Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard (33986 Views)

Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard / Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by northvietnam(m): 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
WIZGUY69:
Rochas!
the only iboe man greater than ojuku+ azikwe combined.
. why thunder no go fire uuuuu..... , whyyyy
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by wristbangle: 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The only untapped oil in SW is red oil. Are you aware Abia state, Imo state and indigenous igbos in Rivers and Delta are all Niger Delta?

Ah ahn! U no dey read news again. Haven't u heard lagos state has join oil producing states? Anyway oil is NOT doing well again so let's leave that. Speaking of delta and rivers, they are not Igbo land. Abi una wan kuku claim SS as biafra anyway they can go with u guys, none of my business.

The only untapped mineral resources in SE is your eroded iron land

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by funkyglitz: 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Omo I no sure say I dey dis naija as dis stuffs dey happen ad bsides y all this bashing...if the igbos want independence they shuld go ahead ad y r u northerners afraid of d biafra It can be done peacefully but as 4 me both nigeria and d biafra none of dem don hlp me...so I dey weda biafra or nigeria e no concern mi jxt dat it shuld be settled amicably
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Mbediogu(m): 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abagworo:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/biafra-protests-s-east-govs-ohanaeze-to-meet-in-owerri/

Igbos are one but their views on Biafra will
always differ from those of their self acclaimed leaders. Their families and asserts are in
London, Dubai and Virginia. The little they have here is in Abuja. They are not stakeholders here. They are VIP, we are PIV or
Poor Innocent Victims. Let anyone of them
who is not owing salaries step forward and address us and we will tell them why the rising that has not occurred since 45years
is occurring now thar all the money for
salaries has evaporated to their overseas accounts. A hungry man is an angryman and the greatest danger to the well fed. Propaganda of haven paid salaries in full is no longer catching. God save all of us.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
rhymaster:
Imo state Ibos usually have more sense than the terrorist Ibos in Anambra and Abia state. Nigeria should let the terrorist Ibos go and keep the sensible Ibos (Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi). We are ill give the money accruing to he terrorist Ibos to the sane ones! Shikena!

You are kidding. Igbo, Ibos, Biafrans everywhere, we are one.

We have our conditions in any meeting too. If they are not ready to wake those killed and to tell us why the police that killed them are still in police force before we talk on issues in Nigeria and Biafra, let them go to hell.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by FreeGlobe(f): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
londongal03:
Dont you think going through Referendum will fail Biafrans faster?This is because if Referendum is conducted today for d Biafrans to go, 98% of the Igbos will vote YES. But on a Larger scale in Nigeria, 80% of Nigerians will vote NO. Again, BTW the South-south and the South-East, majority of them from south-south will vote NO.
We the Biafrans will vote for/against it. We will go with indigenous igbos in SS and I'm okay with that
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by FreeGlobe(f): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
wristbangle:

Ah ahn! U no dey read news again. Haven't u heard lagos state has join oil producing states? Anyway oil is NOT doing well again so let's leave that. Speaking of delta and rivers, they are not Igbo land. Abi una wan kuku claim SS as biafra anyway they can go with u guys, none of my business.

Anambra State has the largest untapped natural gas in Nigeria. We won't leave indigenous igbos in SS behind. The oil find in Lagos is a ruse.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Obiwiz(m): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:

Also the only sensible adult in iboland...
Yes. He helps sympathise with parasitic lineages, kindreds and ethnicities. So dem parasites love him loads!
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
fireforfire:
Biafra .... d land of dreamers.
Just tell me one big igbo enterpreneur dat wil like to uproot his huge investment frm naija to wherever.
Until i c igbo ministers, guvnors,.etc speak n protest for d agitation of dis nightmare bfor i take dem serious

You lack brain like your president.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Obiwiz(m): 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
wristbangle:

If you really believe there's petroleum in lagos, then you guys have something to live with na, so support the secession of the south-east and stop being bile-filled and bitter about the word biafra, calling it Biafra as if someone is trying to snatch ur daily bread. If you have self-esteem and self-belief, den agree to stay on ur own na. Stop leeching on others.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by wristbangle: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Anambra State has the largest untapped natural gas in Nigeria. We won't leave indigenous igbos in SS behind. The oil find in Lagos is a ruse.

