Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,481 members, 7,978,569 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? (33144 Views)

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Do you just pretend to be an id!ot, or are you for real? Long and short is you can purify water with solar energy, and even if your brain is in your arse, you can find ways to industrialise the process. But I'm forgetting that you are a mentally marooned lazy phuck. embarassed

i thought you were talking about water purification without electricity? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how do you industrialize a process without electricity? embarassed embarassed embarassed cheesy cheesy cheesy

welcome to beafs solar water industrialization

[img]http://wattsupwiththat.files./2011/05/sodis-ii.jpg?w=640[/img]

[img]http://www.sodis.ch/news_documents/sodis_bag.jpg[/img]
[img]http://thereifixedit.files./2010/05/6a00e00982269188330133ec87c743970b-500wi.jpg[/img]

taking nigeria into the future 2020 here we come cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Roland17(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2012
@OP, you must be on the wrong pill, may be you can try the blue ones
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:08am On May 27, 2012
oyb, so it seems like evidently the place that gets the most sun is the Eastern Sahara. 4300 hours of sunshine per year.

NYC evidently is in the neighborhood of 2600?

So assuming that NYC is somewhat represenative of the cost in the US, you'd need only ~7,800-10,400 hours of sun per year to start being competitive with other fuel sources.

Alas, not only is this ~2X what the sunniest place on earth gets...it (potentially) is more hours than exist in a year embarassed

Looks like Beaf's business idea has a minor flaw in it.

I hope that he has a backup plan grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:09am On May 27, 2012
13volts: We had a very long discussion on this issue in office today. England as a country is not known to have any mineral resources, I hardy see any manufactured product MADE IN ENGLAND despite the fact that they are our colonial master. The only major investment in Nigeria that is traced to England is BP.

My questions are;
1. Why do we have less poor people in England compared to America.
2. Without a huge manufacturing base like in America, China, Germany or Japan. How do the British manage to sustain a vibrant economy and at the same time avoid the recession ravaging Europe and America?
3. We have many blacks in England, they hardy made their presence known globally except in the EPL. Most noticeable black personalities in the world are from America, in music, movies, sport and what have you. Are the blacks in England marginalized or what? why are they not making waves as their counterparts in America?

I don't know where to start in responding to this. The post is riddled with too many faulty premises, which inevitably leads to faulty conclusions.

The UK is NOT more developed than the US.
The UK did NOT avoid the recession affecting other parts of the world.
The UK does HAVE a huge (enough) manufacturing base, in addition to BP, we have the likes of Rolls Royce (forget the luxury automobiles, RR is the second largest manufacturer of aircraft engines in the world), British American Tobacco (BAT), GlaxoSmithKline, etc. . .not to mention that Britain has some of the biggest banks and financial institutions in Europe.

In addition, saying that there are less poor people in the UK as compared to the U.S is only saying one side of it. Doesn't it also occur to you that there are also less rich people in the UK compared to the US? The population of the US is almost quadruple that of the UK, just as the wealth of the former is exponentially larger than that of the latter. So it is inevitable that the US would have higher numbers of both rich and poor people than the UK.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:09am On May 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

You know what i mean. How many hours in a day do you let your light bulb burn without becoming hysterical about electricity bill? Don't you people stay in the dark at night and use the TV Set to illuminate the room. I have witnessed in brixton at a lady's house where you take shower with a bucket and a bowl. Such a mess.

It is things like this that make me advise people not to go abroad without a water tight plan. Too many of our people are in mental homes or receiving psychiatric care, but those at home never get to learn about it and think the streets abroad are paved with gold.

It is easy to run mad if you have to light up the room with the telly and bath with bucket and bowl.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:10am On May 27, 2012
oyb:
taking nigeria into the future 2020 here we come cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Vision 2020 Nigeria:

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 10:11am On May 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

Bro i just returned last from England at the end of April. I kid you not when i tell you that the incident with the bucket and bowl was in 2010. I was shocked to say the least.

Please if you can, broaden your perspective and fly to other countries around Europe. You need no Visas and the low cost flights like Airberlin and Ryan Air are giving out tickets almost for free.

