Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,499 members, 7,951,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? (33098 Views)

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by queensmith: 8:45am On May 27, 2012
America has more money, more people and are more technologically advanced.

But you are right, England is smaller, has less poverty (relatively) lower unemployment rates and a better standard of living.

It's more welfare orientated, so if you are talking in terms of social stability I believe you.

If i'm to take judge judy seriously, some americans work 16 hours a day! Not only is that illegal here it's unnecessary.

As to why England is soo fantastic it's probably because it's existed for much longer, made enough money from the slave trade and it did colonize (still does) quite a few other countries.

They also take alot of time implementing policies that benefit the working class (whether it actually does the job is another thing) but the efforts are what makes this place stable, redistribution of wealth and all (they are doing a very poor job of it)
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by omar22(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2012
If America sneezes England would catch the cold. England relies on the American economy, American Banking sector went burst, within days Banks in England joined the queen. Your assumption is totally wrong. comparing a country that's willing to screw out every penny that you have to a country they call the Land of opportunity.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:47am On May 27, 2012
oyb: It simply isn't economical. Maybe some very, very remote area where even transporting fuel there is difficult.

But solar isn't even cost-effective here in the US. And we have massive subsidies. Yet Solyndra went bankrupt about a year ago.

How does anyone expect it to work in Nigeria? undecided

It is tiresome talking to people who have no engineering, science, or evidently even economics background.

No wonder Nigeria is in the poor state it is...numerically illiterate folks like Beaf jumping and shouting for solar grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:48am On May 27, 2012
Pluses for England.

1) NHS! No one in the UK goes bankrupt because of mounting medical bills. You get sick in the UK you worry about getting well, not how are you going to pay for the doctors/hospital bills, nor do you have to choose between food and medication, as medication is £7 for a prescription no matter what it was or how expensive the real value of the medicine. So you will pay £7 for a £300 pound drug and £7 for a £1 drug. Sort of balances itself.

2) Cars in England get almost 2/3 better gas mileage for the same make and model. Don't believe me google it. Go to ford.com and then ford.co.uk and compare for yourself.

3) Food is cheaper in the UK. People can actually afford to eat healthy. In America who can? It is cheaper to buy processed food than fresh fruit and veg. Disgusting really.

4) Public transportation is wonderful in England. Here in the US unless you live in a major city you better own a car because public transportation is unheard of for a large portion of the US.

5) The UK educational system is MUCH better than the US. The US is quickly slipping down the list globally as far as education is concerned.

6) Higher education is so expensive in the US. In the UK people can actually afford to go to Uni if they so wish.

7) In my personal opinion housing is much cheaper in England versus the US. However having said that I will say houses tend to be smaller than they are in the US.

8 ) WONDERFUL social support networks in place. Thanks to the taxes you pay in England you are guaranteed help if you ever need it.

9)I personally think the UK is more accepting of social diversities. Which is something I treasure. Having lived most of my like in the US I am getting fed up with all the racial issues, slurs and prejudices.

10) On a trivial note...travel is dirt cheap out of the UK. Try and travel internationally from the US and you better have a nice sized savings account to back you up. In the UK you can go to a variety of different countries cheaper than we can go to a different state in the US.

11) Most jobs in the UK give 5 weeks paid vacation starting day one. In the US you are lucky if you get 1 week unpaid after working a yr for the same company.

12) In the UK after working for a company for a yr they have to give you a job contract, which offers job stability. You don't have to worry about getting fired at any time, for any reason or no reason, like you do here in the US.

13) Wages for most jobs are at least 1/2 to 2/3 higher in the UK.

And this coming from a white American

England any day !!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 8:48am On May 27, 2012
Why can't solar energy be used to purify water as a business?
I pity the likes of oyb and ekt bear for thaeir shallow mindedness.
Especially that fuckwit oyb that calls himself an engineer, yet is as daft a a stone.

You can't do business in Nigeria? I'm giving you ideas for free here. What a pair of dunces.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:48am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: It is probably cheaper to use a gasoline/diesel generator to generate electricity than to use solar.

At least in yankee, you get a subsidy for solar. In Nigeria, no such thing exists grin grin

I would rather build a factory in Nigeria and run it on diesel than run it on solar.

In both cases, I'll probably be losing money. But I lose less with diesel..

naa, you can run it on gas if you can site your company close to one of those gas pipelines
you cut out the vagaries of price fluctuations , adulterated diesel etal.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by AYBLUES(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Americans have a lower IQ

Also they are more obese and therefore less productive.

Finally, Americans spend to much on Wars rather than developing their economy, country and warped minds.

Where u dey? Well I se from ur statement: "less productive my **s." u really need orientation as to what America is okay. Bye bye
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:50am On May 27, 2012
oyb: Definitely, I agree. If I wanted to go to into business in Nigeria, I would locate my business near a gas pipeline. E.g., the Ota industrial zone.

But my point is, solar is so expensive, it isn't even competitive with diesel gen. That is how terrible a proposal it is.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: Why can't solar energy be used to purify water as a business?
I pity the likes of oyb and ekt bear for thaeir shallow mindedness.
Especially that fuckwit oyb that calls himself an engineer, yet is as daft a a stone.

