Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,462 members, 7,950,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? (33096 Views)

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 3:38am On May 27, 2012
Some people never fail in their constant striving to come across as id!ots.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:40am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

I hope you don't mind the necessary edit?

Sorry, but Nigerians abroad did not travel out to save the country, so their working double has nothing to do with Nigeria. They are working double because they went abroad either ill-equipped or with no plan, but travelled with the sole purpose of improving their own lives (and none other). 90% of them would have made much more money in Nigeria with the attitude that saw them dare the odds to try out a life abroad.

With belief, each of us can pitch in and make Nigeria great, instead of running off to foreign lands.
Clearly, sniffing at least 2 grams of cocaine every time you get to Aso Rock is a prerequisite before you start the day's "job". Dude, you're insane.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 3:41am On May 27, 2012
I highly doubt that I personally'd have been better off if I'd grown up in Nigeria. There are some pretty nice opportunities available abroad which simply are not available in Nigeria. Or Africa period, for that matter.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:49am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: I hope you don't mind the necessary edit?

Sorry, but Nigerians abroad did not travel out to save the country, so their working double has nothing to do with Nigeria. They are working double because they went abroad either ill-equipped or with no plan, but travelled with the sole purpose of improving their own lives (and none other). 90% of them would have made much more money in Nigeria with the attitude that saw them dare the odds to try out a life abroad.

With belief, each of us can pitch in and make Nigeria great, instead of running off to foreign lands.

I wouldn't expect you to have much clue, Reno.

90% of them would have made more money in Nigeria? Maybe, probably not, but there are Nigerians who prefer clean money that they work for, rather than political handouts. Integrity and dignity versus shame and illegality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 3:54am On May 27, 2012
damn!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 4:15am On May 27, 2012
ogugua88:

90% of them would have made more money in Nigeria? Maybe, probably not, but there are Nigerians who prefer clean money that they work for, rather than political handouts. Integrity and dignity versus shame and illegality.

Please don't call me Reno. Those who foist false id's tend to be unintelligent and you are not.

I will repeat again that 90% of those who left would have made more money and been happier if they had remained in Nigeria. It is only lazy people that think that politics and corruption are the sole routes to wealth. Nigeria is brimming with opportunity, but for some reason (I put it down to national low self-esteem) Nigerians are blind to the bounties around them.

I recall you blamed the President, all well and good, he is the boss. I am sure though, that where you are in the US, you would be more circumspect. Reason? You know that your municipal govt bears responsibility and exists for a purpose, as do your state governor, reps and senators.
It is the lazy way out to point fingers at GEJ. And you know it.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 4:15am On May 27, 2012
ogugua88:

Oh my Gawwd, this gal come add headbutt join the previous beating!

Chei, Beaf, see your life!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 4:23am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Please don't call me Reno. Those who foist false id's tend to be unintelligent and you are not.

I will repeat again that 90% of those who left would have made more money and been happier if they had remained in Nigeria. It is only lazy people that think that politics and corruption are the sole routes to wealth. Nigeria is brimming with opportunity, but for some reason (I put it dpwn to national low self-esteem) Nigerians are blind to the bounties around them.

I recall you blamed the President, all well and good, he is the boss. I am sure though, that where you are in the US, you would be more circumspect. Reason? You know that your municipal govt bears responsibility and exists for a purpose, as do your state governor, reps and senators.
It is the lazy way out to point fingers at GEJ. And you know it.

Watever, RENO, last time I read the news I didn't see Obama scamming us to the tune of over $2Billion dollars over a fake subsidy, nor does he eat $30,000/day meals while 90% of us live on $2/day. Obama doesn't shield his corrupt cronies in Govt, nor does he not bat an eyelid when N2trillion comes up missing and all fingers point to his Diezani. Also, his Sec. Defense hasn't accused him of being a terrorist nor have any Al Qaeda leaders pointed fingers at him as being behind some of the bombings just to blame Muslims, You want us to give a quick call to Henry Okah?

Also, RENO, Obama doesn't rely on Dangote for everything and when terrorists threaten us, he strikes and doesn't wait for innocent Americans to die only to come on air the next day and tell us "We are on top of things".

