Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,895 members, 7,906,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss (25122 Views)

Buhari sacks NNPC subsidiary heads / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters / Breaking: Jonathan sacks NNPC Boss, appoints replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2012
Mallamabdul: who told you they were sacked for stealing money? Abi you just sit down in your parlor and conjure up reasons for the sack? Pls be more factual. Don't engage in pedeststrian gist. There could be many reasons for the sack other than what you think. Competence is a key issue in this administration. If you re not capable, you will be kicked out. GEJ is placing a high premium on his reforms so he is ever ready to make changes where necessary. Secondly, your innuendo on the first lady is an outdated line which failed to avail its initial originators, so pls invent a more serious allegation.

what part of the north central are you from ? Kogi ko ? Which ethnicity because I observe that you formed your login 5 days ago and also madly pro-GEJ suggesting you are one of the ret.ards on this site.

right or wrong
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Exponental(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2012
Who woke GEJ up?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 12:14am On Jun 27, 2012
Exponental: Who woke GEJ up?

he is still sleeping because the main actor Madueke is still in his government.

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 12:14am On Jun 27, 2012
Exponental: Who woke GEJ up?

Would like to know the same. Just going to cautiously watch to see the different facets of this.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 12:19am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem:

what part of the north central are you from ? Kogi ko ? Which ethnicity because I observe that you formed your login 5 days ago and also madly pro-GEJ suggesting you are one of the ret.ards on this site.

right or wrong

Question for you. Is being "madly pro-Jonathan" now the benchmark for irrationality and if it is what do we call the 'madly anti-Jonathan'? And in all of this, where is objectivity? As far as I am concerned both are different sides of the same coin.

Or is shooting down every single thing now the new fad and hallmark of a "progressive"?

[size=5pt]The kind of trite one has to read on nairaland sometimes. . . .[/size]
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2012
Sky Blue:

Question for you. Is being "madly pro-Jonathan" now the bench mark for irrationality and if it is what do we call the 'madly anti-Jonathan'? And in all of this, where is objectivity? As far as I am concerned both are different sides of the same coin.

Or is shooting down every single thing now the new fad and hallmark of a "progressive"? The kind of trite one has to read on nairaland sometimes. . . .

Another question for you, anyone obsessed with any Nigerian politician with no track past record or present should be considered ration ? C'mon where is your objectivity here.

I am yet to see a madly anti-GEJ person apart from Gbawe, 1025. Of which I am yet to see them form another ID to defend their position unlike Pro-GEJ ppl.

It makes no sense, in fact is so stu.pid I wish Nigeria can break up and so of us can call our government to order without the fear of being called names.

That is the way some of us think
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 12:30am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem:

Another question for you, anyone obsessed with any Nigerian politician with no track past record or present should be considered ration ? C'mon where is your objectivity here.

I am yet to see a madly anti-GEJ person apart from Gbawe, 1025. Of which I am yet to see them form another ID to defend their position unlike Pro-GEJ ppl.

It makes no sense, in fact is so stu.pid I wish Nigeria can break up and so of us can call our government to order without the fear of being called names.

That is the way some of us think

With regards to the part in bold, and you know this how? In fact, never mind, ignore that. Try to stay on topic here. You made a statement which I challenged you on. Don't ramble of course. Very clear and straightforward questions. Just a challenge to a double standard.

Sky Blue:

Question for you. Is being "madly pro-Jonathan" now the benchmark for irrationality and if it is what do we call the 'madly anti-Jonathan'? And in all of this, where is objectivity? As far as I am concerned both are different sides of the same coin.

Or is shooting down every single thing now the new fad and hallmark of a "progressive"?

[size=5pt]The kind of trite one has to read on nairaland sometimes. . . .[/size]

Think about it. But I am not going to go into an unnecessary back and forth with you.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by tunapawizzy: 12:35am On Jun 27, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]FG sacks NNPC GMD, others, names new boss[/size]
The Federal Government on Tuesday night fired the entire executive management team of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation led by the Group Managing Director, Mr. Austen Oniwon.This was contained in a tweet by presidential spokesman, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Government named Mr. Andrew Yakubu as the new GMD.

http://www.dailyngnews.com/2012/06/fg-sacks-nnpc-gmd-others-names-new-boss.html
ODE GMD n 3 out 8 GEDs na d entire team? Oponu S/A
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 12:38am On Jun 27, 2012
Sky Blue:

Try to stay on topic here. You made a statement which I challenged you on. Don't ramble of course. Very clear and straightforward questions.

