Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (94044 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by fashoga(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2015
shoptomydoor is pretty cool (especially their HELP LINE/CUSTOMER CARE)
...quick clue (pay for your shipment before thursday(s) and you get it the upper week) my order #68772 just arrived within two weeks shocked!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by iyatrustee(f): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
I told you I am addicted!

Truth is, I hardly buy anything locally any longer embarassed embarassed

Creams, perfumes etc just because I trust shoptomydoor to deliver.

At times I assume USPS knows my unit number already cos there is hardly a week they do not deliver my items.

see how big my box is? It's shoptomydoor!

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by encrypt(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
I don't doubt that shoptomydoor delivers. My first order with them went well though the delivery was slightly delayed which they apologized for. Based on this i decided to use them for another shipment only to be slammed with a completely off shipment charge and description (quantity) of my shipment. While they have successfully corrected the shipment details after i provided invoice they refused to adjust the shipment cost which is outrageous. A Package weighing 5lbs became 34.1lbs how and even at 34.1lbs i still do not understand how they arrived at the price up there. PLEASE AND PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I AM NOT FINDING THIS EXPERIENCE FUNNY AT ALL!! ORDERS CREATED FOR MY PRODUCT ARE JUST PENDING!! I FIND IT PARTICULARLY SUSPICIOUS THAT MY SHIPPING COST IS EXACTLY EQUAL TO THE PRICE OF MY GOODS.
PLEASE AND PLEASE I SAY IT AGAIN LOOK INTO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

UNIT NG25219
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by dunwun: 4:06am On Aug 27, 2015
Shoptomydoor, why are you so swift to attend to complaints on this platform but work at snail speed when emails or calls are made to your customer service contacts

All these success stories are nice but I refuse to be carried away until all my concerns and issues with you are resolved today and my goods shipped out tomorrow.

Worse still, Nduka no longer responds to emails, maybe cause a lot of sweet songs are now being sung.

Summary of my complaints,

Always takes over 48hrs in uploading orders even after many calls and prompts. Had a shipment that took up to 2 weeks. After so much effort to get them to locate my goods, the order shows up and I'm charged for wrong addressing when the address on the package is the exact same as the address on all my other packages. The invoice is there for them to see.

Another observation, US shipping more straightforward, realistic, somewhat hassle free than UK shipping. Terrible mistake using their UK services. I have lost sleep over my orders. There are many other freight forwarders to consider esp in the UK.

All items are overvalued even after repeatedly sending and uploading invoices. Nothing happens. I'm guessing you make a lot of money from the 10% flat rate customs fee, that's why you beef up the values of items.

The scales at shoptomydoor need calibration, besides, they measure to the nearest whole number. So if your package weighs 0.6lbs, you'll get 1lbs instead and of course your chargeable weight goes higher and that's more money for shoptomydoor.

In UK, no consolidation, my items get split and shipped contrary to my instructions and consent. No apologies/ assurances whatsoever, now I plan on returning some goods, so what next?

Now , this one beats me, if you choose to buy a bogus item eg a plastic tray measuring 18'' by16" by 2", get ready for a whole in your pocket from the shipping costs. Could go as high as $50. It doesn't matter to shoptomydoor as in, they don't care if the value of the item is 79cents and the weight is .8lbs.

You get to talk to all the customer service people to resolve issues from temitope to Hannah, to ebuka, to debbie, to Bisola but you know what? Nothing or little is achieved other than 'we'll forward it to the dept in charge to handle this'. And you need to sing the whole song of complaints to every customer service personnel you speak to. I have spent 1.5hrs on my call credit talking to them at a go, but we've not moved much from where we started from.

The core function of any customer service is to clarify, resolve and provide solutions to ALL of customer's concerns and promptly too with minimal effort by the customer!

The ratings of any service provider is not so determined by what he normally does or should do (that's what he's being paid for anyway), but more about how he handles customers' issues and concerns when they arise.
People are supposed to get their shipments so don't think you've arrived with all these songs of praises offered by customers, it's the proper way to do business. The true test of how good you are is how you handle issues.

