Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,089 members, 7,906,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1825619 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Omobarca: 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
CFCfan: Enugu is working!
Enugu Ni Baje
Why are you cursing enugu? tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Omo_barca:
Lol grin I was about to ask too.

Enugu aghaghi mebi smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
Omo_barca:
Afam4eva:

Don't worry, Enugu is on the train to the promised land.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
^ Why the Lagos "oni" stuffs? We say Enugu Akwulugo or Enugu bu ebe ano! Unu ana asukwa igbo?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2013
Afam4eva:

Enugu agaghi emebi!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nightshift: ^ Why the Lagos "oni" stuffs? We say Enugu Akwulugo or Enugu bu ebe ano! Unu ana asukwa igbo?

^^^They're saying it tongue-in-cheek.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Omobarca: 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
Afam4eva:

grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
joeluv: P & T quarters road link: zik ave bridge

^^^Now this is what i'm talking about! Township roads fit for purpose, and not those rubbish we see in other states (some states in the South East being guilty as well). Can peeps see what i mean when i talk of the precision engineering?......you stand back and look at the job and you notice everything is aligned well with no wobbly/jagged parts; others (and this includes our local contractors) should look and learn.

Can anyone tell me if the rubbish that was piling up on some street corners a few months ago have been cleared?

PS- they should leave the roads like this for petes sake, and not paint it with that white-black-white-black thing they normally do.......that gets dirty after a few months and isn't redone again.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Na wa ooo grin see vex

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
^ undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Rossikk(m): 12:31am On Jun 22, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1165923_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]

I'm happy to see this sidewalk culture slowly emerging in our road construction. Finally, leaders are coming to realise that roads are not meant for motorists alone, but also for pedestrians. And that open drains have no place in the new Nigeria we're trying to build. Well done!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2013
I am really impressed with Enugu and the ongoing projects. The governments seems to be closer to the people, as evidenced with the school buses and athletics uniforms.

I would love to visit Enugu, and can only imagine what the place will look like once completed.

It just looks like a place that would promote gooooood living. A healthy place to bring up a family also. It does not look like a stressful place at all (comparatively speaking).

Up Enugu!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
Enugu is Working!

Wish other Easthern states will copy this kind of road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2013

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
Enugu underground link road in progress

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Piyke: 8:39am On Jun 23, 2013
joeluv: Enugu underground link road in progress

Joeluv thanks a lot for your pics in this thread. This Underground links to where?

I de miss Enugu die, just managing Owerri :'
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Opi challenge overcomed

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
A few houses being built in Enugu.

Pics courtesy of Megadesignplus Enugu:
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Don't know what's happening as the pics are not showing in post! Maybe thread has reached its pic upload limit undecided......if there's such a thing!

Anyway, visit the site to see the pics there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Fhemmmy: 12:00am On Jul 03, 2013
Rossikk: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1165923_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687[/img]

I'm happy to see this sidewalk culture slowly emerging in our road construction. Finally, leaders are coming to realise that roads are not meant for motorists alone, but also for pedestrians. And that open drains have no place in the new Nigeria we're trying to build. Well done!

Nice sidewalk, but i would like to know the thickness of the asphalt . . .
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 03, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nice sidewalk, but i would like to know the thickness of the asphalt . . .

Chime's roads are usually between 9-15 inches thick.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Fhemmmy: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2013
CFCfan:

Ok, that is not too bad then grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Chai! I have spent only one week in Port Harcourt and already missing Enugu so much grin can anybody package a well prepared 'anu nchi' and 'abacha' and forward to me here? grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
Umu Wawa ebulukwa bia....... grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
CFCfan:

Enugu is lucky to be on a hill just like Owerri and that is why the roads last. Thickness of tar or stone base does not guarantee longevity it is mainly soil type, drainage and terrain. The way roads are constructed in Rivers State is the only way roads can last on a flat and muddy terrain. You first dig out at least 8ft of top soil and refill with sharp/white sand for a start.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:44am On Jul 06, 2013
Make i take God beg una wey dey post senseless words/comments in this thread to stop!(Including myself)
This is one thread i follow judiciously on NL and it is a picture thread of the developments in the coal city, save your comments for threads such as Abia, Anambra and Owerri which is better or which has less rainfall or sunshine?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 5:46am On Jul 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Enugu is lucky to be on a hill just like Owerri and that is why the roads last. Thickness of tar or stone base does not guarantee longevity it is mainly soil type, drainage and terrain. The way roads are constructed in Rivers State is the only way roads can last on a flat and muddy terrain. You first dig out at least 8ft of top soil and refill with sharp/white sand for a start.

Enugu is not on a hill. Thought I've corrected you sometime ago. Enugu is on the valley, surrounded by hills on all sides. That's why you cannot sight Enugu from afar.

BTW, all roads constructed by Chime are atleast 9-15 inches thick. I've seen many of them during their construction phase. Go to Zik avenue to check the thickness of the road construction now. Stop giving reasons to make you feel good.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.