Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote (14260 Views)

Poll: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History?

Yes: 73% (266 votes)
No: 26% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by maasoap(m): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
Well, I can't use plane crash to judge his administration but monumental fraud and corrupt practices under his leadership is unprecedented in our history, most especially fuel subsidy payment that increased by almost 900% in 2011 and pension fund scam. The man is a fraud!

1 Like

Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by corabile: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
@bittyend with all due respect you must be a big fool and unable to logicalculate things. If you say GEJ's govt is thhe worst then what do you say about OBJ's govt? you must be a mentally inbalacd fellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
This is my first post on Nairaland I have been viewing as a guest for too long. I believe that I have a Godgiven mission to bring many of Nairaland's godless users to full obedience to the will of Christ fufilling the mandate of making disciples of all nations, even a cybernation. Surely the knowledge of the Glory of God shall cover Nairaland as the waters cover the sea. God bless you all!
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by fmgold: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
Please for a moment let's put aside ethnicity. Some questions posted on this thread are unbelievable. Obama as far as I know is responsible for the security,welfare,employment and the whollistic performance of the economy of the USA and only positive indices can help him. Likewise GEJ. Nigerians blame Jonathan when bad things happen,GEJ either says its not my people from the SS or its the opposition, Boko Haram, Cabal, house of rep or something.

He still doesn't understand what it means to be a leader,I can't remember OBJ blaming anybody without doing something about the situation because it shows weakness as a leader. What favourable action or policy has he proposed since becoming president. Removal of fuel subsidy? He claimed there is a cabal yet he did nothing, the house of rep helped him investigate the cabal yet he's done nothing.Rather they say the cabal sponsored the opposition and SNG protest,yet thesame opposition is asking for the prosecution of the cabal and the government has done nothing rather they tell us that the 461million budget is finished and will have to borrow.

The Unilag Issue is no different from the steps taken concerning the subsidy matter. Few weeks of consultation and the problems would have been avoided. Now its Jonathan vs (Students,VC,ASSU,National Assambly,Unilag Alumni and other groups),the school is closed for 2weeks, notably he is an academician himself. That aside i remember a thread on nairaland were some said the Government should not even think about renaming UNN after Ojukwu unfortunately some of those people are in support of Unilag change of name.

Other matters: launching of power saving bulbs that are already in the market. We buy the bulbs so small generators can at least light up the house and do a few other things because of lack of electricity supply yet they increase the tariff on darkness.

Launching of Naval Gun boat,I can authoritatively tell you there are so many companies in nigeria that make boats all you need is your design and mount your guns cos that's the kind of boat they built and nothing extraordinary. Unnecessary compared to loss of transactions caused by the hold ups.

Boko Haram what's being done,the NSA got tired of the presidents inaction and publicly said his mind,yet the president came out to dis claim, shouldn't the NSA have been sacked if he was wrong. Sanusi without recourse to the president donated 100million to his state BH victims are we sure its not meant for boko haram,I ask were are the victims?cos thesame man is challenging 13% derivation.

I can go on and on but I am tired especially of the inaction.I want NL and nigerians at large to remember that most of us across the south,middle belt and some parts of the north voted for Jonathan so it is not out of order to critisize him,its not hatred based on ethnicity,we voted for fresh air but we are choking.If its about ethnicity what has Hillary clinton's negative assesment got to do with it or is transparency international the nigerian opposition group?

I know one year is considerably short to point to the good things he has done,but he has done too many wrongs within this period. He has to start sacrificing the hawks around him to perform cos for those who think he is doing well I will like to ask;in which areas?.

Finally Nigerians; we are stuck together,my question is were do you want the minorities to go,they are the glue of these country, cos any sort of crises will divide this country into at least 20units and territorial battle will linger forever.

