Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,938 members, 7,876,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (13976 Views)

NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / NBA. . . Represent Your Team / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by montelik(m): 4:57am On Jan 13, 2013
Meanwhile Kaepernick is literally running all over the Packers D.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 6:07am On Jan 13, 2013
Please, can someone explain to me in why i was banned by pyguru for a harmless/ inoffensive post?
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 11:35am On Jan 13, 2013
Wow Kaepernick was spectacular! Easily outshone Aaron Rodgers there. This has to be the best Divisional playoffs in years. At least I got one prediction right
The Harbaugh bid for a Superbowl is still on with the Ravens and 49ers winning. Funny enough they both got to the Championship game last season you have to wonder if they would be denied a Superbowl this time

Roland17: Please, can someone explain to me in why i was banned by pyguru for a harmless/ inoffensive post?
Lol welcome to the club

montelik:

Haba. Even I still prefer Brady to Manning. You have to give some blame to Denvers secondary and some really "play not to lose" playcalling right at the end.

Still think Manning is the better regular season QB he just lacks that poise when it matters most! Brady has arguably played on better teams tho. This is not the 1st time Peyton is failing to make homefield count.
I'd blame the coach and Peyton for not icing this game when they could! On a day when your secondary was being torched you try as hard as you can to keep Flacco off the field! On the penultimate drive during regulation They had a 3rd and 7 and chose to run the ball even without their best running back
Peyton is more or less the offensive coordinator so I expected him to improvise and get that game winning first down, he was all too willing to play safe
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
I am still awaiting a response to why i was banned last night for an inoffensive post on the NFL thread, there is no avenue to address this, thus am posting it here hoping one of the moderators can give a veritable explanation.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
I have always thought that the 49ers would make super bowl since last year's nfc championship loss to the giants. Still think the giants were lucky that day. I will still stick with my instinct of patriots-49ers bowl.
I support d pats but think this is just 49er's year of a super bowl win.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 6:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Roland17: I am still awaiting a response to why i was banned last night for an inoffensive post on the NFL thread, there is no avenue to address this, thus am posting it here hoping one of the moderators can give a veritable explanation.
Pyguru is some bot men don't bother yourself

Seahawks @ Falcons: After last night's performance its hard to go against a mobile QB like Russell Wilson these new hybrid QB's that can rush and throw pose huge conundrums for any defensive coordinator. The fact that Matt Ryan is also yet to win a playoff game also looms large in a Falcons team that is good but suspect! They had a weak schedule IMO. I say they get found out by the Seahawks's defense and their ball hawks plus Ryan's winless streak continues. Seahawks for the win
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by montelik(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Just saw this on twitter.

Dear Payton, Nice throw. He was open. Sincerely, Brett Favre

grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
@A-40

Thanks for the clarification bro, i appreciate.

Am 1-1, save for Collin who demolished my boys, i would have been 2-0 this week..

This seahawks defense is really tough
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ryan knows there would be no more excuses if he fails here.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
Come on ATL!!!!!!
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
Did you predict the Ravens winning?? Lol anyway it seems Ryan wants to end his jinx this time no show from beast mode and the Seahawks can't seem to stop a nosebleed
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
Yup, even though i did not believe in Flacco, i thought the running game with Rice would win the game, all the same glad it was not the last of R.Lewis
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
Seems like I'm heading for 1-2 record! Matt Ryan has been lights out! I shoulda seen the warning signs though as RG3 even with one leg tossed a couple of TD's in one quarter plus its plausible to think that game woulda turned out slightly differently if RG3 was healthy

Hahaha this Sherman dude can be such a nimrod at times
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
After the replacement refs dubiously called touch down for Tate against my Packers, i have refused to support them, they are a good team, but Ryan looks like he's breaking the jinx today and that should leave me 2-1
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Who u got? Texans or Patriots?

