Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,469 members, 7,978,535 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:58 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (997638 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lifehacker: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is sooooo annoying, emptyhen managers are just drinking my cash hia.......pls i hv droidvpn bt right frm tym it has refused to work because of tunisia.ko..........i need help badly abeg cos wfi no dey everywhere for ado, includin my area......i use espresso
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 12:13am On Aug 21, 2013
VicGoodGuy:

I respectfully beg to disagree with u sir. To me, there's no such thing as a stupid question, there are rather stupid answers.
if u consider a question too cheap for you to answer, skip it and scroll on. Another guy might might be magnanimous enough to answer it. And besides, those u think know it already, might not know it as u think and might be praying silently that someone answers it. (as someone I know would say) Chairs!!,

No I do not think it is a cheap question though basic.

It has been addressed countless times on this thread.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls guys, hw much do u think xperia c comin out in september be?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls guys, hw much do u think xperia c comin out in september wuld be?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2013
tomii: Pls guys, hw much do u think xperia c comin out in september be?

you see we cannot categorically tell you now, because we dont want to say one thing, then our oga at the top will say another thing especially as this information is only available from our oga at the top..
DAZ ALL

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by harlos: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2013
ciphoenix:

No I do not think it is a cheap question though basic.

It has been addressed countless times on this thread.
i missed the part where anybody said something about it...i'm just joining the thread...sad

forgive me for my ignorance, help ur brother.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Kulest08(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls sum1 gave me samsung galaxy duos S7652..bt read from forums dt d fne's wack..wat better fne can i xchange it with lil cash??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2013
Now that ubuntu edge has died I'm stuck on android. This is the only android thread I follow actively. I'm getting bored; I need new interesting tweaks, hacks or new procedures for android. I'm tired of questions on rooting, inferiority complex of tecno and games. I now check the android section of hack a day everyday. For now I'm still working on tasker but I need someone to drop something new.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PrinceLat(m): 9:34am On Aug 21, 2013
Aroma File Manager
Anyone heard of Aroma File Manager?, wait for it, I’m so excited about this app. grin grin
Let me speak for myself, many times I like to tinker with my android phone, trying out one app or the other, be it sideloading an apk, flashing a script, or changing some file system attributes, sometimes the phone just hangs and I have to do a battery pull, then power on again, most of the times I end up with a bootloop embarassed embarassed which prompts me

to do CWM backup

wipe data / factory reset

do a data restore from the backup and I am up and running again

This solves the problem for me 99% of the time, but its time consuming, now this is where Aroma File manager comes in, some days back I sideloaded an apk, and the phone stopped responding , 5 mins gone still not responding , all I had to do

is pull the battery
copy Aroma file manager to my SD Card(it’s a zipped app) via the PC
boot into Recovery, go to mounts and storage
mount all the mountables, go back to install zip from SD card
navigate to Aroma FM, and flash the zip, instantly the file manager comes up

I already knew the name of the app I tried to install, so I navigated to my system/app folder and deleted the apk, exited the file manager and rebooted my phone and VOILA!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy it came up.

BENEFITS OF AROMA

It allows you to browse your file system when in recovery mode, with priviledges to
1. Set permission for apps
2. Delete/cut/copy n paste app in system folder
3. Unlock your android phone if you forgot the password or pattern lock without loosing data, even with usb
debugging off,or doing a factory reset (if you’re interested I can tell you how “but strictly for educational
purposes oh)
4. Take Screenshot with Power and volume Down button
5. If you encounter a bootloop and you know what app/file change/permission settings caused it you can undo it via Aroma
6. It has Terminal Emulator to run commands

N.B
Don’t forget all these is done in recovery mode……
(it doesn’t matter if you’re rooted or not, have custom recovery or stock,) NOTE: IT WILL ONLY WORK ON DEVICE WITH ARM NEON SUPPORT)
These are just a few of what I have done with it, you can do many more, based on your needs.
It might not be one of the greatest app, but I believe someone might be in need, here’s the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

@Leo I Hope you find this interesting/new
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dikachiii: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2013
About to upgrade to 4.1.2 on my S2. I've downloaded stock rom, odin and sam usb. Please do I need to be rooted on 2.3.6 before I flash with odin?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Dikachiii: About to upgrade to 4.1.2 on my S2. I've downloaded stock rom, odin and sam usb. Please do I need to be rooted on 2.3.6 before I flash with odin?

I thought this was answered the page before?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Ol boy.. All this epistle because of Aroma?

aroma is NOT a new discovery bros. hain wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dikachiii: About to upgrade to 4.1.2 on my S2. I've downloaded stock rom, odin and sam usb. Please do I need to be rooted on 2.3.6 before I flash with odin?

grin grin grin grin

no.