Its high time we remove the veil of ethnicity from our eyes and hold our leaders accountable, afterall what has the Yoruba presidency done for the zone, or the Hausa to the North the most impoverished area or currently GEJ to the SS except for the pockets of cabals,what will the Igbo presidency do for the east when the governor's and leaders have not shown they care about the welfare of the zone. "Things are bad indeed when we will rather be killed by a so called brother than helped by a stranger"

My message is "fight nepotism(political weapon of division) and we've won the battle against corruption. Godhelp Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Profidada: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2012
On the contrary he is one of the best. Lets keep sentiments apart and compare his government with others based on sector by sector and duration. This is the only regime we did not experience any major politically motivated killing during elections, we have continued to enjoy constant supply of petroleum products despite its problem, he signed the foi act which no government in the history of this nation could do, he increased the national minimum wage including that of nysc to over two hundred percent, no administration has done that. It is under his regime we are seen a total overhaul of the nigerian police, atleast we no longer see them openly demanding for twenty naira on our roads. His regime is credited to honour the late mko even when his kinsman could not. There has been an increase of revenue to various states thanks to the sustainance of the amnesty programme. His goverment also approved the construction of six more universities in the country so as to reduce the load of other universities in the country. Haba nigerians why the anger on this man as if he has spent 42 years in power ? I will like any body on nl to furnish me the achievements of any past administration either military or civilian within a span of oneyear and six months.

1 Like

Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by jaybee(f): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
Nnenna1: Yes, this is the worst regime.

To be fair, Goodluck isn't any more inept than his predecessors. I guess you can say that he had the ill luck (ha!) of taking seat when years and years of mismanagement, rot, corruption, violence and outright savagery have accumulated and reached a breaking point. His inadequacies (which is on par with those before him) are very stark compared to craziness that Nigeria has become.

I think that he may decline a second term, only for some other greedy sucker to come in, loot and wear the title of president with the worst regime.

Because it IS going to get worse.

Not quite true!

Nigeria can be fixed; if not with ease, then with great effort.

All it will take is a president who is conscious of his/her powers; contented, not given to corruption, not greedy for power, money, fame, praise, opportunity, long live; non tribal, have the will to do the right thing by distinguishing between useful and useless advice from a retinue of paid advisers, assistants, ministers, friends, etc. an empathetic president will surely succeed.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by otokx(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
Not the worst
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by dasparrow: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
Imohgenius: This is my first post on Nairaland I have been viewing as a guest for too long. I believe that I have a Godgiven mission to bring many of Nairaland's godless users to full obedience to the will of Christ fufilling the mandate of making disciples of all nations, even a cybernation. Surely the knowledge of the Glory of God shall cover Nairaland as the waters cover the sea. God bless you all!

You have duplicated this same post of yours on every thread you have posted on. Have you nothing to contribute to the topic of the thread?

@Post

Abacha's regime was very bad but GEJ's regime may end up being the worse because of the constant bomb blasts and the large sums of money being looted by politicians. Also, this regime is borrowing too much money from foreign countries like china and france and financial institutions like the world bank and IMF. I remember OBJ paid off the nation's debt during his regime. I don't know if Nigeria will survive GEJ's regime with the way things are going. The amount of blood shed in GEJ's administration is quite scary after just 1 year in office.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
Yakubu Gowon's regime was the worst.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by OneNaira6: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
This is like the dumbest question brought onto mankind. You skipped Abacha, IBB, Obasanjo, etc reign and jumped to GEJ?

mscheww 1diot of the century na so u be OP?
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by otokx(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2012
The best time to analyze a match is when the game is over; you guys should just be patient till the year 2020 when this particular home and away series officially ends.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by arewaboy(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
this is the worthless and illogical regime that 9jiria ever had. THE WORSEST INDEED.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by LADEMINUS: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
Profidada: On the contrary he is one of the best. Lets keep sentiments apart and compare his government with others based on sector by sector and duration. This is the only regime we did not experience any major politically motivated killing during elections, we have continued to enjoy constant supply of petroleum products despite its problem, he signed the foi act which no government in the history of this nation could do, he increased the national minimum wage including that of nysc to over two hundred percent, no administration has done that. It is under his regime we are seen a total overhaul of the nigerian police, atleast we no longer see them openly demanding for twenty naira on our roads. His regime is credited to honour the late mko even when his kinsman could not. There has been an increase of revenue to various states thanks to the sustainance of the amnesty programme. His goverment also approved the construction of six more universities in the country so as to reduce the load of other universities in the country. Haba nigerians why the anger on this man as if he has spent 42 years in power ? I will like any body on nl to furnish me the achievements of any past administration either military or civilian within a span of oneyear and six months.