I have raised many issues and will give the house feedback on how this unfolds.

Regrettably, I don't have sweet praises to sing for shoptomydoor.

NG1854.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by dannywil03: 6:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Hi, do shoptomydoor ship directly to ones location or one is expected to go and collect the item from their office in Lagos?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by encrypt(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
encrypt:
I don't doubt that shoptomydoor delivers. My first order with them went well though the delivery was slightly delayed which they apologized for. Based on this i decided to use them for another shipment only to be slammed with a completely off shipment charge and description (quantity) of my shipment. While they have successfully corrected the shipment details after i provided invoice they refused to adjust the shipment cost which is outrageous. A Package weighing 5lbs became 34.1lbs how and even at 34.1lbs i still do not understand how they arrived at the price up there. PLEASE AND PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I AM NOT FINDING THIS EXPERIENCE FUNNY AT ALL!! ORDERS CREATED FOR MY PRODUCT ARE JUST PENDING!! I FIND IT PARTICULARLY SUSPICIOUS THAT MY SHIPPING COST IS EXACTLY EQUAL TO THE PRICE OF MY GOODS.

UNIT NG25219

SHOPTOMYDOOR PLEASE RESPOND TO MY INQUIRY TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Dannywil03,
We ship to your door anywhere you are in Nigeria. You can also choose to pick your shipment from any of our pickup locations.

dannywil03:
Hi, do shoptomydoor ship directly to ones location or one is expected to go and collect the item from their office in Lagos?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by encrypt(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Dannywil03,
We ship to your door anywhere you are in Nigeria. You can also choose to pick your shipment from any of our pickup locations.

So all other complaints are not relevant right I wonder when Nigerian service providers will learn that customer satisfaction is everything. I also offer a service and i certainly do not treat my customers this way. When they inquire about cost i give them a break down. It would seem as if one is begging for a discount here which is not the case. Clarify why the cost attached to my shipment is outrageous then if the explanation is plain i would pay. I don't subscribe to paying and then getting redress later because once i pay against my will am gone along with any future business/referral.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by crestweon(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
crestweon:
My experience with shoptomydoor can be summed up in these ways but before I begin I will issue a disclaimer, I am not here to promote them or their competition, I am only here to tell my story and hope it can broaden this discourse. I started shipping with them when personal accounts were still been paid even before the use of master cards for payments. I also own two Uba cards from them. I have really invested in their business and they have also done likewise to me but as with all relationships when it is not mutually beneficial, you reevaluate. I have not shipped with them in almost two years and while I miss some of their services, I have no regrets.

They have an efficient customer service, I don't think any company can compare though sometimes their people are robotic answering questions like they are rehearsal's.

If you are shipping large items, stay away from them because the bill may be crazy, you can actually get better deals amongst shippers in nairaland, just look well.
During the period of my shipping with them sometimes they deliver timely but other times you are on your own.

My worst experience was black Friday two years ago. I had bought a photocopier and two small printers with a DSLR camera and when it reached their warehouse they billed me 300k to come to Abuja, I was dumbfounded because the total cost of the goods was no were near there. I ended up shipping the camera alone then sending the two printers from their warehouse address to Newyork were a friend introduced me to another shipping company (I had to pay 30k to send it to Newyork). I abandoned my photocopier with them and after a year their rep called me to inform that I should pay the shipping charge and demurrage charges of about 300k which i refused to do, eventually I asked them to sell the photocopier and give me my balance which they refused to do. I had no use for the photocopier since I had already paid the owner back from my personal income. I eventually agreed to pay 50k for the photocopier which I did and that was how my worst shipping nightmare came to a close after more that a year.

I lost a lot of money but that was what inspired me to look for another shipping company which I did and my shipping charges are more reasonable compared to them. If you want to ship very valuable things then they are in a good position because of their insurance policy covers your goods and their consolidated packages works well. I remember before we use to pay for carton before the introduction of consolidation lol.

I observed two ways that make their shipping charges high and they are : they bill you in dollars and fix a ridiculous exchange rate to go with it hence while official exchange rate was 160, I was been charged 180 plus 3%bank surcharge. These was before paypal came to Nigeria and I can't tell what they charge now. Secondly they use FedEx to deliver your package which is good but you know they are premium hence they cost increases.