Texans @ Patriots: After seeing the Ravens pull a rabbit out of their a$$es last night it would be unwise to rest on their regular season 4 Touchdown beatdown against the same Texans earlier in the season. Plus the Patriots also beat the Jets in the 2010 regular season 45-3 only to lose in the playoffs that same season in a game that gave birth to the infamous Bart Scott "they can't stop a nosebleed" rant grin grin
Tom Brady is not an eight time one and doner like Peyton Manning tho so I just find it hard to look past the Pats even with JJ Watt,Arian Foster and
Andre Johnson. Tom Brady and the Patriots should edge this
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Haaaa these Seahawks no gree oh! Can they complete a famous comeback?
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2013
No phucking way!!! Touchdown Seahawks!
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
You beat me to it, the best chance the Texans have is to run the ball with Foster, he was the major catalyst in the regular season blowout, but this is the playoff's and this is where Tom Brady has excelled, he's built for the post season.

I also expect Vince Wilfork to be huge, the Gronk, Wes Welker and Aaron Hernandez are class receivers and tight ends, the options are unlimited for the Patriots, while the texans would rely on the running game also i trust Belichick's play call to Kubiak's.

Come on ATL, give me this field goalll.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
Its gooooooooooood, its goooooooooooood
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Awwww man! Gotta feel bad for the Seahawks what a rally!! From 20-zip at halftime! If only they where able to get a score in the red-zone right before the half
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
Roland17: You beat me to it, the best chance the Texans have is to run the ball with Foster, he was the major catalyst in the regular season blowout, but this is the playoff's and this is where Tom Brady has excelled, he's built for the post season.

The Patriots actually won in the regular season
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
My bad, i construed the high scoring loss to the 49ers. my bad.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
Seems the Gronk is hurt again
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Tom Brady making it look too easy!

Huge play from Foster
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 1:43am On Jan 14, 2013
To be honest, the Texans have surprised me, i thought they would be blown out, but they have found a way of staying in the game, Matt should stop throwing the ball and run the ball with Forster... wetin be my own sef, after all na Patriots i want make dem win. that should take me to 3-1
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by azpekuliar: 7:42am On Jan 14, 2013
A-40:

Pyguru is some bot men don't bother yourself

Seahawks @ Falcons: After last night's performance its hard to go against a mobile QB like Russell Wilson these new hybrid QB's that can rush and throw pose huge conundrums for any defensive coordinator. The fact that Matt Ryan is also yet to win a playoff game also looms large in a Falcons team that is good but suspect! They had a weak schedule IMO. I say they get found out by the Seahawks's defense and their ball hawks plus Ryan's winless streak continues. Seahawks for the win

Never knew you were also a wrestling fan... grin
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
azpekuliar:

Never knew you were also a wrestling fan... grin
Wrestling?? What is this ninja talking about

2-2 not bad

Take out the Falcons and we have essentially the same lineup from last year

I think this playoff settles the better QB discussion! Manning's consistent choking at crucial times has edged it to Brady for me men.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by azpekuliar: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
A-40:

Wrestling?? What is this ninja talking about

2-2 not bad

Take out the Falcons and we have essentially the same lineup from last year

I think this playoff settles the better QB discussion! Manning's consistent choking at crucial times has edged it to Brady for me men.

Don't tell me you missed the joke. BTW, is Payton Manning still the NFL's highest earner?
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
azpekuliar:

Don't tell me you missed the joke. BTW, is Payton Manning still the NFL's highest earner?
Loool I probably did. I think Drew Brees's new deal puts him over Peyton it works out at 20mil a year for 5 years
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
A 3-1 record was successful predicting, i am still hurting from a crazy weekend though.

Personally i think this has been the season of rookies, Wilson, RGIII, Luck, Alfred Morris and the second year Colin Kaepernick whom i still kind of regard as a rookie.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 1:33am On Jan 15, 2013
I was 3-1 last week

What is interesting for me is are we seeing the return of mobile and ubiquitous QB's
Obviously passing still rules the league. Guys like Matty Ice and Smokin Joe kept their teams in the playoffs by throwing absolute bombs but with performances like Colin Kaepernick you have to wonder. I'd hate to be a defensive coordinator with these kind of QB's
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by montelik(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Gives Edo Queens Players ₦1 Million Each For Winning NWFL / Odion Ighalo Meets Godwin Obaseki, Edo State Governor (Photos) / Prophecies For Football In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.