Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,894 members, 7,906,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss (25120 Views)

Buhari sacks NNPC subsidiary heads / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters / Breaking: Jonathan sacks NNPC Boss, appoints replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by SkyBlue1: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU:

The point still remains that no one has been able to prove that madam deziani is linked to anything that will warrant her to be removed.
The fact that you head an organisation that is already corrupt does not mean that you must be included the corrupt.

But when corruption contrinues to thrive, it doesn't inspire confidence either that you are capable of dealing with the corruption issue in your leadership capacity of that organisation, does it?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Mhudi: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2012
antitpiah: GEJ removing the Yorubas and the Igbos, replacing them with Hausas and fishermen.

Very nice!
Shut up you ignorant slowpoke. Who told you Andrew Yakubu is Hausa; In 2012 and someone will immediately conclude that any person bearing a Hausa name is simply a Hausa man is nothing but the height of ignorance. Yakubu Aiyebgeni could as well be a Hausa man. For you information, Andrew Yakubu is a non-Hausa from Southern Kaduna
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by ubandire(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2012
alj harem:

he is still sleeping because the main actor Madueke is still in his government.

alj harem at it again for those of us who know ur antics ,we'll not fail to let others know cos u've vowed to expose ur ur self,u'll now dictate to president on handling his appointees,these are really desperate times.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by franksunny(m): 11:13am On Jun 27, 2012
[quote
author=Dis Guy]phresh air

Good move NOI

mr critics

dont think this dude is interested in nailing anybody to be honest, he'd
rather let you go and enjoy your loot and let peace reign

and what do you mean 'in case they decide to fight back' [/quote]
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by buJu234: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
as far the Head of the Gang ( Alison Maduekwe_diamond lady) is still there; all these actions are jst
waste of time & energy.

because the Head will always bring new gang members that will devise a clever ways to improved the NNPC corruption.

by the way I tot that during the Fuel subsidy strike; that she promised to that our Refineries will b in gud working conditions
with mths; if she is right; then the vol. of imported Petrol should have reduced at least by some fraction by now... abi i lie

She said we were importing abt 50-70Millions per day of petrol; only to find out that it was around 29-37Millions per day.
so if those refineries re wking atleast to some capacity; we should have reduced from 29-37Millions by now o...
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU:

The point still remains that no one has been able to prove that madam deziani is linked to anything that will warrant her to be removed.
The fact that you head an organisation that is already corrupt does not mean that you must be included the corrupt.

No-one says she is linked, what we are saying is she is the head of a cooporation that is involved in massive corruption never heard before in this country. NNPC has always been corrupt but on getting there, it grew worse. Isnt that enough?

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Jonascam is doing eye service. Sack madam Allison, minister of fraud and scam.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by maasoap(m): 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, I told you that you have nothing on Madueke except what boko haram whispers in your ear, and you have proven me right.
You yourself, what do you have on those that were sacked? You even heard Jonascam thanking them for job well done. Then what was their offence? Before Allison, subsidy fund was 245billion naira but under her, it suddenly jumped to 3trillion naira. What a coincidence with the additional numbers of fake importers in 2011. I believe that the sacking of these people excluding Allison was just to pave way for Bayelsans and other South Southerners.

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Chyz2: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Obijulius:

And Victor Briggs is? Ur mumu no get equal!

He is Ijaw too. That proves my point even more,dummy.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Chyz2: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
Obijulius:

And since the bulk of our revenue comes from oil, with Ijaw land contributing almost 80% what's ur challenge. Lemme ask u, do u think Shell MD should be a yoruba man, super-bigot/tribalist.

Ijaw land does not in anyway contribute 80% of the oil or even close to it. Itsekiri land even produces more than them lol,fool.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by abey40: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
Thank god u are waking up gradualy
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Novice1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
Beaf: @polokor60

I asked you for proof of Deziani's corruption and you rewarded my request with guesswork and and halftruths! Lol!
Don't you think its strange to insist that someone you accuse of embezzling would have been vigorously pointing at her source of loot and trying to convince the Nigerian public that it was a source of unimaginable corruption that must go? Lol! Come on on, bro! Even the most daft thief in the land would not point fingers at the place they constantly steal from. No?
Deziani was among the loudest about the need for the fraudulent subsidy to be buried once and for all.