Remember to read Psalm 23 12 times too before oo wink wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PrinceLat(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Aroma New app "NO"

Interesting "YES"

Someone might need it "YES"

Highlighting some of its features in "All this Epistle" your words ..........sorry....oops my bad

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engineerboat(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please! Please!! Please!!!,

I've followed all the process discussed so far on this forum and other forum, still I My phone (Mytouch 4G 2.3.4 Glacier refused to be rooted, downgraded, e.t.c) please any help and assistance provided will be highly appreciated.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
Prince Lat: Aroma File Manager
Anyone heard of Aroma File Manager?, wait for it, I’m so excited about this app. grin grin
Let me speak for myself, many times I like to tinker with my android phone, trying out one app or the other, be it sideloading an apk, flashing a script, or changing some file system attributes, sometimes the phone just hangs and I have to do a battery pull, then power on again, most of the times I end up with a bootloop embarassed embarassed which prompts me

to do CWM backup

wipe data / factory reset

do a data restore from the backup and I am up and running again

This solves the problem for me 99% of the time, but its time consuming, now this is where Aroma File manager comes in, some days back I sideloaded an apk, and the phone stopped responding , 5 mins gone still not responding , all I had to do

is pull the battery
copy Aroma file manager to my SD Card(it’s a zipped app) via the PC
boot into Recovery, go to mounts and storage
mount all the mountables, go back to install zip from SD card
navigate to Aroma FM, and flash the zip, instantly the file manager comes up

I already knew the name of the app I tried to install, so I navigated to my system/app folder and deleted the apk, exited the file manager and rebooted my phone and VOILA!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy it came up.

BENEFITS OF AROMA

It allows you to browse your file system when in recovery mode, with priviledges to
1. Set permission for apps
2. Delete/cut/copy n paste app in system folder
3. Unlock your android phone if you forgot the password or pattern lock without loosing data, even with usb
debugging off,or doing a factory reset (if you’re interested I can tell you how “but strictly for educational
purposes oh)
4. Take Screenshot with Power and volume Down button
5. If you encounter a bootloop and you know what app/file change/permission settings caused it you can undo it via Aroma
6. It has Terminal Emulator to run commands

N.B
Don’t forget all these is done in recovery mode……
(it doesn’t matter if you’re rooted or not, have custom recovery or stock,) NOTE: IT WILL ONLY WORK ON DEVICE WITH ARM NEON SUPPORT)
These are just a few of what I have done with it, you can do many more, based on your needs.
It might not be one of the greatest app, but I believe someone might be in need, here’s the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

@Leo I Hope you find this interesting/new

Finally, something interesting. I use nandroid manager to do the same but from within the rom not from recovery menu

I'm very interested in multi window manager. Officially its only for specific Samsung devices. I have downloaded multiple roms and searched system folders but can't find anything about it. Have downloaded every single multi window and multi task app on play store but can't find anything close. Even searched kernels but no show. Basically want to emulate that function on other tablets
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viroblaze: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Leopantro:

Finally, something interesting. I use nandroid manager to do the same but from within the rom not from recovery menu

I'm very interested in multi window manager. Officially its only for specific Samsung devices. I have downloaded multiple roms and searched system folders but can't find anything about it. Have downloaded every single multi window and multi task app on play store but can't find anything close. Even searched kernels but no show. Basically want to emulate that function on other tablets

Given appbar a shot...?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
Leopantro:

Xposed Framework and its modules

whether the multiwindow module will work outside a Samsung.... i dunno. haven't tried.

Funny thing is sammy still gets the insults for not being "innovative"

BTW, if u run a T or other "exotic" phone, pls do not try this framework. u will brick ur device.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
I think someone should pity people and make a banner that reads, DO NOT BUY A HTC MYTOUCH phone and hand it all over lagos.

its not even funny anymore.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Praise5: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pls guys is this N500 MTN BIS for real?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sollie001: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
ndubisik:
Please explain ur problem clearly

My Samsung galaxy pocket is unable to sync contacts. always shows "sync not currently available, would be back shortly"
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
sollie001:

My Samsung galaxy pocket is unable to sync contacts. always shows "sync not currently available, would be back shortly"
Where did u send it to?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
sollie001:

hmnn. are there contacts in your phonebook?

whereever it is u are seeing that message, tap on the "thing" itself and untick sync for browser and picasa.

pretty sure the contacts sync works fine if u have data
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by VicGoodGuy(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pls house, my Wi-Fi though it connects, dsnt browse. I dunno wht could be the matter. Any help or suggestions pls? it's a galaxy s2 btw. And I dnt know how to do all these troubleshootings abeg. I'm a new android convert. ;DPls house, my Wi-Fi though it connects, dsnt browse. I dunno wht could be the matter. Any help or suggestions pls? it's a galaxy s2 btw. And I dnt know how to do all these troubleshootings abeg. I'm a new android convert.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
I actually got the multi window tweak running on my S2 thanks to Omega ROM that I am running. Will upload the screen shot later. cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
VicGoodGuy: Pls house, my Wi-Fi though it connects, dsnt browse. I dunno wht could be the matter. Any help or suggestions pls? it's a galaxy s2 btw. And I dnt know how to do all these troubleshootings abeg. I'm a new android convert. ;DPls house, my Wi-Fi though it connects, dsnt browse. I dunno wht could be the matter. Any help or suggestions pls? it's a galaxy s2 btw. And I dnt know how to do all these troubleshootings abeg. I'm a new android convert.

What are you connecting to what? PC to phone or Phone to WIFI?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
viruz007: I actually got the multi window tweak running on my S2 thanks to Omega ROM that I am running. Will upload the screen shot later. cool

Got the feature in neat ROM on S2 however I want to port the feature to an android Tablet.

Guess all android are equal but some are more equal than others

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (601) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.