Another disadvantage is that just like prostitute's say " money for hand back for ground" they don't ship out goods until they get alert while other shippers even here on nairaland will ship your goods and you can pay them later hence you don't miss deadline's. Their arguments has always been that customers will not and my reply has always been that their goods is enough collateral.

Then the issue of custom clearing.....I don't want to go there.....
I wish you all the best as you make up your mind.

order #69704

The last time I posted here about my terrible experience with shop to my door alot of probably sponsored folks here countered my allegations by posting pictures of their Goods received from Shop to my door.

The chairman of the company went further to debunk my allegations about my experience. He went further to ask me to reveal my identity and also to provide an evidence of my order number which I did.
Guess what? I did not hear again from him.....lol. I am sure he saw the terrible treatment I got and had no response except to keep quiet and say nothing hoping it will die a natural death.

I intentionally kept quiet and placed an order through them last week to debunk all their lies about improvement. I ensured I paid through PayPal and I beat their time cut off on Friday.

I got this message after payment "Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 22nd August-2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 29th-August-2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 03rd-September-2015.

Ladies and gentlemen of Nairaland I have not heard from them all week only to get an email today with this message
"Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 29th August-2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 05th-September-2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 10th-September-2015"

I don't mind that I was charged a ridiculous 60 dollars meanwhile I just received the same weight package from another shipper here for 40 dollars. I shipped both on the 21st.

Most of the reviews you see here pls do a simple research on the faces behind them and you will be amazed.

After leaving them for 2years I just spent my money to prove that the lies that this is the cheapest and most efficient shipping company is still true.

Nduka over to you. Nairaland be the judge.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Busola

From our records we see that all your complaints have been attended to already by our customers service team and resolved. Kindly revert to your emails. Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.

dunwun:
Shoptomydoor, why are you so swift to attend to complaints on this platform but work at snail speed when emails or calls are made to your customer service contacts

All these success stories are nice but I refuse to be carried away until all my concerns and issues with you are resolved today and my goods shipped out tomorrow.

Worse still, Nduka no longer responds to emails, maybe cause a lot of sweet songs are now being sung.

Always takes over 48hrs in uploading orders even after many calls and prompts. Had a shipment that took up to 2 weeks. After so much effort to get them to locate my goods, the order shows up and I'm charged for wrong addressing when the address on the package is the exact same as the address on all my other packages. The invoice is there for them to see.

Another observation, US shipping more straightforward, realistic, somewhat hassle free than UK shipping. Terrible mistake using their UK services. I have lost sleep over my orders. There are many other freight forwarders to consider esp in the UK.

All items are overvalued even after repeatedly sending and uploading invoices. Nothing happens. I'm guessing you make a lot of money from the 10% flat rate customs fee, that's why you beef up the values of items.

The scales at shoptomydoor need calibration, besides, they measure to the nearest whole number. So if your package weighs 0.6lbs, you'll get 1lbs instead and of course your chargeable weight goes higher and that's more money for shoptomydoor.

In UK, no consolidation, my items get split and shipped contrary to my instructions and consent. No apologies/ assurances whatsoever, now I plan on returning some goods, so what next?

Now , this one beats me, if you choose to buy a bogus item eg a plastic tray measuring 18'' by16" by 2", get ready for a whole in your pocket from the shipping costs. Could go as high as $50. It doesn't matter to shoptomydoor as in, they don't care if the value of the item is 79cents and the weight is .8lbs.

You get to talk to all the customer service people to resolve issues from temitope to Hannah, to ebuka, to debbie, to Bisola but you know what? Nothing or little is achieved other than 'we'll forward it to the dept in charge to handle this'. And you need to sing the whole song of complaints to every customer service personnel you speak to. I have spent 1.5hrs on my call credit talking to them at a go, but we've not moved much from where we started from.

The core function of any customer service is to clarify, resolve and provide solutions to ALL of customer's concerns and promptly too with minimal effort by the customer!

