics I'm dealing with...

at 16, most kids did their shifts in mcdonalds, royal
mails, etc.

Like the same don't happen in America.. You aren't making sense at all.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by LaParisienne(f): 1:07pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:

the same america where people pay for incoming calls is more developed than the united kingdom?
america is a 3rd world country....quote me anywhere. one of the most useless countries to live in.
health insurance of a family of 5 is about $2000 a month, health is free in the united kingdom(even for immigrants).

american foods are crappy too....everything is over-sweetened. people don't walk as the place is too big.
a city is like the whole northern region in nigeria. america is not kids-friendly. at least in england, kids
get to play in the grass without having to worry about cobras, scorpions, gators, black widows and tarantulas.

america = nigeria managed by white people(it's a 3rd world country). i would rather stay in zamfara!

This is clearly the dumbest sheisse I've ever read on the internet. Damnnnn

1 Like

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 1:09pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex:
^^ Black people in the UK are 7x more likely to be jailed - compared to 4x in America... That's the statistics I'm dealing with...

can you not read this from the same article?

" According to a range of sources, including the US justice department, about 12% of the US population is black and about 40% to 45% of the US prison population is black. According to Roy Walmsley's World Prison Population List 2009, the US jails 756 of every 100,000 of its population. The corresponding figure for England and Wales is 153. Based on the figures above, America jails 3% of its black population, and England and Wales 1%. This means that a black person in the US is three times as likely to be imprisoned as in England and Wales"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/oct/11/black-prison-population-increase-england

Like the same don't happen in America.. You aren't making sense at all.

you're the one not making sense. bringing out points that strongly
affect both countries instead of looking for distinction!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 27, 2012
Redman44: @Shymmex,
You need to understand that there are knowledgeable people on Nairaland who know much more than you on different issues. Information matters a lot in life and great information can change your life for good. No one owes you anything in life. Not even the British System. You have to go out there and create your own PARADISE. No one will do it for you. Thanks.

I have always maintained that no one owes me nothing - and I don't owe no one nothing.. Hence, why I tell it as it is... I give real life examples, because I'm privy to information most of you pseudo-educated people don't have...
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Sagamite(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Really? There is no need to lie.

Research says many go mad from the sheer suffering and humiliation of a life abroad. Graduates scrubbing toilets, graduates bathing the dead and cleaning poo of the infirm... Things they would never have dreamt they would do.

I'm sure you are posting from a mental home anyway, cos you sound unwell:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/people_groups_and_communities/statistics_3_race_culture_and_mental_health

You are a person!

You live in a mental country, you are talking about people living in a mental home.

A country that has made you so dumb, you don't realise that schizophrenia is majorly caused by genetic and substance abuse, not stress in life. Cretin!

A cretinous product of a failed education system.

Even the schizos have a better life than your dumb arse.

Show your stewpidity again let me bash your dumb head.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:
can you not read this from the same article?

" According to a range of sources, including the US justice department, about 12% of the US population is black and about 40% to 45% of the US prison population is black. According to Roy Walmsley's World Prison Population List 2009, the US jails 756 of every 100,000 of its population. The corresponding figure for England and Wales is 153. Based on the figures above, America jails 3% of its black population, and England and Wales 1%. This means that a black person in the US is three times as likely to be imprisoned as in England and Wales"

And the same article said this:

The proportion of black people in prison in England and Wales is higher than in the United States, a landmark report released today by the Equality and Human Rights Commission reveals.

^^I would have to go with what the Equality and Human Rights Commission said - and leave the junk by Roy Walmsley's (A briton) World Prison Population List 2009 in the thrash can.

you're the one not making sense. bringing out points that strongly
affect both countries instead of looking for distinction!
Your points are redundant now... I said most black professional sports men and women in America are graduates - because they had scholarships to attend colleges whilst doing sports.. Argue against that!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2012
GOD BLESS ENGLAND....

I GOT MY FREEDOM IN ENGLAND.....

I GOT MY FREE EDUCATION IN ENGLAND....

