Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,941 members, 7,946,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (991781 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Guys please how do I backup my stock jellybean before I install a custom rom.. I saw something like cynagon backup can't really remember now. Please help I want to install custom 4.2.2 on galaxy s2 at & t. Thanks in advance.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii:

Finally got a battery that works fine.. Thanks man.

Ol boy, which is which?

i read this post a few minutes ago you were asking for address of where u will repair.

according to u, u said u bought 2 different batteries and it was the same issue.

now u edit and post something different.

Since i don dey use smartphone many years ago, that red x symbol is sign that the battery is dead and wont charge..... na una say na power button.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii: Guys please how do I backup my stock jellybean before I install a custom rom.. I saw something like cynagon backup can't really remember now. Please help I want to install custom 4.2.2 on galaxy s2 at & t. Thanks in advance.

the bolded is indication that you should be very very careful......

u need a custom kernel with CWM recovery to backup any rom
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Ol boy, which is which?

i read this post a few minutes ago you were asking for address of where u will repair.

according to u, u said u bought 2 different batteries and it was the same issue.

LOL Ii went to repair it the guy tried 2 batteries that acted like the first then he brough one ogbenge one wey cost wella that one works fine. U sharp gan.

Since i don dey use smartphone many years ago, that red x symbol is sign that the battery is dead and wont charge..... na una say na power button.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

the bolded is indication that you should be very very careful......

u need a custom kernel with CWM recovery to backup any rom
Thanks please the thing I used to hear is clockworldmod recovery can I get it on stock rom or only custom rom? Thanks a lot.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Ol boy, which is which?

LOL Ii went to repair it the guy tried 2 batteries that acted like the first then he brough one ogbenge one wey cost wella that one works fine. U sharp gan.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Another one, is there a way I can download apps from playstore to my pc?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
peterjero: I rooted my samsung galaxy y pro duos and was happy then rummaged thru google for the benefits - which I didn't get like deleting bloatwares, porting apps to SD card nothing. Ooº°°º k I then found a custom rom and flashed it on my phone. The experience isn't nice at all because d only reason I rooted my device was to increase my device space which up till now, I lost more. The only advantage I got was to behave like a geek to my non-geeky friends. I have no game on my fone just whatsapp and opera mini(no space for other apps. Please don't root ur fones

you surprise me, with my galaxy y pro duos i have over 110 apps, even excluding widgets and icon packs and plugins i'm pretty sure i have over 80. Presently i'm not using a custom rom but i used one before and i still have abt 40mb of internal memory free (for you guys with high-end/midrange phones that's pretty small but when u use a gingerbread running low-end phone you'll understand what i'm saying). With my rooted phone i was able to make my favourite launcher a system app, and i also uninstalled that annoying opera mini browser that comes by default with the phone. Might i ask, what custom rom are you using?

By the way, i hope you did a backup of your default rom (using cwm) before installing the custom one - that way you can always return to exacly how your phone was before the custom rom
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii:
Thanks please the thing I used to hear is clockworldmod recovery can I get it on stock rom or only custom rom? Thanks a lot.

KERNEL. Not ROM.

ClockworkMod is usually compiled into the kernel.

u can install separately, but those will not survive formats, and are riskier.

There are Stock kernels recompiled with CWM ibuilt.
Which means the same kernel that the manufacturer made for the Device but with CWM added by a developer

there are also custom kernels. which are totally modified kernel with different properties made by a Developer.

Most times, if u want to run touchwiz, u will need a stock kernel.... IT can be flashed separately from a ROM...

if u want to run a CyanogenMod Rom or AOKP etc, u will need a custom kernel......

So go to the appropriate board on XDA and get a STOCK Based Kernel with CWM and flash that, then back up your ROM.
whenever u want to restore that rom, u must flash that kernel, then restore the rom from it

Dikachiii: Another one, is there a way I can download apps from playstore to my pc?

No. U install them on your phone. Then if rooted, you can copy then out directly yourself from the system folder
or use applications like Root Uninstaller to backup the .apk files onto your sdcard

YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED to do this.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii: is there a way I can download apps from playstore to my pc?

4llerbuntu:

No. U install them on your phone. Then if rooted, you can copy then out directly yourself from the system folder
or use applications like Root Uninstaller to backup the .apk files onto your sdcard

actually there's a program called real apk leecher (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1563894) that you can use to download apks to your pc
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Guys please can I flash a recovery like ClockworkMod on stock jellybean?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii: Guys please can I flash a recovery like ClockworkMod on stock jellybean?

what u need to do is look for a MODIFIED STOCK KERNEL WITH CWM and flash that.

u will need Odin to flash it for a samsung phone

go to post 5 here for kernels for jellybean
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301682

the thread and board has answers to all ur questions

@weaver last time i checked that google had changed stuff so it didnt work...... is it now functional again?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by harlos: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls how can i root my htc wildfire and what are the consequences of rooting one phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by shosky1794: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmm! Never knew you were this patient and nice. No offence

4llerbuntu:

KERNEL. Not ROM.

ClockworkMod is usually compiled into the kernel.

u can install separately, but those will not survive formats, and are riskier.