Finally, Obama is waaaaayyyyy smarter than thinking the most important functions of the National Assembly are passing laws on tenure elongation or forcing us to eat cassava bread.

Dude you're a freaking dolt; GO KILL YOURSELF!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 4:24am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: Some people never fail in their constant striving to come across as id!ots.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 4:37am On May 27, 2012
Lazy people will never see the brimful of opportunities in their own country, but would rather blame others and make id!ots arguments that keep deviating from the topic.
Many Nigerians abroad are suffering, whereas they would have been raving successes at home for 1/10th of the self-abasement and slave sweat they have to put in abroad. Mental homes are filled with black people, because of the sheer horrors of their existence abroad.

However, people from African and African Caribbean communities, including those of white and black mixed ethnicity, can face additional problems which may affect their mental health. Everyday life has a big impact on mental health, and black communities in the UK are still more likely than others to experience problems such as bad housing, unemployment, stress and racism, all of which can make people ill.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Blackhealth/Pages/Mentalhealth.aspx

People from African and African Caribbean communities are more likely than others to be admitted to hospital for mental illness.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Blackhealth/Pages/intropage.aspx

If any of you is thinking of travelling to Europe or the US, better think twice before you start sounding frustrated and making only incoherent arguments.

There is solar energy in Nigeria - untapped.
There are waterways - untapped.
Agriculture (yes, plant yams, cassava, cocoa etc) - untapped.
Precious stones - untapped.
Interpersonal relationships - untapped.

I could fill pages with opportunities that either cost very little or nothing to go into in Nigeria. Why people are too lazy to see these things is entirely their own fault and that of their immediate environment. They have grown up to expect gifts from Abuja. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by afrodoc(m): 4:45am On May 27, 2012
lol dis has morphed from us vs uk to naija vs the world,or so it seems.
back to topic.d uk has a relatively small size wit little room for xpansion,limited natural resources,a popuation with a disprportionate percentage on govt social benefits and an overvalued currency which has crippled local manufacturing.no way is d uk more developed or stable than d us
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 4:49am On May 27, 2012
lmaoo
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 5:06am On May 27, 2012
Lol! Sudden silence from the loud diversionery "commando!" (you know yourself). grin grin grin
Maybe he is a mental patient afterall!

I will advise Nigerians that it would be the gravest error of your life to up and go to the US or Europe without a water tight plan. You could very easily end up mad like very many of ours unfortunately have:

Both past and recent research suggests that some groups – notably Black Caribbean, Black African and other Black groups – are over-represented in psychiatric hospitals. [7]

The high number of African Caribbean people being diagnosed with schizophrenia is well documented, with some studies reporting between two to eight times higher rates of diagnosis compared to the White population. [8]

Men from Black Caribbean, Black African, and other Black groups were more likely than other groups to have been detained under the Mental Health Act 1983. The figures follow the same pattern in all the ‘Count me in’ reports from 2005 to 2009. [12]

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/people_groups_and_communities/statistics_3_race_culture_and_mental_health
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 5:21am On May 27, 2012
Yeah...selling a story of your typical African immigrant having made a poor decision is about as credible as the OP's title.

And if you are someone like me who specifically even as a child was interested in something that is only available here...well, for such people, your story is simply comical.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 5:25am On May 27, 2012
I thank God every day for my selfless parents who made a tough decision so that the lives of their children would be better.

In about a week's time I'll be going to my little sister's graduation. I won't mention the name of the ivy league university she will be attending for college on a significant scholarship. I am just very thankful to watch these thing happen to my family, and thankful to the USA for these opportunities.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Katsumoto: 5:25am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: Lazy people will never see the brimful of opportunities in their own country, but would rather blame others and make id!ots arguments that keep deviating from the topic.
Many Nigerians abroad are suffering, whereas they would have been raving successes at home for 1/10th of the self-abasement and slave sweat they have to put in abroad. Mental homes are filled with black people, because of the sheer horrors of their existence abroad.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Blackhealth/Pages/Mentalhealth.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Blackhealth/Pages/intropage.aspx

If any of you is thinking of travelling to Europe or the US, better think twice before you start sounding frustrated and making only incoherent arguments.