I GOT MY WEALTH IN ENGLAND THROUGH HARD WORK....

FREE NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE..........

FREE LEGAL AID IS ..............

FREE HOUSE IF YOU ARE UN-EMPLOYED.....

FREE........ FREE.......... FREE ....... ETC

WE PLAY BY THE BOOK........

ALL HEADS ARE ALMOST EQUAL........

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
GOD BLESS ENGLAND.

1 Like

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 1:21pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex:

And the same article said this:

^^I would have to go with what the Equality and Human Rights Commission said - and leave the junk by Roy Walmsley's (A briton) World Prison Population List 2009 in the thrash can.

i would actually leave your entire article in the trash can...so contradictory.
there's no way any country can have more black people in prison than america.

Your points are redundant now... I said most black professional sports men and women in America are graduates - because they had scholarships to attend colleges whilst doing sports.. Argue against that!

this is as redundant as the word itself.....americans are poorer,
they work more, they are less healthier and even more undereducated!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by chukwudi06(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2012
They are their colonia masters
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Naijamericana: 1:50pm On May 27, 2012
13volts: We had a very long discussion on this issue in office today. England as a country is not known to have any mineral resources, I hardy see any manufactured product MADE IN ENGLAND despite the fact that they are our colonial master. The only major investment in Nigeria that is traced to England is BP.

My questions are;
1. Why do we have less poor people in England compared to America.
2. Without a huge manufacturing base like in America, China, Germany or Japan. How do the British manage to sustain a vibrant economy and at the same time avoid the recession ravaging Europe and America?
3. We have many blacks in England, they hardy made their presence known globally except in the EPL. Most noticeable black personalities in the world are from America, in music, movies, sport and what have you. Are the blacks in England marginalized or what? why are they not making waves as their counterparts in America?

1. America has a larger population than England so, your assumption on poverty is weak. Besides, American has more millionaires and billionaires than England.
2. England did not escape the recession. Check your facts again and read www.ft.com to get updates on global economic issues. England doesn't use the euro and can print money to stimulate their economy. The eurozone is a confederacy of different countries and cannot easily stimulate its economy.
3. Goes back to your assumptions in 1 and 2. American is a better place for blacks to succeed despite its racist history
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Naijamericana: 2:00pm On May 27, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
GOD BLESS ENGLAND....

I GOT MY FREEDOM IN ENGLAND.....

I GOT MY FREE EDUCATION IN ENGLAND....

I GOT MY WEALTH IN ENGLAND THROUGH HARD WORK....

FREE NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE..........

FREE LEGAL AID IS ..............

FREE HOUSE IF YOU ARE UN-EMPLOYED.....

FREE........ FREE.......... FREE ....... ETC

WE PLAY BY THE BOOK........

ALL HEADS ARE ALMOST EQUAL........

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN
GOD BLESS ENGLAND.

F*ck the queen! You are not free until you get rid of her. With all our problems in America, blacks and especially Nigerians are better off here than in jolly ol england.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2012
Naijamericana:

F*ck the queen! You are not free until you get rid of her. With all our problems in America, blacks and especially Nigerians are better off here than in jolly ol england.

How does the queen affect my life?

How is life better for a black man in America?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 2:13pm On May 27, 2012
La Parisienne:

This is clearly the dumbest sheisse I've ever read on the internet. Damnnnn

that is because you are the most idiotic human being ever to use the internet.

Sagamite:

How does the queen affect my life?

How is life better for a black man in America?

a black man has no hope in america.
half of them would be incarcerated at one point in their lives...
new reports say there are more black men behind bars today than it
was during the slave trade era in 1850.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by crowaddy(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: Lol @OP

How can you even compare US to the UK?? US is light years ahead of the UK - take the benefit system out, and all hell will break loose in the UK... UK is poor with a capital P!!!!

When US sneezes, the UK catches flu.... Can't you see how they beg for special friendship with the US??