Dude, the only reason there is a campaign against Deziani is because she was one of the loudest voices for the removal of the subsidy. Many dark forces see her as a huge threat to their chopping moves. As for the Nigerian street, they hate her for making fuel more expensive. That is the long and short, the woman has committed no crime; there is no evil worse than false accusation. Let it lay.

How much are you being paid for your conscience?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by thehomer: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Are they going to be charged with something?
Simply sacking them without some sort of punishment makes no sense because there is nothing stopping the next group of selected people from robbing the country blind.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Leemladoja(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
As Jonathan Fires Oniwon, Others... Yakubu Takes Over As New NNPC GMD

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday removed Engr. Austen Oniwon as the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and ordered the re-composition of the corporation’s executive management team.

The president has also appointed Engr. Andrew Yakubu as the new GMD of NNPC, even as he approved the appointment of Engr. Victor Briggs as the new managing director of the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC).

Also relieved of their positions as group executive directors and sent to proceed on retirement are Mr. Michael Arokodare (finance and accounts), Mr. Philip Chukwu (refineries and petrochemicals), and Engr. Billy Agha (engineering & technology).

They were immediately replaced with Mr. Bernard O.N. Otti, group executive director (finance and accounts); Engr. Abiye Membere, group executive director (exploration and production); Dr. Peter S. Nmadu, group executive director (corporate services); Engr. Anthony Ogbuigwe, group executive director (refineries and petrochemicals); Dr. Attahir B. Yusuf, group executive director (commercial and investments) and Dr. David Ige, group executive director (gas and power).
A statement by presidential spokesman Dr. Reuben Abati noted that the president took the action “to further strengthen the ongoing reforms and transformation of Nigeria’s petroleum sector, and in furtherance of efforts to achieve greater transparency and accountability in government.”

“President Jonathan commends the outgoing directors for their service to the nation and urges the new management team to be fully committed to rapidly implementing the critical interventions needed to positively transform Nigeria’s petroleum industry,” Abati noted.

The incoming GMD, Engr. Andrew Yakubu, graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1979 with a degree in Chemical Engineering. He joined the NNPC in 1980. Positions he has held in the corporation include managing director of the Warri Refining and Petrochemicals Company and group executive director (exploration and production). Engr. Yakubu is an indigene of Kaduna State and a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.

Subsidy probe: Again, Senate summons Okonjo-Iweala
Meanwhile, the Senate has again asked the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the economy, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to appear before it to answer to respond to some other issues that cropped up in the course of the probe management of fuel subsidy fund.
That latest invitation, which is the second in a month, includes an expanded list among who are former heads of federal government agencies.
Others summoned are the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Mr. Reginald Stanley, Managing Director of the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC) and at least three former PPPRA Executive Secretaries.
They are: Dr. Olusola Oluleye; Mr. Abiodun Ibikunle; and Engr. Goddy Egbuji.
Also invited are the Chief Executive Officers of Capital Oil and Gas Limited, Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah, Oando Nigeria Plc, Mr. Wale Tinubu and Folawiyo Energy. In the list of invitees are Depot and Petroleum Marketers Association (DAPPMA).
In a signed statement from the Senate Joint Committees on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Appropriation and Finance on Tuesday, all the invited stakeholders are expected to appear before the committee between Monday, July 2 and Tuesday, July 3.
Senate is presently on a week-long retreat in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
A member of the panel said next week’s interaction with government officials and private sector operators is expected to be the last public meeting after which the committee is to submit its report to the Senate.
The committee had earlier postponed a scheduled meeting of stakeholders in the oil sector due to the Dana air crash in Iju-Ishaga, Lagos on June 3.
The Senate probe emanated from a resolution in November last year based on a motion by Senator Bukola Saraki who raised the alarm on government’s extra-budgetary spending on fuel subsidy in 2011.

http://www.dailyngnews.com/2012/06/as-jonathan-fires-oniwon-others-yakubu.html
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by AK481(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Point of correction!,"Mr" oniwon is not an engineer and can never be one,he has a degree in chemistry,so I think people should stop giving this innocent man "unmerited award".

I don't bloody care if the new guy (an engr in chem engrn) is competent or not(of course,he should be),all I m happy is that professionals are now managing professional positions.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Obiagu1(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I don't know about the other groups, but Edos have occupied high positions in the NNPC before already. I don't know if Ijaw have before.