You can't do business in Nigeria? I'm giving you ideas for free here. What a pair of dunces.

beaf, please do tell, are you in nigeria now, and have you any business venture to your name other than that piffling attempt at a website?

you are clearly not a business owner, you spend far too much time on nl, and besides, you're nt particularly intelligent

see the ridiculous arguments you put forth as support for solar energy embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:52am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: Why can't solar energy be used to purify water as a business?

The water you've purified will cost more money than the water someone else purifies using diesel.

Hence, your profit margins will be smaller. And in fact, given the huge disparity in cost between solar and diesel, your profits will be negative.

Not too many people enjoy making negative profit... grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:53am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: oyb: Definitely, I agree. If I wanted to go to into business in Nigeria, I would locate my business near a gas pipeline. E.g., the Ota industrial zone.

But my point is, solar is so expensive, it isn't even competitive with diesel gen. That is how terrible a proposal it is.

no its just fine, your factory will run on two led lights and a phone charger cheesy cheesy cheesy

welcome to ekts phone call center

that will push nigeria into the future cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 8:53am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: oyb: It simply isn't economical. Maybe some very, very remote area where even transporting fuel there is difficult.

But solar isn't even cost-effective here in the US. And we have massive subsidies. Yet Solyndra went bankrupt about a year ago.

How does anyone expect it to work in Nigeria? undecided

It is tiresome talking to people who have no engineering, science, or evidently even economics background.

No wonder Nigeria is in the poor state it is...numerically illiterate folks like Beaf jumping and shouting for solar grin

You are stup!d for saying the bolded. I will floor you even in the field you studied, cos I am damn gifted and you are not.
Who cares what the cost of solar energy generation is in the US? Is Nigeria in the US? And do we need to follow their standards?

You are just daft.

All we are doing here is prove that there are a thousand and one ideas to make money in Nigeria, yet you clowns are arguing about how to remain dependent wretches.

I have asked enough times, why can't solar energy be used to purify water? Why are you clowns afraid to answer that?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

The water you've purified will cost more money than the water someone else purifies using diesel.

Hence, your profit margins will be smaller. And in fact, given the huge disparity in cost between solar and diesel, your profits will be negative.

it will be subsidised by the gej administration na. . .

there you will see govt magic of budget inflation
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:54am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

no its just fine, your factory will run on two led lights and a phone charger cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:55am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

it will be subsidised by the gej administration na. . .

there you will see govt magic of budget inflation

roflmao grin grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:55am On May 27, 2012
queensmith: America has more money, more people and are more technologically advanced.

I guess you meant to say that America has more 'borrowed money'.

If China and the Arab oil nations pull the plug , America will sink overnight.

The foreclosure crisis almost wrecked the debt ridden economy talk less of a major scale fall.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 8:55am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

That is stupid. You are saying that out of ignorance.
It will cost you little more than the water and the bottles. Fools like you would not know how though, cos you'll go googling for PDF's that have no bearing on the matter.

It boils down to the same lack of creativity that makes people die of want in the midst of plenty, travel abroad and get mad from suffering.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by AYBLUES(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2012
Germannig: England is an over-glorified crap of a country
They have been there for more than 1000 years
America is barely 250 years old
I'd stay in my village in Nigeria than live in England

SECONDED
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 8:57am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

You are stup!d for saying the bolded. I will floor you even in the field you studied, cos I am damn gifted and you are not.
Who cares what the cost of solar energy generation is in the US? Is Nigeria in the US? And do we need to follow their standards?

You are just daft.

All we are doing here is prove that there are a thousand and one ideas to make money in Nigeria, yet you clowns are arguing about how to remain dependent wretches.

I have asked enough times, why can't solar energy be used to purify water? Why are you clowns afraid to answer that?

you do have gifts, at telling lies and spreading mischievous propaganda - however i recommend that you leave the real intellectual pursuits to your betters

you have no business blathering about 101 ways to make money in nigeria, since it is clear that you make money by ghost writing articles on facebook.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 8:59am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

lmaooo. The fields I am involved in are too difficult for your small brain. They require strength in mathematics, for example. Please stick to cheap propoganda on NL. That doesn't require being "gifted"; you are better suited to this.

Question.

The cost of solar energy generation in the US. Is it a standard set by the government of the USA? Or by the laws of physics? grin grin grin By the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day, and typically roughly ~16 hours a day of usable sunlight?

Perhaps we can pass a law in Nigeria that makes every day 75 hours, and for the sun to shine for 60 hours per day.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:01am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

welcome to beaf solar powered phonebooth - two lights and a phone

this is slide one of beaf's 1001 ideas seminar on financial freedom
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:01am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

you do have gifts, at telling lies and spreading mischievous propaganda - however i recommend that you leave the real intellectual pursuits to your betters

you have no business blathering about 101 ways to make money in nigeria, since it is clear that you make money by ghost writing articles on facebook.