Can u support this claim wit evidence?

Anyway like I said, oil market is bad. SW has other vast natural resources to maintain her region. Na north go suffer pass If Nigeria split patapata. Though they have food. I wish Nigeria is truly united just like the United countries. It would one of the best country on earth.

Nice arguing with u though. smiley
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by wristbangle: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
Obiwiz:

If you really believe there's petroleum in lagos, then you guys have something to live with na, so support the secession of the south-east and stop being bile-filled and bitter about the word biafra, calling it Biafra as if someone is trying to snatch ur daily bread. If you have self-esteem and self-belief, den agree to stay on ur own na. Stop leeching on others.

Bros, I am discussing with freeglobe. Please stay out of it. I like her agitation unlike your ferocious approach.

Google is your friend to check crude oil has been discovered in lagos and soon it's exploitation will begin. Same ogun state. Remember Ondo state is among Oil producing state.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Afam4eva(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
I'm just embarrassed for Igbo leaders in the mold of Rochas. To think that I supported this guy when he wanted to contest for the seat of the governor of Imo state. He's one of those Igbos who want to be accepted as the slaves that they are in front of their masters even of it means helping them to wipe out the entire Igbo race for their selfish interest. Instead of him to summon Igbo leaders on how to tackle the glaring abandonment of Igbos and Igboland in the scheme of things in Nigeria. In other climes, he will be rounded up and flogged mercilessly. Anumanu.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by unbeat007(m): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abagworo:
If the protest was really about Igbo interest we would have joined but we all know that it is a manipulation of the gullible by those who lost power in 2015 elections. Imo State suffered so much neglect under Jonathan and now that it is our turn to enjoy federal presence they want to scatter things. We no gree.
You and I knows that you are giving yourself false hope. .maybe the federal government will do his work for him
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
You sound like an absolute fool raped repeatedly by a Fulani herdsman.
eric4p:
they should just advice dere jobless youths 2 engage dem selves in sumtin meaningful den disturbing d peace of dis country nd they should nt hope on south south support coz we re nt fool. enyiba has jus won d nigeria league nd they re happy. no body talked about biafra in dat stadium oooo. mumu dey small.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by bodeloja: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rochas is calling for a meeting to tell the world that he hasn't paid salaries even with the bailout fund. I will rather take ABACHA serious than ROCHAS. The best thing that Buhari will do is to dissociate himself from Rochas. From all indications, they are both highly corrupt.

Back to Biafra issue, where was Rochas and his group when Buhari referred to us as 5%? What about those killed? Any government presence in Biafraland that you want to tell us of the good and bad of Nigeria?

Any policy that encourage our business? Give me one reason why SS/SE should be proud to be in Nigeria. The governors should tell us how much they get from the federal allocation and why Northern state should receive higher. They should tell us if we are in the same country with Northern states that sponsors students in school, pay them as they are in school and they get job as soon as they graduate.

They should tell us the causes of riots in different Northern states and what the Nigerian government has done to compensate those whose properties were destroyed.

They should explain to us the hate statements we get from the Northerner like Yamiri, infidel, 'Kill the Biafrans before the snake' and what they have done about that.

They should tell us what happened to Ibeto cement before GEJ

If they can't answer these, they should forget about Nigeria and join in the protest.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Most Igbo people are brutes! Ptui!
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by richeso: 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
A United Nigeria is when an Igbo man becomes a governor in Lagos state..

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Fearcom(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I trust obiano will not be attending, I implore other igbo governors not to attend this useless meeting. Rochas is apc governors forum chairman. he should be calling his apc governors and not Igbo governors

You don't handle issues of governance with sentiments and kid's gloves... This isn't about APC/PDP. If a state of emergency is declared in any state, the military will be sent in to crush the rebellion, and the governor will be removed.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Abagworo(m): 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
stickncarrot:
Rochas is calling for a meeting to tell the world that he hasn't paid salaries even with the bailout fund. I will rather take ABACHA serious than ROCHAS. The best thing that Buhari will do is to dissociate himself from Rochas. From all indications, they are both highly corrupt.

