Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,275 members, 7,891,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516200 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
earthgreeners: LIST OF FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG
6) kanayogod: UG
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG
9) jman77: UG
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18*) *newacca: PG

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 21/12/2012 12:12pm

@ earthgreeners...kaycee don send the letter he promised to send?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
Don Cipher:
@Siga, still awaiting med call with Jan 7 Start date; i paid one year tuition b4 submitting. I'm thinking of sending UNB an email after the christmas break; should i just inform them about embassy delays & nothing more until i hear from CDHC?
...the best thing to do is info the school of the delay and defer ur admission before CDHC advise u to....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
eldred the don: @Siga....please how exactly does this offcampus work permit work.......are there some type of jobs you cannot do with the offcampus permit?.....please all the guru's in the house should shed some light on this.....abeg lets remove our minds from the sad and wicked attitude of cdhc.....anybody can answer.
...there is no job u cant do....once u get it, u can pretty much apply to any job....no limitations....but some employers might not want to employ u as ur work permit is temporary and that means once u go back to classes, ur work hours will go down to 20hrs a week and if the permit is not renewed, the job is vacant....so, to answer ur question....no job limitations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ...the best thing to do is info the school of the delay and defer ur admission before CDHC advise u to....

siga do u advice i defer?my application is exactly one month today after medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ...there is no job u cant do....once u get it, u can pretty much apply to any job....no limitations....but some employers might not want to employ u as ur work permit is temporary and that means once u go back to classes, ur work hours will go down to 20hrs a week and if the permit is not renewed, the job is vacant....so, to answer ur question....no job limitations

wow...dats kinda sad sha...coz right now im wondering......are there even any good jobs that are 20hours a week?......or do employers allow shifts?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi:

siga do u advice i defer?my application is exactly one month today after medicals
....if u have done ur medicals....dont...u should be ok...believe me...u can still join the class even after 2weeks...just that u will be abit behind and have alot of catching up....also, the most unfortunate thing is if the classes are filled up before u register...u might be subject to pick evening classes versus morning classes....so, dont defer...wait for CDHC to get back to u....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
eldred the don:

wow...dats kinda sad sha...coz right now im wondering......are there even any good jobs that are 20hours a week?......or do employers allow shifts?
...bros, u might be working at the grocery store, factory, Mcdonalds and sort ...but if u are highly skilled...u never know, u might get a fair paying job to maintain urself.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ....if u have done ur medicals....dont...u should be ok...believe me...u can still join the class even after 2weeks...just that u will be abit behind and have alot of catching up....also, the most unfortunate thing is if the classes are filled up before u register...u might be subject to pick evening classes versus morning classes....so, dont defer...wait for CDHC to get back to u....

i already registered for classes sef..but do you think CDHC won't resume till january?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi:

i already registered for classes sef..but do you think CDHC won't resume till january?
....like my people for this forum have stated....they advised na only Dec 25 and 26 dem go close....I am not sure, but make we go by wetin my guys say....so...u never know....abi una wan make I call CDHC ni? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Siga, if it is possible, pls do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi:

Have faith bro...CDHC people are human..they won't want you to loose your tuition....Did they instruct you to pay tuition when you got your med invite?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ....like my people for this forum have stated....they advised na only Dec 25 and 26 dem go close....I am not sure, but make we go by wetin my guys say....so...u never know....abi una wan make I call CDHC ni? grin

hahaha make them come office quick abeg..i email VAC they say na only 25&26 dem(VAC) go absent frm office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli:

@ earthgreeners...kaycee don send the letter he promised to send?
the guy never send am for side o.@kayce,how far naa? Abeg o! Jman77@hmamail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
jman77: the guy never send am for side o.@kayce,how far naa? Abeg o! Jman77@hmamail.com

Make we give am tym sha....e fit dey celebrate his TRV....lolz smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli:

Make we give am tym sha....e fit dey celebrate his TRV....lolz smiley
...but he already gave guys the pointers now....I think everyone can draw their own letters from those points....abi wetin una think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ...but he already gave guys the pointers now....I think everyone can draw their own letters from those points....abi wetin una think?