The ratings of any service provider is not so determined by what he normally does or should do (that's what he's being paid for anyway), but more about how he handles customers' issues and concerns when they arise.
People are supposed to get their shipments so don't think you've arrived with all these songs of praises offered by customers, it's the proper way to do business. The true test of how good you are is how you handle issues.

NG1854.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello,

We apologise for this error on the last update you received, your shipment as expected will be delivered on or before September 3rd, 2015. You will be updated accordingly once we receive shipment in our Lagos sorting centre. We appreciate your business. For enquiries, complaints or more information email: contact@shoptomydoor.com, call 0700 800 8000 or chat with us live.

crestweon:

order #69704

The last time I posted here about my terrible experience with shop to my door alot of probably sponsored folks here countered my allegations by posting pictures of their Goods received from Shop to my door.

The chairman of the company went further to debunk my allegations about my experience. He went further to ask me to reveal my identity and also to provide an evidence of my order number which I did.
Guess what? I did not hear again from him.....lol. I am sure he saw the terrible treatment I got and had no response except to keep quiet and say nothing hoping it will die a natural death.

I intentionally kept quiet and placed an order through them last week to debunk all their lies about improvement. I ensured I paid through PayPal and I beat their time cut off on Friday.

I got this message after payment "Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 22nd August-2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 29th-August-2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 03rd-September-2015.

Ladies and gentlemen of Nairaland I have not heard from them all week only to get an email today with this message
"Booked to depart USA on next cargo flight on the 29th August-2015. Estimated to arrive Lagos Sorting Center after customs clearance on the 05th-September-2015 and will be available for pick up at your selected pick up center or delivered to your door on or before 10th-September-2015"

I don't mind that I was charged a ridiculous 60 dollars meanwhile I just received the same weight package from another shipper here for 40 dollars. I shipped both on the 21st.

Most of the reviews you see here pls do a simple research on the faces behind them and you will be amazed.

After leaving them for 2years I just spent my money to prove that the lies that this is the cheapest and most efficient shipping company is still true.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience using our platform. However, as we already explained to you the initial weight you got was an error and that actual weight is 34lbs. Kindly revert to your email as we see that your complaints are been handled by our customer service team.

encrypt:

SHOPTOMYDOOR PLEASE RESPOND TO MY INQUIRY TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Nnmadi

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience using our platform. We have looked into your records with us. However, as our customer service team had already explained to you, the initial weight you got was an error and the actual weight is 34lbs. Kindly revert to your email as we see that your complaints are been handled by our customer service team.

encrypt:

UNIT NG25219
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by encrypt(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Nnmadi

We are glad to hear that you had a good experience using our platform. We have looked into your records with us. However, as our customer service team had already explained to you, the initial weight you got was an error and the actual weight is 34lbs. Kindly revert to your email as we see that your complaints are been handled by our customer service team.

Just saw your mail containing a better explanation of why the weight has changed. I would make payment today and wait for shipment as soon as possible.
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 12:51am On Aug 29, 2015
Hello,

This is a minor issue. We are testing an SMS system that will alert our customers worldwide via SMS when items are received or any other status. So instead of tracking the items, they get regular alerts right from their mobile phone via SMS. It was in the process of this test that some messages that had been sent earlier went out to some customers. Please ignore the message of item going out this week. This has been fixed and it wrongly went out not only to you but to some other customers.

Like you received earlier, your item will be delivered on or before the 3rd of September. I think you should have waited till 3rd of September before coming to complain.

Anyway, you will definitely enjoy the new SMS module as you will have more visibility on your shipments without needing to log into your account. This will be released next week before Wednesday.

Cheers.
Nduka Udeh
President - Shoptomydoor.com

crestweon:

order #69704

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 12:52am On Aug 29, 2015
crestweon:

order #69704

Hello,

This is a minor issue. We are testing an SMS system that will alert our customers worldwide via SMS when items are received or any other status. So instead of tracking the items, they get regular alerts right from their mobile phone via SMS. It was in the process of this test that some messages that had been sent earlier went out to some customers. Please ignore the message of item going out this week. This has been fixed and it wrongly went out not only to you but to some other customers.