Back to Biafra issue, where was Rochas and his group when Buhari referred to us as 5%? What about those killed? Any government presence in Biafraland that you want to tell us of the good and bad of Nigeria?

Any policy that encourage our business? Give me one reason why SS/SE should be proud to be in Nigeria. The governors should tell us how much they get from the federal allocation and why Northern state should receive higher. They should tell us if we are in the same country with Northern states that sponsors students in school, pay them as they are in school and they get job as soon as they graduate.

They should tell us the causes of riots in different Northern states and what the Nigerian government has done to compensate those whose properties were destroyed.

They should explain to us the hate statements we get from the Northerner like Yamiri, infidel, 'Kill the Biafrans before the snake' and what they have done about that.

They should tell us what happened to Ibeto cement before GEJ

If they can't answer these, they should forget about Nigeria and join in the protest.

We have 4 years before judgement. Buhari just entered and is about to present his 1st budget. Jonathan served his 2 unsatisfactory terms.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by iukpe: 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nigerian youths have been cheated in this generation. Our fathers have left nothing for youths to grow in this Nigeria.

Yes we must fight for our rights and for a better Nigeria for generations to come.

Fight corruption.
Fight injustice.
Fight oppression.
Fight under development.
Fight poverty without choice.

But lets not turn our homeland to a war zone.

Our fight should give us our land and our lives so we can live and build on.

No one who has been part of the Nigerian sad story should put guns in your hands and watch the same youths extinct.
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Abagworo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
Afam4eva:
I'm just embarrassed for Igbo leaders in the mold of Rochas. To think that I supported this guy when he wanted to contest for the seat of the governor of Imo state. He's one of those Igbos who want to be accepted as the slaves that they are in front of their masters even of it means helping them to wipe out the entire Igbo race for their selfish interest. Instead of him to summon Igbo leaders on how to tackle the glaring abandonment of Igbos and Igboland in the scheme of things in Nigeria. In other climes, he will be rounded up and flogged mercilessly. Anumanu.

Afam think deep before you conclude. Buhari has not taken off. I feel bad that Igbos refused to demand for federal presence under Jonathan but have refused to allow Buhari start off smoothly. Jonathan ruled Nigeria at the peak of oil boom until we had this crisis but nothing tangible can be pointed out. Let us give Buhari time.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
4 years before judging someone that refers to a region as 5%? Someone that perfected it in his appointments? Do you really expect something good from such a person? Perhaps confab would have addressed some of the issues but you know it is ' anti North ' so other regions should continue to suffer.

Biafra is the only hope we have as a people.

Abagworo:

We have 4 years before judgement. Buhari just entered and is about to present his 1st budget. Jonathan served his 2 unsatisfactory terms.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by okwadatigbogal: 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
I pray this Biafra never sees the light of day! Nonsense! What exactly are u idiots agitating for? Almost all the ppl who want this Biafra are the broke asses from the east who are jealous of their fellow easterners success in other lands, so they want to truncate it by force. Almost all of them have never visited outside igboland and they sit down to talk nonsense, claiming injustice! How exactly do u want to fight and win this war?? Hehehe... u ppl are busy agitating and fighting in igboland when d so called war should be fought in other lands. How exactly do u want to control the so called war?? On which front do u want to fight? If u have balls..advance into other lands and see what will happen. In d civil war of the 1960s, the war was better controlled because migration wasnt that much, but as at today, controlling such a war will be very difficult because of heavy migration. Infact Igbos have the highest emigration rate in Nigeria. So if war breaks out, we will have d largest.casualty and we will definitely lose. We are not ready for any stupid war yet! We have no functioning seaport, no serious airport and other social anemities that will make it easier for us to wage war. A referendum will work better than dis war of a thing..because we will surely lose if war breaks out. You cannot fight war on many fronts and Igbos are scattered all over the place. Another issue is this unnecessary hatred between igbos and yorubas. What exactly is the cause of the hate?? I am igbo and d truth must be said. When u come to another man's land have some respect and regard for them. Why will u be claiming lagos is not yoruba land?? It is very bad and I cant blame yorubas for disliking igbos because of dis! Why dont u go and claim Kano?? because u know northerners don't take rubbish and they won't hesitate to kill u if u make such claim! Yorubas are naturally a tolerant ppl so making such claims has resulted to unnecessary bad blood. Besides..what's with all d crowning of eze ndigbo in every community?? Of what use are these useless traditional institutions in every single town outside Igboland?? There lies d problem of we Igbos! They cannot rule themselves and they hate being ruled! Biafra will be a disaster because the typical Imo man will never allow an anambra person rule over him and vice versa.the smaller states/tribes in d so-called biafra will suffer worse, because some igbo groups feel to big and they will never allow smaller groups or states lord over them. Igbos dont love themselvs at all...thats why u still hear stuff like osu, nwa nsukka, nwa abakaliki, and other derogatory comments we direct at each other. Besides Texas In the USA, is almost the size of the whole Nigeria! And d USA has over 50 something states and every one of them is working fine! America is the most diverse Nation on earth..yet they are doing really fine! So why cant Nigeria do fine?? I think the problem is the curse on the black man. Believe me...even if Nigeria is divided into local governments, there will still be ccontrovery and underdevelopment. We all in Nigeria and Africa need a change In mentality. We need to love ourselves more and look out for d greater good of all and not just ourselves and our families. Lastly, I pity any one that will come and cuss me out.. Just know that u are cussing ur stupid self. If ure not mature, pls dont respond to me. Ive got no time. And yes I am Igbo...and A proud one at that!

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by fireforfire: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
stickncarrot:

You lack brain like your president.

If e pain u, go drink.rat poison.
dreamer
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by cheruv: 12:07am On Nov 10, 2015
okwadatigbogal:
[s]I pray this Biafra never sees the light of day! Nonsense! What exactly are u idiots agitating for? Almost all the ppl who want this Biafra are the broke asses from the east who are jealous of their fellow easterners success in other lands, so they want to truncate it by force. Almost all of them have never visited outside igboland and they sit down to talk nonsense, claiming injustice! How exactly do u want to fight and win this war?? Hehehe... u ppl are busy agitating and fighting in igboland when d so called war should be fought in other lands. How exactly do u want to control the so called war?? On which front do u want to fight? If u have balls..advance into other lands and see what will happen. In d civil war of the 1960s, the war was better controlled because migration wasnt that much, but as at today, controlling such a war will be very difficult because of heavy migration. Infact Igbos have the highest emigration rate in Nigeria. So if war breaks out, we will have d largest.casualty and we will definitely lose. We are not ready for any stupid war yet! We have no functioning seaport, no serious airport and other social anemities that will make it easier for us to wage war. A referendum will work better than dis war of a thing..because we will surely lose if war breaks out. You cannot fight war on many fronts and Igbos are scattered all over the place. Another issue is this unnecessary hatred between igbos and yorubas. What exactly is the cause of the hate?? I am igbo and d truth must be said. When u come to another man's land have some respect and regard for them. Why will u be claiming lagos is not yoruba land?? It is very bad and I cant blame yorubas for disliking igbos because of dis! Why dont u go and claim Kano?? because u know northerners don't take rubbish and they won't hesitate to kill u if u make such claim! Yorubas are naturally a tolerant ppl so making such claims has resulted to unnecessary bad blood. Besides..what's with all d crowning of eze ndigbo in every community?? Of what use are these useless traditional institutions in every single town outside Igboland?? There lies d problem of we Igbos! They cannot rule themselves and they hate being ruled! Biafra will be a disaster because the typical Imo man will never allow an anambra person rule over him and vice versa.the smaller states/tribes in d so-called biafra will suffer worse, because some igbo groups feel to big and they will never allow smaller groups or states lord over them. Igbos dont love themselvs at all...thats why u still hear stuff like osu, nwa nsukka, nwa abakaliki, and other derogatory comments we direct at each other. Besides Texas In the USA, is almost the size of the whole Nigeria! And d USA has over 50 something states and every one of them is working fine! America is the most diverse Nation on earth..yet they are doing really fine! So why cant Nigeria do fine?? I think the problem is the curse on the black man. Believe me...even if Nigeria is divided into local governments, there will still be ccontrovery and underdevelopment. We all in Nigeria and Africa need a change In mentality. We need to love ourselves more and look out for d greater good of all and not just ourselves and our families. Lastly, I pity any one that will come and cuss me out.. Just know that u are cussing ur stupid self. If ure not mature, pls dont respond to me. Ive got no time. And yes I am Igbo...and A proud one at that![/s]
Pls check her in into Yaba left...she's spitting on everyone here angry