No major political killings Are you in this country? Who was boko harams first victim? Wasn't it a deputy gov?
Constant supply of pms? At what price? After removing subsidies and creating scam palliatives? Then we find out that he has been paying his guys our blood earned money??
Ploice don't collect money? Are u in thos country? The only reason police don't collect money is dat d new IG ordered dem off the roads!!
Six universities? As in universities or schools? Cos am in ekiti and d sham of a school is yet to kick off after he claimed the school has started and put one unexisting school in his villa!how does a secondary school with a capacity of 5000 students reduce d load on d university system?
Look abeg just go rest if u have nothing to say
Under GEJ naija has been plundered like never before, human lives have been wasted up to genocidal levels, this blood sucking people hating govt is definitely d worst!!
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by GudDoc(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Its easy for people to point accusing fingers at the Yorubas cos we wont just stand to watch when things are going out of hand. i mean no disrespect but the Ibo man is happy as long as he's making enough money and the northerner, as long as he or his king's man has power. It's only the Yorubas (largely) that fight for good governance, for democracy and even at the heights of dictatorship, people like dele giwa, mko, am dem tinubu's nadeko were ready to challenge the military guns. The reason we luv good governance is for another day but briefly, we know what good governance is when we see one (i.e. awolowo's western region)

During the military era, the igbos didnt open their mouth to say anything and the northerner were comfortable with it. It was the Yoruba blood that was spilled, we fought and fought for this democracy.

Now on the matter at hand, when Turai was bossing uncle joe around, the southwest spoke up like he was one of us, not even his so called ss brothers said anything constructive, we pushed and made it impossible for the north to rule by proxy.

Then came the election, in a never-before-seen fashion we voted GEJ (PDP) for president and our ACN for other elections all across the southwest. How much more love dose GEJ wants.

So my point is this, if people that fought tirelessly for GEJ to become acting president, then president and voted for him at the general elections (even though we hate PDP) suddenly turns against him in just about 365days then he should check his policies, decision, leadership style, innovation and creativity because the truth is, it has nothing to do with us.

like i said and am repeating now, we know good governance when we see one, thanks to baba awolowo!

4 Likes

Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Akilokazeem(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
President Gej's regime is not the worst.because doring abacha's regime every one was leaving wit fear because any body can be killed at any time since the order has been given by him(abacha)but for president Gej's regime,the order is not from him instead he cries out for help.what a wonderful government......keep on with the good work sir
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Jun 05, 2012
^^ So the people arent living in fear of their lives right now? When ppl cant even go to church safely without being killed?
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by vic620(m): 1:22am On Jun 05, 2012
A govt that has barely served out its first budget is been likened as failure...haba brothers make we take it easy.if its you that is entrusted will you do better. check your facts which govt.has been better than this. sentiment apart,lets appreciate what we have b4 we lose it.This is food for thought. check yourself,how good are you leading your immediate environment.Goodluck regime is better than what we have been through if not most of us wouldn't have been here with all this criticism, check out the last regime and the Oath of secrecy
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by penjoy: 2:09am On Jun 05, 2012
of course its the worst and i knw the idiot will b reading this..he shuid b evicted cos his regime is just a woes to human
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 05, 2012
bittyend:

How many people did Boko Haram bomb during OBJ's regime?

And who is the cause of BokoHaram? GEJ? e be like say u dey smoke weed. If you want to criticize the president, don't raise baseless arguments please!! What will a more competent leader do in Boko Haram's case?? Please tell me!
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On Jun 05, 2012
The National Security Adviser told us PDP = Boko Haram

Bamanga Tukur the National PDP leader came to act as a spokesman for Boko Haram

A PDP senator was indicted over the Boko Haram issue

Kabiru Sokoto was staying in a PDP governors lodge

Namadi Sambo the VP was indicted

The president Retardeen Jonathan told us he knew those behind Boko Haram but isnt doing anything about it

Rather he told us not to panic that terrorism is a global phenomenon

So based on this FACTS tell us who is behind Boko Haram if not Retardeen Jonathan
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 05, 2012
ohh boy see illiteracy dont just talk do somethin nah idiots[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by hitmanogo: 5:23am On Jun 05, 2012
There's no generation that didnt applaud the past and lament the present.... GEJ govt is not the worst... During OBJ's tenure people claimed abacha's govt was better.... It is the usual vicious cycle of lamenting the present.... I see all these as media war by ACN and CPC sympathizers to rubbish Jonathan ahead of 2015 or else this topic is no brainer.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by bashydemy(m): 6:24am On Jun 05, 2012
Kajiang02:

Grow up pls. So many things had happened in d country even before you were born.