There are Stock kernels recompiled with CWM ibuilt.
Which means the same kernel that the manufacturer made for the Device but with CWM added by a developer

there are also custom kernels. which are totally modified kernel with different properties made by a Developer.

Most times, if u want to run touchwiz, u will need a stock kernel.... IT can be flashed separately from a ROM...

if u want to run a CyanogenMod Rom or AOKP etc, u will need a custom kernel......

So go to the appropriate board on XDA and get a STOCK Based Kernel with CWM and flash that, then back up your ROM.
whenever u want to restore that rom, u must flash that kernel, then restore the rom from it

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin grin grin

The Ashipa is very benevolent
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
harlos: Pls how can i root my htc wildfire and what are the consequences of rooting one phone
Oldest trick in the book?
Keep it on your freezer for 24hrs, that should root it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by semid4lyfe(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
KazeKage1:
Oldest trick in the book?
Keep it on your freezer for 24hrs, that should root it.

V3, how wicked of you shocked grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
shosky1794: Hmm! Never knew you were this patient and nice. No offence

I'm telling you. would have gotten angry with the guy and told him to go and learn the difference between custom and stock rom.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by harlos: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
semid4lyfe:

him no like me at all sad
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
The following question has been flagged as inappropriate at this point in this thread and deserving of sarcasm.

"What are the benefits of rooting" and all it's derivatives.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by VicGoodGuy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
ciphoenix: The following question has been flagged as inappropriate at this point in this thread and deserving of sarcasm.

I respectfully beg to disagree with u sir. To me, there's no such thing as a stupid question, there are rather stupid answers.
if u consider a question too cheap for you to answer, skip it and scroll on. Another guy might might be magnanimous enough to answer it. And besides, those u think know it already, might not know it as u think and might be praying silently that someone answers it. (as someone I know would say) Chairs!!,
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by VicGoodGuy(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
ciphoenix: The following question has been flagged as inappropriate at this point in this thread and deserving of sarcasm.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

@weaver last time i checked that google had changed stuff so it didnt work...... is it now functional again?

just tried it, was able to download from the store, hope u're using v1.3.5
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Guys please I'm on GB 2.3.6 Oi want to go to stock JB 4.1.2 don't want to go through kies cos its slow. I've downloaded stock 4.1.2 for my variant and odin and samsung usb driver.
Please I want to know if I should go ahead and install it or must be on ICS before JB?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dikachiii: Guys please I'm on GB 2.3.6 Oi want to go to stock JB 4.1.2 don't want to go through kies cos its slow. I've downloaded stock 4.1.2 for my variant and odin and samsung usb driver.
Please I want to know if I should go ahead and install it or must be on ICS before JB?

no.

if u want to use odin u can go ahead. wish u goodluck.

i see pple r yabbing me.... grin

i know i do appear testy at times but i can assure u most times its deliberate. im a opensource advocate... i learnt the ethos of opensource and there we dont have foolish questions.. only foolish pple. grin

this forum, board never used to be like this. back then it was mad fun. we learnt n shared a lot. there was healthy competition. u taught someone stuff today tomorrow he is teaching u stuff....

this place went downhill with the advent of fbt sellers and then marketers. most folks dont realize lots of the folks u relate with here are traders of some sort or techies who r trying to find answers for jobs they have....

then clearly the average age of member has reduced drastically. arguably half of NL now are secondary school / waec level guys. then undergrads...... and they have no knowledge of online etiquette.

like d 21 yr old year 1 fellow who calls pple kids......smh.

im not abrasive like that. i have lots of friends here and we relate well..... met lota of folks one on one sef.

surely there has to be a reason why the newbies always have issues with pple here.............
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
sollie001:

so how did you get to know?
trouble shooting...just picked out d recent apps dat I installed b4 d wahala began
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu:

no.

if u want to use odin u can go ahead. wish u goodluck.

i see pple r yabbing me.... grin

i know i do appear testy at times but i can assure u most times its deliberate. im a opensource advocate... i learnt the ethos of opensource and there we dont have foolish questions.. only foolish pple. grin

this forum, board never used to be like this. back then it was mad fun. we learnt n shared a lot. there was healthy competition. u taught someone stuff today tomorrow he is teaching u stuff....

this place went downhill with the advent of fbt sellers and then marketers. most folks dont realize lots of the folks u relate with here are traders of some sort or techies who r trying to find answers for jobs they have....

then clearly the average age of member has reduced drastically. arguably half of NL now are secondary school / waec level guys. then undergrads...... and they have no knowledge of online etiquette.

like d 21 yr old year 1 fellow who calls pple kids......smh.

im not abrasive like that. i have lots of friends here and we relate well..... met lota of folks one on one sef.

surely there has to be a reason why the newbies always have issues with pple here.............
i was wondering if is d reason dat veterans lyk oga honsule and elder semidy4US have now choose to B August visitors...dey use to B dere 4 us bak in d symbian days 24/7
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by majalisa(m): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
semid4lyfe:

welcome back from Pluto..thot d aliens had whacked u
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jorhney(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
please where can I download windows 7 launcher?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
jorhney: please where can I download windows 7 launcher?

gee I don't know. maybe the play store?

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.