Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (94037 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by 234CustomCars: 2:37am On Jan 11, 2015
I have been using PSI shipping for years now but decided to give these guys a try. I placed a procurement order on the 3rd of January and made a payment via my mobile banking app a day or two later. TOday is the 11th of JANUARY and they are yet to even confirm receipt of my transfer. To be sure the payment was credited into their account, I called a Director at GTB to have someone verify the payment into the Shoptomydoor GTB account and it showed my payment. I called their U.S office when I couldnt reach anyone in Lagos and he promised their "accountant" would look into it and no one did. I spoke to someone in their Lagos office and he told me he would resolve it immediately then told me he would send me an email so I could respond to it and also include a picture of my bank statement showing the transfer. I sent it to them and they sent me an email saying they would "close my ticket/order" because they hadn't heard from me since I ordered.
I had a feeling they wouldn't measure up but I never imagined they would be this inefficient. Thankfully I only ordered something worth N11k. Would definitely not be using them for anything ever again regardless of how this experience ends. My goods would have arrived if they even took Keke Napep from Houston.

My order # is 52359. I paid N11,273 from my Union Bank account, 0038117085, on the 5th of January. Resolve this matter before it becomes embarrassing for your company. SFU office is a few buildings down from my house in Ikoyi.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by smokey12345: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2015
12011 Westbrae Parkway
Shoptomydoor - UNIT 32536
Houston, - 77031

is this the address i will be using to get the package and moreover

my name....Mr XXXXXXXX lets say that
address......12011 Westbrae Parkway
City...........Houston
State..........TX
Zipcode......77031

so i am really wondering where "Shoptomydoor - UNIT 32536" comes in .
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2015
smokey12345:
12011 Westbrae Parkway
Houston, - 77031

City...........Houston
State..........TX
Zipcode......77031

Hello Smokey,
Shoptomydoor - UNIT 32536 comes after the 12011 Westbrae Parkway. For a faster response please call 0700 800 8000.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
234CustomCars:
I have been using PSI shipping for years now but decided to give these guys a try. I placed a procurement order on the 3rd of January and made a payment via my mobile banking app a day or two later. TOday is the 11th of JANUARY and they are yet to even confirm receipt of my transfer. To be sure the payment was credited into their account, I called a Director at GTB to have someone verify the payment into the Shoptomydoor GTB account and it showed my payment. I called their U.S office when I couldnt reach anyone in Lagos and he promised their "accountant" would look into it and no one did. I spoke to someone in their Lagos office and he told me he would resolve it immediately then told me he would send me an email so I could respond to it and also include a picture of my bank statement showing the transfer. I sent it to them and they sent me an email saying they would "close my ticket/order" because they hadn't heard from me since I ordered.
I had a feeling they wouldn't measure up but I never imagined they would be this inefficient. Thankfully I only ordered something worth N11k. Would definitely not be using them for anything ever again regardless of how this experience ends. My goods would have arrived if they even took Keke Napep from Houston.

My order # is 52359. I paid N11,273 from my Union Bank account, 0038117085, on the 5th of January. Resolve this matter before it becomes embarrassing for your company. SFU office is a few buildings down from my house in Ikoyi.

Hello,

You actually made payment on the 5th as stated but it was received as unknown. You did not provide us with the order number or a detailed name with the account, and as such could not be processed. The email you received was an automated email which goes out to customers after a period of time when we don't hear from customers to alert them of an order that has not been placed.
However, we received your email and we are already working on your order. Our customer service has tried to contact you on this.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by latitidejavu: 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
I dug our this thread because of the distasteful experience I am currently having with shoptomydoor.

I read about the bad experience others have met with them, however I decided to try them with a small business.

I ordered some items from China since October 2014 and their excuse since then has been the logjam at lagos which I understand delayed shipments.

However since the goods were cleared, their services have been terrible. They inflate the charges through their warehouse charges which started counting even when the goods weren't cleared yet.

Only one customer service personnel ( chioma o) appeared to know what she was doing. The rest wee confused, disorganised or both.

I have spent more than 4000 naira on calls to then and to make it worse their calls start charging you before they pick the phone.

My last resort will be to go legal with them.

I agree with the poster that said they are money centric. The charges they advertise is far from what you will actually pay.