Like you received earlier, your item will be delivered on or before the 3rd of September. I think you should have waited till 3rd of September before coming to complain.

Anyway, you will definitely enjoy the new SMS module as you will have more visibility on your shipments without needing to log into your account. This will be released next week before Wednesday.

Cheers.
Nduka Udeh
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 1:32am On Aug 29, 2015
dunwun:

NG1854.

Hello,

I respond to comments that need me to respond, and not to all and every single comment. When l see genuine complains like this, then l attend to them. Complains that l might have missed in the course of normal work that may not have reached me directly.

All the complains you talk about are clearly mentioned on our site for you to see before you decide on a service to use, as we inform everyone well ahead of time before any procedure is adopted.

1) If there is a delay in updating your shipment to your warehouse, then the shipping label came without a unit number and there are procedures we have to take care of this. Unfortunately until you respond to what we need, we cant do much as we want to ensure that items for customer A is not loaded up for customer B. What you have on your invoice may and is at times different from whats on the shipping label, so l will advice you ensure your shipping address has everything correct. And mind you, a lot of companies in an effort to promote green initiative do not include paper invoice in their shipments, so while some sections of their address may.

2) On the UK, please see the attached where you are informed of the procedures for UK. This has been there clearly since 2013 when we started operating out of the UK. A lot of factors go into how we operate from various countries and l am sure you know that laws and regulations, as well as insurance can affect how you deal with customers items from various countries. With that, l am sure you can see clearly that no company from UK offers the same type of updates as we do from the US.

3) On the values of your items, yes, it is mandatory to have the correct values for 2 reasons, and we will not deviate from this:
(a) Insurance reasons - Initially we left it at zero when invoices do not come with the items and the customer was left to update it. But as we insure all items that is shipped, the details of your shipment is what is passed to the insurance company. So if you put $2, instead of $50, then if any thing happens you are compensated for $2. of course this raised a few issues with some customers who had items damaged while been delivered locally and hence we had to stop that option. The correct values must be entered.
(b) In line with our 100% money back guarantee, we ensure that you get the full cost of items plus shipping cost if anything happens to your items.

On duties, it is mandatory these are paid in Nigeria, and what we did before changing to this model was to lower our normal shipping cost from $4.19/pound (am using the US now) to $3.59/pound. This was the part of the cost that accounted for duties in the past. However since this could not settle the duties on most items we had to adopt this new model. Yes, there may be other companies that use other models, but we have to conform to what is more standard. I am sure you know what DHL or Fedex will charge you for clearing and customs duty if you ship through them. It definitely is not comparable to our fixed 10%.

Now, l am also sure you see the alert that comes to you when items are received, and it states " We may estimate the cost of your items for insurance and clearing purposes. If the value is wrong, please upload your invoice and it will be corrected". I am sure you see that means we have no motive to inflate values, and all you need to do is to send us the invoice and its updated. have you ever sent an invoice to us for update, and we refused to?. If this has happened, then l can say there is a valid reason to say we inflate values for personal gains.

4) On bogus items as you called it, yes you are right. unfortunately shipping cost anywhere in the world is not a function of cost of items but primarily on the dimensions and weight. If you do not understand the concept of dimensional or chargable weight, please go to http://www.shoptomydoor.com/shippingCost.html. You cant buy a bogus/large item eg 2kg of cotton wool that will take up the whole space of a car and expect that you are charged for just 2kg. Our quote tool provides you shipping cost well before you decide to ship. We also offer a free modification in shipping cost if at anytime we discover that there was an error in measurement.

All the same thanks for this. One key insight l have received from you, and thats why l am responding to this personally is the issues you had in resolving issues, that makes you talk to numerous customer service representatives. I have taken note of this and will look into it seriously to ensure this is fully put to rest. Our standard of serice is 4 hours issue resolution (within working period) and a maximum of 24 hours outside of Sundays. If from your complain this is not been achieved, then we have an internal issue and l will look into this immediately.

