Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (49468 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
bros sorry it does not work that way , can you vouch for her as she is now?[color=#000099]bros sorry it does not work that way , can you vouch for her as she is now?
Not absolutely but her personality is just different from all the descriptions given about early 20's.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by munky(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
my current gf is 21 and am 27. this relationship has had its own ups and down. not been easy at all. at dis age most girls dont see any man as their future husband or life partner. so you really need patience and self control.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by alienware(m): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Never trust a woman, not even ur mother.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Bella3(f): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Rocktation: Do what you have to do. Looking at NL, tell me, can you honestly always tell the difference between the adults and the young'uns?
10000 likes
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by tonyx4x44(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: HIGH RISK AGE BRACKET. ABORT MISSION
TO AVOID MASSIVE COLLATERAL DAMAGE

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by hakunamatata1: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
Guy, chances r 9/10 that u wld end up frustrated with this experiment only to start over again looking 4 new specimens. Question u hav to ask urself is- can u cope? For u hav to be patient like a crocodile, gentle like a dove & take a lota bullshit while expecting none in return. trust me, u r beta off with d matured 1s who hav seen d world in its entirety.
I've been there. . . A trial will confuse u!

6 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Saintsquare(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".
Gud 1 bro,well said
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Sijo01(f): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
2sexy: there is an issue and infact a lot of issues. Most girls within that age are crazy set off species. Infact, OP just go with mind of catching fun and don't attach much importance in your dealings with such girl. Don't even take it as a serious relationship so that when they start their madeness, you won't get burnt.

there are some early twenties dat more cool headed and also kno wat dey want more dan some late twenties......in others words, maturity is not defined by age.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by digitite: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
tonyx4x44: TO AVOID MASSIVE COLLATERAL DAMAGE

In order to save the Emergency department from billions in funds and hours of crying.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Piro4rl(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
DONT TAKE HER SERIOUS RATHER LET HER BE THE ONE TO TAKE THE RELATIONSHIP MORE SERIOUSLY.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Everest9(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pacify: If you must date any lady of such age, be prepared for the good and the bad. One of such bad scenarios will be in the issue of respect, cos at dat age, many of these girls run their mouth without much concern about whether you are older or not.
guy u are 100% right cuz it has happened to me

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by overkillR(f): 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
There's absolutely nothing wrong in dating a girl in her early 20s. I got married at 21 and I'm very happy and fullfilled! Age is just a number!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ayox2003: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
At that age? Be prepared for the worst! You'd have to put up with unanswered phone calls, unreplied text messages, bad-mouthing and so on. You can smell some of them on NL too.

Only if u're ready to face the worst(patient and cool headed)
or if she's well groomed from home. Else...it would be a monkey-banana situation.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ayox2003: 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
overkill®:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in dating a girl in her early 20s. I got married at 21 and I'm very happy and fullfilled! Age is just a number!

Oh! Really? So how old was ur husband when he married u?

Frawzey
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by omoh9ja: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
grin
Chidex2442: i dnt do babe tinz next page please!

GAY grin
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Bigpiper(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
The problem I have with ladies of dat age group is that they tend to fall head over heels in love. They choke u with love especially if ur the one who did the deflowering. Older girls or girls in their 30s r d best. Big ups to the ladies in der 30s. Husband ԃǝ̥̥γ̥ come, get faith.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by brownlord: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
r

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by FindOut(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2012

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".

U've said it all!!! Especially the ''stingy'' & reasoning part. You are earning 250k a month, ur girl no wan kno o, she sha want make u buy am bold 5 by force. She'll refuse to understand that you have to save for your rent/a bigger apartment, save for ur marriage, pay for professional exams, save for the unforseen, save for a car & still spend money to run your home.

Intelligence- you come home from work, you have an issue that came up at work with a co-worker/boss & you want to discuss with sme1, get a 2nd view or possible solution which is a product of detailed analysis, ur gf happens to come around, you start presenting your situation, havnt gotten to half only for her to say something like ''all these your work gist is boring jor. Lets see what's happening on E! & guess what happened on twitter btwn me & my friends, we were gisting about one mumu girl like that............''

That said, there r a indeed a couple of exceptions. I'm nowhere near late 20s, still approaching mid 20s, but there are some girls within my age range i just CANNOT date. I place a high premium on intelligence (note: intelligence not brilliance, even tho many tyms, both go together) & i can't imagine dating someone i can't have a serious insightful intelligent conversation with from time to time. I'm not the king of intelligence, but abeg, if u no fit improve my own, no worsen am with your dullness(in the name of being ''fly'').lol

8 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by brianromel(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ladies btw the ages of 20 to 25 you say. And you have not noticed anything in each relationship with them that u have.

My experience with ladies of that age falls on what most of them THAT I HAVE DATED feel is their priority. Sex crazy life and money.

Of my own exprience 80% of them just need one thing or the other from you. Their idea of relationhip is since u have had sex with em your in a relationship with them.

Although i have date a few good ones of that age. One particular young lady of 21 blew my mind away,not to much body aspect ratio but the girl had a truly sharp mind in discussion,business and any most other aspect even when hanging with my friends,i find my guys nodding to her principles or imput she puts in during a discussion as if she was one of the guys.Lost her at the end thought. She‘s hausa i‘m igbo. Her parents did not approve.