Use them if you want a VERY STRESSFUL experience.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by 1stinternetbiz: 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
latitidejavu:
I dug our this thread because of the distasteful experience I am currently having with shoptomydoor.

I read about the bad experience others have met with them, however I decided to try them with a small business.

I ordered some items from China since October 2014 and their excuse since then has been the logjam at lagos which I understand delayed shipments.

However since the goods were cleared, their services have been terrible. They inflate the charges through their warehouse charges which started counting even when the goods weren't cleared yet.

Only one customer service personnel ( chioma o) appeared to know what she was doing. The rest wee confused, disorganised or both.

I have spent more than 4000 naira on calls to then and to make it worse their calls start charging you before they pick the phone.

I agree with the poster that said they are money centric. The charges they advertise is far from what you will actually pay.

Sorry for all these not too good experience, meanwhile if you are bringing things from the US you can try http://www.usa2you.biz though new in Nigeria but their services is good, they offer FREE US Address too and charge $15/kg, once you register all details will be email to you includind Nigeria Address
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
@ Shoptomydoor.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:42am On Feb 16, 2015
westmest:
@ Shoptomydoor.

Please i ordered for some items, and upon opening my account on the portal, i saw that there was an item, i had already paid for, and had already been received by me, among the Items to be shipped, and it had a lot to the cost, please i want to know how this item can be removed. Thanks

Hello Westmest,

Kindly provide us with you order number so we can look into this. For a faster response send an email to contact@shoptomydoor.com or call 0700 800 8000.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ibrahim(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
shoptomydoor say they are offering free delivery which isnt true. I just paid for shipping including custom fees for an item to be delivered to me. Worse more, call their customer care and they end the call on you several times I called most especially Chioma. I will advise strongly, to all; DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! Not been harsh but been truthful. Their customer engagement/service is totally OFF! Regret I already have an item on its way to them. Crappy Service I have endured

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
I think you guys are getting this wrong. Read the terms of the promo at www.shoptomydoor.com/free . Free shipping is to their Lagos office. If you want it sent else where, they have the charges which are very reasonable well stated on a link in that page. They page also states that you will pay 10% as duty and clearing on all items bought. Where you charged outside of these their terms and conditions which l think is ver fair.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
ibrahim:
shoptomydoor say they are offering free delivery which isnt true. I just paid for shipping including custom fees for an item to be delivered to me. Worse more, call their customer care and they end the call on you several times I called most especially Chioma. I will advise strongly, to all; DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! Not been harsh but been truthful. Their customer engagement/service is totally OFF! Regret I already have an item on its way to them. Crappy Service I have endured

I think you guys are getting this wrong. Read the terms of the promo at www.shoptomydoor.com/free . Free shipping is to their Lagos office and its clearly stated under the terms of the promo. If you want it sent else where, they have the charges which are very reasonable well stated on a link in that page. They page also states that you will pay 10% as duty and clearing on all items bought. Where you charged outside of these their terms and conditions which l think its the best deal ever compared to if you had paid for normal shipping.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
ibrahim:

undecided kissI think you guys are getting this wrong. Read the terms of the promo at www.shoptomydoor.com/free . Free shipping is to their Lagos office and its clearly stated under the terms of the promo. If you want it sent else where, they have the charges which are very reasonable well stated on a link in that page. They page also states that you will pay 10% as duty and clearing on all items bought. Where you charged outside of these their terms and conditions which l think its the best deal ever compared to if you had paid for normal shipping.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
nattie5:
I have been using this service for about a year now. Not top notch but good enough, until this December, the sweet song in my mouth has become bitter. Poor service quality is eroding the good image they had tried to create in recent past. They advertised for Black Friday shipping discounts. Since I needed to get a new car seat for my baby to travel in on our long drive to home town as she has outgrown her infant car seat, I decided to use the opportunity to bring in the car seat and some other items. My first item was logged into the warehouse 1st of December, 2014. The last item logged in 12th December. I requested for the invoices so I could pay for the shipment. As I am writing this, no invoice has been generated almost 2weeks on. I have sent countless mails, called their customer lines each time they say 'someone is working on it' almost 2weeks and someone hasn't finished generating the invoices. To add salt to my sore, they are keep sending notifications that storage charges will now apply to my suite because my items have out stayed the 21days limit. For Christ sake whose fault is that?

