Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,054 members, 7,906,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1825592 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Asaba airport will be closer for Anambrarians and the infrastructure there is better. From Asaba to Idenmili is about one hour,if I'm not mistaken. Asaba people are our brothers and we must patronize the airport. Enuge on the other hand has caused us Anambrarians a lot of pains. I encourage Anambrarians to fly the Asaba international airport,when its completed. We mustn't forget what these Wawa people did to us after the creation of Enugu state. Pride of Igbo my black aass! Enugu airport is a joke and it will lose a lot of businesses to the world class Asaba airport.
What a complete joke. Asaba airport is not even an international airport. It's jealousy that will uproot the fasbric upon which you stand on if you don't change your ways.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
una get to reply nri priest aka odenigbo aroli....always suffering from persecution syndrome though he was not like that when he entered nairaland.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
@Nri Priest, onye ife oma na-asa afo, please tell us what happened to proposed Onitsha-Oba airport. Some greedy folks from your part obviously stole the money donated by many Igbo people ( including our own Alhaji Abdulazizi Ude) during its launching ceremony over two decades ago. Imo state got theirs right, while you are here blaming political mavericks from Wawaland for all your mistakes.
Nobody from your state has ever boycotted Enugu airport as a local one; Anambra people will not avoid Enugu as an International Airport in the future.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nightshift: @Nri Priest, onye ife oma na-asa afo, please tell us what happened to proposed Onitsha-Oba airport. Some greedy folks from your part obviously stole the money donated by many Igbo people ( including our own Alhaji Abdulazizi Ude) during its launching ceremony over two decades ago. Imo state got theirs right, while you are here blaming political mavericks from Wawaland for all your mistakes.
Nobody from your state has ever boycotted Enugu airport as a local one; Anambra people will not avoid Enugu as an International Airport in the future.
He's speaking for himsaelf and not for Anambra people. Anambra people see Enugu as home and a lot of them even have houses in Enugu. Ndi Anambra were instrumental to the development of Enugu, so they can't boycot what belongs to them. lol grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
This Nri priest is jealous. the guy is very sick. Asaba airport: Imagine the likeness. my people ignore him and lets spread the massage and get this airport make some cool money for the east and Enugu in particular.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Asaba airport will be closer for Anambrarians and the infrastructure there is better. From Asaba to Idenmili is about one hour,if I'm not mistaken. Asaba people are our brothers and we must patronize the airport. Enuge on the other hand has caused us Anambrarians a lot of pains. I encourage Anambrarians to fly the Asaba international airport,when its completed. We mustn't forget what these Wawa people did to us after the creation of Enugu state. Pride of Igbo my black aass! Enugu airport is a joke and it will lose a lot of businesses to the world class Asaba airport.

Ehh woooohh! , Chai!!! Nnaa, Imelu ALUU!!

I am shocked at your statement oh!

Let me begin by saying that i am from Ogwashi-uku in Delta State and my wife is from Okpuneze,Uruagu,Nnewi.I have also lived most of my life in Nanka street,New Haven Enugu. Attended FUTO and i also have family members married to men from Arochukwu in Abia state.So,as a complete Igbo man therefore, i completely reject and rebuke your unwarranted out burst.It is truly beyond shameful to consider what you wrote.If it was not for anonymity of the internet,you will not even utter such shameful words to your own community!

Anyhow,Let me just say that both Asaba and Enugu International airports shall serve Anambra cities well. Yes, Onitsha,Nnewi and Ihiala residents may prefer Asaba which is closer,while Awka, Aguata and Orumba areas shall prefer Enugu.
By the way, who told you that the Akanu Ibam International Airport, Enugu is only for Enugu people? So,MMIA,Lagos is only for Lagosians or Port Harcourt Intl. is only for Port Harcourt residents? You see, it is such low IQ that makes people sometimes wonder if Igbo are deliberately not strategic in nature.

