Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,055 members, 7,906,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1825596 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123: I still think the prices are a rip off.
Flying from enugu to addis ababa. Will cost me 21873 ETB (£763.64) That's too expensive for a flight that takes less than 3 hours.
people dey trek go spain na common Ethiopia here.
ajebor undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2013
Flying from enugu to addis ababa. Will cost me 21873 ETB (£763.64) That's too expensive for a flight that takes less than 3 hours.

Adaobi seems like london is expensive but from Johannesburg to Enugu, i just did the calculations and saw is better to fly Ethiopia than any other airline. i will soon release my observations and calculations to see my point in these.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2013
Anti spambot should go to hell angry

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2013
ighoosagie: people dey trek go spain na common Ethiopia here.
ajebor undecided undecided undecided undecided

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2013
CFCfan:

I guess the price is that high because ET is anticipating a low passenger on the first few flights.

But if they want the route to be successful they should have affordable prices. No ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2013
henrychubayo:

Adaobi seems like london is expensive but from Johannesburg to Enugu, i just did the calculations and saw is better to fly Ethiopia than any other airline. i will soon release my observations and calculations to see my point in these.

But still I ain't paying for £700 just to go to Enugu.

I can go to Dubai with that money. cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123:

b4 u go try gain plenty weight, becos dubai govt get offer 1g of gold worth $48 for every 1kg (2.2lb) u lose
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2013
ighoosagie: b4 u go try gain plenty wight, becos dubai govt get offer 1g of gold worth $48 for every kg u lose

Be quiet undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123:

Be quiet undecided
im 4 real , ask google if u tink uncle is lying
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2013
ighoosagie: im 4 real , ask google if u tink uncle is lying

I don't need to lose weight tongue
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123:

I don't need to lose weight tongue
sharaaap n do wat i say
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2013
my cacullations are as follows:
fly from johanesburg to Lagos with south african airways will cost me like (amounts in rands which is SA currency) R5300-5500. Fly from Lagos to enugu will cost R1500 for going only which is about 30000k Naira. Return is the same amount R1500. Total amount = 8300 to 9500. However, you will still spend a day at the hotel in Lagos before heading to coal city. Add that cost too cause you wont get a ticket to Enugu from Lagos that same day if you fly from Johannesburg due to departure time which makes your arrivals late in evening.

Fly from Johannesburg to Lagos with Arik Airline. prices from R4500 to 5000. Then from Lagos to enugu will cost like R1500 going and the same amount when return. Arik might still delay you in local flights. Then am not sure but you may likely get a flight to Enugu that same day from Lagos but am not sure but if not, you will have to sleep in a hotel and pay the charges too. Total price is R7500. Arik also will not be compared to a national carrier like SAA, Ethiopia and others. Their services are better. i flown Arik 3 times and i know what am saying.

Fly Ethiopia to Enugu. Total price is R7500. i still believe that the price will go down cause they are just starting and they may have rise the price cause they expect low turn out from people since is beginning. There is nothing like flying home direct and since they have made it so, nothing will take me to Lagos or Abuja for flying.

Lets us one and all patronize these guys. one thing is certain, if you have not suffered what our people from east experience when going abroad cause of these Lagos airport, you wont understand what am saying.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123:

but no one is begging anybody to fly the airline. Just promise us that you won't change your mind one day once the airline starting making a great move and our people start to fly it like never before.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2013

^^^Ada, the price isn't much different from the Air France and British Airways for Port Harcourt and Lagos respectively; and as was pointed out, it's an inaugural flight and they may not be expecting the flight to be fully booked, hence the high cost of tickets.

I think we should 'close eye' and buy the tickets (for now just buy with your 'heart' and not your 'head') to help get the route off the ground as it were, until such a time when it gains a comfortable and profitable 'operational altitude'.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozonna(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2013
So this has come to physical manifestation!!! Ekene dili Chukwu!!! Imagine what will be happening @ that airport dis december. It will be a beehive of activities

We gats to help Ethiopian Airlines spread the gospel. Its time to tell our kith and kin Far and wide, home and Abroad about this .

Meanwhile, if you never buy land for enugu try hustle and buy ASAP

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2013
I also hope that the new national carrier will follow suit, and connect Enugu with Beijing, Shanghai and other foreign cities.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2013
The interior designer of the refurbished airport needs to be given 12 strokes of the cane for having such an antiquated sense of decoration!

Some sections inside the terminal look like a scene from a 1980s parlour......with the heavy and dated-looking furniture and decorations! angry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2013
CFCfan: I also hope that the new national carrier will follow suit, and connect Enugu with Beijing, Shanghai and other foreign cities.
This is most imperative because of the number of Igbos that travel to China.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:
The interior designer of the refurbished airport needs to be given 12 strokes of the cane for having such an antiquated sense of decoration!

Some sections inside the terminal look like a scene from a 1980s parlour......with the heavy and dated-looking furniture and decorations! angry

I said the same grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Ada, the price isn't much different from the Air France and British Airways for Port Harcourt and Lagos respectively; and as was pointed out, it's an inaugural flight and they may not be expecting the flight to be fully booked, hence the high cost of tickets.

I think we should 'close eye' and buy the tickets (for now just buy with your 'heart' and not your 'head') to help get the route off the ground as it were, until such a time when it gains a comfortable and profitable 'operational altitude'.