As it stands, my holiday won't go as planned. I am so sad and regretting why I had to build so much trust for this service. Well once beaten, twice shy. After this experience, I'll quietly go back to MyUS.com so I can have my peace of mind. Moreover, the disparity in shipping charges is minimal. I can't trade my peace for anything.

@shoptomydoor, put your house in order. You've worked so hard to come this far, only to go for a nosedive. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

At least you confirmed to have used us for about a year and we appreciate your patronage. These issues you know was a customs issue with the strike at the airport that happened during this period. This was a strike that was announced in all newspapers. These issues are a thing of the past. We have greatly improved our services now and you can be rest assured of far better service than before. Give us a try and you wnt be dissapointed anymore.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
latitidejavu:

We sent out an email on the 3rd and have waved a lot of all these charges. Trust us, we are ready to provide the best service to Nigerians now. Operations run as smooth as can be now, so you have nothing to worry any more.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
smokey12345:
12011 Westbrae Parkway
Houston, - 77031

City...........Houston
State..........TX
Zipcode......77031

Hello, please go to http://www.shoptomydoor.com/faq.php to see how our service works. Its very easy once you understand the process.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
234CustomCars:

Hello, we think there is a lot of exageration on this. You obviously made a payment without providing details of what you were paying for and thats why it was very difficult to know who paid. We receive lots of payments on a daily basis and when transferring money, if you dont reference the order number, we cant know who made the payment.

Tickets are closed by our system if we ask for information and receive no response after a few days. We asked for information and did not hear from you, unfortunately its defficult to resolve the issue if we can not hear from you.

From our record, and as seen in the attached receipt, your payment was verified on the 19th after you responded and provided us the details of the payment that allowed us to trace it, and by the 21st we had ordered the item and the US company had already shipped it out.

All the same, we apologize for any issues but l am sure you saw the error in the transfer details (not including your order details in the transfer is what caused the delay and then failing to respond to us on time) so such delays if it ever did happen will never happen again.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
234CustomCars:

Hello, we think there is a lot of exageration on this. You obviously made a payment without providing details of what you were paying for and thats why it was very difficult to know who paid. We receive lots of payments on a daily basis and when transferring money, if you dont reference the order number, we cant know who made the payment.

Tickets are closed by our system if we ask for information and receive no response after a few days. We asked for information and did not hear from you, unfortunately its defficult to resolve the issue if we can not hear from you.

From our record, and as seen in the attached receipt, your payment was verified on the 19th after you responded and provided us the details of the payment that allowed us to trace it, and by the 21st we had ordered the item and the US company had already shipped it out.

All the same, we apologize for any issues but l am sure you saw the error in the transfer details (not including your order details in the transfer is what caused the delay and then failing to respond to us on time) so such delays if it ever did happen will never happen again.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 12:04am On Mar 28, 2015
latitidejavu:

Well, we cant help if if there is customs delay or other issues with govt. The storage charges are charged by all companies, not just us. Most companies start charging after 5 days. We start after 21 days. 4 times more that others. Secondly beacause the delays were due to customs, there is not much we can do but wait until the issues are resolved. For the storage charges, those emails are automated and any charge you experienced was definitely refunded since the issue was not caused by you.

We take satisfaction with our customers seriously and l am sure all these issues stated here we fully dealth with.

We look forward to serving you again.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Nduka193: 12:05am On Mar 28, 2015
234CustomCars:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:21am On Apr 01, 2015
lanre4:
Hi everyone,please I want to use shoptomydoor,how genuine are they?thanks

We are genuine and have our physical presence in Lagos, Nigeria. You can reach us on 0700 800 8000 for all your enquiries. Our genuineness has made thousands of Nigerians ship through our platform, one which provides them with direct access to over 80 000 stores in USA, UK and China. Visit www.shoptomydoor.com for detail on how to use our service. Also see what MasterCard says on www.pricelessafrica.com.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 11:43am On Apr 01, 2015
smokey12345:
12011 Westbrae Parkway
Houston, - 77031

City...........Houston
State..........TX
Zipcode......77031

Hello Smokey,
Shoptomydoor - UNIT 32536 comes after the 12011 Westbrae Parkway. For a faster response please call 0700 800 8000.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ibrahim(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Nduka193:

undecided kissI think you guys are getting this wrong. Read the terms of the promo at www.shoptomydoor.com/free . Free shipping is to their Lagos office and its clearly stated under the terms of the promo. If you want it sent else where, they have the charges which are very reasonable well stated on a link in that page. They page also states that you will pay 10% as duty and clearing on all items bought. Where you charged outside of these their terms and conditions which l think its the best deal ever compared to if you had paid for normal shipping.

