Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,018 members, 7,906,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:20 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1825573 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 2:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think not. They can't be that dumb not to have a sales ticket in Enugu.

I checked the link provided by @CFCFan, their sales office is still in Lagos.
Maybe they will be selling from Enugu Airport.

Can a Nairalander in Enugu notify us when Ethiopian Airline opens their ticket sales counter at Enugu International Airport.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Schedule

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2013
ARROBA:

I checked the link provided by @CFCFan, their sales office is still in Lagos.
Maybe they will be selling from Enugu Airport.

Can a Nairalander in Enugu notify us when Ethiopian Airline opens their ticket sales counter at Enugu International Airport.
Probably.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 24, 2013
Enugu can become a primary hub for Nigeria One (the proposed new national carrier)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:42am On Jul 24, 2013
ARROBA: It seems that Ethiopian Airline sales office is still in Lagos.
I wonder when they will open an office in Enugu and other South East\South South states...Cause it won't be good to travel to Lagos to purchase a ticket and then come back and fly from Enugu.
they are just starting. they must have an office in Enugu where you can book flight especially at the airport. that one is a must
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Trust me guys, i know our dear minister must be working very hard to see that these project is achieved. She want Enugu to function very well. She must have back doors activities that will help promote the airport and she must have encouraged Ethiopia to start the route and must have convinced them that majority of people who fly out of Nigeria are from the east and show them the benefit of been the only airline to run there and by november to march, they will make lots of money from enugu.

But now is right time to Encourage Embassies to open VFS offices in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 24, 2013
henrychubayo: Trust me guys, i know our dear minister must be working very hard to see that these project is achieved. She want Enugu to function very well. She must have back doors activities that will help promote the airport and she must have encouraged Ethiopia to start the route and must have convinced them that majority of people who fly out of Nigeria are from the east and show them the benefit of been the only airline to run there and by november to march, they will make lots of money from enugu.

You took the words out of my mouth! The US Embassy and the British High Commission should take d lead.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2013
The minister of aviation said the cost of the project is N13.3 billion. Is this the cost of the building structure alone or with the facilities?
It includes the complete building and all the appurtenances like air conditioning and generators, the car park in front of it and all of it for N12 billion and then the perishable cargo is N1.3 billion and all together are N13.3 billion-George Uriesi
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uriesi-remodelled-airports-will-quadruple-faan-8217-s-revenue/149609/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2013
CFCfan:

You took the words out of my mouth! The US Embassy and the British High Commission should take d lead.
most western and asian embassies will soon arrive..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:22am On Jul 26, 2013
cool

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
CFCfan: here are the full details:
http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/destinations/nigeria/flights-to-enugu.aspx

*The advertised fares do not include taxes
how can i post this link in ndi igbo page for facebook
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Eifeh: how can i post this link in ndi igbo page for facebook
It has already been posted on the Igbo facebook page.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DerideGull(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
ak47mann: cool

Ndigbo must be very careful with pictorial, literary and oral statements of depiction of what represent IGBO nation state. The mere subliminal idea that Igbo maybe limited to five states in Nigeria begs for correction. When I talk or write about Igbo or Igbo land, I include not only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo but Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Benue and Kogi States.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DerideGull(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
ARROBA: Schedule

If this is true, I say what a welcome idea. Even though Enugu is a greater road travel than Port Harcourt, Ethiopian Airline should be enthusiastically supported for this rare endeavor. I know market prices can fluctuate with ease but the listed price for a flight form Washington, DC to Enugu got me scratching my head.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DerideGull(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
henrychubayo: Trust me guys, i know our dear minister must be working very hard to see that these project is achieved. She want Enugu to function very well. She must have back doors activities that will help promote the airport and she must have encouraged Ethiopia to start the route and must have convinced them that majority of people who fly out of Nigeria are from the east and show them the benefit of been the only airline to run there and by november to march, they will make lots of money from enugu.

I have warned Ndigbo to be socio-politico-economical wary of the USA, Britain and Russia as long as Nigeria is concerned. I shall not even dream of asking Britain or Russia to consider a consulate in Igbo land. AN Igbo group had made numerous requests on USA to open a consulate in Igbo land especially during the height of sectarian riots in northern region of Nigeria. I guess such pleas did not count as far as USA is concerned rather USA opened additional consulate in Kano. Ndigbo must know who their real enemies are.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
DerideGull:

Ndigbo must be very careful with pictorial, literary and oral statements of depiction of what represent IGBO nation state. The mere subliminal idea that Igbo maybe limited to five states in Nigeria begs for correction. When I talk or write about Igbo or Igbo land, I include not only Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo but Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Benue and Kogi States.
Those states you trying to include under igbos unity nobody is stopping anybody but if you distance yourself nobody will force you to come and join a great tribe because "igbos" are known world wide for greatness. We don't know them till they make themselves known to us and prove to us that they are not our enemies....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LAND IN LAGOS OR ABUJA TRYING TO CONNECT THE EAST.

Passengers yesterday photographed rushing into Arik Air plane that just landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. The passengers couldn't even wait for arriving passengers to disembark before jumping on the plane. This was due to shortage of flights to many parts of the country after Arik
canceled several flights yesterday.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
most of the guys are coming from Europe, us, Asia and they have to be there days if such things happens to the local airlines. is still why we needed this Enugu airport to start functioning immediately. For one thing, traffic like these will reduce.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vincenticheke: 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Flights from Addis Ababa to Enugu are scheduled to commence tentatively from August 24th 2013.It will be four flights a week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2013
NEW PIX OF THE AIRPORT

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2013
Looks like a VIP lounge, the compact space seems odd for an airport departure hall.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2013
It's horrible! The useless contractor that built this nonsense should be blacklisted till he can prove he's capable of building a 21st century/modern project......even the two jobs done in Kano are a million times better than this crap!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 6:17am On Aug 01, 2013
Leveraging Akanu-Ibiam International Airport and Ibaka Seaport
[img][/img]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2013
Leveraging Akanu-Ibiam International Airport and Ibaka Seaport2
[img][/img]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2013
@kmariko: I like your plan. If brought to fruition, the Eastern corridor of Nigeria will be amongst the industrial giants of Africa.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2013
to book ur flight via ethiopian airline, u've got to meet dem @ d polo park shoppin mall cuz i jux heard d jingles over d radio. Yipee!!! 042 will soon experience a massive boost in infracstructure altough oga Sullivan don try wellaa...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2013
Boicc: to book ur flight via ethiopian airline, u've got to meet dem @ d polo park shoppin mall cuz i jux heard d jingles over d radio. Yipee!!! 042 will soon experience a massive boost in infracstructure altough oga Sullivan don try wellaa...

That is what we need. Broadcast it in TV, Radio, newspaper not only in coal city but in all south east and Benue, kogi, delta, Etc. This little action shows they are really working to make it a reality.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2013
Plz keep us with up to date infos for our people living in coal city and other places that the airport will serve.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goldmind1(m): 11:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Jesus! My nerves are shaking.
I love what am reading about the Coal City.
Atleast I'll retire there soon.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2013
To God be the Glory.

Step by step we're getting there.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chrismartins: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lets promote our own and unite the people of Ndi Igbo and build a world class mega economic city. And Enugu should be the starting point. More so lets also fight crime and allow peace and tranquility to trive.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.