Think about it. But I am not going to go into an unnecessary back and forth with you.
I am sorry but you did not ask a direct question and there is no direct answer to your question. Same side of the same coin is the wrong why of phrasing things. Those that are anti-GEJ on this site are in 3 categories of which the majority of us just want a better Nigeria and GEJ is NOT pushing us towards that direction. Thus you cannot categorise them as the same.

Shooting everything down is another wrong way of wording things because everything is WRONG WITH NIGERIA at the first place from the way we vote to the way our politicians think and implement policies. Thus if that is shooting everything down, then so be it and those that do it are rightfully justified but still a wrong why of wording things.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 27, 2012
Joey82: hw abt madam madueke, when will it be her own turn?
leaving the mountains and breakin the ant hills
GEJ can never sack his in law now
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 27, 2012
Joey82: hw abt madam madueke, when will it be her own turn?
leaving the mountains and breakin the ant hills
GEJ can never sack his in-law now
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 12:52am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem:
I am sorry but you did not ask a direct question and there is no direct answer to your question. Same side of the same coin is the wrong why of phrasing things. Those that are anti-GEJ on this site are in 3 categories of which the majority of us just want a better Nigeria and GEJ is NOT pushing us towards that direction. Thus you cannot categorise them as the same.

Shooting everything down is another wrong way of wording things because everything is WRONG WITH NIGERIA at the first place from the way we vote to the way our politicians think and implement policies. Thus if that is shooting everything down, then so be it and those that do it are rightfully justified but still a wrong why of wording things.

Your response is more revealing than you think. First of all if you "want a better Nigeria" it is not about being 'anti Jonathan' or 'pro Jonathan' but being pro good governance. And the fact that you feel the need to categorise into such arrangements says it all. You are making certain assumptions. The first obvious one being that people who are 'pro Jonathan' as you put it, cannot possibly also be pro good governance; but of course people who are 'anti Jonanthan' though not necessarily 'pro good governance', have the potential to be such (how very generous of you). Your attempt at objectivity is laughable.

By the way, sorry to disappoint you but I do not fit into one of the categories you took the liberty of fashioning for us all (how generous of you). I want good governance. The good thing about that is I am able to justify or at least attempt an explanation of my positions whatever they may be for varying issues (which fair enough not everybody is going to agree with). And that is the difference. And you are right, you couldn't answer what were three simple questions because you did not like the answers you came up with and what it might have said about you.

Irrationality is irrationality, whether pro or anti Jonathan. None of them do us any good and are different sides of the same coin (always quite amusing how one particular side always tries to claim the moral superiority over the other). Because in all of it we lose objectivity and constructive inputs which can potentially send government a message or feedback from its citizenry on what direction we want. Now tell me, what direction does pro or anti Jonathan irrationality send us? Is it a direction you are happy with this country moving in?

4 Likes

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 27, 2012
Finally, good riddance of that clinical chemist with unbridled penchant to be called an "engineer". The appointment of Engr. Yakabu is a welcome development to the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by onomeasike: 1:15am On Jun 27, 2012
Reno`s mandate

reno Omokri aka Be Evil And Famous,the presidential special adviser on social media alongside the media handlers have been given a task to deflect discussions away from the monumental fraud that characterised the oil subsidy mismanagenent and the illegal appropriation of over #2 trillion by his principal on oiling the opaque oil subsidy regime while surreptiouly oiling a mudslinging campaign against those that may be percieved as opposition to GEJ`s 2015 presidential campaign even in the face of monumental ineptitude of his principal!
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 1:18am On Jun 27, 2012
Sky Blue:

You response is more revealing than you think. First of all if you "want a better Nigeria" it is not about being 'anti Jonathan' or 'pro Jonathan' but being pro good governance. And the fact that you feel the need to categorise into such arrangements says it all. You are making certain assumptions. The first obvious one being that people who are 'pro Jonathan' as you put it, cannot possibly also be pro good governance; but of course people who are 'anti Jonanthan' though not necessarily 'pro good governance', have the potential to be such (how very generous of you). Your attempt at objectivity is laughable.