There is solar energy in Nigeria - untapped.
There are waterways - untapped.
Agriculture (yes, plant yams, cassava, cocoa etc) - untapped.
Precious stones - untapped.
Interpersonal relationships - untapped.

I could fill pages with opportunities that either cost very little or nothing to go into in Nigeria. Why people are too lazy to see these things is entirely their own fault and that of their immediate environment. They have grown up to expect gifts from Abuja. It doesn't work that way.

There is a lot wrong with this post Beaf

1. The government is responsible for setting macroeconomic policies which are meant to stimulate the development and growth of industries

2. Even when opportunities are identified, an entrepreneur must still make a profit. And you can only make a profit when your revenue is greater than your costs. For instance, China has 30% of global rare earth deposits but 80% of the market. Why is that? Because it is cheaper for an entrepreneur to mine rare earth in China than anywhere else. In countries where infrastructure is in a developed state, an entrepreneur is not guaranteed to make a profit let alone in a country like Nigeria where the non-existence of infrastructure increases your costs astronomically. How can an entrepreneur make a buck in a country notorious for graft, lack of power, and infrastructure?

3. You mentioned a lot of industries that require a lot of start up capital. How are individuals supposed to find the necessary capital to mine precious stones. Even in Germany, the government had to subsidized the firms that tap solar power to sell to the grid at above market price

4. You turned your attention to Nigerians in diaspora forgetting that there are millions of Nigerians who are still living in Nigeria below globally accepted poverty levels. Why aren’t those Nigerians taking advantage of those opportunities? You keep making these statements about Nigerians all depending on Abuja. That is not the case; travelling through Nigeria, one can see the hardship being felt by millions who get up every day to work and provide for themselves and their families but with little to show for it.

5. Yes there are opportunities in Nigeria but it appears that only those who are in government together with their friends and families are reaping from those benefits. Any monkey can make millions in Nigeria supplying very basic products such as toilet paper or pencil if the monkey in charge is his friend or uncle.

6. The Nigerian educational system has been failing the Nigerian economy and people for almost 25 years. Nothing is being done to address that. How do you expect people to see opportunities when they lack basic education. Yes there are very rare people who have the ability to make a buck even without education but other factors are at least present. How can a man strategize properly when he has to get up very early to go to work, pay through his nose for transportation, sit in traffic for hours, work for over 10 hours, return home through traffic only to find there is no electricity when he gets home. If Steve Jobs were a non-connected Nigerian, Apple would be just be a fruit.

7. There is no level playing field in Nigeria. The current Nigerian government, just like other governments before it, is not doing nada to address these serious issues. If you want to accuse Nigerians of being lazy or visionless, then the Nigerian government must first do its part to ensure the development of the Nigerian economy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 5:31am On May 27, 2012
^
Dude, you need to be specific with your words. All I can see are generalisations that count for nothing, eg "You mentioned a lot of industries that require a lot of start up capital."
Firstly, that is your opinion which is not backed up in any way, secondly you did not mention a single industry that needs a lot of start up money (none of those I mentioned do, by the way).

Please be specific, because meaning is getting lost in the vast amount of stuff you typed.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by sweethunibun(m): 5:40am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: Lol! Sudden silence from the loud diversionery "commando!" (you know yourself). grin grin grin
Maybe he is a mental patient afterall!

I will advise Nigerians that it would be the gravest error of your life to up and go to the US or Europe without a water tight plan. You could very easily end up mad like very many of ours unfortunately have:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/people_groups_and_communities/statistics_3_race_culture_and_mental_health

1 Like

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Katsumoto: 5:42am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: ^
Dude, you need to be specific with your words. All I can see are generalisations that count for nothing, eg "You mentioned a lot of industries that require a lot of start up capital."
Firstly, that is your opinion which is not backed up in any way, secondly you did not mention a single industry that needs a lot of start up money (none of those I mentioned do, by the way).

Please be specific, because meaning is getting lost in the vast amount of stuff you typed.

You mentioned precious stones, waterways, solar energy, etc. All those require huge capital. Perhaps I am mistaken; please break it down how all those industries dont require huge capital. For instance, how do you mine precious stones without huge capital?

