Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

First Bank Strategic Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank Strategic Recruitment (60937 Views)

I Was Called For An Interview From Strategic Outsourcing Ltd / First Bank Aptitude Test Has Come / Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello House, did any one applied for First Bank Strategic recruitment that was advertised in August? Learnt they have started issuing pre-employment data forms to candidates? If you have any info,lets share it here.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by homebucks: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2012
Adonai36, I did apply. i have not heard from them sha.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2012
I applied too and yet to hear from them.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2012
A friend of mine, told me they sent a mail to him asking him to feel the pre-employment data form, so as to proceed to the next stage.
I think the role is for experience people. Are u experienced?, and which email account did u sent your cv to then? Is it strategicrecruitment@firstbank
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
I also applied, but no heard from them. I am an experienced banker (4yrs)
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gergee,Home-bucks and Topefisayo have you checked your mail of recent?a frined of mine reeived a mail from them, asking her to fill out a pre-interview form,and submit back before the end of today 15/09/2012. I heard From a reliable source that they want to recruit more staffs, so as to fill in some space.
Moderator please help to put this on the front page, so that we can hear and share from people that are concern. thank you.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
We don't even understand firstbank again.some have had series of interviews and also been called for documentation 3weeks ago, now waiting to be called for medicals and employment letter pick ups.I guess they are doing this in batches or waiting for approval.let's keep hope alive
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by iyaegin: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi Dotman,

Am hoping to be invited soon for an interview for an experienced hire position, am guessing you have had yours can you please give a feel of d questions you were asked during ur interview especially function/role specific questions not the general interview questions also how discussion centred around on pay/grade.would really appreciate it thanks.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by Duvyzworld: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hello Everyone,

We rush about so many deadlines attached to so many things and unfortunately we do not take time to invest in getting to know people well.

Instinctively we access, UnCloth and first guess each other and if we can’t present ourselves fast and favourably, we run the risk of being passed over.

Face to face communications in present day is not enough to command a person's attention, you must also be able to hold on to it long enough to deliver your message or intention.
More and more it comes down to 3 things:
1. Your presence (what you look like and how you move).
2. Your attitude (what you do and how you do it)
3. Finally, the way you make people feel

If people like you, they feel natural and comfortable around you, only then will they give you the attention and happily open up to you.
The better you are with connecting with people, the easier it is to get what you want, the better the quality of your life.
Dressed for success is designed to create a Paradigm shift in the minds of individuals and lead to a change in the way success in working environments is perceived.

It is a hands on training designed to cover the following :
What is Image and perception
Why we need image and perception
Personality and carriage
Target Dressing
Colours and the mind
Mix and match
Understanding and setting the mood
Having the wow effect

Training starts 29th September, 2012
Venue: Canton Concourse

Interested? send an email to martin.h.com@gmail.com or call 08091456350
Free makeover for the first five students to register.

Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hopefully waiting 4 their interview call