All in all i prefer ladies from 24 upward,some are a bit mature,while others border on pyschotic at times(when will u meet my parents kinda issh).
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ayox2003: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
Find Out!:

U've said it all!!! Especially the ''stingy'' & reasoning part. You are earning 250k a month, ur girl no wan kno o, she sha want make u buy am bold 5 by force. She'll refuse to understand that you have to save for your rent/a bigger apartment, save for ur marriage, pay for professional exams, save for the unforseen, save for a car & still spend money to run your home.

Intelligence- you come home from work, you have an issue that came up at work with a co-worker/boss & you want to discuss with sme1, get a 2nd view or possible solution which is a product of detailed analysis, ur gf happens to come around, you start presenting your situation, havnt gotten to half only for her to say something like ''all these your work gist is boring jor. Lets see what's happening on E! & guess what happened on twitter btwn me & my friends, we were gisting about one mumu girl like that............''

That said, there r a indeed a couple of exceptions. I'm nowhere near late 20s, still approaching mid 20s, but there are some girls within my age range i just CANNOT date. I place a high premium on intelligence (note: intelligence not brilliance, even tho many tyms, both go together) & i can't imagine dating someone i can't have a serious insightful intelligent conversation with from time to time. I'm not the king of intelligence, but abeg, if u no fit improve my own, no worsen am with your dullness(in the name of being ''fly'').lol

You slayed it. Some guys also behave childishly to the ladies. That's why they go for older men. Anyways, it all boils down to attitude and value system. If the OP's girl has the right attitude and a value system that is within the OP's frame of reference, then no wahala.

Frawzey.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by bashr8: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
brianromel: Ladies btw the ages of 20 to 25 you say. And you have not noticed anything in each relationship with them that u have.

My experience with ladies of that age falls on what most of them THAT I HAVE DATED feel is their priority. Sex crazy life and money.

Of my own exprience 80% of them just need one thing or the other from you. Their idea of relationhip is since u have had sex with em your in a relationship with them.

Although i have date a few good ones of that age. One particular young lady of 21 blew my mind away,not to much body aspect ratio but the girl had a truly sharp mind in discussion,business and any most other aspect even when hanging with my friends,i find my guys nodding to her principles or imput she puts in during a discussion as if she was one of the guys.Lost her at the end thought. She‘s hausa i‘m igbo. Her parents did not approve.

All in all[b] i prefer ladies from 24 upward[/b],some are a bit mature,while others border on pyschotic at times(when will u meet my parents kinda issh).

to be on the safe side i prefer from 25 cus i think thats the age they wake up to reality , as for when will you meet my parents kind of girls we are talking of an ideal situation when you the guy is ready financially and want a girl you can date for some time and marry so that kind actually fits in.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by FindOut(m): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
ayox2003:

You slayed it. Some guys also behave childishly to them ladies that's why they go for older men. Anyways, it all boils down to attitude and value system. If the OP's girl has the right attitude and a value system that is within the OP's frame of referencen then no wahala.

Frawzey.

lol. Its true. So many guys i too wouldnt date if i were a girl. it really all boils down to the type of girl, the type of guy, what they want from each other, & what they are willing to give in exchange. Some guys want ''babies'' as wives, some girls want ''fathers'' as husbands. Some want fathers/brothers/babies/buddies as husbands, same as applies for guys too. Compatibility is key, no unnecessary manage manage. If you can deal with it, carry on, if you cant, pull out & look for what suits you.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by flairlady(f): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
hmmm,nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by htajz: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
guys pls if your in your late 20 or early 30s do yourself a favour and avoid girls of that age 24 or 23 and below(e chanel/twitter/blackberry/brazillian weave/colour riot/confused/immature/insultive /greedy/kim kardasian/wizkid/iceprince/runs girls/i have the best chairman/meet a guy online and visit him in another strange city/multiple boyfriends kind of girls). its suicide for a guy that wants to settle or still struggling to settle infact they can ruin you because you cant cope emotionally, financially , you might loose your temper and end up killing someone. even me in my mid 20s cant stand them. i think girls start growing brains when they turn 25 or 26 ,there are exceptions but they are difficult to find cus the pressure is too much for them to follow the trend of stupidity .

it cud also be because at that age they are spoilt with choices of guys in different cities plus chairmen , unfortunately by the time they turn 26 all those guys will disappear and thats when their eyes actually open.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by freecocoa(f): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ha! See problem o.

Thank God my boo doesn't think like most of the guys on here.

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by deezed1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Patience man, patience! U've got 2 av truck loads of it. Especially wen u've bin able 2 identify wt u want.And wud b really heart-brkin wen after all d inputs,she's snatched by sm1 else. U jst av 2 get ur head straight n make sure dts wt u want b4 delvin into it.
Beware! They might turn round l8r and accuse u of robbin Dem of their youth and experimental stages.
Jst b sure, its wt u want n dnt hesitate! All d best.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by bernieamce: 11:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
LMAO!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ibhena(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2012

Guy,spot-on! E be like say you get Phd in this department!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Different strokes for different folks....I'd rather focus on myself than waste resources(time and money)

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2012
overkill®:
Enough with this "age is just a number" bullshit!
Age is not and will never be just a number. So age is just a number, and a 30 year old man comes up here wanting to marry a 16 year old girl, and he gets cussed out?

GTFOH!

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by chic2pimp(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2012
[size=15pt]IMMATURITY!!!!
[/size]

Ofcourse as with all things, they is always going to be an exception to the rule.
However more often than, most Girls at that age are quite truthfully Immature. It's that simple
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pbs4real(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2012
Are u HOMO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Moment Groom Warned His Wedding MC Against Telling Him And His Bride To Dance / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Traffic In Yaba Today / How Did You Find Out Your Partner Was Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.