I hope l have been able to make you a wise shipper, so you know why we take certain procedures. We understand that the huge values in naira/dollar rate is affecting everyone and we will from September to October come up with some good discounts for those wanting to ship items via Ocean. This will be a good time to ship bulky items for just $20 (up to a certain size) and you will have it before Christmas.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I may not respond immediately as l get busy with other things, but once in a while, l will always come here to feel the pulse of our customers and know what it is we can do to serve them better.

My Best Regards,
Nduka Udeh

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 1:34am On Aug 29, 2015
dunwun:

NG1854.

Hello,

I respond to comments that need me to respond, and not to all and every single comment. When l see genuine complains like this, then l attend to them. Complains that l might have missed in the course of normal work that may not have reached me directly.

All the complains you talk about are clearly mentioned on our site for you to see before you decide on a service to use, as we inform everyone well ahead of time before any procedure is adopted.

1) If there is a delay in updating your shipment to your warehouse, then the shipping label came without a unit number and there are procedures we have to take care of this. Unfortunately until you respond to what we need, we cant do much as we want to ensure that items for customer A is not loaded up for customer B. What you have on your invoice may and is at times different from whats on the shipping label, so l will advice you ensure your shipping address has everything correct. And mind you, a lot of companies in an effort to promote green initiative do not include paper invoice in their shipments, so while some sections of their address may.

2) On the UK, please see the attached where you are informed of the procedures for UK. This has been there clearly since 2013 when we started operating out of the UK. A lot of factors go into how we operate from various countries and l am sure you know that laws and regulations, as well as insurance can affect how you deal with customers items from various countries. With that, l am sure you can see clearly that no company from UK offers the same type of updates as we do from the US.

3) On the values of your items, yes, it is mandatory to have the correct values for 2 reasons, and we will not deviate from this:
(a) Insurance reasons - Initially we left it at zero when invoices do not come with the items and the customer was left to update it. But as we insure all items that is shipped, the details of your shipment is what is passed to the insurance company. So if you put $2, instead of $50, then if any thing happens you are compensated for $2. of course this raised a few issues with some customers who had items damaged while been delivered locally and hence we had to stop that option. The correct values must be entered.
(b) In line with our 100% money back guarantee, we ensure that you get the full cost of items plus shipping cost if anything happens to your items.

On duties, it is mandatory these are paid in Nigeria, and what we did before changing to this model was to lower our normal shipping cost from $4.19/pound (am using the US now) to $3.59/pound. This was the part of the cost that accounted for duties in the past. However since this could not settle the duties on most items we had to adopt this new model. Yes, there may be other companies that use other models, but we have to conform to what is more standard. I am sure you know what DHL or Fedex will charge you for clearing and customs duty if you ship through them. It definitely is not comparable to our fixed 10%.

Now, l am also sure you see the alert that comes to you when items are received, and it states " We may estimate the cost of your items for insurance and clearing purposes. If the value is wrong, please upload your invoice and it will be corrected". I am sure you see that means we have no motive to inflate values, and all you need to do is to send us the invoice and its updated. have you ever sent an invoice to us for update, and we refused to?. If this has happened, then l can say there is a valid reason to say we inflate values for personal gains.

4) On bogus items as you called it, yes you are right. unfortunately shipping cost anywhere in the world is not a function of cost of items but primarily on the dimensions and weight. If you do not understand the concept of dimensional or chargable weight, please go to http://www.shoptomydoor.com/shippingCost.html. You cant buy a bogus/large item eg 2kg of cotton wool that will take up the whole space of a car and expect that you are charged for just 2kg. Our quote tool provides you shipping cost well before you decide to ship. We also offer a free modification in shipping cost if at anytime we discover that there was an error in measurement.

All the same thanks for this. One key insight l have received from you, and thats why l am responding to this personally is the issues you had in resolving issues, that makes you talk to numerous customer service representatives. I have taken note of this and will look into it seriously to ensure this is fully put to rest. Our standard of serice is 4 hours issue resolution (within working period) and a maximum of 24 hours outside of Sundays. If from your complain this is not been achieved, then we have an internal issue and l will look into this immediately.