You're right but they were not appointed by an Edo President. My concern is that most SS people appointed by GEJ are Ijaws, why? Where are the others that make up SS?
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by CHIDIEJIOGU: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Demdem:

No-one says she is linked, what we are saying is she is the head of a cooporation that is involved in massive corruption never heard before in this country. NNPC has always been corrupt but on getting there, it grew worse. Isnt that enough?

NO.
YOU C UR QUESTION IS FEASIBLE IN COUNTRIES LIKE THE US,UK,CHINA,ETC WHO HAVE INFUSED THEIR TRADITIONAL WAY OF LIFE INTO POLITICS.IN NAIJA,THE ANS IS NO.AFTERALL BABA SEGE WAS INDICTED IN THE HALIBURTON SCANDAL WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE AND HE NEVER RESIGNED.IN THIS CASE JUST LIKE BABA SEGE,WHO HAS BROUGTH ANYTHING THAT LINKS HER DIRECTLY TO THE AFFECTED COMPANIES? SO THOSE INVOLVED HAS BEEN FISHED OUT AND REPLACED SIMPLE.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Demdem(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU:

NO.
YOU C UR QUESTION IS FEASIBLE IN COUNTRIES LIKE THE US,UK,CHINA,ETC WHO HAVE INFUSED THEIR TRADITIONAL WAY OF LIFE INTO POLITICS.IN NAIJA,THE ANS IS NO.AFTERALL BABA SEGE WAS INDICTED IN THE HALIBURTON SCANDAL WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE AND HE NEVER RESIGNED.IN THIS CASE JUST LIKE BABA SEGE,WHO HAS BROUGTH ANYTHING THAT LINKS HER DIRECTLY TO THE AFFECTED COMPANIES? SO THOSE INVOLVED HAS BEEN FISHED OUT AND REPLACED SIMPLE.

Complete thrash u spilled here. So u are basically saying that because we got it wrong before now then we have no choice but to continue on the same path. So when will the cycle end? I don't expect her to resign but to be sacked by the retardeen. Those involved has been fished out and replaced allowing them to enjoy their loot without any punishment, do u sound sane to ursef at all?
By the way, did u just say that obj was personally indicted in the haliburton scandal? U will need to check ur facts well because I feel u are wrong.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by Demdem(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2012
CHIDI EJIOGU:

NO.

Complete thrash u spilled here. So u are basically saying that because we got it wrong before now then we have no choice but to continue on the same path. So when will the cycle end? I don't expect her to resign but to be sacked by the retardeen. Those involved has been fished out and replaced allowing them to enjoy their loot without any punishment, do u sound sane to ursef at all?
By the way, did u just say that obj was personally indicted in the haliburton scandal? U will need to check ur facts well because I feel u are wrong.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by CHIDIEJIOGU: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2012
@DEMDEM
U MIS QUOTE ME.I HAVE NEVER SAID BECOS WE STARTED WRONGLY SO BE IT,NEVER.
WHAT I WANTED TO PUT ACROSS IS THAT THE POLITY AS IT IS TODAY HAVE NOTHIG IN OUR CONSTITUTION THAT SAYS IF U'RE NOT FOUND WANTING YOU SHOULD TAKE THE HONORABLE PART AND RESIGN NEITHER IS IT OUR CULTURE.U C,THERE IS THIS SAYING THAT 'EVERYONE HAS BIG TEETH BUT THE PERSON WHOSE OWN SHOWS IS THE ONE WE SHALL CALL THE PERSON WITH THE BIG TEETH'.
AND SO WE HAVE LEADERS WHO HAS THEIR HANDS IN ALL THE PIES OF ECONOMY BUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT CAUGTH AND U'RE LOYAL TO THE POWERS THAT BE NOTHING HAPPENS.
AND SO IF YOU EXPECT MADAM D TO BE SACKED,IT WON'T HAPPEN UNTILL YOU PROFER PROOF THAT SHE IS GUILTY.
Re: FG Sacks NNPC GMD, Others, Names New Boss by kolexy(m): 5:24am On Jul 12, 2012
Obijulius:

And since the bulk of our revenue comes from oil, with Ijaw land contributing almost 80% what's ur challenge. Lemme ask u, do u think Shell MD should be a yoruba man, super-bigot/tribalist.

The MD of Shell, Mr Mutiu Sumonu is from Edo state. Just like the one b4 him Basil Omiyi, and the powerful ex-DMD Herberth Imomoh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leaders Have Relocated To Southern Kaduna From Sambisa: SSS / How Wike Schemed His Way Into Tinubu’s Cabinet / "We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.