Bros,you are a DISGRACE to the town of Nri which you appended to your NL name.In case you didn't know it,Nri town is the spiritual capital of Igbo people.Indeed,it is the only town in Igboland where a former "Osu" can be cleansed and declared a free by Only Eze Nri and where the worst sacrilege "ALUU" can be cleansed and the offender pardoned to remain and partake in his community activities with Ndi Umunna ya. It is a shame you adopt such a name and you can spew such venom and calumny against any part of Igboland.Chei! May the God of our land rebuke you for such wicked words,unless you apologize.You better repent of your wicked mind before something tragic shall befall you. Wepu aka enwe n'ofe, tupu oghoro aka mmadu.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Enugu International Airport will serve residents of Ebonyi, Enugu, Benue and some Anambrarians.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
CFCfan: Enugu International Airport will serve residents of Ebonyi, Enugu, Benue and some Anambrarians.
We're talking of an international airport. There'll only be one in the whole of Igboland. of course, on the local scene, common sense would suggest that those in Onitsha will use the Asaba airport because it's closer while those in the Awka axis will use the Enugu airport. At the end of the day, it still benefits Igboland. I'm happy that Asaba is being upgraded gradually cos we need more international standard Igbo cities.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Edwike: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Enugu Airport Interior
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 12:20am On Jul 23, 2013
cjrane:

Ehh woooohh! , Chai!!! Nnaa, Imelu ALUU!!

I am shocked at your statement oh!

Let me begin by saying that i am from Ogwashi-uku in Delta State and my wife is from Okpuneze,Uruagu,Nnewi.I have also lived most of my life in Nanka street,New Haven Enugu. Attended FUTO and i also have family members married to men from Arochukwu in Abia state.So,as a complete Igbo man therefore, i completely reject and rebuke your unwarranted out burst.It is truly beyond shameful to consider what you wrote.If it was not for anonymity of the internet,you will not even utter such shameful words to your own community!

Anyhow,Let me just say that both Asaba and Enugu International airports shall serve Anambra cities well. Yes, Onitsha,Nnewi and Ihiala residents may prefer Asaba which is closer,while Awka, Aguata and Orumba areas shall prefer Enugu.
By the way, who told you that the Akanu Ibam International Airport, Enugu is only for Enugu people? So,MMIA,Lagos is only for Lagosians or Port Harcourt Intl. is only for Port Harcourt residents? You see, it is such low IQ that makes people sometimes wonder if Igbo are deliberately not strategic in nature.

Bros,you are a DISGRACE to the town of Nri which you appended to your NL name.In case you didn't know it,Nri town is the spiritual capital of Igbo people.Indeed,it is the only town in Igboland where a former "Osu" can be cleansed and declared a free by Only Eze Nri and where the worst sacrilege "ALUU" can be cleansed and the offender pardoned to remain and partake in his community activities with Ndi Umunna ya. It is a shame you adopt such a name and you can spew such venom and calumny against any part of Igboland.Chei! May the God of our land rebuke you for such wicked words,unless you apologize.You better repent of your wicked mind before something tragic shall befall you. Wepu aka enwe n'ofe, tupu oghoro aka mmadu.
very well,some of us still have little minds.Am impressed from your write up The theory that the Igbos are Hebrews has withstood every brickbat hurled at it. And it has quite a few opponents. Some may even qualify to be called enemies because of the intensity of their hostility. Disagreeing with a position is understandable,here is one from many comments from EBO (IGBO)landing project you can google it,diaspora coming home for cleansing one of them S.D. Prince Eluemonu quote!

.[b] He wrote the letter below:

“Your Imminence, Thank you for your call yesterday. I was attending a banquets when you called. There was a lot of people talking around me so I did not hear everything that you said. The list of people coming to Anambra continues to grow. We are all excited about seeing and hearing with our own eyes and ears about the research of Queen Mother Professor ………….. and others about the ancient African history of Obu Uga and the throne of Eri, the holy land or Aguleri and the sacred river of Omambala. We are so excited about being a part of history in the making and the beginning of the New African Renaissance that will begin from your throne to the whole continent of Africa and the world. Outsiders want to convince us to believe that we come from them, that our culture, civilization and history comes from them. The Niger River Valley is the source, origin, mother of all world civilizations, cultures and people. History begins at Obu Uga. May the Spirit of our Ancestors be pleased in your restoring their proper place in our culture, history and tradition. The Igbo have never been slaves to any man, nation or people, neither are they the sons and daughters of slaves. The Igbo are not the descendant of slaves. Eri was not a slave or a descendant of slaves. The Ezeora son of Eri is not a slave or the descendant of slaves. Slavery is an abomination to the Igbo. We the children of captive Africans throughout the diaspora will come to the holy land of Aguleri to be cleansed from the abomination of slavery, not to become descendants of slaves again It is important that you understand why we are coming and why the world will be coming to the land of Eri. We are not coming because of what outsiders have told us about who we are. We do not believe that. We totally reject the foreign imposition of someone else’s culture, religion and history on us. We want everyone to know this. We want all our friends and enemies to know that the day of religious imperialism on Igbo culture is over. We had enough of that as slaves in America. We are very excited about coming home.
Warm regards, S.D Prince Eluemuno The Ebo (Igbo) Landing Project.[/b]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Our people with superiority complex grin odikwa egwu.

If it is in ur backyard or ur state now you will want every tom and hare to patronize it but the reverse is the case. . .

baaad blood!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Edwike: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hey Guys, Check-out Ethiopian Airlines Ticket to Asia via Addis-Ababa from Enugu selling like hotcake. Check Ethiopian Airline website(http://www.flyethiopian.com/en/default.aspx) and book now!!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Edwike: Hey Guys, Check-out Ethiopian Airlines Ticket to Asia via Addis-Ababa from Enugu selling like hotcake. Check Ethiopian Airline website(http://www.flyethiopian.com/en/default.aspx) and book now!!!!!

Milan/Rome to Enugu is only 250 Euros.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
CFCfan:

Milan/Rome to Enugu is only 250 Euros.
that is quite cheap.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
very cheap indeed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
here are the full details:
http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/destinations/nigeria/flights-to-enugu.aspx

*The advertised fares do not include taxes
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
CFCfan: here are the full details:
http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/destinations/nigeria/flights-to-enugu.aspx

*The advertised fares do not include taxes
wow from ten cities....i wonder when the first one would land.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Edwike: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
I really do not understand ENUGU state government. What effort are they making to market the Enugu International Airport knowing fully well that other regions, i.e. West and North do not want to see the Enugu International Airport come to fruition. No adverts, no commercial nothing; not even a single media house has carried this August date for the first international flight from Enugu. Only mushroom social websites have been reporting the news. Enugu state gov should wake up and be part of the world. Lure international airlines to Enugu by giving some incentives in form of tax rebate, free hotel accommodation to the airline crew for a period of time etc. That would be an investment for Enugu people. The dividends certainly would be unquantifiable when the airport is fully functional.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^
The airport is owned by the FG, so they (FG) have to promote the airport.
I agree with your argument.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Edwike: I really do not understand ENUGU state government. What effort are they making to market the Enugu International Airport knowing fully well that other regions, i.e. West and North do not want to see the Enugu International Airport come to fruition. No adverts, no commercial nothing; not even a single media house has carried this August date for the first international flight from Enugu. Only mushroom social websites have been reporting the news. Enugu state gov should wake up and be part of the world. Lure international airlines to Enugu by giving some incentives in form of tax rebate, free hotel accommodation to the airline crew for a period of time etc. That would be an investment for Enugu people. The dividends certainly would be unquantifiable when the airport is fully functional.
guy i am not sure how the west and north come into this.we should be careful how we make certain statements.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Edwike, spot on! I think it was last year that i raised some of the 'marketing' issues you touched on in your last post; we're yet to see any aggressive promotion of the airport by the Enugu state gov't, with incentives thrown in if necessary. By now they ought to be highlighting the fact that by august one would be able to fly into Enugu directly, and this would bring more business and economic activity for the State and Region in general. It's not everything you leave to Stella and the federal gov't!

Also by now they should have asked the Chinese company constructing the new terminal building for some kind of 3-D video of the building coupled with any other renders they have; the State gov't could then embark on a promotional drive by way of sponsored programmes on channels like BEN TV London, AIT, NTA and CNN; with this done the new terminal building can 'hit the ground running' when it opens for business next year. This is where i'm sure a Rochas or Akpabio wouldn't be found wanting......those two sabi talk !