Btw, must every negative happenings be rooted to the presidency? The same way some dudes called the president names during the Lagos-Ibadan fire incident.
Nigeria is OURs pls.
You most be high on weed.. Am only contributing to the topic and like i said dated back to 1990 like i said this has been worst regime ok
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by Demdem(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2012
GudDoc: Its easy for people to point accusing fingers at the Yorubas cos we wont just stand to watch when things are going out of hand. i mean no disrespect but the Ibo man is happy as long as he's making enough money and the northerner, as long as he or his king's man has power. It's only the Yorubas (largely) that fight for good governance, for democracy and even at the heights of dictatorship, people like dele giwa, mko, am dem tinubu's nadeko were ready to challenge the military guns. The reason we luv good governance is for another day but briefly, we know what good governance is when we see one (i.e. awolowo's western region)

During the military era, the igbos didnt open their mouth to say anything and the northerner were comfortable with it. It was the Yoruba blood that was spilled, we fought and fought for this democracy.

Now on the matter at hand, when Turai was bossing uncle joe around, the southwest spoke up like he was one of us, not even his so called ss brothers said anything constructive, we pushed and made it impossible for the north to rule by proxy.

Then came the election, in a never-before-seen fashion we voted GEJ (PDP) for president and our ACN for other elections all across the southwest. How much more love dose GEJ wants.

So my point is this, if people that fought tirelessly for GEJ to become acting president, then president and voted for him at the general elections (even though we hate PDP) suddenly turns against him in just about 365days then he should check his policies, decision, leadership style, innovation and creativity because the truth is, it has nothing to do with us.

like i said and am repeating now, we know good governance when we see one, thanks to baba awolowo!

U spoke well.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by majojolo: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
While, for me I don't know. But if you must know: why don't you go to the market, filling station, hospitals, work through the roads (Security check points), ask your landlord, check your PHCN bill, scan the big hotels in Abuja and other cities, listing to the news everyday and possibly read some newspapers,.... can you have access to some foreign accounts belonging to Nigerians? peep or visit our State houses in the Country etc. I think all the answers are there intact.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by porka: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
bittyend: I don't really know much about Nigerian history. But this regime has to be the worst since I became conversant with the name, Nigeria.

Please, let our historians give us facts

Do you write history when events are still taking place?
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2012
porka:

Do you write history when events are still taking place?

Thought history was a documentation of events
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by KnowAll(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Is GEJ's Regime the worst in Nigeria's History.

[size=18pt]the question is the understatment of the year[/size] lipsrsealed
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by doublecross(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
bittyend:

How many people did Boko Haram bomb during OBJ's regime?
you are a prime bokoharam suspect as you are among the people fighting GEJ. God will disgrace you. bad belles
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by nduchucks: 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
The results of this 'survey' should be discarded. This is the worst time to conduct such a survey; at a time like this even the Pope and the most spiritual Mulah or Monk will be rated very poorly.

Give GEJ a break.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by philip0906(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: The results of this 'survey' should be discarded. This is the worst time to conduct such a survey; at a time like this even the Pope and the most spiritual Mulah or Monk will be rated very poorly.

Give GEJ a break.
ur statement portrays u as a confused being.
Re: Is Gej's Regime The Worst In Nigeria's History? - Please Vote by nateevs(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: The results of this 'survey' should be discarded. This is the worst time to conduct such a survey; at a time like this even the Pope and the most spiritual Mulah or Monk will be rated very poorly.

Give GEJ a break.

At a time like this is when you know who's worked their backsides off and who has not.
If there is intent to wipe out corruption from the top, everyone single person will feel it.

Where there isn't a will to do so, corruption persists.
These things we see everyday are results of institutionalised corruption.
Where you can walk into a Police Station, get a few men and drive them down to arrest your neighbour because you are rich.

Give GEJ a break? Seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Installation Of 10,000 Security Cameras In Lagos Stalled / Elections Reorder Undermines INEC’s Independence – Jega / Timi Frank Distance Self From N40bn Claim, Challenges FIRS To Sue Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.