When the prices reduce small. I'll give the airline the chance if I can.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2013
But I hope this doesn't effect the likes of ABC and co
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2013
adaobi123: But I hope this doesn't effect the likes of ABC and co
ABC and co usually transports people who usually don't travel by air.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2013
henrychubayo: my cacullations are as follows:
fly from johanesburg to Lagos with south african airways will cost me like (amounts in rands which is SA currency) R5300-5500. Fly from Lagos to enugu will cost R1500 for going only which is about 30000k Naira. Return is the same amount R1500. Total amount = 8300 to 9500. However, you will still spend a day at the hotel in Lagos before heading to coal city. Add that cost too cause you wont get a ticket to Enugu from Lagos that same day if you fly from Johannesburg due to departure time which makes your arrivals late in evening.

Fly from Johannesburg to Lagos with Arik Airline. prices from R4500 to 5000. Then from Lagos to enugu will cost like R1500 going and the same amount when return. Arik might still delay you in local flights. Then am not sure but you may likely get a flight to Enugu that same day from Lagos but am not sure but if not, you will have to sleep in a hotel and pay the charges too. Total price is R7500. Arik also will not be compared to a national carrier like SAA, Ethiopia and others. Their services are better. i flown Arik 3 times and i know what am saying.

Fly Ethiopia to Enugu. Total price is R7500. i still believe that the price will go down cause they are just starting and they may have rise the price cause they expect low turn out from people since is beginning. There is nothing like flying home direct and since they have made it so, nothing will take me to Lagos or Abuja for flying.

Lets us one and all patronize these guys. one thing is certain, if you have not suffered what our people from east experience when going abroad cause of these Lagos airport, you wont understand what am saying.

Can you expand on that please
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some people I told about the news are very excited. Join hands let's create the awareness. By December, there will be much traffic to the Enugu airport and I will be pleased to be amond those who will fly that airline. Let the proper arrangement of the boarding area and other security be in place. Coal city here we come

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
hope in 6 months time i can fly from enugu int airport to china direct flight
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
SO they have built/redesigned the domestic terminal that took nearly 10 years to do. Now when is the international terminal going to be ready? According to the Ministry of Aviation, only the existing four int airports are going to be converted into aeroplexes or so.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Its a gud tin dat our people cn fly abroad jst 4rm dia doorstep. Bt d pricez are groundshaking. ...mayb it wld change bt stl yt its the best we hv nw,so we shld treat it lyk ours n show d world dat we are d "travlin once of africa" n in d nxt 2 to 5 yrs.. U do d guesing!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thing we need to bear in mind when moaning about the high ticket price is that unlike Lagos and Abuja international airports (that have patronage from everyone and every region), the Akanu Ibiam airport would have mainly we from the South East to help it to grow.

Nobody else is going to make the initial effort and sacrifice to help make Enugu a profitable route.....unless maybe our Efik/Ibibio/Annang and Benue neighbours patronise the airport as well.

Also i think we have to seek investors in the 5-star hotel business......kinda like Akwa Ibom is doing in Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Let the Fed finish the airport first. Smart European airlines whose long nose smell cash from a thousand miles, will definitely figure out how to fly Enugu from their European hubs.
Currently, Lufthansa combines Abuja and Malabo, sometimes Port- Harcourt. In the future it could be Frankfurt- Enugu- Malabo.
Air France could also rollout a Paris-Enugu-Douala flight. It could be a new dawn for Coal city though.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Asaba airport will be closer for Anambrarians and the infrastructure there is better. From Asaba to Idenmili is about one hour,if I'm not mistaken. Asaba people are our brothers and we must patronize the airport. Enuge on the other hand has caused us Anambrarians a lot of pains. I encourage Anambrarians to fly the Asaba international airport,when its completed. We mustn't forget what these Wawa people did to us after the creation of Enugu state. Pride of Igbo my black aass! Enugu airport is a joke and it will lose a lot of businesses to the world class Asaba airport.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Asaba airport will be closer for Anambrarians and the infrastructure there is better. From Asaba to Idenmili is about one hour,if I'm not mistaken. Asaba people are our brothers and we must patronize the airport. Enuge on the other hand has caused us Anambrarians a lot of pains. I encourage Anambrarians to fly the Asaba international airport,when its completed. We mustn't forget what these Wawa people did to us after the creation of Enugu state. Pride of Igbo my black aass! Enugu airport is a joke and it will lose a lot of businesses to the world class Asaba airport.
asaba is not int airport
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Asaba airport will be closer for Anambrarians and the infrastructure there is better. From Asaba to Idenmili is about one hour,if I'm not mistaken. Asaba people are our brothers and we must patronize the airport. Enuge on the other hand has caused us Anambrarians a lot of pains. I encourage Anambrarians to fly the Asaba international airport,when its completed. We mustn't forget what these Wawa people did to us after the creation of Enugu state. Pride of Igbo my black aass! Enugu airport is a joke and it will lose a lot of businesses to the world class Asaba airport.

Don't be a curse to your people. No one beg you to fly Enugu. While you fly Asaba, we will be cruising direct to Enugu from anywhere in the world. if you don't like it, we have more than the available transformers around for you to hug. Don't be brainless. Minister who knows more than you. i have one more request to make to you. Get away from these thread as fast as possible. is it a big thing to ask?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.