Yeah he don give us the pointers...guys jes won double sure noni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
Siga: ...but he already gave guys the pointers now....I think everyone can draw their own letters from those points....abi wetin una think?
is it the essay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi:
is it the essay?

yeah, Do you wish to share yours n docx submitted with the house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
@dommakavelli, I would send u samples I got from old forumites.....u can use it with online samples...It wl really guide u in writing urs...

I've written mine since July so make anybody no use us pa......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2012

@ Mr Siga, Do you know nything about university of northern British Colombia UNBC? I want to about there stand in canny n how competitive they are.
A friend of mine applied to d skool last year, but dey no give am admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
earthgreeners: @dommakavelli, I would send u samples I got from old forumites.....u can use it with online samples...It wl really guide u in writing urs...

I've written mine since July so make anybody do use us pa......

ok tanx bro, me sef don write mine, i jes won compare n re-edit ni cos na everyday I dey read am...lolz grin.....send to dadasawdick@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli:

@ Mr Siga, Do you know nything about university of northern British Colombia? I want to about there stand in canny n how competitive they are.
A friend of mine applied to d skool last year, but dey no give am admission.

www.google.com
what was you friend's CGPA, which course?, course based or research based?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli: ok tanx bro, me sef don write mine, i jes won compare n re-edit ni cos na everyday I dey read am...lolz grin.....send to dadasawdick@yahoo.com

2mrw

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli:

yeah, Do you wish to share yours n docx submitted with the house?
i will try in the morning...but its not that complicated...first introduce yourself..everything about your self,then your family,second paragraph you can talk about the course you want to study and things you've encountered achieving ur drean,wat u plan to do after study...in the first paragraph u can talk about ur education too..i did something like this...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
earthgreeners:

www.google.com
what was you friend's CGPA, which course?, course based or research based?

I don google n make enquiries from d admission officer...I jes won know more ni cos I neva see pple talk about the school here...Maybe their admission no sure, cos i no want waste money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli: Yeah he don give us the pointers...guys jes won double sure noni

e be like make u tell person make he forward him project, make he come dey tell u say Project consist of Abstract, Into, Lit. Rev, method, result, discussion, conclusion, and reference

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi:
i will try in the morning...but its not that complicated...first introduce yourself..everything about your self,then your family,second paragraph you can talk about the course you want to study and things you've encountered achieving ur drean,wat u plan to do after study...in the first paragraph u can talk about ur education too..i did something like this...

tanx bro...you can send to dadasawdick@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idomaboi: i will try in the morning...but its not that complicated...first introduce yourself..everything about your self,then your family,second paragraph you can talk about the course you want to study and things you've encountered achieving ur drean,wat u plan to do after study...in the first paragraph u can talk about ur education too..i did something like this...

sorry we already know all dis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
earthgreeners:

e be like make u tell person make he forward him project, make he come dey tell u say Project consist of Abstract, Into, Lit. Rev, method, result, discussion, conclusion, and reference

exactly!!...yoruba go say, if u won give person goat, hand over the goat with the rope...don't give goat n hold the rope in your hand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli: I don google n make enquiries from d admission officer...I jes won know more ni cos I neva see pple talk about the school here...Maybe their admission no sure, cos i no want waste money.

their admission might be competitive, but with good grades and fulfillment and oda criterias, u have nothing to worry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
he Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.
CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:
Countries and territories whose citizens will soon need to provide biometric information to enter Canada as visitors
List of Countries/Territories

The Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.
CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:

September 2, 2013:

Colombia
Haiti
Jamaica
October 15, 2013:

Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisia
December 7, 2013:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen
Palestinian Authority

Nigeria is now an Arabic nation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
dommakavelli: I don google n make enquiries from d admission officer...I jes won know more ni cos I neva see pple talk about the school here...Maybe their admission no sure, cos i no want waste money.

their admission might be competitive, but with good grades and fulfillment of oda criteria, u have nothing to worry

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.