Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,834 members, 7,976,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:55 PM

D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? (23042 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by OneNaira6: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2012
How is this man popular?

Most of his songs are rubbish including this one.

A big fact MISS
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2012
@GordonComedian: Dear D'banj its not like i don't like #Oyato but i prefer listening to the noise from my generator !”
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2012
"@McOmezi: Dear D'banj, you were right. Without Don Jazzy, #Oyato gan (you're very different)... and that's not a compliment."
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2012
‏@johnwaves

Dear D'banj oliver twist is better than #oyato go and beg don jazzy before it is too late
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by sevule(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2012
For all those that have resorted to insulting people that have expressed their displeasure/pleasure with DBanj's new single, there is a new word in the dicitionary and it is called an opinion. You do not have to reduce yourself to the level of a troll just because somebody expressed his own opinion regardless of wether you agree with it or not.
Well in my own opinion, I do believe that D'Banj actually tried something new with this track but it is a complete Miss for me. I like the fact that he actually sings on this track and the track definitely has great beats but overall the track is definitely lacking and sounds lack lustre. He definitely dropped the ball with this one as people have become used to him releasing monster dance hits. The track would definitely get air play because it is D'Banj but me thinks he ought to go back to the drawing board. Final summary - the track is a complete miss.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2012
Dhelake: D fact is u copied d joke ... Hundreds of pple had used dat joke on twitter, u must be a kinda dull guy o 4 u to believe dat a fone dat cnt download a nt up to 4mb song is a smartfone, u beta go buy Nokia 2626, i sure say dat fone go download am, I phone ko K phone ni ... Arindin
Arse hole negro on command,
senseless violence and all
the loathsome nonsense
that goes by the name of
patriotism for D'banjs crap (oyato)-how passionately I crave to have my hands around your neck! I'll run your brain around the block to jog your f*****g memory.
You could date a stick of
dynamite for all I care and wouldn't go out
with a slam. Dbanj
couldn't make em goddamn fans
throw up their hands if they
swallowed their fingers! Dumb arse nigga. You think ur gonna diss me?
With your lame arse back there in the jungle. Nah! I'll shock you with a
360kv electrical Volt.
I'll whip your Bottom like
Obama did to Mccain with
365 electoral votes. Use the mirror; coloured skin dude before you eff up on me nigga coz am gonna smoke off ya withered arse. IN MY KINGDOM, "OYATO" IS BOREDOM! Monkey Man Dhelake.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2012
Dbanj may shutdown his twitter page. Negative reviews may melt twitter server. I love Dbanj not the O yato. Sorry
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by sarutobie(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2012
exxell: Arse hole negro on command,
senseless violence, and all
the loathsome nonsense
that goes by the name of
patriotism for D'banjs crap (oyato)-how passionately I crave to have my hands around your neck! I'll run your brain around the block to jog your f*****g memory.
with a slam. Dbanj
swallowed their fingers! Bitch ass. You think ur gonna diss me?
360kv electrical Volt.
Obama did to Mccain with
365 electoral votes. Use the mirror; coloured skin dude before you eff up on me nigga coz am gonna smoke off ya withered arse. IN MY KINGDOM, "OYATO" IS BOREDOM! Monkey Man Dhelake.
Chaii..who let this psycho loose in nairaland?

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2012
sarutobie:

Negative traffic...blackman calling another black 'coloured skin dude'.... why won't oyinbos call us dull.... It is advisable that we check the meaning of the words we type in here before showing how rural we are. #justsaying
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2012
You guys are still on this Hit/Miss thing.....

[size=15pt]Are u tired of useless critisms against you? Are u feeling down because of what people say about u? Or U notice people hate on u cos u're better than them? Get your headphones and listen to OYATO by Dbanj. [/size]

Seven pages and still counting....Still trending on twitter after 48hrs...

Listening from a woofer....Jeez...Now.

Something is gonna happen in Lagos soon and Don J fans would be shocked. Mark my word!

Oyato. Kudos to my bro. And Great job by SleekySleeky....una neva see anything...when he completes this track and album...U will forget DonJazzy ever produced Dbanj cos Sleeky is.... lipsrsealed

Frawzey.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2012
exxell: Arse hole negro on command,
senseless violence and all
the loathsome nonsense
that goes by the name of
with a slam. Dbanj
swallowed their fingers! Dumb arse nigga. You think ur gonna diss me?
360kv electrical Volt.
Obama did to Mccain with
story story Part 1
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2012
ayox2003:
You guys are still on this Hit/Miss thing.....