BTW, I see that you are trying to evade many of the points raised. grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 5:57am On May 27, 2012
Katsumoto:

There is a lot wrong with this post Beaf

1. The government is responsible for setting macroeconomic policies which are meant to stimulate the development and growth of industries

What about the LG's and state govts, surely they do not have nil to do?

Katsumoto:
2. Even when opportunities are identified, an entrepreneur must still make a profit. And you can only make a profit when your revenue is greater than your costs. For instance, China has 30% of global rare earth deposits but 80% of the market. Why is that? Because it is cheaper for an entrepreneur to mine rare earth in China than anywhere else. In countries where infrastructure is in a developed state, an entrepreneur is not guaranteed to make a profit let alone in a country like Nigeria where the non-existence of infrastructure increases your costs astronomically. How can an entrepreneur make a buck in a country notorious for graft, lack of power, and infrastructure?

Mining rare earth metals is generally beyond the capability of the average person, so the above does not count in an argument about personal application and sweat.
We are over enamored with minerals in Nigeria, forgetting that the mind is the most potent resource. Japan barely has any minerals, yet they are the Worlds 3rd largest economy.

Katsumoto:
3. You mentioned a lot of industries that require a lot of start up capital. How are individuals supposed to find the necessary capital to mine precious stones. Even in Germany, the government had to subsidized the firms that tap solar power to sell to the grid at above market price

Precious stones can be mined in small scale with little investment outside creating a collective to obtain a license.
People do not harness solar energy in Nigeria because of mental laziness and low self-esteem. It costs next to zero to invest in many aspects of solar energy.

Katsumoto:
4. You turned your attention to Nigerians in diaspora forgetting that there are millions of Nigerians who are still living in Nigeria below globally accepted poverty levels. Why aren’t those Nigerians taking advantage of those opportunities? You keep making these statements about Nigerians all depending on Abuja. That is not the case; travelling through Nigeria, one can see the hardship being felt by millions who get up every day to work and provide for themselves and their families but with little to show for it.

Most people lack imagination for industry and there is a pervasive inferiority complex aflicting the nation that stops people from harnessing their culture and environment because it is "local." You tell many people there is money in cassava and they want to kill you, because they lack self-belief.
The average Nigerian feels that the only way to make money is to work for govt or in a bank. They do not believe they can make money by thinking.

Katsumoto:
5. Yes there are opportunities in Nigeria but it appears that only those who are in government together with their friends and families are reaping from those benefits. Any monkey can make millions in Nigeria supplying very basic products such as toilet paper or pencil if the monkey in charge is his friend or uncle.

This is the lazy way out. You do not need to be connected to govt to make money. Its funny how whites would come all the way from Europe and the US, research into agbo, go back, payent the chemicals and make billions. Viagra is big business, while burantashi is sold by roadside mallams. Difference?

Katsumoto:
6. The Nigerian educational system has been failing the Nigerian economy and people for almost 25 years. Nothing is being done to address that. How do you expect people to see opportunities when they lack basic education. Yes there are very rare people who have the ability to make a buck even without education but other factors are at least present. How can a man strategize properly when he has to get up very early to go to work, pay through his nose for transportation, sit in traffic for hours, work for over 10 hours, return home through traffic only to find there is no electricity when he gets home. If Steve Jobs were a non-connected Nigerian, Apple would be just be a fruit.

The education system is a failure, only because of the mentality of the average Nigerian. Failure is like a living thing that breeds failure after failure. Nigerians lack organisation and the ability to think critically, what we are witnessing is the amplification of these things as they "blossom" from generation to generation. It all stems from mental laziness and low self-esteem.

Katsumoto:
7. There is no level playing field in Nigeria. The current Nigerian government, just like other governments before it, is not doing nada to address these serious issues. If you want to accuse Nigerians of being lazy or visionless, then the Nigerian government must first do its part to ensure the development of the Nigerian economy.

No one needs a level playing field to think and conseptualise. Yes, the FG needs to create a conducive environment; but that requirement falls even more on the LG and state govts. No one seems to question LG's and state govts and demand that responsibilities be met, the simple reason is the lazy mind that see's loads of money in Abuja which very strangely blinds them to the need to demand development, accountability and opportunities from their grassroots govt.