And to those saying UK isn't racist, just pray you don't a job with the MOD, or big companies in the UK because you will need the toughest skin to survive the racism you will witness there... grin grin grin grin grin

You are quite right,the US is light years ahead of the UK however there is a BUT to that statement.

Simply put, the epicenter of the UK is England. Hundreds of years ago they realised that they are a people located on an island with limited resources whch meant that they had invent and explore to avoid extintion.Befor they even thot of Africa they had taken care of the their neighbours, the welsh,scots etc. Their perculiar predicamant has made them quite conservative such people were compelled to contribute to the common purse in form of taxes to take care of all
On Racism, i would ask this question, who is not racist? The white people have enacted laws that has made we black people compete(maybe not favourably yet but still work in progress)in their countries what have we done to eradicate tribalism a major subset of racism that is plaquing us in our various countries?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by manny4life(m): 2:23pm On May 27, 2012
It's interesting to read supporting and opposing views. Nice thread, quite informative. wink wink wink
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by AdeCharity: 2:24pm On May 27, 2012
Job vacancies for nigeria graduates; visit: WWW.Wealthandhealth.com.ng
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by newacca: 2:26pm On May 27, 2012
@Op,
Pls. how is ENGLAND developed more than AMERICA?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by elampiro(m): 2:41pm On May 27, 2012
frosbel: 1.The UK is more economically stable than the US. Despite a recession , there are still Jobs , though the pay may not be as attractive.

2.There are less poor people in the UK than America, America is ravaged with the homeless and underprivileged more than any other western country

3. In the UK you do not need to work 4-5 Jobs just to pay for your rent.

4. I will never live in America, a superficially debt ridden , vain glorious nation.

5. We are more healthy than the Americans, obesity is not the norm like we have in America. This means we are in the long term more economically productive.

I will add a few more as we go along

4 to 5 jobs just to pay rent? It means working in Nigeria is better than working in US or UK judging from your post. It seems you have not stated things the way they are.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 27, 2012
[size=14pt]New Topic:

Why is South Africa more developed and stable than Nigeria?? grin grin grin grin

Retards like beef, are the ones holding Nigeria back. cool[/size]
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2012
^^^

Open another thread for that, I mean it's obvious
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 27, 2012
elampiro:
4 to 5 jobs just to pay rent? It means working in Nigeria is better than working in US or UK judging from your post. It seems you have not stated things the way they are.

Don't mind the clown - he has gone ghost since I put him in his place.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 2:53pm On May 27, 2012
elampiro:

it's no myth. americans work 4-5 jobs at the same time to make ends meet.

"americans work 137 more hours per year than japanese workers, 260 more hours per year than british workers, and 499 more hours per year than french workers.”
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by cap28: 2:55pm On May 27, 2012
The truth of the matter is that blacks in the US and the UK are both catching hell as they are not in control of their economic or political destiny and are merely at the mercy of the white establishment who run and control the world.

Ironically blacks in nigeria are in an even worse predicament as their leaders are working on behalf of their white masters to keep the masses poor, ignorant and impoverished. Every where in the world that black people live we are being shafted so i think it is a complete and utter waste of time to even compare living standards or life expeeriences of blacks in the US and blacks in the UK. African americans constitute the largest number of middle class black people in the western world but do they have any economic or political power? A working class white american is still in a much more advantageous position than a middle class black american because the white american has a whole system known as white supremacy behind him to back and support him at every turn, what has the black man got? Even in areas with a high presence of blacks like sports and entertainment the white man is still calling the shots because he owns the record labels, the basket ball and base ball teams, the football clubs etc when you look at africa the powerlessness of blacks becomes even more glaring - no african country (apart from zimbabwe who fought back - and they were punished for that ) has free reign to decide their own economic destiny - South africa is a country owned and controlled by whites with black figure heads in positions of authority (just like the rest of africa)