Do it and you may start seeing the Island in a different light, trust me.

the people of the other countries in europe are in the uk airports right now trying to
get into the accursed island. i have been to germany, france, switzerland, etc. they are
no step above england apart from the beautiful infrastructures that hit your eyes.....
they were all rebuilt. most of these countries suffered extensive damage during the 2nd world war.

the comparison is the uk vs usa......not the uk vs germany.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:11am On May 27, 2012
All we need to do is to pass a law in Nigeria that mandates that there must be 10,000 hours of sun per year.

After this minor obstacle is overcome, then cheap solar electricity for all!!!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:13am On May 27, 2012
I pity oyb and ekt bear; one is making a right fool of himself (oyb), while the other is talking about cost of running a business in New York, whereas we are talking about Nigerians making money in Nigeria!

Na wa o! I guess these things are the bonus aspect of foolishness! grin grin grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

Vision 2020 Nigeria:

it is beafs water sourcing strategy

that is extraction

this is processing

[img]http://thereifixedit.files./2010/05/6a00e00982269188330133ec87c743970b-500wi.jpg[/img]

and this is sale e of the finished product

[img]http://kopernik.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/sodis%202.jpg[/img]

okay kids , get your pure water here

beaf aka naija dominic greene

Greene utilizes his eco-friendly company Greene Planet as a cover for his involvement with the international organization Quantum. Greene has spearheaded a relationship with Medrano; through a mutually beneficial partnership, Greene has promised to use Quantum to overthrow the existing Bolivian government and place Medrano in power. In exchange, Greene and Quantum desire land rights to a seemingly barren tract of land deep within the Bolivian desert; ostensibly, this desolate piece of land could yield precious reserves of oil. Bond and Camille stumble across dynamite-created dams deep within a sinkhole in the Bolivian desert; these dams effectively divert vast resources of water into a single, concentrated area. Bond realizes Greene isn't after oil: instead, Greene and Quantum intend to privately own and control the whole of Bolivia's water supply. Upon Medrano's agreement to accept Quantum's aid in overthrowing the Bolivian government, Greene presents Medrano with a contract for the privatised water service Quantum will provide for the country — at double the rate.

government monster embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

even the worst of the norther govs aren't this bad
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:16am On May 27, 2012
Lord, this has been fun. I have not laughed so hard in some time. Cheap entertainment, this Nairaland grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: All we need to do is to pass a law in Nigeria that mandates that there must be 10,000 hours of sun per year.

After this minor obstacle is overcome, then cheap solar electricity for all!!!

gej will vow to subsidize sunlight cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:17am On May 27, 2012
Let us all pray that God will grant Nigeria 10,000 hours of sunlight this next year so that Beaf's business will be able to break even grin cheesy grin

Aight. I think I'm done for the night. Peace ya'll
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:19am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Let us all pray that God will grant Nigeria 10,000 hours of sunlight this next year so that Beaf's business will be able to break even grin cheesy grin

Aight. I think I'm done for the night. Peace ya'll

True, even a fools brain gets tired of its drudgery of foolish display after foolish display.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 10:22am On May 27, 2012
Wait a second.

One thing I forgot.

Solar cells have a finite lifetime, right? Even if it were possible for you to get enough sunlight per year to break even, won't the increased sunlight shorten the lifespan of the cells?

So your costs actually will go up.

So even just a raw increase in hours of sunlight/year won't be enough...your costs will go higher since you have to replace the cells more frequently.

Heh.

So for a variety of reasons, Beaf's proposal is id1iotic.

Man.

This guy truly didn't do anything thinking at all.