On a lighter note, when Biafra comes you'd be among those Igbos that'd be required to stay back in Lagos and become Yoruba! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by princejayboss: 12:38am On Nov 10, 2015
Abagworo:
If the protest was really about Igbo interest we would have joined but we all know that it is a manipulation of the gullible by those who lost power in 2015 elections. Imo State suffered so much neglect under Jonathan and now that it is our turn to enjoy federal presence they want to scatter things. We no gree.

Average imo man .... That is if you are.... Early June I visited Nigeria and to owerri .... Behold no imo citizen with his senses will want Rochas as a leader of the state talk of the igbo faction..

AVERAGE IMO HUMAN.... WISER IN STUPIDITY
Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by lawrenceunaa: 12:46am On Nov 10, 2015
WIZGUY69:

grin did I hit a nerve
Tell your people to stop comparing fayose with awolowo!
thanks.
awolowo is the greatest coward u have to end his misery with #20 otapiapia.
Nigeria have no true hero all got flaws

#asfakeasonenigeria

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by lastpage: 12:54am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

we will do all of the above after Nigeria stops feeding on biafra oil

So the OIL now BELONGS TO Biafra? shocked shocked

Hmmmm.... people of the South-South, I hope you guys are listening?

Like a proverb says "We have not dipped our legs into the River, the CROCODILE is already gnashing its teeth"...... shocked shocked shocked
I hope you know what that "crocodile" will do when you eventually enter the river..... if you chose to do so! grin grin grin

I always knew "its all about the Oil" ...each time they lump states like Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, CrossRivers, ...into their phantom Biafra!

Note: If you just agree to form your Biafra from the five, core Ibo states..... then you are free at this very moment but if you think you can arrogate the Oil that the whole Nigeria depends on, at this moment, to your GREEDY and SELFISH SELF, you have another thing coming!

Nigerian Army will use all of you and your wasted land to do "target practice"!
Maiduguri and Boko haram will be child's play compared to what will happen to you guys.

..and YES, it will be a "worse repeat" of 1967, Biafra War 2.0 loading.....!

