Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,568 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:47 AM

D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? (22955 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
jackbauersballs: Why are people just banging on about 'Haters'?

Taste in Music is a personal preference no?

If I feel Dbanj messed up on the track(Which he did by the way), can I not express such an opinion without fear of being Labeled a Hater(Which I'm not)?

I listen to a lot of heavy metal,should I call you a hater If you don't like it?

And for f**cksake shymmex, why tribalize music preference again?

Do you even know what taste in music is if it was smashed all over your face??

GTFOH!!! The names of the haters alone is a give away...

He didn't make the tune for you, he made it for his fans - if you don't like it, you can always ignore the music..

How many of you can even afford to buy his music through a legit medium?

I thought stormfront had the highest number of nutters, but NL proved me wrong...

At least the nutters on stormfront are intelligent, but the same can't be said of NL..

If don jazzy or whatever that bloke is called is so great, tell him to create another D'Banj.

8 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Amaechina(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Wack song. I expected somefin bera from this business man.....mtsheeeeeew....

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Below average is still a miss.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
'Good music' frm the kokomaster,i think jsleek deserves some credit too
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by kittykat1(f): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex:

He didn't make the tune for you, he made it for his fans - if you don't like it, you can always ignore the music..

I thought stormfront had the highest number of nutters, but NL proved me wrong...

At least the nutters on stormfront are intelligent, but the same can't be said of NL..

If don jazzy or whatever that bloke is called is so great, tell him to create another D'Banj.
Must u criticize so harshly all d time? SMH
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by DMatrix: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sincerely, can you compare this song with Oliver Twist or even Endowed remix with Snoop, or all the other mohits songs? nahhhh...this is below average, you see there is power in synergy. We no go listen to crap becos na Dbanj dey sing am...stick to the quality..and why two threads on dbanj on the same issue? angry
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2012
DMatrix: Sincerely, can you compare this song with Oliver Twist or even Endowed remix with Snoop, or all the other mohits songs? nahhhh...this is below average, you see there is power in synergy. We no go listen to crap becos na Dbanj dey sing am...stick to the quality..and why two threads on dbanj on the same issue? angry
The 2 threads is an attempt to make bad song look good but I think good song will speak for itself. As a DBanj fan, I say this song is a big miss. Not worth the replay button. Dbanj, I love you but i dont like this song.

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by 9ja4eva: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
BIG TIME MISS
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dukechimi: 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
MISS MISS MISS!!!!!!! Beef Tasteless song tongue
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by tunapawizzy: 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
omosexy1: I think D'banj is doing real music for the first time. The musical exposure his is getting is making him put out something nice. Oyato is a nice song for me. At least for once, I can relate to what a Nigerian Artiste says blended in fine Afro tunes. This is how our Nigerian music should be showcased to the world. Well done D'banj

God Bless You
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
kitty kat:
Must u criticize so harshly all d time? SMH

These people are pathetic and I just like having fun with them whilst breaking them down mentally.. grin

A drag queenguy who named himself after a next man's balls shouldn't even be talking where real men are talking..

Jacksuersballs you know.. More like homoerotic hater.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox20003: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex: Haters are going hate - freaking broke arse and jobless nutters...

Why is the tune rubbish I bet most will start stuttering, pathetic people...

Just say you hate the tune because it was a soulful Yoruba tune.. undecided undecided

Haters on steroids!! cool

Great soulful tune showcasing Yoruba language!
cool

Osheee grin grin grin

If it wasnt a hit, how would it have made the frontpage twice...and trending on twitter for the past 24hrs...