Na wa o
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by carlos86: 10:22am On May 27, 2012
Some people are just too lazy to research and that's why they wake up on a Sunday morning and post poo out of ignorance.Did you take a look at quality of life index or human development index before posting this crap?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

True, even a fools brain gets tired of its drudgery of foolish display after foolish display.

dude one can't beat up on a retard forever ; it gets old; plus unlike the govt monkeys some of us have real jobs. i have your time today because i'm stuck out of lagos until my evening flight
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 27, 2012
pro01:

In addition, saying that there are less poor people in the UK as compared to the U.S is only saying one side of it. Doesn't it also occur to you that there are also less rich people in the UK compared to the US? The population of the US is almost quadruple that of the UK, just as the wealth of the former is exponentially larger than that of the latter. So it is inevitable that the US would have higher numbers of both rich and poor people than the UK.

But the poor in England are not abandoned to a life of misery and everlasting penury.

The Poor in England can own a home, feed 3 times a day , have access to good medical care and experience 24/7 light and water.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Wait a second.

One thing I forgot.

Solar cells have a finite lifetime, right? Even if it were possible for you to get enough sunlight per year to break even, won't the increased sunlight shorten the lifespan of the cells?

So your costs actually will go up.

So even just a raw increase in hours of sunlight/year won't be enough...your costs will go higher since you have to replace the cells more frequently.

Heh.

So for a variety of reasons, Beaf's proposal is id1iotic.

Man.

This guy truly didn't do anything thinking at all.

Na wa o

sadly that is the sort of sheet that is bandied around at fec meetings, empty minds positing empty proposals

there may be a solar water proposal in the offing - with big contracts for the supply of pet bottles

operation pure water

for the alleviation of almajiris

i better stop posting this before it happens - no comedy of errors is beyond team gej
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by kutchs: 10:25am On May 27, 2012
This thread has got nothing to do with Nigeria, why turn it to a Nigerian thing and why attack and insult the president. Surely we need to get tired doing this, keep to the issue and thrash it out, ur insult of GEJ will not help in any way, not even making the US more developed and stable than the UK.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:29am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

dude one can't beat up on a retard forever ; it gets old; plus unlike the govt monkeys some of us have real jobs. i have your time today because i'm stuck out of lagos until my evening flight

All you people have done is prove your idiocy over and over and over. I always knew you were na id!ot anyway, but the depth of ekt bears stup!dity was stunning! grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 27, 2012
the thread is the front page o

your humiliation is here for all to see

you can add solar dunce to your monikers of asaba dundee and gej jizz receptacle embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:32am On May 27, 2012
carlos86: Some people are just too lazy to research and that's why they wake up on a Sunday morning and post poo out of ignorance.Did you take a look at quality of life index or human development index before posting this crap?

We've got two of that kind proudly displaying how foolish they are. Its not surprising that the country is not developed when so many mentally lazy people exist.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:33am On May 27, 2012
oyb: the thread is the front page o

your humiliation is here for all to see

you can add solar dunce to your monikers of asaba dundee and gej jizz receptacle embarassed embarassed embarassed

I really think you don't realise that you are actually humiliating yourself! grin grin grin
I've shown a way people can set up a business with little cost and all you've done is act the monkey.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Do you just pretend to be an id!ot, or are you for real? Long and short is you can purify water with solar energy, and even if your brain is in your arse, you can find ways to industrialise the process. But I'm forgetting that you are a mentally marooned lazy phuck. embarassed

one again, with feeling cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

welcome to mad beaf inc cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

I really think you don't realise that you are actually humiliating yourself! grin grin grin
I've shown a way people can set up a business with little cost and all you've done is act the monkey.

you showed what?

a water purification solution intended for refugees and people cut off from the grid is your idea of a business venture cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy embarassed embarassed embarassed

this is the sort of hair brained sheet that can only come out of the FG

a solar energy solution that can only pander to villagers in huts?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 10:39am On May 27, 2012
frosbel:

But the poor in England are not abandoned to a life of misery and everlasting penury.