1 Like

Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
FBN interview tips
On your arrival for the interview,u will be asked to go through a 20mins objectives test which is basically all general banking questions like 25-30questions after which u will be asked for your area of strenght e.g cash,clearing,funds transfer etc and a scenerio based question will given 2 u to study for the panel discussion.there is opportunity to make notes on it for 20mins too.At the panel,the panel consist of 5-6 interviews which will be throwing questions from left,right and centre.Be sure of your CV and make sure you keep just an open mind because questions can come from anywhere afta the normal scenerio based.
As regards grading(levels)be sure of what you want.theirs starts from ET-BA-SBA-BO-SBO-AM-DM...!argain well because they will tell you,they don't do on confirmation.I advice you get yourself equiped with the grade pricing.$.
I hope this my little piece will help.Wishing you success.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
FBN interview tips
On your arrival for the interview,u will be asked to go through a 20mins objectives test which is basically all general banking questions like 25-30questions after which u will be asked for your area of strenght e.g cash,clearing,funds transfer etc and a scenerio based question will given 2 u to study For the panel discussion,there is opportunity to make notes on it for 20mins too.At the panel,the panel consist of 5-6 interviews who will be throwing questions from left,right and centre.Be sure of your CV and make sure you keep just an open mind because questions can come from anywhere afta the normal scenerio based.Eg what do u understand by Garnishee orde?
As regards grading(levels)be sure of what you want.theirs starts from ET-BA-SBA-BO-SBO-AM-DM...!argain well because they will tell you,they don't do on confirmation.I advice you get yourself equiped with the grade pricing.$
I hope this my little piece will help.Wishing you success.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by iyaegin: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2012
Thanks Dotman, this has truly been very helpful and insightful, a friend who also went for the interviews also went through this same process just like you outlined.Pls do you have an idea of how much they pay staff on these levels i.e BA-SBA-BO-SBO.that would provide vital insight as well. Thank you and expecting your favorable feedback.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Iya Egin, Dot man,Gerogee thanks for your post, it is really helpful. Did u guys also received a mail from them asking you to fill a pre-employment/interview form sometomes early this month?
Fingers cross, when is it likely they will call for interview? This suspense from fbn is too much oooo
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
@adonai
Have not heard a word from them, am just being hopeful
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 6:32am On Sep 26, 2012
@Adonai36,
I received the same mail asking us to fill the pre-employment form with a passport and then asked me to bring it along with my documments and 5copies of CV.Guess it is in batches.Be rest assured that you will be called soon.Even our batch that has scaled through interview were just called some weeks back for documentation still waiting for their final call/text.Let's keep hope alive.We are there already.Pls,don't ignore prayer,cos it changes many thinz.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2012
@Dotman, thanks for sharing this, it is well. What stage did you think is next after filling the pre-employment form?
@Georgee, keep the hope alive, we are there already, lets just keep praying.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2012
Thanx dotman and adonai.
Dotman, ar u still in d banking sysytem?, cos i was formerly with oceanic(Now ecobank). Is it d same advert dat came out aug. Cos was thinkn maybe those dat ar still in d industry are bein attended to and wat was/is ur dept in ur bank?
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by henryfunmi(f): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2012
Av not heard anytin from dem too,I just hope dey called me too..
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
@Georgee, I also applied in August, and i don't think it is for people that are presently in the banking system, it is all about experience in the banking industry.Were you send the pre-employment form?
@Henryfunmi, when did u apply, were you send the pre-employment form?
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
I resigned from Banking in feb this year.I was in domestic settlement.PROUDLY INTERCONTINENTAL.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
@adonai,
i wasnt sent any pre-employment doc. I have 4yr banking exp in Foreign operations (Funds transfer and CBN returns renditions officer)
@Dotman, KK
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by iyaegin: 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hi All , Thanks for keeping d thread alive.i heard sumone was asked about d Vault process during her interview can anyone elucidate on that pls thanks.
@dotman any feedback on d pay for d grades from SBA-SBO just to prepare very well in that aspect as well.
Am also hoping to be called for an interview.
@adonai are you able to confirm if ds openings are restricted to Lagos only cos i know the first set of graduate trainees would also be concluding their training from next week.Thanks
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
@Iya egin, am not sure if it is for graduate trainee, as it is for experienced, however I don't rule out the likelihood that we can also be trained too, so as to be farmiliar with FBN identity/culture. Also I don't think the opening is for lagos residents only. If I may ask, when did u apply, have you filled out their pre-employment form?
@Dot man, can you please itemise the grades in FBN and there corresponding pay, so that we can have an idea.
@Gerogee, when did you apply?
Above all, let's continue to pray and keep the hope alive. God is ever faithful
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Adonai, i applied sometime August. Just about when the advert broke out. Av neva been contacted in any form.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by dotmana1: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2012
@ all,
Pls permit me to state a rough estimate here
BA-3m
SBA-5m
BO-6m+
SBO-7m+
AM-9m+
I hope this might help in our negitiations.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by napoleon77(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hi all

I also applied to FBN in August. Got an email to complete the Data Form but later got this mail

Dear CANDIDATE,

We write to inform you that we are in receipt of your employment data form and it is being processed accordingly. As soon as we have vacancies that match your competencies we will contact you.

Thank you for your interest in First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by adonai36: 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Georgee, don't worry, you will be call shortly by God's grace, I heard the recruitment is function base, i.e your previous banking experience.
@Dot-man, thanks for your post, let's keep praying and keep the hope alive, we shall surely get there.
@Nepoleon77, when did u received the second mail? Was it sent to you by one Mr Malik from there HR dept? And which of the banking experience did you have?
Above all, let's keep praying, and God shall make a way for us.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by napoleon77(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
@adonai36 it was sent from the strategicrecruitment mail box. Not by anyone named Malik. I have about 7 years exp in operations, control, cards and marketing from Nigeria but I now work in the UK. I received the mail on 3rd August.
Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by napoleon77(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
This is a copy of the first mail I received.

Dear CANDIDATE,

We write to inform you that your CV has been received and is being processed accordingly.

Please complete the attached Candidate Data form and send back to the same address by close of business today.

In addition, please send a soft copy of your CV, as this will enable us proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process.

Thank you for your interest in First Bank of Nigeria Plc.

Yours sincerely,

For: FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Strategic Recruitment by georgee(m): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
Thanx adonai, guess u ar ryt abt the job function thing. A friend of mine was also called, he works in E-business, Card Marketting unit.
Well, i am patiently waiting for my own job function to be called. Luckily, am multifunctional...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Recruitment List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out / When I Was Filling Fidelity Bank Recruitment Form Online See Wat I Saw / MTN Graduate Development Programme Aptitude Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.