By the way, sorry to disappoint you but I do not fit into one of the categories you took the liberty of fashioning for us all (how generous of you). I want good governance. The good thing about that is I am able to justify or at least attempt an explanation of my positions whatever they may be for varying issues (which fair enough not everybody is going to agree with). And that is the difference. And you are right, you couldn't answer what were three simple questions because you did not like the answers you came up with and what it might have said about you.

Irrationality is irrationality, whether pro or anti Jonathan. None of them do us any good and are different sides of the same coin (always quite amusing how one particular side always tries to claim the moral superiority over the other). Because in all of it we lose objectivity and constructive inputs which can potentially send government a message or feedback from its citizenry on what direction we want. Now tell me, what direction does pro or anti Jonathan irrationality send us? Is it a direction you are happy with this country moving in?

Bros you funny oh. Too much grammar, I no go school oh so take am easy. grin grin

1. As I explained earlier, there are categorises of anti-GEJ people. The category of discussion here is those that want a better Nigeria.

2. You talk of them being same coins of different sides and I AM TELLING YOU NO !!! A pro-GEJ would always justify irrational decisions even though he clearly knows it is extremely illogical to do. For example, I remember BEaf who happen to be a die-hard GEJ fan justifying the reason why Nigeria does not have a refinery. Explain why we should wait for the private sector to do so while Nigerian/Nigeria lose billions of dollars, export millions of jobs etc based on this fact. It is indeed a known fact that we are a laughing stock of the world but pro-GEJ ppl would justify that.

3. Have you seen anyone here being pro-GEJ or Anti-PDP not justifying their position before ? and even so, have you asked them why ? The issue that arise this decision was my reply to Mallamabdul (a namesake) and I have been following his post but this particular one got my attention when he was talking about (bolded)

Mallamabdul: who told you they were sacked for stealing money? Abi you just sit down in your parlor and conjure up reasons for the sack? Pls be more factual. Don't engage in pedeststrian gist. There could be many reasons for the sack other than what you think. Competence is a key issue in this administration. If you re not capable, you will be kicked out. GEJ is placing a high premium on his reforms so he is ever ready to make changes where necessary. Secondly, your innuendo on the first lady is an outdated line which failed to avail its initial originators, so pls invent a more serious allegation.

If he was a non-biased poster of which he is not, he should have been following the Allison Madueke story on the fuel subsidy and money etc and can connect the dots. That was the same way we know that Tinubu is a thief, that was the saem way we know that IBB was a thief, nothing excludes Allison from that.

BTW, thanks for the compliment smiley. *I think it is a compliment*
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by aljharem(m): 1:20am On Jun 27, 2012
BTW @ Sky blue I explain the anti-GEJ part previously.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by onomeasike: 1:23am On Jun 27, 2012
Reno omokri(aka beaf=Blackpikkin=pointB),the presidential assistant on New/Social media is still at it!!He was there with Reuben Abati when the decision to sacrifice those NNPC errand boys was taken.They are ingeniously negative,they spend time with antics instead of sitting down to do the job of real governance.As vigilant nairalanders,we must impress it on Reno Omokri(beaf) to use his closeness to GEJ for positive things.They should stop shading shadows.Those NNPC errands boys are nothing but errand boys,if you listen to the ignorance displayed by these guys when they faced the house of reps oil subsidy investigation committee,you will be amazed.Imagine,the so-called figurehead NNPC MD does not know that One million barrel of crude oil was supplied to Liberia when he signed for 100,000 barrels requested by Liberia and didnt even know Liberia rejected the excess 900,000 barrel!!

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by jmaine: 1:26am On Jun 27, 2012
onomeasike: Reno omokri(aka beaf=Blackpikkin=pointB),the presidential assistant on New/Social media is still at it!!He was there with Reuben Abati when the decision to sacrifice those NNPC errand boys was taken.They are ingeniously negative,they spend time with antics instead of sitting down to do the job of real governance.As vigilant nairalanders,we must impress it on Reno Omokri(beaf) to use his closeness to GEJ for positive things.They should stop shading shadows.Those NNPC errands boys are nothing but errand boys,if you listen to the ignorance displayed by these guys when they faced the house of reps oil subsidy investigation committee,you will be amazed.Imagine,the so-called figurehead NNPC MD does not know that One million barrel of crude oil was supplied to Liberia when he signed for 100,000 barrels requested by Liberia and didnt even know Liberia rejected the excess 900,000 barrel!!