The Nigerian is a big problem.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 6:04am On May 27, 2012
Katsumoto:

You mentioned precious stones, waterways, solar energy, etc. All those require huge capital. Perhaps I am mistaken; please break it down how all those industries dont require huge capital. For instance, how do you mine precious stones without huge capital?

BTW, I see that you are trying to evade many of the points raised. grin

The bolded is an example of the laziness I am talking about. What exactly needs huge capital? You've simply taken one look at being responsible, then collapsed and died. You didn't even try to think of aspects of precious stones, waterways, solar energy that you could get into for next to free off charge.

There are many things under your nose, a very simple example is creating potable drinking water with solar energy - costs next to zero and much less than a ticket to the US (and much less than madness). Another is generating fuel/electricity from waste (you go to toilet init? grin). etc etc etc

1 Like

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:09am On May 27, 2012
Katsumoto:

zamfara style

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:10am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Yeah...selling a story of your typical African immigrant having made a poor decision is about as credible as the OP's title.

And if you are someone like me who specifically even as a child was interested in something that is only available here...well, for such people, your story is simply comical.
How about those that were born here or those that came here's as babies or kids? You see, my friend, Beaf is just a dolt. P.S: Anybody Else Notice Beaf ignored The Most Important thread on NL where Mrs.Clinton biyytchslaPped Beaf's master?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:16am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

The bolded is an example of the laziness I am talking about. What exactly needs huge capital? You've simply taken one look at being responsible, then collapsed and died. You didn't even try to think of aspects of precious stones, waterways, solar energy that you could get into for next to free off charge.

There are many things under your nose, a very simple example is creating potable drinking water with solar energy - costs next to zero and much less than a ticket to the US (and much less than madness). Another is generating fuel/electricity from waste (you go to toilet init? grin). etc etc etc

http://www.gizmag.com/maxpure-solar-water-filter/13576/

Recently, we reported on Marines and their deployment of GREENS solar-power for technological devices on the battlefield. Soon after publishing that article, Gizmag was contacted by World Water and Solar Technologies (WWST) and told us about the company’s placement of solar-powered water purification units throughout the world, but in particular, in war-torn Darfur, Sudan. Working with the Humanitarian International Services Group (HISG), the company has installed two high-volume Mobile Max Pure (MMP) water filters that use the sun for their power. Each unit can generate up to 3.5kW of solar electric power and provide 30,000 gallons of clean drinking water for the many thousands of civilians living in displaced persons camps. Each filter was placed in a carefully selected location where it could do the most good.

Most times, the MMPs are left behind for the indigenous population to utilize when the military deployments leave. This enables crop irrigation for increased food security and population health and also provides increased potential for local employment for system maintenance, security, etc.

Maintenance on an MMP unit costs around US$5,000 per year, which is the unit’s only expense because of its total reliance on the solar power for pumping, purification and power (if enabled).

Potable (drinking) water is, arguably, Iraq’s most precious and scarce resource, says Burns. Water flowing from a newly installed solar powered water purification units means the difference between health and disease for thousands of Iraqis in the Fallujah District of Al Anbar Province.

Most people receive drinking water from wells or directly from the Euphrates River, which is contaminated. Local authorities say the MMPs will be crucial in preventing diseases like cholera and bilharzia (a parasitic disease that causes diarrhea) that strike vulnerable population groups, especially children. In Fallujah, the system does not require a water distribution network as it is designed as a storage tank whereby people come to the site for water drawn directly from the unit. Burns says some other sites are considering means by which clean water can be delivered to homes via tankers thus extending the reach of this potable water source.

The units – costing around $1.3 million in equipment and shipping – were donated anonymously following an ePRT Fallujah’s Weekly Report article citing the shortage of potable water in the area.

To date, seven units have been installed by the ePRT and Marines of Regimental Combat Team One throughout the Fallujah District. The goal is to install another five units in the next few months.

can someone show me how this translates to one cent?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:21am On May 27, 2012
Most people lack imagination for industry and there is a pervasive inferiority complex aflicting the nation that stops people from harnessing their culture and environment because it is "local." You tell many people there is money in cassava and they want to kill you, because they lack self-belief.
The average Nigerian feels that the only way to make money is to work for govt or in a bank. They do not believe they can make money by thinking.