Coupled with the harmonica! The song is D-banging.... wink wink wink wink

Frawzey
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Ardedaryor(m): 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
i no sabi joooorooo
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex:

Why Bring Don Jazzy into this

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by donsola(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
Utter crap..smh for D'banj..... Bambalala Honeywell advert sounds berra... Oyato koo oyama nii.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox20003: 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2012
Now that Dbanj has confirmed to the world that Don J aint the only producer he can work with...all he needs to do now is to blend with J Sleek. And this is the first track so expect more from him as he drops his album before the end of the year.
I can bet it that Don J would be surprised Tuface's producer could make such an afrobeat.
Dbanj:
Producer : well replaced, infact outstanding.
Song: Trying to blend.
Rating: 8/10 for the first joint with a new producer.
Album: yet to be released.
Prospect: If relationship between J sleek and Dbanj doesnt go sour, they would rule the world.
Oyato indeed! Nice joint.

Frawzey.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Jadela(m): 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
The track is an arrant nonsense. Mtchhhwwwwwww...

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by oddy4real(m): 7:39pm On Jul 15, 2012
Weak song from Dbanj. He needs 9ice to do a remix of the song for him.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox20003: 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oyato - Lyrics

For I see all these Pharisees
All them say all na fallacy
Wetin dem talk no matter at all
What God has done no man can destroy

And at the end of the day there is no contest
There is no reason talking out of context
Dem know me them no what I've accomplish
So why u come dey act with no conscience

Kirakita oma dola afi enitoluwa ba fifun
No dispute and thats the truth
And I dont need to prove cos

Chorus
Won olayo oyato o 2ce
Oto laye e o
Oto laye won o
Oto laye e
Ori e oyato

(Mouth organ/Harmonica)

If u know what I know you go like me o

5 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Revolva(m): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex: Haters are going hate - freaking broke arse and jobless nutters...

Why is the tune rubbish I bet most will start stuttering, pathetic people...

Just say you hate the tune because it was a soulful Yoruba tune.. undecided undecided

Haters on steroids!! cool

Great soulful tune showcasing Yoruba language! cool

I guess you are the one on steriods what the hell are people like ur type doing here on earth what has brought tribalism here now why ate you feeling less inferior I am sure you aint base here in naija as a yoruba guy -the yoruba pple I know don't sound dis way I am close to many you must be a lost yoruba guy in london looking for way to show you belong to d race that why every post that comes up you bring tribe in it. Eeeee dddiiooottt bitch
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by kumbalo(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
pro01: I must confess this clown's PR machine is extremely strong, inspite of his weak musical substance. So because it's D'banj, with a below average song for that matter, you nitwits would put two Oyato threads on the front page, so that three or four posters would repeatedly argue and fight to 20 pages, and then you fools would say D'Banj is "trending"? Current genuine monster hits like Nyanya's Kukere, Wizkid's Azonto Freestyle, Chuddy K's Gaga Crazy, and Ice Prince's Juju should have 19 threads on the front page then, and they'll be more deserving. Mumu moderators and even mumu-er D'Banj a.r.s.eh.ole lickers.
grin
pro01: I must confess this clown's PR machine is extremely strong, inspite of his weak musical substance. So because it's D'banj, with a below average song for that matter, you nitwits would put two Oyato threads on the front page, so that three or four posters would repeatedly argue and fight to 20 pages, and then you fools would say D'Banj is "trending"? Current genuine monster hits like Nyanya's Kukere, Wizkid's Azonto Freestyle, Chuddy K's Gaga Crazy, and Ice Prince's Juju should have 19 threads on the front page then, and they'll be more deserving. Mumu moderators and even mumu-er D'Banj a.r.s.eh.ole lickers.

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by dabrake(m): 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
#SongsBetterThanOyato
if you do good
kingdom oh ho oh ho
kingdom oh ho ho
kingdom's waiting for you
if you do bad
no more kingdom oh ho oh ho
no more kingdom oh ho ho
no more kingdom's waiting for you

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by jayp2: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
dabrake: #SongsBetterThanOyato
parents listen to your children
clap(3x)
we are leaders of tomorrow
clap(3x)
try to pay our school fees
clap(3x)
and give us sound education
clap(3x)
Dude! You're crazy...lolz cheesy
dabrake: #SongsBetterThanOyato
parents listen to your children
clap(3x)
we are leaders of tomorrow
clap(3x)
try to pay our school fees
clap(3x)
and give us sound education
clap(3x)
Dude! You're crazy...lolz
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by boyendowed(m): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
Real miss.Rubbish song
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by gidiMonsta(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
I love the song, a wonderful feel good yoruba song. D'banj is growing as a musician, more african and matured.