The Poor in England can own a home, feed 3 times a day , have access to good medical care and experience 24/7 light and water.

the poor in england are also not behind bars like in america.
as of 2006, 7 million people were behind bars, probation or parole. 2.2 million of the total were incarcerated.
china ranks 2nd with 1.5 million, never mind the fact that china has 4 times the population of america.

it's perfectly legal for an american cop to murder an innocent citizen - just like in nigeria.
heaven help you if you accidentally anger an american "peace" officer. the cops in england are not
saints but they are nothing compared with the bullies with badges in america.

america might be the only "developed" country who don't practise the human rights.....you can be labelled a terrorist
in america without charge or legal council, stripped of your citizenship and sent to gitmo indefinitely. too unfortunate,
the average american is too busy being a slave, too brain-washed by the media, too mindfucked by mercury and fluoride to even know it.

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:41am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

you showed what?

a water purification solution intended for refugees and people cut off from the grid is your idea of a business venture cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy embarassed embarassed embarassed

this is the sort of hair brained sheet that can only come out of the FG

a solar energy solution that can only pander to villagers in huts?

What a fool! Go and find out what it is to know the true depth of how foolish you are. Even a chimp wouldn't be such an id!ot.

Pathetic.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: The funny thing to me oyb is that I was actually very interested in water purification as a kid. I even did a science fair project on it in 4th grade grin

Spent a lot of time reading about it.

Anyway, initially, I thought Beaf was just too dumb to realize that generating electricity from solar is expensive.

Now I realize that he is just too dumb to realize that most businesses in the world that are profitable require electricity.

His proposal to purify water w/o electricity is cute and all. But so would be a proposal by someone to use oxen and goats for transportation, rather than cars.

Most Nigerians are in 2012, and trying to go to 2020.

Beaf on the other hand is in 2012, and wants to go back to 1820.

behold the rechristened beafrolla

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:47am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

What a fool! Go and find out what it is to know the true depth of how foolish you are. Even a chimp wouldn't be such an id!ot.

Pathetic.

chimp after beafs bizarre industrialization of solar powered water purification spamentation( presentation is an insult to the word)
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:50am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

chimp after beafs bizarre industrialization of solar powered water purification spamentation( presentation is an insult to the word)

I wanna keep this post for posterity. Its like a measurement of your idiocy! grin grin grin grin
Imagine the abyssmal mental output of someone claiming to be an engineer! Lol!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Redman44(m): 10:52am On May 27, 2012
I've not been to the USA physically and all I've learned about America is through reading and internet research. So I can't really compare the standard of living in both the UK and the USA. However, England is a well organized country and I know what I am talking about. The Rule of Law is held in high esteem in England and Racism here is lower than what obtains in other European Nations. The UK tolerates a lot of things that countries like Germany, Switzerland and Norway will not accept. The standard of living in England depends on the intelligence and education of the family involved. I've been around the country and I've seen people living well and people living in run down homes. It is usually those without papers in England that live in terrible conditions. The British take care of their own and jobless people have something to fall upon. Most houses in Britain are built with bricks while many houses in the USA are made of wood sad sad sad. So which category of Real Estate has more value? It is not difficult to open a Bank Account in England or other parts of the UK. Your account can be opened on the same day you apply for it especially if you open it a branch of your Bank. All you need is your Passport and proof of your address 1.e Water Bill, Energy Bill, Council Letter etc. I make bold to see things are very organized in England.

There are job opportunities here in the UK despite the recession. You don't have to do 3 jobs to survive if you know what you're doing and if you know where to get things for a good price. I am someone that loves living a good life without spending too much money. I love looking for deals on the internet and I'm a huge fan of Amazon and Ebay. At least, I know my purchases will get to me without me having to leave my home. Why do people keep flocking to the UK if it is not a developed place? You need to see the number of people that apply for NI Numbers everyday in Britain. I believe the Tax System in the UK is one of the things that helps the country maintain its position as a developed Nation. Life is not a bed of roses though in England. There are social problems that still need to be solved and the integration of immigrants with the native population is far from the level it should be at. I won't agree with anyone that thumbs down England and the UK because this Country has given me a lot and has helped me to live a life I dreamed of as a kid. I'm still on the ascendancy. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia & UAE Leaders Rejects President Biden's Call Over Ukraine / Slovakia's PM Robert Fico Shot Multiple Times, In Life Threatening Condition / Storm Dennis Batters The United Kingdom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.