Your been on the defensive when you should read what wrote. I paid for SHIPPING including the custom duties fee under the free shipping promo.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by pennstate(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2015
Hello I want to send some phones from ebay through shoptomydoor to delta state please what is the approximate time of arrival.
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2015
pennstate:
Hello I want to send some phones from ebay through shoptomydoor to delta state please what is the approximate time of arrival.
Thanks

Hello Pennstate,

We have several delivery options and that would determine your delivery time. However, our delivery takes as little as 6 business days with guaranteed delivery to your door. Visit www.shoptomydoor.com to select your preferred shipping method. For more enquiries please call 0700 800 8000, we'll be glad to help with your shopping and shipping needs.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.com
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2015
234CustomCars:

Hello,

You actually made payment on the 5th as stated but it was received as unknown. You did not provide us with the order number or a detailed name with the account, and as such could not be processed. The email you received was an automated email which goes out to customers after a period of time when we don't hear from customers to alert them of an order that has not been placed.
However, we received your email and we are already working on your order. Our customer service has tried to contact you on this.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
ibrahim:

Hello Ibrahim,

Kindly read the terms of our free shipping promo at www.shoptomydoor.com/free . Free shipping is to our Lagos office. If you want it sent else where, you would have to pay the extra charges which are very reasonable, and it is well stated on www.shoptomydoor.com/free. The page also states that you will pay 10% as duty and clearing on all items bought.Our free shipping to Nigeria is absolutely free as we aren't charging you any shipping cost from USA. Our customer service team are well trained personnel and would not for any reason interrupt you calls, perhaps such interruptions were as a result of bad network service. For such issues, enquiries or feedback kindly send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com

Thank you,
Shoptomydoor.com
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by NovaDamola: 1:12am On May 30, 2015
How can you post a customer's details here like this?! This is very bad! I decided to check reviews because someone suggested shoptomydoor, and to say I am appalled by this carelessness is an understatement. Haba! This is very wrong. Nothing justifies posting your customers full details on a public forum like this. I will remember to never make the mistake of using this service before the whole world has my full name, house address and phone number. This is a shame!

Nduka193:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Pesuzok(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2015
ibrahim:

Your been on the defensive when you should read what wrote. I paid for SHIPPING including the custom duties fee under the free shipping promo.

I think the free shipping is through ocean only.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Eesha: 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
NovaDamola:
How can you post a customer's details here like this?! This is very bad! I decided to check reviews because someone suggested shoptomydoor, and to say I am appalled by this carelessness is an understatement. Haba! This is very wrong. Nothing justifies posting your customers full details on a public forum like this. I will remember to never make the mistake of using this service before the whole world has my full name, house address and phone number. This is a shame!
Nduka or whatever u call urself, If you know what is good for u, u had better take down confidential info and prevent urself and silly company for getting sued for all d nickels u are worth.

We all have been insisting on ur filthy services here and u go on d defensive posting details ur dimwitted brain have not been authorised to post. How is that for bad service.

It is appalling to even think you are the president in shoptomydoor. Gosh you are unbelievably despicable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by eventiXNG: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2015
I wish i had seen this trend before making almost 3 orders all at once. Now i must say...... I'm regretting it.

noticed their flaws. when they hiked the estimate worth of my package just to increase the custom duty!

Everytime i tried calling customer care, i get bounced to a voice mall at the decriment of my own airtime.
I tried calling USA line, same thing...

I have been following the trend, and not even 5% of people claim to be happy with your services.

Thats so bad of you guys... FINE!... we all know its impossible to satisfy every body... But in business you should satisfy majority. Else, CLOSE DOWN!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972-2017 Will Amaze You (photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.