NB: for those saying d'banj can't survive without don J, oyato trounces every song on that trashy album called 'Solar plexus'.

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox20003: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
When I heard Solar Plexus, I didnt like it...it was below my expectation because the last Mohit's album was just on hot and point( Tenten, Jasi, and so on). But I never said the songs are wack...cos some would definitely like it.

Its better u say u dont like OYATO than degrading a song thats trending at the moment. I can connect with the song cos mo yato.

Frawzey.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Revolva:

[s]I guess you are the one on steriods what the hell are people like ur type doing here on earth what has brought tribalism here now why ate you feeling less inferior I am sure you aint base here in naija as a yoruba guy -the yoruba pple I know don't sound dis way I am close to many you must be a lost yoruba guy in london looking for way to show you belong to d race that why every post that comes up you bring tribe in it. Eeeee dddiiooottt bitch
[/s]

Tribalism is a way of thinking or behaving in which people are more loyal to their tribe than to their friends, their country, or any other social group. The organization, culture, or beliefs of a tribe. 2. A strong feeling of identity with and loyalty to one's tribe or group.

If that's what tribalism is, then tribalism is my middle name... Love my culture so much, I'll die for it.. grin

How about come over and spew that crap to my face, and let me clap your face with a real revolver, huh?

Smith and Wesson is my favourite hand tool. cool

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex:

My Taste in music is personal. Why are you getting vexed?
Your parents (may) like you even though you're annoying little Arrow. Should we hate your parents for (allegedly)liking you?

shymmex:

Even D'banj would bitchslap you for such a comment....
You think any musician will isolate people from listening to his music? O ma se o...

shymmex:

Have you noticed that D'banj released the track for FREE?
Besides how much can any copy of D'banj's album for sell for anyway? #150 naira max in Nigeria. Less than a pound. Fact.

shymmex:

Who brought Don Jazzy into this?
So If I dont like a D'banj song, I am a don jazzy fan abi?
Judging from your Good Guy vs Bad Guy Mentality, You're just a kid who still plays police and thief on the streets of wherever you are....

Look shymmex on every level I will destroy you.
You dont wanna mess with this bad boy...
Real talk.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
don jazzy's touch is evidently missing in this song....I only hope n pray his career won't crash before he realise his mistake n return. good luck to him though wink
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by born2boink(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oto laye yin!
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
[s]
jackbauersballs:
My Taste in music is personal. Why are you getting vexed?
Your parents (may) like you even though you're annoying little Arrow. Should we hate your parents for (allegedly)liking you?
Even D'banj would bitchslap you for such a comment....
You think any musician will isolate people from listening to his music? O ma se o..
Have you noticed that D'banj released the track for FREE?
Besides how much can any copy of D'banj's album for sell for anyway? #150 naira max in Nigeria. Less than a pound. Fact.
Who brought Don Jazzy into this?
So If I dont like a D'banj song, I am a don jazzy fan abi?
Judging from your Good Guy vs Bad Guy Mentality, You're just a kid who still plays police and thief on the streets of wherever you are....
Look shymmex on every level I will destroy you.
You dont wanna mess with this bad boy...
Real talk.
[/s]

Reply when you stop jocking jackbuersballs, and get on my level - we don't belong in the same league..

You're so beneath me, I can't even see you...

You're like an ant to me, worship me son.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by amosy007: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
shymmex:

Too True cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Behind The Scene Photos Of Falz 'Moral Instruction' Video / 2pac Or Eminem / Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.