I hope l have been able to make you a wise shipper, so you know why we take certain procedures. We understand that the huge values in naira/dollar rate is affecting everyone and we will from September to October come up with some good discounts for those wanting to ship items via Ocean. This will be a good time to ship bulky items for just $20 (up to a certain size) and you will have it before Christmas.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I may not respond immediately as l get busy with other things, but once in a while, l will always come here to feel the pulse of our customers and know what it is we can do to serve them better.

My Best Regards,
Nduka Udeh

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by franklinosugo: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
I received an Address update from shoptomydoor asking that I update my address at estore where I buy my stuffs. I did so and got the following results. Sample address from shoptomydoor is,

First name and Surname
12011 westbrae parkway #B
Shoptomydoor - Unit NG44...
Houston, - 77031

When I tried this on amazon I got this

First name and Surname
12011 westbrae parkway #
Shoptomydoor - Unit B NG44...
Houston, - 77031

This means the B refused to stay with the hash

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by iyatrustee(f): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
franklinosugo:
I received an Address update from shoptomydoor asking that I update my address at estore where I buy my stuffs. I did so and got the following results. Sample address from shoptomydoor is,

First name and Surname
Houston, - 77031

First name and Surname
12011 westbrae parkway #
Houston, - 77031

Try spacing the B from the #. Same thing happened when I tried to update mine on Ebay.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by crestweon(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Nduka193:

Hello,

Cheers.
Nduka Udeh

Nduka thanks for your interest on this matter but kindly leave your PR to the official shop to my door handle.

Are you serious? I should have waited for 3rd September before complaining, are you OK? Or you carry your CEO title into Nairaland too. Your company sent me a message and I am supposed to know you are testing an SMS system. How come you were testing a system and messages were sent out in error but you did not sent another message to apologize for the error.

I don't believe you and those phony excuses. I will continually share my experience here and since I have realized that you have a light skin for criticism which is also evident on your Facebook wall, I will not relent till you deliver what you promised us the customers.

Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Patrick007: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2015
franklinosugo:

First name and Surname
Houston, - 77031

First name and Surname
12011 westbrae parkway #
Houston, - 77031

I had that issue as well on Amazon, i had to try so many ways and found one that worked

12011 Westbrae Parkway #B
Shoptomydoor-UNIT NG52010
Houston, TX 77031

1st Address Line: 12011 Westbrae Parkway #B
2nd Address Line I Joined the Shoptomydoor-Unit together (Originally its something like Shoptomydoor - Unit)
But I joined the shoptomydoor-unit then NG52010

Try it.. Worked Ok for Me
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi Shoptomydoor,

Maybe you did not look at the picture I attached, I used a weighing scale and the unopened parcel read as 239 grams (0.53 lbs) and not 1.21 lbs as you charged me. Maybe your weighing scale needs to be calibrated or replaced.

Please look at the picture again.

Thank you,

shoptomydoor:
Hello Felix,

We have gone through your record on our platform using the details you provided.
Kindly note that your actual weight was 1.21lbs and that was what you were equally charged for. No difference. Please log in to your warehouse to view your order history.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Toyken(m): 6:24am On Sep 01, 2015
My experience with shotomydoor was quite ok but had some few issue with them, maybe because they are new, there are lot of things that should be put in place when it comes to updating the warehouse and billings too
my order came before speculated time after payment but it took a lot of calls and mails before my warehouse was updates

but i think the most important and what matter most is i got my package.....Im happy grin

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2015
Note that the shipping cost is determined primarily on the dimensions and weight. Therefore, you could buy a teddy bear that might have a smaller weight but will take up more space in the aircraft, and as such the dimensional weight is applied and that affects your cost. This is programmed into the system and it is based on the same formular used by all shipping companies. Chargeable Weight = L x W x H /139. Our quote tool provides you shipping cost well before you decide to ship. Visit http://www.shoptomydoor.com/shippingCost.html for more on the concept of dimensional or chargeable weight.