Stop exhibiting irrevocable stvpidity . . . .

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem:

Bros you funny oh. Too much grammar, I no go school oh so take am easy. grin grin

1. As I explained earlier, there are categorises of anti-GEJ people. The category of discussion here is those that want a better Nigeria.

2. You talk of them being same coins of different sides and I AM TELLING YOU NO !!! A pro-GEJ would always justify irrational decisions even though he clearly knows it is extremely illogical to do. For example, I remember BEaf who happen to be a die-hard GEJ fan justifying the reason why Nigeria does not have a refinery. Explain why we should wait for the private sector to do so while Nigerian/Nigeria lose billions of dollars, export millions of jobs etc based on this fact. It is indeed a known fact that we are a laughing stock of the world but pro-GEJ ppl would justify that.

3. Have you seen anyone here being pro-GEJ or Anti-PDP not justifying their position before ? and even so, have you asked them why ? The issue that arise this decision was my reply to Mallamabdul (a namesake) and I have been following his post but this particular one got my attention when he was talking about (bolded)

If he was a non-biased poster of which he is not, he should have been following the Allison Madueke story on the fuel subsidy and money etc and can connect the dots. That was the same way we know that Tinubu is a thief, that was the saem way we know that IBB was a thief, nothing excludes Allison from that.

BTW, thanks for the compliment smiley. *I think it is a compliment*

You have completely missed the point and your response has addressed very little (to be rather generous). Calm down and read again. You never know, you just might get it. The bolded parts are a selected few parts in your post I find utterly laughable. Ssuch a generous soul - even telling us what to and what not to think to fall into these priced categories. To each his own I guess. Whatever you are comfortable telling yourself.

[size=5pt]There are categories of 'anti Jonathan' (but of course not 'pro Jonathan') - how very objective of you.[/size]
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 27, 2012
NNPC needs to be scrapped all together!
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by onomeasike: 2:06am On Jun 27, 2012
@ jmaine,you call it stupidity but I call it patriotism.Enough of all these idleness going on in this politics section.Imagine the amount of taxpayers being wasted to pay Reno Omokri(beaf) and this is the best he can do for his country?

These guys are twisting your head to keep discussions away from our priority.We dont care about these errandboys,we are more interested in gej showing exemplary leadership.He benefitted from the rot,instead of him to clean up the whole stable up to the petroleum minister,refurbish and privatise the refineries and show strong character of honest leadership,which should be our demand,Reno(beaf) et al want to railroad us into thinking they have done something by sacking this insignifant errand boys.How many of these errandboys or their privately-owneed companies were on the list of companies indicted by the oil subsidy probe?

.For Godsake,Reno(beaf) should take our demands to the president,we want him to serve nigerians with honest leadership,our country needs us at this trying moment,pls let us use our education to advance this nation.They should stop these nonsense,it is saddenning!

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Obiagu1(m): 2:14am On Jun 27, 2012
Chyz*:
So basically he got rid of a yoruba(southerner) and gave the position to a northerner.Then gave one of his ijaw brothers(since according to him there is no other group in the ND but his people) a position, Abiye Membere. Wow, big change,excuse the sarcasm. Tribalistic retard who is the north's new b!tch.

I'm wondering the same thing. Often times the big three do get positions but every SS position goes to the Ijaw. Where are the Urhobos, Itsekeris, Ogonis, Efiks, Ibibios, SS Igbos and Edos?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by tpia5: 3:01am On Jun 27, 2012
How many nnpc staff were on that dana flight?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by edicolove: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2012
Sky Blue:

You have completely missed the point and your response has addressed very little (to be rather generous). Calm down and read again. You never know, you just might get it. The bolded parts are a selected few parts in your post I find utterly laughable. Ssuch a generous soul - even telling us what to and what not to think to fall into these priced categories. To each his own I guess. Whatever you are comfortable telling yourself.

[size=5pt]There are categories of 'anti Jonathan' (but of course not 'pro Jonathan') - how very objective of you.[/size]

Bros, take am easy on this guy, alj harem, oh! You have completely crushed him to powder! This is a no contest. Please have mercy! Lol
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by fagamite: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2012
tpia@:
How many nnpc staff were on that dana flight?