[size=15pt]Are u tired of useless critisms against you? Are u feeling down because of what people say about u? Or U notice people hate on u cos u're better than them? Get your headphones and listen to OYATO by Dbanj. [/size]

Seven pages and still counting....Still trending on twitter after 48hrs...

Listening from a woofer....Jeez...Now.

Something is gonna happen in Lagos soon and Don J fans would be shocked. Mark my word!

Oyato. Kudos to my bro. And Great job by SleekySleeky....una neva see anything...when he completes this track and album...U will forget DonJazzy ever produced Dbanj cos Sleeky is.... lipsrsealed

Frawzey.
leave them jare, most of dem ar hypocrites
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2012
Now playing on beat99 FM http://www.thebeat99.com/

Frawzey. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by KINGwax(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2012
freecocoa: Seun and muki,how many OYATO thread una go put for homepage?

Btw the song is RUBBISH.
whatever u do sweets, jes don't hang!
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2012
tokunboh:

Negative traffic...blackman calling another black 'coloured skin dude'.... why won't oyinbos call us dull.... It is advisable that we check the meaning of the words we type in here before showing how rural we are. #justsaying
he tire me o
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2012
sarutobie:
hahahahaha! Na so me too dey ask o!
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Pgent1(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2012
Just heard d song ystrday and i must say i was disappntd with d song,i don't xpct him 2 diss,d only high point on d song is d harmonica he played,kudos 2 jsleek 4 a nice beat
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Dbanj may shutdown his twitter page. Negative reviews may melt twitter server. I love Dbanj not the O yato. Sorry
shut up joor! Na önly u dey tweet, Abegi! There were so many positive response there, all dose negative tweets ar nt real, they're copy nd paste
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ifihearam: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2012
Una dey here dey complain
D banj dey uk dey groove,dey make he cool dough
Don jazzzy dey lagos dey smoke indian hemp
Keep hating. Foolish pple

Nice one dbanj
I knw say u don blow
Leaving donjazzy was the best tin dat can ever happen 2 u
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2012
Dhelake: story story
Yo nigga, tiz better you shut tha eff up and look like a jungle goat than open it and erase all doubt. I took you like a bro, waz on the negotiating line with ma niggas as per the constructive criticism I was giving Dbanj coz of his crap. You burst out from nowhere, tribalized the whole thread and used vulgar yoruba rhymes on me. Wat the eff is odoyo, arindin et al? Thought we are civilized? Or you want me to leave my white lines and diss you in my mama tongue? You wanna feel bad today? When you wanna diss me, dont even stand too close coz u are so homo. You think you can mess with my logo because you want promo on NL? Nigga if you are weed, am gonna smoke you. Don’t even bother. You ain’t spittin’ proper!
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Hoodrat(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2012
When will dbanj sterilise all his haters?
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Cyberconnect12: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2012
alaoeri: Too early to judge,produce by jsleek 2baba producer but sound like dissing song. One thing for sure as a businessman dbanj gonna promote the song as usual. Average sha.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2012
And please any Don j's Fan should gimme a song thats banging like Oyato. Just one....in the Solar Plexus album.

Truth be told, Don J behaved very childishly. He rushed to make an album just to show that he's got a "crew" ...Mavin records...and the album? A colossal flop. Instead of taking time to do great songs, he was consoling his fans with Twitter money sharing. If u heard tenten, Jasi in the last Mohits album u'd understand this.....Solar Plexus flopped...eand sales would testify to this.

Meanwhile Dbanj was building his team...Signed Davido and now Sleeky.

Keep blabbing while he becomes a legend home and abroad. A kudos to a courageous bro. Don J is no god...Dbanj is 2years older than him.

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2012
exxell: Yo nigga, tiz better you shut tha eff up and look like a jungle goat than open it and erase all doubt. I took you like a bro, waz on the negotiating line with ma niggas as per the constructive criticism I was giving Dbanj coz of his crap. You burst out from nowhere, tribalized the whole thread and used vulgar yoruba rhymes on me. Wat the eff is odoyo, arindin et al? Thought we are civilized? Or you want me to leave my white lines and diss you in my mama tongue? You wanna feel bad today? When you wanna diss me, dont even stand too close coz u are so homo. You think you can mess with my logo because you want promo on NL? Nigga if you are weed, am gonna smoke you. Don’t even bother. You ain’t spittin’ proper!
Part 2
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Hoodrat: When will dbanj sterilise all his haters?