Bunch of greedy, selfish and confuse mofos

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by princejayboss: 12:59am On Nov 10, 2015
okwadatigbogal:
I pray this Biafra never sees the light of day! Nonsense! What exactly are u idiots agitating for? Almost all the ppl who want this Biafra are the broke asses from the east who are jealous of their fellow easterners success in other lands, so they want to truncate it by force. Almost all of them have never visited outside igboland and they sit down to talk nonsense, claiming injustice! How exactly do u want to fight and win this war?? Hehehe... u ppl are busy agitating and fighting in igboland when d so called war should be fought in other lands. How exactly do u want to control the so called war?? On which front do u want to fight? If u have balls..advance into other lands and see what will happen. In d civil war of the 1960s, the war was better controlled because migration wasnt that much, but as at today, controlling such a war will be very difficult because of heavy migration. Infact Igbos have the highest emigration rate in Nigeria. So if war breaks out, we will have d largest.casualty and we will definitely lose. We are not ready for any stupid war yet! We have no functioning seaport, no serious airport and other social anemities that will make it easier for us to wage war. A referendum will work better than dis war of a thing..because we will surely lose if war breaks out. You cannot fight war on many fronts and Igbos are scattered all over the place. Another issue is this unnecessary hatred between igbos and yorubas. What exactly is the cause of the hate?? I am igbo and d truth must be said. When u come to another man's land have some respect and regard for them. Why will u be claiming lagos is not yoruba land?? It is very bad and I cant blame yorubas for disliking igbos because of dis! Why dont u go and claim Kano?? because u know northerners don't take rubbish and they won't hesitate to kill u if u make such claim! Yorubas are naturally a tolerant ppl so making such claims has resulted to unnecessary bad blood. Besides..what's with all d crowning of eze ndigbo in every community?? Of what use are these useless traditional institutions in every single town outside Igboland?? There lies d problem of we Igbos! They cannot rule themselves and they hate being ruled! Biafra will be a disaster because the typical Imo man will never allow an anambra person rule over him and vice versa.the smaller states/tribes in d so-called biafra will suffer worse, because some igbo groups feel to big and they will never allow smaller groups or states lord over them. Igbos dont love themselvs at all...thats why u still hear stuff like osu, nwa nsukka, nwa abakaliki, and other derogatory comments we direct at each other. Besides Texas In the USA, is almost the size of the whole Nigeria! And d USA has over 50 something states and every one of them is working fine! America is the most diverse Nation on earth..yet they are doing really fine! So why cant Nigeria do fine?? I think the problem is the curse on the black man. Believe me...even if Nigeria is divided into local governments, there will still be ccontrovery and underdevelopment. We all in Nigeria and Africa need a change In mentality. We need to love ourselves more and look out for d greater good of all and not just ourselves and our families. Lastly, I pity any one that will come and cuss me out.. Just know that u are cussing ur stupid self. If ure not mature, pls dont respond to me. Ive got no time. And yes I am Igbo...and A proud one at that!

Look .... Let me tell you something..... Am an igbo man and a proud one too.... If you have ever lost a family in the hands of the north Nigeria just because a TV series in the Europe ... personally I don't think I have issues with the Yoruba people... They are just fellows who want to be happy and enjoy while the party last besides during my masters degree program I lived with a Yoruba guy in Moscow....the guy was a wonderful guy.

I can't forget seeing a brother burn to death in a church in the north.... Thank god I survived ....i can never forgive any northerner for making me lonely with no brothers ....so if you have witnessed the rot of the north you not be foolish enough to write this.

You said most pple who agitates for Biafra are broke people.....l lol.... living in Texas don't make you a rich guy .... 70% Nigerians in the US eat from hand to mouth .... You know is the truth and for crying out loud you are a broke dude living in one of subs over there, I have been to the US at least 15x....

Personally I do not like Nnamdi Kalu because i really do not like his style but I really support Biafra though in a different form... Despite the fact that I have properties in Abuja and Lagos.... I still do support Biafra 100%

Finally you forgot that California actually wanted an out of the US.... Not just Cali but two others....

Next time if you don't know what to write.. Don't write

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard by lastpage: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2015
okwadatigbogal:

On a more serious note..... l said "serious" because l for one like "ribbing" these Ibo boys for a kick!
Its all "fair-play" as long as it is limited to Nairaland.

Now, the "serious part"....as in real life:

The problem we have in Nigeria stems from unbridled corruption.

Think about it: if the average Ibo man in Anambara or Imo or Onitsha has 24/7 power supply, good education, abundant food and an enabling environment (good roads, good amenities like Hospital, e.t.c), do you think he would worry about "BIAFRA" ro what happened in 1967?

How many times have you seen Ibos who are doing very well in real life shouting about Biafra?

I checked the protest pictures and IPOB/MASSOB membership and l did not see the likes of Jim Ovia, any Igbo Governor, Kachukwu the M.D of NNPC and many other Ibos who have made a success of their life! Why is that? Are they less of "Biafrans" or what?

Thus, it is easy to infer that these agitations are a result of poverty, ignorance and deprivation!