The answer is here biatch:

www.google.com

Google is your friend, they dont bite.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by edicolove: 3:24am On Jun 27, 2012
onomeasike: @ jmaine,you call it stupidity but I call it patriotism.Enough of all these idleness going on in this politics section.Imagine the amount of taxpayers being wasted to pay Reno Omokri(beaf) and this is the best he can do for his country?

These guys are twisting your head to keep discussions away from our priority.We dont care about these errandboys,we are more interested in gej showing exemplary leadership.He benefitted from the rot,instead of him to clean up the whole stable up to the petroleum minister,refurbish and privatise the refineries and show strong character of honest leadership,which should be our demand,Reno(beaf) et al want to railroad us into thinking they have done something by sacking this insignifant errand boys.How many of these errandboys or their privately-owneed companies were on the list of companies indicted by the oil subsidy probe?

.For Godsake,Reno(beaf) should take our demands to the president,we want him to serve nigerians with honest leadership,our country needs us at this trying moment,pls let us use our education to advance this nation.They should stop these nonsense,it is saddenning!

Why are you making a f00l of yourself in public like this? Honestly bro, its not nice.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Chyz2: 3:38am On Jun 27, 2012
dustydee:
Public display of ignorance. He is a NORTHERNER from KOGI and is EBIRA and not Yoruba. Bigot

Look forget about all that Egbira nonsense. It is just politics for benefits. That man is a yoruba from kogi and not considered a northerner. The fear of boko haram is real,especially to jonathan.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by tpia5: 4:08am On Jun 27, 2012
what does nnpc do anyway.

i dont know anybody there.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by PhysicsQED(m): 4:10am On Jun 27, 2012
Chyz*:

Look forget about all that Egbira nonsense. It is just politics for benefits. That man is a yoruba from kogi and not considered a northerner. The fear of boko haram is real,especially to jonathan.

Chyz the man does really seem to be acknowledged as Ebira though, not Yoruba. Having a Yoruba middle name (Olusegun) in addition to an Ebira middle name (Adeiza) doesn't make him Yoruba rather than Ebira. At most it might mean he has some partial Yoruba ancestry somewhere down the line, if at all.

http://ebiraview..com/2010/07/as-oniwon-comes-on-board.html

He even instituted an Education Trust Fund specifically for Ebira youths.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3591.html

http://soalonfund.org/pages/about_foundation.html

"It was on one of such days precisely April 1, 1951, that Mrs Alice Ovayewun Shanu Oniwon who was, at Ihima in Kogi State, delivered of a bouncing baby boy that was to be named Augustine (Austen) Adeiza Oniwon, the 17th child of Adai Taru Solomon Ohiaba Oniwon."

"Augustine (Austen) Olusegun Adeiza Oniwon was born 1st April 1951, and attended Sacred Heart School Akure, Ondo State; St. Peters Anglican School, Ikuehi Ihima Okene Kogi State; St. Barnabas Secondary School, Kabba and Titcombe College Egbe both in Kogi State, for his primary, secondary and higher school education respectively."

It would seem he only has "Olusegun" because his parents (who don't have Yoruba names) decided to give him that name.

I do think that it was totally unnecessary to replace him with another Northerner (Yakubu from Kaduna) however. GEJ probably didn't have the guts to just pick anyone without sectional sentiments (although I don't automatically know that Yakubu is necessarily under-qualified or not one of the best available candidates). If a president appears/reappears in Nigeria that starts trying to heavily sideline, reduce or completely ignore federal character - and not just to show favor to his own group - then I think we'll know that that president is serious about changing Nigeria's political atmosphere for the better. But GEJ certainly doesn't seem to be that person.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by tpia5: 4:14am On Jun 27, 2012
andrew yakubu sounds like a middle belt name- they're usually the ones who combine both christian and islamic names i should think.

could also be kaduna however- not sure.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by PhysicsQED(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

I'm wondering the same thing. Often times the big three do get positions but every SS position goes to the Ijaw. Where are the Urhobos, Itsekeris, Ogonis, Efiks, Ibibios, SS Igbos and Edos?

I don't know about the other groups, but Edos have occupied high positions in the NNPC before already. I don't know if Ijaw have before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Kissing His Wife Publicly At An Event (Photos) / Thabo Mbeki Visits President Buhari [PICS] / Florence Ita-Giwa, Soni Abang, Tony Odey, Others Join PDP In Cross River

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.