Abi o.

The question remains Hit or Miss. Instead of answering, they are spitting trash. Oyato means Its different...U guys would be hearing something different this time.

Frawzey.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Patiently waitin 4 part 3!
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2012
Oyato by Dbanj - A Review

By Charles Mgbolu

Multiple award winning singer D’banj has released his first single titled ‘Oyato’ since he and ace producer Don jazzy parted ways, March this year.

The new single Oyato produced by Jay Sleek who has been signed on as a producer for D’banj maintains a lot that fans have always known D’banj for.

The usual head bobbing, pop beats, hits you first as the approximately three minutes song begins to run followed by an all male chord chorus sang in yoruba language.

Music production was on point, Jay Sleek pulled it through… good. D’banj can be heard in the mix intermittently chanting ‘Oyato’ as the chorus endures but he comes fully alive in the verses; his voice strong yet somewhat emotional.

In Oyato, he maintains that he is D’banj and nothing can change that fact about him. The song cast a stark picture of his recent travails. He reflects on rumours whipped up behind him and the unknown truths he couldn’t bring himself to say. He, however, states that he overcame simply because he is D’banj, a different human being – ‘Oyato’.

D’banj’s harmonica which had varnished from his songs for sometime now is dusted up and used judiciously in this number. Towards the end of the song, D’banj is heard telling Jay Sleek “I wish they’d know me better”

The song is barely days old, yet it’s gained a wide acceptance that is staggering although not surprising; many fans literally worship the star – D’banj.

However, some critiques note that the song may have ended “too soon”. D’banj ran a chorus-verse1-chorus-verse2 pattern that abruptly winded down. There wasn’t that usual hooker that doubled as a bridge just after the second verse which helped threw his songs and everyone trapped within into splintering climax before it’s eventual closure. This was a strong trait he had maintained in his previous songs with Don Jazzy.

It’s however a song coming straight from D’banj’s heart. He maintained the upbeat tempo; filling his voice with positive energy that suggests he is possessed by a soul that is far from giving up. He made his point absolutely clear.

He is D’banj and different – “Oyato”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/oyato-by-dbanj-a-review/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by ayox2003: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2012
^^^^ Read and comment....Infact I'm tempted to start a new thread with this Review.

Frawzey.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2012
ayox2003:

Abi o.

The question remains Hit or Miss. Instead of answering, they are spitting trash. Oyato means Its different...U guys would be hearing something different this time.

Frawzey.
Yo P. We aint hatin Dbanj. Personnally, I love his songs. But truth be told, this oyato is not average as per koko master standard. I aint saying this coz am a Don baba J fan. Am a fan of both and av been standing in the middle since this their feud. I aint take no sides. But you gonna tell yourself the truth that if Dbanj is not criticised, he wont perform better. I know you said Oyato means "its different". But the question here is, in different in what direction? You will be suprised when I tell you that most of the people dissing him are his fans. Gosh! Where is Suddenly, Igwe, Oliver Twist, Fall in Love? Oh. I get it. He should just tell his fans that he has left hip hop and has switched to afro beats to compete with the likes of Pasuma and Co. Let me know how much copies of his album that will sale! So man get it. Personally, am not attacking the personality. Am attacking the idea.
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by echibuzor: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2012
Viewing this topic: Cypost , Biggiestep ,
psoto( f), lovejo( m), Yem2ram (m),
FYsol , pro01 , medexico( m),
Cyberconnect12, exxell(m), beewhy
(m), echibuzor( m), Hoodrat( m),
kushimo fadil, suneepet1 , gentotega ,
Chris2006 , Nike93 (f ), eghost247 (m),
KINGAlli(m), ayox2003 (m), Dhelake,
orlahboi( m) and 26 guest(s)
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by Dhelake: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2012
ayox2003: ^^^^ Read and comment....Infact I'm tempted to start a new thread with this Review.

Frawzey.
Abeg Start am nah
Re: D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? by echibuzor: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: ‏@johnwaves

Dear D'banj oliver twist is better than #oyato go and beg don jazzy before it is too late

and d mumu award goes to.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Efe - "Somebody" (Video) / Behind The Scene Photos Of Falz 'Moral Instruction' Video / Chris Brown Sings And Performs Davido"s Song In Yoruba(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.