Let it be known that there are Huasas who also protest and shout marginalisation just as there are Yorubas who have the same grouse!
Not long ago, the South-South also had an even more serious agitation which was partly resolved but not done peoperly as they still lack a lot of things they should have.

In essence, the dissatisfaction is all over the country, irrespective of region though, it seems it is the Ibo that think the ONLY SOLUTION is to break-up the country.

We might then ask: What is the cause of the dissatisfaction arising from Poverty, Ignorance and deprivation?

The answer is simple: [size=14pt]CORRUPTION![/size]

Nigeria is rich enough for every Nigerian to live well above poverty, for us to have good roads, good hospitals, near-full employment that pays good wages, good schools, e.t.c .... but we cannot have these things for the simple reason that a few "privileged Politicians and Civil Servants" have LOOTED THE MONEY meant for these things.

These looters are in every tribe, every religion, every local govt, every state, both male and female thus, even if you break this country into 592 local govt.. and make each one a country of its own, you will still have an abundance of these looters within each country .... and the story will still be the same! grin grin

Is anyone reasoning with me?

So, in such scenario, what would you do?
Lets say we break this country into a manageable "36 countries" from each state!
how would each of these 36 countries survive and overcome ist fair share of the LOOTERS that make life miserable for every one?
I bet the answer will lie somewhere along "Zero tolerance" for corruption, stiffer penalties for Looters and everyone coming together (within that 1/36 Country) to fight the war on corruption.

If we agree with the above, this takes me back to the highlighted part of your post, above:
WHY CANT WE DO SO IN NIGERIA? ...if we can do it in a small 1/36 country? undecided

I say "Yes, We can".
But we have challenges of "tribalism and Religion".

Mind you, even if Biafra breaks off tomorrow, that tribalism will "breakout" with it as the Imolite will be tribalistic against the Abia man while the Osu and Ngwa this and that will define "truth and support"! grin

The Ife man will be tribalistic towards the Ibadan man while the seemingly cohesive Kanuri man will be tribalistic towards the Fulani man!
Everything will just be a microcosm of the "big mess" we have in Nigeria today.

I dont even want to go the way of religion!. You know how that one makes intelligent people behave like animals! undecided

So, from the above, you will agree with me, with some intelligent forecast, that "SECEDING" WILL NOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEM!
I hope all Biafrans, no matter how bitter you are will reason on this first, before allowing hatred and bitterness to becloud their judgement.

What then is the solution?
*First, l and everyone MUST agree with anyone ...and will invite anyone on-board (Ibo, Yoluba, Hausa, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, just name it) who is "ready to do battle against corruption". .... is MY FRIEND, MY BROTHER and MY BLOOD!

*Next, we agree and decide that its a fight to the death with corruption and those who benefit from it.
*We agree that the Looters are many, everywhere, powerful and have amassed enough wealth to FIGHT BACk
*That one of their tools is to DIVIDE US, using styles like "TRIBE (They are arresting only looters from my tribe), PARTY affiliations (They are arresting looters only from the Party l support), RELIGIOUS sentiments (They are arresting only Christian or Muslim looters)... so they can CONQUER US.

*That we will resist such "divisions" and fight the looters as one
*That we dont have the capacity to fight all of them at once, we therefore have to start from "somewhere and someone".... and we will support our "LEADER" from whichever person or place he starts from.

*That we show enough faith and believe with any one we chose to lead us in the fight against corruption.

*That the ONLY other ALTERNATIVE we have is to IMPLODE GO TO WAR, DESTROY OURSELVES AND BE BACK TO SQUARE ONE.... while we continue to wallow in poverty, from one generation to the next, while being a disgrace to the Black man, world over.

Now, that is the serious part!.

I will now go back to the "un-serious part"... which is what Nairaland is all about
. grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sename Sosu And James Ibori At Tosin Saraki's Wedding / DSS Spends ₦500Million On Nnamdi Kanu’s Court Appearance - Sahara Reporters / Northern Traders Close Shops In Umuahia After IPOB, Military Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.