My gifts are a much higher IQ than yours, bro. I thank God.
Lets come back to your stup!dity and why you are giving excuses like a fool not make money from the abundant opportunities around you.
You are an example of what I described as the Nigerian problem; low self-esteem and mental laziness.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:01am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

That is stupid. You are saying that out of ignorance.
It will cost you little more than the water and the bottles. Fools like you would not know how though, cos you'll go googling for PDF's that have no bearing on the matter.

It boils down to the same lack of creativity that makes people die of want in the midst of plenty, travel abroad and get mad from suffering.

What percentage of the cost of purifying the water and producing the final product is electricity? Pick a number. We'll then work from there and I'll give you an estimate of how much more it will cost to use solar, versus using some other energy source.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Afam4eva(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2012
frosbel:

The US is on the verge of economic and moral collapse !!

And yet Nigerians are tripping over themselves to come here grin

For your info, England is the financial capital of the world and one of the greatest places to shop worldwide.

Wow that's an achievement surely, without them you will be chatting in yoruba on this forum , making it almost impossible to understand the Igbos for example or Efik.

Has this got to do with a bad experience with the UK border control agency grin
Abeg who made england the financial capital of the world. Even in europe, Frankfurt germany is the financial capital of Europe.

Btw, BanditC is Igbo.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:04am On May 27, 2012
queensmith:
has less poverty (relatively) lower unemployment rates and a better standard of living.

I don't think that the UK has lower unemployment rates. Does it have lower poverty? Also, how are you defining "standard of living?"

The typical standard of living of your average American is higher than that of your typical Brit. Higher income + lower taxes.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:05am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

lmaooo. The fields I am involved in are too difficult for your small brain. They require strength in mathematics, for example. Please stick to cheap propoganda on NL. That doesn't require being "gifted"; you are better suited to this.

I'm sure your strength in mathematics requires counting the toes on one foot.
Unfortunately, you do not display any greater analytic ability than an earthworm, that is why we ae examining your mental laziness and stup!dty here.

ekt_bear:

Question.

The cost of solar energy generation in the US. Is it a standard set by the government of the USA? Or by the laws of physics? grin grin grin By the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day, and typically roughly ~16 hours a day of usable sunlight?

Perhaps we can pass a law in Nigeria that makes every day 75 hours, and for the sun to shine for 60 hours per day.

What a fool! Is the US Nigeria? Lol!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

Question.

maybe beaf has a big plan for manufacturing solar panels locally -
the materials are available - ouch we'll have to import them -
manufacturing costs are low - what am i saying-
they can easily be delivered - on which roads ?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Abeg who made england the financial capital of the world. Even in europe, Frankfurt germany is the financial capital of Europe.

Btw, BanditC is Igbo.

Britain overtakes US as top financial centre

The United Kingdom has overtaken the United States to take the top spot in a ranking of the world’s leading financial centres.

The ranking, compiled by the World Economic Forum (WEF), places the UK at the top of a leader board of 55 of the world’s largest financially-focussed countries.
The US, which had previously held the top spot, slipped to third, behind second-placed Australia.

Source : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/6272639/Britain-overtakes-US-as-top-financial-centre.html
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by omar22(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2012
1) NHS! No one in the UK goes bankrupt because of mounting medical bills.

You would be bankrupt the moment you finish University in England
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 27, 2012
frosbel:

The US is on the verge of economic and moral collapse !!

And yet Nigerians are tripping over themselves to come here grin

For your info, England is the financial capital of the world and one of the greatest places to shop worldwide.

Wow that's an achievement surely, without them you will be chatting in yoruba on this forum , making it almost impossible to understand the Igbos for example or Efik.

Has this got to do with a bad experience with the UK border control agency grin

Are you normal at all?

First, I am Igbo so know how to address me.

Secondly, I doubt you have even lived in the UK long enough and even if you had, I think lack of exposure may be your issue here.
Living in the UK is no trophy for sure, it still remains one of the only european countries, second to France, that I am always reluctant to go to whenever I am called up to and I have lived extensively in Aylesbury, Bucks. So your little snide remark is ridiculous.

Truth is, the UK and England in particular, still remains the 5hithole of western europe and that belief is held not just by me but by many Europeans I know.

The English language is the last resort of the UK.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:07am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

What percentage of the cost of purifying the water and producing the final product is electricity?
Pick a number. We'll then work from there and I'll give you an estimate of how much more it will cost to use solar, versus using some other energy source.

[size=36pt]Zero, fool!!![/size]

Now that you have been slightly more enlightened, ask the next question.
What a pack of dunces!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

I'm sure your strength in mathematics requires counting the toes on one foot.
Unfortunately, you do not display any greater analytic ability than an earthworm, that is why we ae examining your mental laziness and stup!dty here.

What a fool! Is the US Nigeria? Lol!

dude we are not talking about touching toes so gej can enter you from behind or predicting the number of thrusts before he discharges (where your mathematical ability ends)

please stick to topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention / Iowa Building Collapse (Pictures, Video) / Slovakia's PM Robert Fico Shot Multiple Times, In Life Threatening Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.