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
asha 80: guy i am not sure how the west and north come into this.we should be careful how we make certain statements.
He is right. I dont know the region you are from but that guy is right. Do you know that 70% TRAVELERS from Nigeria are from East and South South, 25% to the west and 5% to the North. Why should we travel from East to Lagos to enter flight. East are mostly importers who travel far and wild. Do you know when the east start to cry for the international airport, seaport etc. Long time ago. For one thing, the money Lagos makes from travelers in terms of hotels and feeding and shopping is much That is why west may not likely grant the request like OBJ did. The same with North with Kano airport and Abuja. For one thing, the rate of growth of a city and revenues grows once you have things like airport and seaport. That is true talk from him.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
henrychubayo:
He is right. I dont know the region you are from but that guy is right. Do you know that 70% TRAVELERS from Nigeria are from East and South South, 25% to the west and 5% to the North. Why should we travel from East to Lagos to enter flight. East are mostly importers who travel far and wild. Do you know when the east start to cry for the international airport, seaport etc. Long time ago. For one thing, the money Lagos makes from travelers in terms of hotels and feeding and shopping is much That is why west may not likely grant the request like OBJ did. The same with North with Kano airport and Abuja. For one thing, the rate of growth of a city and revenues grows once you have things like airport and seaport. That is true talk from him.
my signature indicates where i am from but sometimes you have to be diplomatic in making some statements.being frontal on every issue is usually not the way out.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Gov. Chime is not known for beating loud drums about his state's projects, less for an FGN's. He believes in action than in loud mouth, or in speaking English that fills the mouth( apology to Achebe).
Enugu state govt is likely making some moves , hoping to make Ndigbo proud as usual, when the chips are down. My take though.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nightshift: Gov. Chime is not known for beating loud drums about his state's projects, less for an FGN's. He believes in action than in loud mouth, or in speaking English that fills the mouth( apology to Achebe).
Enugu state govt is likely making some moves , hoping to make Ndigbo proud as usual, when the chips are down. My take though.
I also noticed that Chime is not a noise maker but this isn't about self praise like other governors do but about advertising the wares of the state. It will be useless for Enugu to have an international airport and people don't get to know about it. But i thank God that due to the world wide web, a lot of people will learn about it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
The international terminal will be completed in d first quarter of 2015.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I also noticed that Chime is not a noise maker but this isn't about self praise like other governors do but about advertising the wares of the state. It will be useless for Enugu to have an international airport and people don't get to know about it. But i thank God that due to the world wide web, a lot of people will learn about it.
Gov Chime may also not want to jump the gun by doing as if he is trying to take the praise for the new airport from the president. Nigeria politics is still about personality-cult. The aviation minister's role also comes into question on the advert issue.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nightshift: Gov Chime may also not want to jump the gun by doing as if he is trying to take the praise for the new airport from the president. Nigeria politics is still about personality-cult. The aviation minister's role also comes into question on the advert issue.
That's what i hate about NIgeria. The federal government can hold a geo group to ransome if they want to. It's best for the destinity for any unit in NIgeria to be in their hands.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's what i hate about NIgeria. The federal government can hold a geo group to ransome if they want to. It's best for the destiny for any unit in NIgeria to be in their hands.

Remember the airport is still owned by the FG
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
CFCfan:

Remember the airport is still owned by the FG
I know. I think regions should start owning airports and other facilities that could be a catalyst for their progress.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 1:52am On Jul 24, 2013
It seems that Ethiopian Airline sales office is still in Lagos.
I wonder when they will open an office in Enugu and other South East\South South states...Cause it won't be good to travel to Lagos to purchase a ticket and then come back and fly from Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:55am On Jul 24, 2013
ARROBA: It seems that Ethiopian Airline sales office is still in Lagos.
I wonder when they will open an office in Enugu and other South East\South South states...Cause it won't be good to travel to Lagos to purchase a ticket and then come back and fly from Enugu.
I think not. They can't be that dumb not to have a sales ticket in Enugu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (711) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.