To Beaf who said many blacks in the UK suffer from mental illnesses - how about the millions of nigerians in nigeria who seek solace in those crack pot churches run by those megalomaniac charlatans aka pastors? would you not call someone who patronises those kind of churches mentally ill? Many nigerians know that the root cause of their misery and poverty are their leaders but they prefer to bury their heads int he sand and seek answers from these insane asylums where they spend the better part of their sundays writhing around on the floor and speaking in tongues - if thats not insanity i dont know what is. The irony is that the very people who brought you this religion do not even practice it with such dedication in their own country - walk into any church in the UK on a sunday and the only people you will find there are -yes you guessed it, black people and a few old white people - many europeans dont even believe in God.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ballabriggs: 2:55pm On May 27, 2012
There is this erroneous impression that because you are black everybody is out there to discriminate against you in these societies. Of course there are people who discriminate, however they are in the minority. If you understand the British society, you would understand it is a society that continues to protect ethnic minorities. For example, there are equality and diversity laws that ensure ethnic minorities are also considered for employment in organisations. Corporate bodies are mandated to present annual reports to the Equality commission on how much they have complied with this law. There are stiff penalties for non-compliance. On my first job in the UK, I was the only black person in the team. It was thus not difficult to tell that I got the job because of my race. The lesson here is that while you can be discriminated against because of your colour, you can also gain advantage because of your colour. In addition, at the strategic level of organisations, the UK corporate governance code has board diversity as one of the principles which regulatory bodies advise as to what constitutes a sound governance system in an organisation. Companies are required to comply or explain the reason for non-compliance. There are however penalties for consistent noncompliance. One can thus see that Companies would be required to build people from the operational level to ultimately become Directors in these organisations. A lot of black people who have not made any attempt to improve themselves yell "racism". One thing is certain not everyone is racist and not everyone is out there to discriminate against you. I urge black people to leave those environments dominated by ethnic minorities. These environments make you see enemies both within and outside whilst closing your eye to opportunities around you.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 27, 2012
^^^Another junk... No one owes anybody nothing, but stop spreading falsehoods.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 27, 2012
cap28: The truth of the matter is that blacks in the US and the UK are both catching hell as they are not in control of their economic or political destiny and are merely at the mercy of the white establishment who run and control the world.

Ironically blacks in nigeria are in an even worse predicament as their leaders are working on behalf of their white masters to keep the masses poor, ignorant and impoverished. Every where in the world that black people live we are being shafted so i think it is a complete and utter waste of time to even compare living standards or life expeeriences of blacks in the US and blacks in the UK. African americans constitute the largest number of middle class black people in the western world but do they have any economic or political power? A working class white american is still in a much more advantageous position than a middle class black american because the white american has a whole system known as white supremacy behind him to back and support him at every turn, what has the black man got? Even in areas with a high presence of blacks like sports and entertainment the white man is still calling the shots because he owns the record labels, the basket ball and base ball teams, the football clubs etc when you look at africa the powerlessness of blacks becomes even more glaring - no african country (apart from zimbabwe who fought back - and they were punished for that ) has free reign to decide their own economic destiny - South africa is a country owned and controlled by whites with black figure heads in positions of authority (just like the rest of africa)

To Beaf who said many blacks in the UK suffer from mental illnesses - how about the millions of nigerians in nigeria who seek solace in those crack pot churches run by those megalomaniac charlatans aka pastors? would you not call someone who patronises those kind of churches mentally ill? Many nigerians know that the root cause of their misery and poverty are their leaders but they prefer to bury their heads int he sand and seek answers from these insane asylums where they spend the better part of their sundays writhing around on the floor and speaking in tongues - if thats not insanity i dont know what is. The irony is that the very people who brought you this religion do not even practice it with such dedication in their own country - walk into any church in the UK on a sunday and the only people you will find there are -yes you guessed it, black people and a few old white people - many europeans dont even believe in God.

Enough said!! cool
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 3:01pm On May 27, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You live in a mental country, you are talking about people living in a mental home.

A country that has made you so dumb, you don't realise that schizophrenia is majorly caused by genetic and substance abuse, not stress in life. Cretin!

A cretinous product of a failed education system.

Even the schizos have a better life than your dumb arse.