To be sure customers know the actual shipping cost even before shopping, we have the "Item Quote Tool" online that enable you to enter the actual item and a shipping cost is displayed. For these, if there is any difference, we guarantee not to charge you more than the quote shows. We also offer a free modification in shipping cost if at anytime we discover that there was an error in measurement. We'll like to look into your complaints, so please provide us with your order number to enable us look into this.

elex3177:
Hi Shoptomydoor,

Maybe you did not look at the picture I attached, I used a weighing scale and the unopened parcel read as 239 grams (0.53 lbs) and not 1.21 lbs as you charged me. Maybe your weighing scale needs to be calibrated or replaced.

Please look at the picture again.

Thank you,

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Hi Shoptomydoor,

Check the record, dimension is 5x5x5, is that equivalent to 1.20 lbs that you charge me?
By the way, I used the online tool, unfortunately it doesn't match still.
Again, it looks like you did not look at the picture, it is just a small parcel and not a "huge teddy bear" so it will not occupy much space.

thanks

shoptomydoor:
Note that the shipping cost is determined primarily on the dimensions and weight. Therefore, you could buy a teddy bear that might have a smaller weight but will take up more space in the aircraft, and as such the dimensional weight is applied and that affects your cost. This is programmed into the system and it is based on the same formular used by all shipping companies. Chargeable Weight = L x W x H /139. Our quote tool provides you shipping cost well before you decide to ship. Visit http://www.shoptomydoor.com/shippingCost.html for more on the concept of dimensional or chargeable weight.

To be sure customers know the actual shipping cost even before shopping, we have the "Item Quote Tool" online that enable you to enter the actual item and a shipping cost is displayed. For these, if there is any difference, we guarantee not to charge you more than the quote shows. We also offer a free modification in shipping cost if at anytime we discover that there was an error in measurement. We'll like to look into your complaints, so please provide us with your order number to enable us look into this.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2015
This has been forwarded to our customer service, they will look into this and revert to you. Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor. We appreciate your feedback.

elex3177:
Hi Shoptomydoor,

Check the record, dimension is 5x5x5, is that equivalent to 1.20 lbs that you charge me?
By the way, I used the online tool, unfortunately it doesn't match still.
Again, it looks like you did not look at the picture, it is just a small parcel and not a "huge teddy bear" so it will not occupy much space.

thanks

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by obomita20: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2015
Here another promise kept. Shipment #69330

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by crestweon(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nduka193:

Hello,

Cheers.
Nduka Udeh

I just received my items. Although I have what Nduka will call a "minor issue" of a missing item. I hope it gets sorted out. I will carry the house along all the way and give my final and comprehensive view. Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2015
crestweon:

order #69704

@Crestwagon. I myself have had quite a terrible experience lately and decided to jump ship. I wrote a review of Shoptomydoor based on my personal experience with them here https://www.nairaland.com/2467817/personal-review-shoptomydoor. Frankly, I am well and truly done with them. The last one that broke the camel's back was that even after the entire process and brouhaha I went thru in the last shipment, I only got to find out that all those times, they have even shipped out my goods via their ocean shipment and still went ahead to make me pay for air freight. That is assuming that they didn't say that to hide the fact that they might have actually lost the shipment. I will wait for the time given to elapse and when I don't, I will then take up action against them. By the way, what is the other shipping firm you now use. I want to try out one a friend recommended called Skybox. Their website is Skybox.net. They seem pricy and all so I'm still on the look out for alternatives.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by elex3177: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2015
"SHOPTOMYDOOR New Enhancement To Your Account - 99 cents Inventory/Update Charge"

Hi Nduka,

The inventory/update has been part of your service since.
Why are you charging it? This is not enhancement to my account but rather enhancement to your profit.

What we are expecting as enhancement is for you to replace your outdated weighing scale since your measurement is always above the actual/real measurement compared with calibrated weighing scale.

I just remember buying fish under the bridge of Falomo Bridge, were vendors are asking me if I want them to use "good" scale or "bad" scale to weigh the fish I want to buy. The good scale provides the correct measurement but will charge you higher than the bad scale whose weight measurement is less than the calibrated scale. Which one are you using?

I hope you got the message.

Thank you,
Felix
NG48310

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972-2017 Will Amaze You (photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.