The education system is a failure, only because of the mentality of the average Nigerian. Failure is like a living thing that breeds failure after failure. Nigerians lack organisation and the ability to think critically, what we are witnessing is the amplification of these things as they "blossom" from generation to generation. It all stems from mental laziness and low self-esteem.

No one needs a level playing field to think and conseptualise. Yes, the FG needs to create a conducive environment; but that requirement falls even more on the LG and state govts. No one seems to question LG's and state govts and demand that responsibilities be met, the simple reason is the lazy mind that see's loads of money in Abuja which very strangely blinds them to the need to demand development, accountability and opportunities from their grassroots govt.
The Nigerian is a big problem.

sadly, beaf cannot provide himself a an example - na to talk down on nigerians and post bizarre lies about the cheapness of solar powered water purification

i think i will save all this self hate where beaf pompously speaks down to nigerians who are not blessed wth connections to those in power
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Katsumoto: 6:21am On May 27, 2012
Beaf

You are simplifying the process of starting a business in Nigeria. Its a lot more difficult than you are making it to be.

Please pick one of the examples you gave and provide a high level overview of the process involved in starting up. Assume the entrepreneur is a graduate with 3 years post qualification experience.

I suspect you are raising all these points about Nigerians being lazy, etc simply to absolve the government of significant blame in the whole mess.

Nigerian governments of the past have failed, the current government is also failing. No amount of passing the buck can mask that.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 6:24am On May 27, 2012
I see the usual pigs and lazy fools like oyb cannot think. It takes a special sort of lazy fool to equate solar energy with solar cells.
Again, it boils down to the inferiority complex I talked about. People think the only way of doing things is the way the white man has done it.
There are a thousand ways to harness solar energy and a thousand purposes outside electricity.

Many Nigerians are indeed a problem.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 6:27am On May 27, 2012
Katsumoto: Beaf

You are simplifying the process of starting a business in Nigeria. Its a lot more difficult than you are making it to be.

Please pick one of the examples you gave and provide a high level overview of the process involved in starting up. Assume the entrepreneur is a graduate with 3 years post qualification experience.

I suspect you are raising all these points about Nigerians being lazy, etc simply to absolve the government of significant blame in the whole mess.

Nigerian governments of the past have failed, the current government is also failing. No amount of passing the buck can mask that.

Abeg, pay me consultancy fee fes! grin
Beaf, your "humbo" savant is waiting. Lol!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:31am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: I see the usual pigs and lazy fools like oyb cannot think. It takes a special sort of lazy fool to equate solar energy with solar cells.
Again, it boils down to the inferiority complex I talked about. People think the only way of doing things is the way the white man has done it.
There are a thousand ways to harness solar energy and a thousand purposes outside electricity.

Many Nigerians are indeed a problem.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i no fit shout

no one but beaf

oya provide us with info, if you dare cheesy cheesy cheesy

sadly, the only businesses available for such a person is the usual glorified trading - buying abroad at $10 and selling in naija at $50
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by crackhaus: 6:33am On May 27, 2012
England isn't more developed than america but they're more organized though, I guess that means stabilty in a way.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 6:39am On May 27, 2012

its only easy to start a business in naija if you are an fg briefcase contractor

end of

the repeated failures of the fg to provide electricity alone are a major problem to any entrepreneur
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 6:45am On May 27, 2012
Lol! Oyb is giving a really graphic display of the twin evils bedevilling many Nigerians:

1. Mental laziness (awuf culture)
2. Low self esteem

Both these things are a killer of progress and creativity. A man has abundance of sunlight shining on his head (by the way, govt didn't put it there), yet wonders what to do with it?
Strangely, in much colder climes many folk find ways to harness solar energy. What is wrong with many Nigerians? How will the oyb's ever become inventive and productive? It's like this cadre is mere a pack of leaches, looking for the nearest host.
I keep asking, what if Nigeria didn't have oil? Wouldn't the oyb's have been forced by their groaning bellies to be more creative and mentally active?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention / Iowa Building Collapse (Pictures, Video) / Slovakia's PM Robert Fico Shot Multiple Times, In Life Threatening Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.