Show your stewpidity again let me bash your dumb head.

[size=13pt]I knew you were posting from the madhouse. I heard your woman is there too!
Her piksho de make me fear wella! Omase o! Ojigbi jigbi! Agbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! grin grin grin grin
See as di problem hit ya babe nau! Gboa!!!
Nau I know why you sound sooooooooooooooooooo mental![/size] grin grin grin

[size=13pt]Saga's luvbird in da haus![/size] grin

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by cap28: 3:07pm On May 27, 2012
ballabriggs: There is this erroneous impression that because you are black everybody is out there to discriminate against you in these societies. Of course there are people who discriminate, however they are in the minority. If you understand the British society, you would understand it is a society that continues to protect ethnic minorities. For example, there are equality and diversity laws that ensure ethnic minorities are also considered for employment in organisations. Corporate bodies are mandated to present annual reports to the Equality commission on how much they have complied with this law. There are stiff penalties for non-compliance. On my first job in the UK, I was the only black person in the team. It was thus not difficult to tell that I got the job because of my race. The lesson here is that while you can be discriminated against because of your colour, you can also gain advantage because of your colour. In addition, at the strategic level of organisations, the UK corporate governance code has board diversity as one of the principles which regulatory bodies advise as to what constitutes a sound governance system in an organisation. Companies are required to comply or explain the reason for non-compliance. There are however penalties for consistent noncompliance. One can thus see that Companies would be required to build people from the operational level to ultimately become Directors in these organisations. A lot of black people who have not made any attempt to improve themselves yell "racism". One thing is certain not everyone is racist and not everyone is out there to discriminate against you. I urge black people to leave those environments dominated by ethnic minorities. These environments make you see enemies both within and outside whilst closing your eye to opportunities around you.

Is that right ? Perhaps you know something Lord McPherson (of the Stephen Laurence Inquiry who labelled British society as institutionally racist) doesnt ? Why did it take the british criminal "justice" system 20 years to convict only two of Stephen Laurence's four racist killers?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ballabriggs: 3:08pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: ^^^Another junk... No one owes anybody nothing, but stop spreading falsehoods.

What is falsehood? About the UK corporate governance code or the equality and diversity laws? The truth is because you cannot get a job does not mean it is because you are black. I know a lot of white boys out there who have finished UNI for two years now without a proper job in the UK. There is a depression and there is a more intense competition for opportunities. Black people must go out there and compete and stop whining.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 3:09pm On May 27, 2012
shymmex: New Topic:

Why is South Africa more developed and stable than Nigeria?? grin grin grin grin

Retards like beef, are the ones holding Nigeria back. cool

You've spent your entire hopeless life in the UK in prison, now you've popped out talking like you were repeatedly "assaulted."
What did you go to jail for anyway? Armed Robbery or ra'pe? There's a lot of that in Peckham.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf:
You've spent your entire life in the UK in prison, now you've popped out talking like you were repeatedly "assaulted."
What did you go to jail for anyway? Armed Robbery? There's a lot of that in Peckham.

Looool! About spent my life in prison - yet still more educated than your ignorant ancient arse... grin grin grin

Go hop on GEJ's nuts, that's only way you feed yourself and your family anyways.. I'm self-made!!

I've NEVER had a criminal record, and I'll NEVER have one.. I'm a smooth operator, and a realist... I can be your mentor, if you want - since you lack one. cool All you ever do is spread falsehood to get paid - you hustle backwards, mate. undecided
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 3:15pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

You've spent your entire hopeless life in the UK in prison, now you've popped out talking like you were repeatedly "assaulted."
What did you go to jail for anyway? Armed Robbery or ra'pe? There's a lot of that in Peckham.

uk prisons are even better. life in uk prison is 10 times better
than life in nigeria. by the time ibori comes out, he would look
loads better than jonathan goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention / Iowa Building Collapse (Pictures, Video) / Slovakia's PM Robert Fico Shot Multiple Times, In Life Threatening Condition

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.